S26 AGM

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by SweeT 9 LoU 84, Dec 28, 2016.

?

Should there be a 5M AGM OPTION for s26

1. Yes

69.2%
  2. No

30.8%
  1. Aces x65

Aces x65 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 2 / -6
    @SweeT 9 LoU 84 you're such an over achiever. You were probably that kid in school that would write a 10 page paper when teacher only asked for 3

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. KEAPPS

KEAPPS Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 11 / -32
    You forget I'm Detroit's agm? Or am I just chopped liver. Sheesh

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    You were appointed gm not assigned a 5M price tag, there all we were looking at here was the 5M guys and then if/how it inflated salaries in bidding and how the teams with/without the 5M AGM did

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    SweeT9LoU84
  4. Dr Yargage

Dr Yargage Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33

So we have to accomodate the top 1% of players in LG who wont play unless they can be stuck on a team with their friends?

If you want to get the right to bypass bidding, you have to take MGMT.

This battle has already been fought in VHL and was kept in the merger.

The AGM was removed to force players who did nothing into bidding to give more pariety to the league and to improve bidding.

Everyone alludes to the toxicity of the NHL community and this is the crown of it.

"I dont want to play for some shitter and go for 7M or more in bidding but at the same time I dont want to take owner or GM and do work so create some 5M predefined salary for me so me and my friends can shit stomp the plebs"

Also it does affect bidding. Just now instead of the top player going for more the 2nd teir guys get screwed and go for more than they should.

The reason their is so much kick back as far as removing AGM is because people know it gives them a competitive advantage.

If the AGM price was 10m you would hear nearly as many people bitching

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    dryargage
  5. BWZinc

BWZinc Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Zinc#5455
    Ratings:
    +653 / 81 / -59
    Why are you against it so much?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zero Choice

Zero Choice Old washed up goalie

Discord:
    zerochoice#0
    Ratings:
    +383 / 31 / -23
    Ritchie was our 5m AGM until Denham quit

Zero_Choice
  7. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Youre out of the loop on this one.

No Streaming Account
  8. Dr Yargage

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    How am I out of the loop on this one?

Why don't you explain how this is good for the health of the league instead of benifiting the elite few?

This issue is all about competitive advantage and you know it.

Get off your high horse.

dryargage
  9. Dr Yargage

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    Health of the league.

This was removed to improve the Owner and GM pool and to improve bidding.

People forget there was an overwhelming support to remove the AGM spot before and keep it removed when we merged.

dryargage
  10. Dr Yargage

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    Just so we are transparent lets see why kbsmith wants the AGM to stay.

First off, KB is the owner of WPG. He runs the team even though he isnt MGMT.

He wants any type of competitive advantage he can get so he will stay in control of the team while resigning himself.

Anyone "In the loop" knows this.

His AGM went for 10.25M in S24 and quit after 9 games.

He wouldn't have the team he has now if there wasn't the paid AGM and he knows it.

This is your advocate. Someone who benefits greatly.

Anyone who has a brain knows the circuvention of bidding via the paid AGM hurts the bidding pool and also the pool of owners and GMs.

It is not good for the league and for these very same reasons it is why it was removed before.

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    dryargage
  11. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Didn't you want Trump in the election?

LG_Voracek
  12. BacKLuND x 22

BacKLuND x 22 FA RD #7

Ratings:
    +775 / 63 / -45
    You used the AGM also, if you remove the AGM I guarantee 30 people don't play anymore. Dedicated Owners leave, it will be a shit show. There are more pros than cons. Just stop

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Just read what people have already said to you.

- Repeat, you are not adding to the bidding pool by getting rid of the AGM
    - Repeat, you add more players with the AGM who wouldn't even sign up thus making a lot of teams more competitive
    - Repeat, you add more owners who wouldn't own a team without a paid AGM.
    - Repeat, paid AGM can help new owners as well

It's honestly none of you business what I do as a player. If I want to help out my MGT by doing a lot of the dirty work for them then I can. If anything, I would encourage more players to help out their MGT like I do. Makes running a team even more smoothly. Maybe if you had someone like me you wouldn't be so tense.

