Media s29 East North - post bidding review

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by IlFox, Feb 12, 2018.

1. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    As promised to my follow up of my pre-bidding management/assets post. These will mimic my other post putting teams into three “tiers”: playoff bound, playoff contenders, bottom feeders. As per usual I’ll try my best to stay as unbiased as possible.

East North

Playoff bound:

Binghamton Devils:team305:: These guys looked great pre-bidding and of course shaped up quite nicely. I had mentioned in my pre-bidding that I was slightly concerned about them needing 5 defenders in what was likely going to be a rough bidding. While they managed to get a stud in @xWallyMacx at a respectable 5.75M, they opted for @Facialize and @Cydonian Knight at a combined 2.5M which are both making the transition from forward to defense this season. Always risky taking someone who switches position, but my guess is they aren’t strangers to it and play defense a fair bit in club, either way it should be interesting to see how this D core performs this season. Rounding out the back end they bring back @iReeva who despite his numbers, had a stellar season for the Devils in s28. I recall many times having the Devils praise him in the chatbox. Lastly, their forwards. It’s no shocker adding @im just a squid on a free contract is a fantastic move, he put up a great 96pt season where we saw him pot 59 goals. I don’t know how their lines will stack up, presumably we will see @I Am Wonger , @Sanctifiy , and @Deebo l13l who had a fantastic s28 together, so it remains to be seen where Squid will line up with the rest of the guys. I was also given some insider information saying we could likely see two DP’s moving up so I don’t know where exactly these guys will slot in. All in all, this team will be one to watch in the East.

Utica Comets:team410:: This team didn’t have much to do in bidding, they already had 7/9 FWD’s and 3/6 DEF’s on the squad, none the less they did very well in bidding. In a “weak” C class, they picked up a good center in @StealthElementz for 500k, perhaps people were concerned with his s28 being in the CHL, not sure, but seems like a great pick up to round out a solid trio down the middle with @l Mackie l and @Joonetic . And of course, putting up 87pts last season, which is 23 more than his previous highest, one of the real questions as far as success for Utica will be can @LG McDonald do it again? This team seems like they have some good depth regardless and should be able to take on the extra work if he doesn’t. While they did a good job replacing Ricky by signing @Tatar l21l , I think they are putting a lot of faith in a, for the lack of a better expression, no named defense. Only time will tell if the guys on the blue line are ready to step up and make a bigger name for themselves. Regardless, this team should be in the playoffs no problem.

Syracuse Crunch:team309:: @Mees Top Cheese and @Eagles9412 put together a pretty well rounded team. They already had quite a few defenders pre-bidding but went in on a few extra and splashed 9.5M on @Ch3ster Cheeto (3.5M) and @ButtaBorborygmi (6M). They have a couple able defenders in the TC at their disposal, it will be interesting to see what their final 6 will look like. They also added @xx BROWN xx31 , who I’ve been informed is the “most winningest goalie” in the AHL. You really can’t go wrong with 426 AHL games of experience. He should have no problem this season as the Crunch look very good on the blue line. As for the forwards they did pretty good in bidding, managed to pick up a few players on cheap contracts - @SlingingBear178 (Scub Swede) for 500k, @SuperTom111 at 500k, which allowed them to go big on their D core. This crop of veteran forwards should have no problem supporting their defense as they’ve got 7/9 that have 125+ GP in the AHL alone, with 5 out of that 7 having 200+ GP in the AHL.

Playoff contenders:

Belleville Senators:team777:: Going to start off by addressing something, what the hell is neatway? Going to abbreviate you guys as NW##. Regardless, @NeatWay00 and @NeatWay35 get a nod for playoff contenders because I think they have a pretty good first line. While I haven’t seen NW00 play in NHL18, there is no denying he had some pretty good thumbs in 17. He and NW35 bring along their Chicoutimi buddies up to the AHL to see how they stack up. I am not convinced the rest of their friends are as good as the two NW, but they do make up for that with the chemistry they have. Alongside their crew, they picked up a couple veterans in @GonzoArmstrong and @loSmokeol which make their defense look pretty darn good alongside NW35 and the rest of the guys. Last but not least, it does need to be mentioned that he did bring up a good chunk of CHL guys which usually isn’t a recipe for success. However if he’s got the rid amount of veterans and chemistry amongst them all, this team should be alright. Bonus for them is that there is no expectations to meet, so they can relax and play their game… Or maybe I just ruined that for them? Sorry boys.

