Media [S28] Week 6 Power Rankings (T5/B5)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Nov 23, 2017.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Week 6 is over and that means it's trade deadline time. There have been a few shakeups already and I am sure we may have some more trades go down before Sunday's games. I hope all my fellow Americans are having a great Thanksgiving. And to all of you from Canada....happy Thursday. Not much change this week, but grab some popcorn and read it anyways. :popcorn:

TOP 5

1. :team307: Manitoba Moose (OVR 44-7-3 -- W6 8-0-1) - 91 pts

And they're back once again atop my Power Rankings. @Im4thLineWorthy has proven yet again that he can build a team that can capture the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy. For those of you who don't know, this trophy is given to the team with the best overall record at the end of the season. 4thLine has won this trophy in two consecutive seasons now. The only loss for this team in week 6 came against Springfield in OT o_O. They did however take down the Stockton Heat in a match-up that had a lot of fire between both teams. If it was IRL, I think we would have had some blood shed. Manitoba gets a nice divisional game against Cleveland next week along with another battle against Stockton. They went 3 overtimes this past week, but I have a feeling their upcoming game will be a different story. We will see what lines get thrown out for this one.

2. :team516: Stockton Heat (OVR 41-11-2 -- W6 6-2-1) - 84 pts

To be honest, Stockton didn't have much weight in wins this week. But they won enough games and have a good lead on other teams that will show up in the Top 5. Their best win was against Utica who is second in their division with 65 pts. The Heat lost this week to the Laval Rocket, Rochester Americans, and the above mentioned, Manitoba Moose. @Granpapuff420 is still doing his thing in net and even with a couple losses this week, his SV% sits at a pretty 85.6 with a 1.51 GAA. He is marking his territory in the race for the Bastien Memorial Award. For those who are incompetent, that award is the best goaltender. In regards to the rest of the team, scoring is not an issue as they are the 3rd highest scoring team in the league. I am cautious about the defense though down the stretch. For now though, they're doing fine.

3. :team518: San Diego Gulls (OVR 35-14-5 -- W6 7-2-0) - 75 pts

The Gulls have had a good time since week 3. They've put together winning weeks and now end up back in the Power Rankings. This week saw them sandwich 7 wins between losses in the first and last game of the week. San Diego had 3 notable wins in my opinion this week. Those wins came against Laval, Utica, and Rochester. Those three teams are atop the Eastern North division. I believe the two big factors in this teams recent success is the play of their goalies, @LAZYKIDZinGA & @xx BROWN xx31. Their numbers won't jump off the board at you, but they are doing what needs to be done. The defense is also putting up some nice numbers when it comes to points. Any secondary scoring efforts on the back end is always helpful to a team.

4. :team317: Cleveland Monsters (OVR 35-14-5 -- W6 7-1-1) - 75 pts

Monster bounce back week from this team. Last week was terrible for this team. And it's rare for the players on this team to have those sort of weeks. This week was back to normal as they captured some wins against the Eastern Atlantic. Their losses came to Hartford & Providence. I did notice that the d-pairings in those games was @swarf and @Regs84 who are recent additions to the Cleveland Monsters. Let's let them get used to their surroundings before critiquing their play. I feel a very underrated move that some may have not noticed was the demotion of @Larsbone x605 from the Blue Jackets. He is a very solid goalie and helps out the Monsters in a big way. I believe this team has a great chance at another 7+ win week coming up.

5. :team778: Laval Rocket (OVR 33-17-4 -- W6 7-1-1) - 70 pts

This one here is a surprise. I was picking between Laval and two other teams (Ontario / Wilkes-Barre). What made me go with the Rocket was that I just liked their wins more. Ontario and Wilkes-Barre also lost to Toronto. If it wasn't for a bad week 4 by this team, we may have seem them in the Top 5 sooner. This past week, Laval secured big wins against Ontario & Stockton. The two losses came against San Diego and a 3 OT thriller against San Jose. The Rocket are mainly known for their one line that includes @rG Breezyy & @Lorenzo x 24 who are tied for 3rd in the league in scoring with 62 pts each. If they both keep up this pace, we may see them both reach the 100 pt mark this season. Laval takes their first place record into a very friendly week 7 schedule. Two games against Utica & Rochester should be their hardest of the week.

BOTTOM 5

27. :team390: Milwaukee Admirals (OVR 18-30-4 -- W6 3-4-1) - 40 pts

There is no score for their Springfield game, but they still make their way back into the Bottom 5 for this week. You beat Hartford & Providence this week, but Hartford's wins against Cleveland, Rochester, & Chicago kept them out of this spot.

28. :team298: Toronto Marlies (OVR 15-34-5 -- W6 5-4-0) - 35 pts

The losing streak is over!!! Congrats to you guys. And on top of ending the streak, you pulled off a winning record on the week. You even beat Wilkes-Barre, Ontario, and San Jose. Those are all quality wins. Good job Marlies!

29. :team777: Belleville Senators (OVR 16-31-6 -- W6 0-7-1) - 38 pts

No score has been reported between the Senators and Checkers so we have to go with what is given to me. And what was given was dog shit in a bag that was lit on fire. You guys were on your way out of the Bottom 5 only to lose every game. :facepalm:

30. :team618: Tucson Roadrunners (OVR 10-40-4 -- W6 2-6-1) - 24 pts

Woah you guys managed to get 2 wins in a week. You also had a respectable effort against the Stockton Heat when you lost in OT. @NotoriousFAT 00 I'm pretty sure you're Canadian, but since it's Thanksgiving, I'm giving you a turkey leg for putting together your teams best week since week 2.

31. :team393: Charlotte Checkers (OVR 8-40-6 -- W6 1-6-1) - 22 pts

Again no score reported for your Senators game, but you did play some close games this week. Your win came against the Iowa Wild who had a 7 win week in week 5. But you still haven't managed to win 10 games this season and that's just awful.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Dragszerman

Dragszerman Uhhhh

Discord:
    dragszerman#0
    Ratings:
    +530 / 65 / -94
    Dragsx95
  3. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,753 / 76 / -125
    turkey.jpg
    Mmmmm.... Turkey my favorite! Pass the gravy please.

notoriousfat00
  4. rG Breezyy

rG Breezyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    rG Breezyy#8594
    Ratings:
    +121 / 16 / -14
    WE MADE IT

• Like Like x 2
    Breezyy16
  5. Tolvanen l11l

Tolvanen l11l 78 Overall Fringe Starter