S14 Bidding Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by KBI36I, May 27, 2020.

1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Hello everyone,

I've always put out one of these kinds of threads after every bidding session, so I decided to bring another one as a piece of media for the PSN side. I usually only looked at the highest paid players from each position, this season I decided to go a step further.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you disagree with something that is said that's totally fine, please don't take what is said in the wrong way.

[​IMG]

Top 5 Highest Paid Players
    (Each Position)

[​IMG]

1) @P t P 10 — $11,000,000 Washington Capitals

PTP, the highest paid left winger as well as top 6 in the entire bidding. In my opinion this contract is well worth it considering not only can he play C as well, but he's the best if not top 3 best forwards that was in bidding.

Looking at the Washington Capitals roster, contract worthy managers with some other solid depth pieces so this massive contract shouldn't hurt them that much.

2) @SirGab x 48 — $10,750,000 — New York Rangers

Sirgab the second highest paid left winger, I really like this contract but I don't agree with the team that got him.

Looking at the New York Rangers, they bring in a 1/2 left winger as GM and then go and grab another first line worthy left winger in bidding not having a legit first line center. I see this team having a lack of depth problem possibly moving this contract down the road.

3) @Class Act 27 $8,000,000 — Colorado Avalanche

This is a great contract for Class Act, his availability makes him not hit $10,000,000. One of the best left wingers in the game, not many teams would feel comfortable with this type of contract player having awful availability.

Looking at the Colorado Avalanche roster, two top players as managers starting off is huge. Forward wise they got some pretty solid depth, defense wise is a bit scary though, and we seen the results of what happened to this team before when having weak defense.

4) @I JF5 I $7,750,000 — Chicago Blackhawks

I really like this contract for JF5, maybe should have gone a bit more? Another one of those players that can play C pretty good as well if needed. Looking at “top talent” I think this is one of the best forward contracts that came out of bidding.

Looking at the Chicago roster, starting off with two managers not really worth the free contract with the team lacking solid depth, they did a great job securing a top player but in my opinion need to fix the teams depth as it isn't enough.

5) @Tcx7 — $7,000,000 — Philadelphia Flyers

Rico making his return after a season off going for a decent amount. I don't mind this contract, maybe should have gone a bit less with not playing the game as much anymore? Idk...

Looking at the Flyers roster, they also brought in KushNastyy so my guess is Rico will be playing with Kush on the first line. I'm not sure how I feel about the other two lines though

[​IMG]

1) @ItsWillee — $12,500,000 — Minnesota Wild
    Willie, the highest paid C as well as the second highest paid player in bidding. Do I agree? Not really. I know the C pool for “top talent” at least wasn't very strong, a lot of teams that needed a 1C not going for depth option fighting for these top Cs.

Looking at the Minnesota Wild roster, they got two solid 2nd line managers taking the free contract. In my opinion this team doesn't have strong enough depth as of now for me to say this contract is fine on the roster.

2) @Akonvict21 — $12,000,000 — Arizona Coyotes
    Akon, probably the best defensive C that was in bidding going $500,000 less than ItsWillie. This type of contract isn't surprising compared to others.

Looking at the Arizona roster, they do got some solid depth pieces, but I'm not sure how I feel and I'm sure many others feel the same way when looking at this team. Cody is a great manager, always proves people wrong with his teams that he builds, I'm excited to see what happens this season.

3) @GoalieGodz — $10,000,000 — Columbus Blue Jackets

Let me know if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this contract is more about friendship / chemistry over actual skill. I love GoalieGodz, I think he's a really solid 1/2 C, but do I like this contract? Absolutely not.

Looking at Columbus roster, they did have a bunch of first round picks drafting some solid depth support type players plus getting other cheap players, I don't believe this type of contract will hurt them with the depth that they've got.

4) @ToppestOfTops — $8,250,000 — San Jose Sharks

Just like the Columbus Blue Jackets, I'm pretty sure this bid is because of chemistry reasons and not actual skill.
    I think DB is another solid 1/2 C, but not sure if I like this contract on him.

