S26 AGM

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Dec 28, 2016.

?

Should there be a 5M AGM OPTION for s26

1. Yes

69.2%
  2. No

30.8%
  1. Pure Pone

Pure Pone REALEST MAN

Discord:
    purepone#0
    Ratings:
    +409 / 1 / -7
    Or, you can look at it that new owners WONT take an AGM because clearly those players wont join them.

My point being, you can look at it in all different directions, but to get rid of AGM IMO is not the best move for the league and for the reasons I stated prior excluding our friendly debate points.

To further point out, that means half of the league is good and half is bad, which based on standings is generally true. That makes it so half the NHL level players no show/quit or what have you and its more prevalent than ever because the game sucks.

You probably know more than me, for I unfortunately dont have the time nowadays to be so involved like I used to be, but one thing I notice is that we have too many losing record teams and especially with such a bad record. That needs to be fixed so that way the league maintains its fun approach.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    Nobody NEEDS an AGM! Give it a rest.

• Creative Creative x 1
    Williamsx12x
  3. act1veD

act1veD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +531 / 5 / -6
    Holy fuck, @Tris10. Will you make the "Novel" rating already? I need it for this post.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    Appreciate the work Lou dog, but it's a pretty cut and dry scenario. Having an elite player at AGM is an advantage, there's no two ways around it.

If it fosters better owners, then it is worth doing, I guess. But chances are, anyone that was a staunch advocate of having an AGM knew that it was highly beneficial to them because they were getting a player much cheaper than they would've gone in bidding.

I do think if we continue to use it there should be more calculations put into the salary of the AGM. For instance, if the AGM is a goalie, you average the top 5 goalie salaries and come up with an AGM salary. And vice versa for forwards and defenders.

• Winner Winner x 5
    BLicK1252
  5. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    All I got out of this is that @FR0BE 8 sucks

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    No one should go higher then 6,5 or 7M with a 35M cap i don't care how good you are nobody is worth 8 to 10 M that when team get screwed up to make trade or move that player people need to realize that if you see a guy you want in bidding go for to much move on someone else and get that player true a trade better then spending 1/3 of your cap for 1 guy.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  7. Jesusst1ck

Jesusst1ck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 26 / -19
    LOLOL!

No Streaming Account
  8. Chum lLee

Chum lLee Chum lLee

Ratings:
    +558 / 4 / -25

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Blindzy2149

Blindzy2149 :) Im back

Discord:
    blindzy2149#0
    Ratings:
    +146 / 27 / -61
    if there are 16 playoff teams and as you said:

9 Accurately Priced AGMs (7 made playoffs)
    9 Bargain AGMs (8 made playoffs)

NO AGM
    7 TEAMs
    2 playoff teams

7+8+2=17 so one of these has to be incorrect just thought i would mention it:) no worries though. interesting read.

I think giving teams the choice to have 3 players off the get go is a bad idea. Because teams aren't going to get players that help manage the team for 5 mil, more likely they are going to try to grab players that are top tier players taking the bidding process out so they don't have to pay as much for the top players in the league. Its similar to the NJ devils signing kovalchuk for 13.5 mil he brings fans puts up points, but it hinders the team. If people where smart they would bid on a certain player to a cap hit that is worth it and move on to other players when it goes above what you think they are worth. Leaguegaming is suppose to be competitive and i think the main problem is teams finding loop holes to make all-star teams. Kills the vibe of competitiveness. I believe players that quit for being on weaker teams should be severely limited in there returns to the league. I have been on many weak teams called up to teams cause there so called NHL caliber players quit when the season wasn't going well. That is just a show of there character and i think there should be more done about it then already exists. If everyone who ends up on a losing team quits then there is only one team left and then what have they really won. Since only one team can win in a season. The point should be to work on your team and work with your team help the league get better and maybe try to make adjustments to your line or give suggestions to your management to improve things. building chemistry and trying to get games in with your line mates usually helps. If league gaming is just so you and a couple buddies can beat on a team of players who dont play together every year then that's fine and you will lose people over time just from frustration of watching the same thing each season.

You should be able to give a player AGM status after bidding if they show they are going to be helpful in management though.

anyway that went on and on sorry just thought i would throw my opinion out there. thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts :)

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Dr Yargage

Dr Yargage Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    Bottom line, AGM makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Anyone who felt they were overpaid in bidding, the AGM position is why.

AGM is favored by veteran owners because they know it gives them a competitive advantage.

Raise the AGM price to 10M and see how many people would like that.

The only reason people like the AGM is because they feel like it gives them a competitive advantage.

We removed the AGM position for a reason when we merged over. This battle was already fought before

• Like Like x 5
    dryargage
  11. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Preselected AGM is not the reason bidding is ugly. The bidding prices have been the same with or without the AGM. Actually the highest bids placed were in S23 and there was no paid AGM.

The preselected AGM serves a greater purpose that you are not seeing.

No Streaming Account
  12. Dr Yargage

Dr Yargage Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    It takes 30 top players out of bidding. It affects bidding.

• Like Like x 2
    dryargage
  13. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Would a tiered system work? For example: tier 1 AGM - $7m, tier 2 - $5m, tier 3 - $3m.

This would allow newer owners that aren't friends with elite players to have slightly more bidding power and possibly balance the league a bit more.

Not sure how the tiers would be determined - maybe past few seasons contract average or have a small committee rank them. Just a thought.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. BWZinc

BWZinc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Zinc#5455
    Ratings:
    +653 / 81 / -59
    There wasn't even 30 agm taken before bidding and 75% of the guys that took agm wouldn't have even played this season.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BacKLuND x 22

BacKLuND x 22 FA RD #7

Ratings:
    +775 / 63 / -45
    30 people didn't take the 5m agm, and most people who took agm only signed up to play if there was an agm. More pros than cons.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  16. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Exactly what Zinc said. You're barely adding anyone to bidding. If anything you are going to make bidding worse my taking AGM out. You think bidding will be better with less players and giving more money to spend? No way.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer isn't entirely accurate either. The BEST team this regular season was a direct result of a paid AGM. Rookie owner from STL would not have the GM or as dominate team without the paid AGM. So the poor can benefit greatly.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  17. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    I really dont care either way but obv the prepriced agm helps teams with the higher level talent at agm and those players will pick the perennial upper teams. Everyone knows who they are, its really that simple, if you keep it up the price to help the teams that high priced players wont go to. Make it a slight discount but not drastic.

Everyone complains because players want to play with there buddies but that happens even in real life. This league is about fun and competitive balance. People will bitch regardless and people will always wanna play with their friends.

I also would like to see how fast Loubama can type

No Streaming Account
  18. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    An AGM (or not having an AGM) is not why your team did (or didn't) make the playoffs. If you missed, it's because your team fucking sucked and an AGM (or your extra 5m) wouldn't solve a thing. It's an option that some owners choose to use, some don't. One player really isn't going to make or break a team.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
  19. Tayyyzzzz

Tayyyzzzz @TayyyzzzzNHL

Discord:
    tayyyzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +1,129 / 117 / -116
    And probably about half of those guys wouldn't have played if they weren't on management, and the other portion of them more than likely would be extremely overpaid just like most of the bidding class, so it doesn't really effect biddingg at all. Just adding more overpaid guys.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Wadden l32l

Wadden l32l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 6 / -23
    Here we see a hero among men in his natural habitat

wadden32