S17 Bidding Date Change Discussion

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by NugeTV, Dec 24, 2013.

?

Do you support the date change for S17 Bidding

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. XioGSheppy

XioGSheppy The Hockey GShep

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -1
    He wasn't being serious <3

theshepoflg
  2. Xx kaylow xx

Xx kaylow xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think the only people this truly effects are the ones on vacations during the holidays and aren't getting a fair chance at scouting, or the players who arranged say there real life work schedules around the first published start who will be unavailable for a longer period now because of situations. Virtual hockey leagues are meant as an activity not a life style and I don't think its fair to push it up two weeks without the leagues opinion and a vote by what would be a formal "players association." I agree that the signup numbers will not be an issue no matter when the start date but the number of forced retirements because of previous real life commitments could play a factor into sign up numbers and could really restrict the success of this season which is suppose to be great. So in turn if there is a high number of retirements even if its only 20-50 players (just to use an extreme example) you wont likely get that number back in the week of bidding and that takes 20-50 possibly great players out of the NHL or AHL levels and replaces those players with possibly mediocre players in the CHL on the late sign up rule. I am on board for whatever the league decides to do, but I don't think an extra two weeks would have hurt anything especially when there is absolutely no rush to get it started and now there is no other league competing with LG worth noting so the ball is really in the Admins court. Just some thoughts if yall feel the need to hate than hate not a big deal to me Thanks. :):hphi:

No Streaming Account
  3. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    [​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  4. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3
    Agree with a lot of you guys. I would like to see it moved up, but the league could be so much better, and really needs more people. Ik there will be blacklists, but idk if it's as strict asa the vhl bc i got blacklisted there for basically no reason at all. So in my opinion it could be a good, but mostly bad thing

No Streaming Account
  5. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    Scouting has been going on for a while now. I don't see how there hasn't been a fair chance at scouting. It will all work out fine, don't fret.

TheHeroicDuck
  6. Xx kaylow xx

Xx kaylow xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    late sign ups and unavailability because of real life complications could have been a couple issues with the scouting, and a person problem I have had have been times being pushed back by owners or being confirmed than unconfirmed what seems like last minute. I work graveyard shift 11pm-7am EST and so it seems in my experience I sign up for 4-5 o'clock games generally around the time I wake up and am either unconfirmed by that point or the time has been pushed back and I have plenty of time but some days I have to handle my life as well and I cant rely on confirms and unconfirms and scouting changing times once ive commited to a time and team to scout with and I am in no way innocent because I know a lot of players and myself included are making no shows and stuff a huge problem so I can see how owners and players are all trying to work together as best as possible but there is a certain level of "shit happens" as well. but I am not worried and I am sure it will work out fine, I just wish I had more of a time to scout and get my name out there rather than be disappointed by being placed in a chl league for no exposure

No Streaming Account
  7. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    I'm honestly disappointed that bidding was moved up. I won't be able to play until the 5th so I cant get any of them big scouting games in. Looks like some team will have to gamble on me as a dman

Keso_Paghuni
  8. xRoamingxRoninx

xRoamingxRoninx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -6
    Thats just when bidding start it will be on for a few days scout on the fifth....

Dalilaama
  9. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    All it takes is one scouting game to impress management. And if you do, they will most likely let you know.

TheHeroicDuck
  10. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    I just want to play so the fact is, people will try to fly under the radar and change tags while signing up late, regardless of when we start these things are going to happen so why do we really give a fuck about the start date.

CoachCrass
  11. mfricha-

mfricha- Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,032 / 8 / -44
    Welp, you just ignored the whole thread for this post, didn't you?

No Streaming Account
  12. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    Two weeks of scouting will be taken away. That's obviously an issue for mgmt as well as players.

The commish office continues to make crucial decisions without getting sufficient input from the players. Yet again, a poll is posted AFTER a major ruling has been announced.

Meanwhile, the Players Association campaign/election still hasn't begun. The nominees haven't even been announced yet.

brandovedo
  13. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    If they didn't get Ownership's input about this (which is a much easier process as we both know), then why would we think that a player poll would have even been discussed prior to moving a date.

We don't even know if the PA will have information shared with them about plans prior to be able to best represent the players, basically a lot of this information will be something we can't get answered until people actually take the office.

Then again w/o electing someone who is basically willing to take all the shit from staff for butting heads and giving the players best interests the position loses its validity as well.

Sevv_09
  14. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    ╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a strong black man ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no job ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

No Streaming Account
  15. G0gel

G0gel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 0 / -0
    I miss the days where I could read, "I can't wait for this season to start!" conversations, and now they are this?

CMON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  16. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Nope the point was made that we won't have the population needed which is a "what if" and if we get to that point it will be further delayed. There's no point in crying a river about, The estimation has been made that we will meet the quota so if we don't they will obviously have the option to further change the date it's not set in stone. To continue with what i was saying, there are bigger character flaws that need to be addressed with how the bidding goes about.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    CoachCrass