Looking at the Sharks roster, two contract worthy managers. Forward core isn't bad, defense core I think is pretty bad and needs improvement. They've got a legit $2,000,000 starting goalie which is good, hopefully his availability isn't ass soon with him moving as he's mentioned before bidding. Hopefully DB doesn't quit again as he will be a key piece that's needed to step up.

5) @l Ringy l97l — $7,000,000 — Vegas Golden Knights

I don't mind this contract, I'm sure a lot of people predicted Ringy going for this much before bidding started. I think he's a great 1/2 line player, can also play right wing as well which is nice having a type of player like this.

Looking at the Vegas roster, I don't see this contract hurting the team at all, easily can be moved if needed or stronger depth can be added to the team.

[​IMG]

1) @F0G 19 — $11,000,000 — Tampa Bay Lighting

This contract isn't a surprise, FOG being the best right winger that was in bidding coming out with the highest contract. I don't think the team that won him is a surprise either as many probably expected, smart of them to waste no time being super aggressive starting an $11,000,000 bid scaring away everyone.
    Looking at the Tampa roster,
    two first line worthy managers with some other great solid players. This contract definitely won't hurt the team, I'd actually be shocked if FOG gets traded away from Tampa.

2) @KushNastyy — $10,750,000 — Philadelphia Flyers

I wasn't sure if I liked Rico's contract being the 1LW, I really like this contract though. Kush is a freak on the sticks and this contract is amazing for him. Definitely moveable if needed, team can add depth not having to worry about one player being a lot.

3) @Hriiz — $9,000,000 — Toronto Maple Leafs

This is another contract I love, Hriiz is known to be a top player and this price for him is great. Definitely not overpaid. (Upset he's in my division)

Looking at the Leafs, returning contract worthy managers plus some solid depth guys from last season as well as cheap guys like Domi they brought in before bidding, in my opinion this contract won't hurt them at all and can be moved if needed.

4) @AyeKeeks — $8,500,000 — Boston Bruins

A lot of teams were after Keeks, this is one of those contracts that makes you think if he should have gone a tiny bit more. Top first line player that will dominate this season being in the conversation for some awards. Pawdiddy made the right decision going after Keeks when Tommy quit, in my opinion he got the last laugh getting the better first line player in the end.

Looking at the Bruins roster, they do have a GM who many would say is worth a free contract. I don't think Keeks contract will hurt them, they have a solid west line as the 2nd. Keeks should play on the first for better depth with the owner and his crew on the 3rd. 1/2 defense core is questionable, goalie situation definitely is a head scratcher.

5) @Draisaitll29 — $8,000,000 — Toronto Maple Leafs

Draisaitll29 AKA Nav going for a pretty nice contract being a first line player, can also play C and I think LW as well. Him and Hriiz will be a dangerous first line that will do some damage offensively!

[​IMG]

1) @Dups77 — $13,000,000 — Vegas Golden Knights

Dups the Xbox player comes to PSN and gets paid! I've personally never seen him play but heard he's really good and worth the contract being the best Dman that was in bidding.

Vegas G7 defense pairing with Dups and Reacts is insane! Owner being worth the free contract plus some other solid contract forwards makes Dups contract look not that bad having somewhat depth on the team.

2) @Ducks_200IQ — $9,000,000 — Detroit Red Wings

I'm not sure I agree with this contract, I understand how weak defense was this season in bidding but still I don't know if I like this amount on Ducks. I believe other options for same skill level cheaper.

Detroit getting their 1LD, having owner as 2LD (unless he plays 2RD) and then they have GM Rakaniishuu AKA Fondy as 1 RD, I don't know the other cheap dman they have. Overall view of the defense core is pretty solid, forward core I don't mind. Goalie situation is a bit scary.

3) @foxpresentation — $7,250,000 — Pittsburgh Penguins

Fox goes for $250,000 more this season, going to play the 1LD role for Pittsburgh. Do I like this contract? Not really. I believe Fox is more of a second line type Dman, shouldn't really be hitting 7 In my opinion.