You also proved our point. MVP went for an overpaid 10 mil to a bad team and quit. This is what happens to MOST teams and good players when the go to bidding. So now, instead of not signing up, MVP took paid AGM at 5 mil. He is at a perfect price, we are all friends and no one has quit. Again, the AGM working in a positive way

Listen, this league isn't unicorns and rainbows like you want it to be. If you think getting rid of AGM is going to make bidding more competitive and "poorer" teams more competitive then yes, you are out of the loop. Weve already smashed your theorys about AGM.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. Gulash l4l

Gulash l4l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gulash#0239
    Ratings:
    +560 / 80 / -95
    I wouldnt say you "smashed" them but you made good points but we dont have the talent coming back to have a great bidding pool and teams with good agm we need to pick on or the other

• Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    Not taking a side but I'm lost. If Kb is not management how does he run the team. Does that mean he knows who's on trade block, waviers, etc. Does he have authority to input stats? What exactly is he managing? Idk if any rules but any team doing this are broken or not. I just assumed only management had trade block, waviers information along with input of stats. Regardless if a pre bidding agm is around or not. Shouldn't all management have to do management tasks? Otherwise you might as well just call it a 5 Million Dollar franchise tag then assign a agm to someone else.

• Like Like x 2
    selke1
  16. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    Add a 7 mil franchise tag player, and agm assigned to anyone on team post bidding

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    It's a 2 sided sword. Some of the players that might go back into the pool if won by a team they don't like simply won't play or intentionally play like trash waiting to get traded. A great deal of the higher end talent simply don't play whatever hand they are dealt and that leads to people quitting then the lower leagues lose people and it becomes a vicious cycle of trying to limp thru the season for some.

It's simply people lacking integrity to the league is what it mostly is. Either way the league will lose some talent.

• Like Like x 1
    Rhapsodical
  18. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    I'm not sure how I wasn't on your shit list but I think the solution to this problem is keeping AGM but raising the salary to 6.5 million.

I'm surprised nobody is questioning Lou's motive of, you know, being able to retain the same 60% of his roster year to year... ;-)

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  19. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Valid points be ALOT has to be considered here since so much has changed
    • Overwhelming support? No it was like less than 60 supported it.
    • When we merged there was a fresh new feeling about the league that drew in a talent pool we haven't seen since S18.
    • The 30 owners selected were close to the top tier owners we have ever seen.
    To argue the bidding pool gets better without a predetermined AGM means a person is assuming that all of those AGM players would sign up to go to bidding. That very same assumption is made if you are saying the owners get better without.

Players like @Fostxr @mR Hit DaT would never go to bidding and wouldn't ever take an ownership role.... by having their teams select them prior to bidding that made TOR and BUF head to bidding with five million less in cap than team like DET whom went to bidding without the five million dollar AGM.

By having a preset AGM that is optional makes owners decide on what direction they are heading prior to bidding. The old system turned bidding into an all out war since it was the ONLY way to get a player whom wasn't an owner or GM on your roster. As the game changed and issues continued to arise less and less players played the game and joined the league which made bidding worse and worse.

Thereby one can argue a preset AGM allows talented players to return to the league a price. That price automatically reduces the options his or her team has going
    Into bidding.

At the same time saying a player like @Fostxr would go for 10 million in bidding therefore this AGM system is flawed is completely irrelevant because he wouldn't ever go back to bidding anyways...

This system adds compromise and will allow us to maintain a certain level of competition in the NHL. If someone wants to argue guys like SJU need to go to bidding so be it. But the reality is he won't... do if we head down a road f no preset AGM, and guys like soccer don't head to bidding, we are just going to end up with extremely inflated prices since teams will have extra cap since they didn't burn the price tag for an AGM. Less cap to spend results in less inflated prices.

Right now from my perspective the direction we are going for S26 is:
    • 6 million dollar AGM in the NHL, with the option to take a cheaper roster player as AGM or go to bidding with no AGM
    • GM, AGM preselected in the AHL. With the option to add an AAGM from your roster prior to or after AHL bidding. The AAGM will carry whatever salary they have for S26.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    All of your arguments hinge COMPLETELY off the assumption all 30 preselected AGMs would take an ownership or management role OR head to S26 bidding

So if NONE of those players or a very very select few do, that doesn't change the talent for the better, it doesn't make bidding any better and it doesn't help me select better owners

LeagueGamingOfficial