This teams overall depth kind of worries me, think they had a mediocre bidding and will find a lot of holes that need to be filled to have success.

4) @Happy-Gilmore-27 — $7,000,000 — Arizona Coyotes

In my opinion Happy is better than Fox, this contract isn't as bad. Not a surprise either going to Arizona as he will be pairing with MrPurpleCrush again as they've had a lot of success playing together. Great 1/2 defense pairing!

5) @Xx LoL xX 9 — $6,750,000 — Carolina Hurricanes

Just wow! In my opinion this is the best if not top 3 best defense contracts coming out of bidding. LoL can easily be called a first line Dman, plays both sides as well which is huge for any team.

Carolina having two of the best Cs as free contracts plus a couple of other solid contracts making this team look dangerous already.

[​IMG]

1) @Dumoulin_65 — $11,250,000 — Florida Panthers

LMAOOOOOOOO

This team is fucked.

@White_Knucklerz — $11,250,000 — Calgary Flames

Same price as Dumoulin, but actually somewhat worth the contract being a much better player. Possibly the best RD that was in bidding so this price isn't a shocker.

Having no depth really, I also believe this team is fucked.

2) @Grindxr- — $10,750,000 — Vancouver Canucks

Just why... very much overpaid. One of the ugliest contracts this season, sorry but true.

Vancouver definitely has stronger depth compared to Florida and Calgary so doesn't look as bad, just think they should have stopped a lot sooner and possibly added stronger depth with the cap.

3) @Bazlund — $9,000,000 — New Jersey Devils

For a first line worthy Dman, this is a nice contract for NJD. Baz is probably a better player than Dumoulin and Grindxr, goes for cheaper...

I really like how this team is built, well done by NJD management team!

4) @Neidermayer87 — $6,000,000 — LA Kings

CMike goes for $1,000,000 cheaper, I really like this price and think this is where he should be at. Great 2LD that can play the role of 1LD if needed, I don't think this contract will hurt the Kings or any team in the league.

Looking at how the Kings are built, I am really impressed as I think they did a fantastic job in bidding adding strong depth.

5) @QCSLAYR42069 — $5,500,000 - Boston Bruins

I've never thought of seeing Brad as a top 5 highest paid Dman, but here we are!

Brad is a very solid Dman, worth this contract? ehhhhh Idk... I don't like it, I don't hate it.

Boston does have a west line though, obviously with Brad being west (I think still) he will be performing better plus having support around him making this contract not a worry for Boston managers.

(I always leave out goalies, don't feel like talking about 5 goalies who are $2,000,000)

That concludes the top five highest paid players from each position, again please don't take anything that was said in the wrong way. Let me know your guys opinion on these contracts!

BIDDING STEALS / NICE CONTRACTS
    (Going to leave my team out for a reason)

Tjhdp11 $500,000
    Chris-Tastik $500,000
    The Blind Ref $2,000,000
    DomSquad $2,500,000
    lehk2797 $1,500,000

Domi_x_13 $1,000,000
    KROFTONITE $1,000,000
    Nick_x_98 $1,000,000
    eFoduggz $1,250,000
    VehnoM_ $1,500,000

Yeap_93 $500,000
    oRecki $500,000
    Mxnahan $1,250,000

alanscanucks $500,000
    NoSleeves12 $500,000
    XxCanadasGamexX $500,000
    Primetimme $3,500,000
    postandin74 AKA ChyzNasty $3,000,000

Any other steals / nice contracts? Let me know!

UGLY CONTRACTS
    (I'm sorry)

KSKrish $4,000,000
    Desjy99 $6,500,000 (this a maybe for me)
    GoalieGodz $10,000,000

l Assonnato l $5,750,000
    CT83- $4,000,000
    Dumoulin $11,250,000
    Grindxr $10,500,000
    Thentrikjamz $4,750,000
    Labrat $5,500,000

Any other ugly contracts? Let me know!

Standings Prediction
    (Top 3)

Eastern Metropolitan
    1) Carolina Hurricanes
    2) Washington Capitals
    3) Columbus Blue Jackets

Eastern Atlantic
    [​IMG]

Western Central
    1) Colorado Avalanche
    2) Arizona Coyotes
    3) Dallas Stars

Western Pacific
    1) Los Angeles Kings
    2) Seattle Thunderbirds
    3) Vegas Golden Knights

That wraps up my thread, if you enjoyed the read please up vote (thumbs up) as that tells me my media posts are likeable. I'll possibly make a couple more media write-ups this season.

Goodluck everyone this season!

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 57
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. SirGab-

SirGab- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SirGab#3480
    Ratings:
    +256 / 4 / -16
    i agree im so confuse why they bid on me...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    sirgab02
  3. Leveskii

Leveskii Am I good yet?

Discord:
    Leveskii#9686
    Ratings:
    +568 / 58 / -128
    Ugly contract here

• Troll Troll x 1
    Leveskii11
  4. xBrickwall-_-

xBrickwall-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    brick3692#0
    Ratings:
    +396 / 172 / -212
    Biggest steal of bidding here

• Winner x 5
    • Get Good x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Troll x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    xbrickwall_
  5. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    I don’t think the @Grindxr- contract is ugly worthy. Every time I play against this guy he always stands out when he has the puck no matter who he’s playing with

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Class_Act_27
  6. canuckftc12W

canuckftc12W Well-Known Member

Discord:
    canuckftc12W#5025
    Ratings:
    +605 / 29 / -68
    I agree with Class, I dont think Grindxr is worth 10 mill but definitely not ugly worthy when looking at how bidding was, not elite but hes a very good player who can play top line

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Itsnucktime
  7. Stxvio

Stxvio Greatest Never

Discord:
    stxvio#0
    Ratings:
    +1,431 / 161 / -243
    Kb and his veteran opinion strikes again!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Stavio_98
  8. DumouIin

DumouIin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dumoulin_65#1593
    Ratings:
    +81 / 2 / -2
    im sad

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    In Diamond Dynasty
    dumoulin_
  9. CasualPlayar

CasualPlayar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 1 / -0
    I feel ya dumo

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    I think the Jayce as even a maybe a ugly contract is just stupid lol guy was what 15 mill as a dman and is a proven top versus player I don’t think the switch will be a issue for the guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    chipyox
  11. Ducksfanwaterloo

Ducksfanwaterloo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65
    @Grindxr- is also with his Greek Democracy boys who will undoubtably hit 20 wins this season. I certainly don’t think it’s one of the worst contracts in bidding, Grinder is a fantastic player who has the ability to carry a line to wins

• Like Like x 4
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  12. CasualPlayar

CasualPlayar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 1 / -0
    No more nervous grinder this season it’s show time

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Lafontaine92

Lafontaine92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 6 / -25
    mattkiinnoo at 3.5mil

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Doc_Peep

Doc_Peep Good vibes only

Discord:
    Doc_Peep#6385
    Ratings:
    +495 / 23 / -53
    @Grindxr- is one of my favorite defenders. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

• Like Like x 1
    doc_marshmallow
  15. LaFleuR11

LaFleuR11 Terrible Defenseman

Ratings:
    +357 / 4 / -16
    Rip Dumo ahahahah

And for good contracts, what about @frostx27 being 500k

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    LaFleuRmax11
  16. Lach12

Lach12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -3
    @frostx27 best contract in bidding! Also no one has a similar name witch is good for that team!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    lach_12
  17. Fonsoman90

Fonsoman90 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Fonsoman90
  18. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    tbeat at 750k should be on steal list.

• Like Like x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    icallsowhat55
  19. Yeap_93

Yeap_93 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Yeap_93#6634
    Ratings:
    +116 / 5 / -25
    No Streaming Account
  20. prodigytolegend

prodigytolegend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1
    @Grindxr- is worth every penny of that contract, grown so much as a player and every time he touches the puck he makes something happen

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    prodigytolegend