Bottom Feeders:

Rochester Americans:team312:: Saw a lot of RIPs in the chat surrounding this Rochester team as players were getting sent there. Truthfully I almost put these guys in the playoff contenders, but it’s hard to ignore that @oNo RuThLesS and @Tricky l13l haven’t seen the playoffs in three seasons as management together. This is another one I think have some good players/contracts on this roster and are potentially only a few trades away from being a playoff contender. The biggest question is their offense as in my opinion they have no stand out first line. They will need some of these guys to step up and put together some solid seasons. They have a pretty decently rounded defensive core, but they will need a lot out of their veterans in @an angrycricket and @CM xBlackmagic . @Neil x 25 and @Large8876 will also need to step up and have some career years if this Rochester team is to have a chance. With that being said, the boys on the blue line will have some great support behind them with a fantastic goalie tandem. Both @Slippery In Net and @AngryFawn368505 are fantastic goalies and should be a big help in a season where their team are seen as underdogs.

Laval Rockets:team778:: I had these guys as playoff contenders in my pre-bidding post, and unfortunately I don’t think bidding went great for these guys. @Provorov x 9 , @N i n o 27x , and @WaRRioR l19l will need to have a solid season here as the other three defenders they have are three 500k guys who are fairly unproven. While they have a decent goalie tandem, that 3M on @UT75035 is painful, he will no doubt be happy to shed that contract and get something reasonable next season. There forwards are what need the most improvement in my opinion. While I acknowledge that they have some decent guys, they really don’t have a standout 1st line. Presumably it will shape up as @Papa Adams , @mweiner37 , and @joethewall35 , but these guys will need to prove they can replicate their success from the Oil Kings together up in the AHL. @dooglare will probably slot in between the Brown brothers and form their 2nd line. All in all, I can see potential in this team, just a matter of whether or not they can achieve it.

Toronto Marlies:team298:: Started off so good picking up @xMathQc for 500k, then the rest just didn’t follow through. They will be able to put together a couple decent lines, but I feel the talent drops off quickly. I don’t have a lot to say about their defense, I think @LAZYKIDZinGA is going to have a rough season. It’s only my opinion, but I think changes need to be made quickly to give themselves a chance. Their saving grace is that this is shaping up to be the weaker division in the AHL which may buy them a bit more time to figure things out. I don’t know guys, am I missing something here? Some enlighten me if I am missing something obvious about this roster.

Best of luck to all teams in the North

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    Thanks for this writeup. I barely know anyone down here so was wondering how the teams all stacked up

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  3. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Zlatan Matic

Zlatan Matic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +382 / 194 / -88
    Liar !

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Nero_1415

Nero_1415 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Hel#6006
    Ratings:
    +157 / 17 / -21
    Nice realist write up Fox keep it up bud!!

• Like Like x 3
    resolutenino
  6. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    I know the Heat because I met all of you last season when I owned Calgary :p. My knowledge of the rest of the AHL is pretty thin or nonexistent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Zlatan Matic

Zlatan Matic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +382 / 194 / -88
    Haha I know ! Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet in some games this year Gonzo. Should be fun

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. UT75035

UT75035 PSN CHL Scrub

Ratings:
    +371 / 10 / -23
    Fox you are certainly right, I can't wait to shed this contract and see where I end up. I do see a lot of potential in Laval, and I think we will turn a few heads

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  9. Dev Tricky

Dev Tricky Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dev Tricky#0865
    Ratings:
    +39 / 8 / -6
    @IlFox

Actually we’ve made playoffs one out of 3 seasons as management and the marlies S24 we were only 2 points out of playoffs, the SYR seasons were as players. We’ve only built one bottem feeding team before

• Like Like x 1
    Dev_Tricky
  10. IIx OMARK xII

IIx OMARK xII Well-Known Member

Discord:
    iixomarkxii#0
    Ratings:
    +163 / 9 / -23
    Good read. Thanks for taking the time!

• Like Like x 2
    IIxOmarkxII
  11. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    My bad, I was referring to your last 3 seasons. Which you did manage 2 out of 3. Overlooked that you didn't in s27. The overall point still remains though. Good luck to you guys either way, I think you've got a decent roster as I mentioned.

No Streaming Account
  12. Dev Tricky

Dev Tricky Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dev Tricky#0865
    Ratings:
    +39 / 8 / -6
    Understandable which S28 on Syracuse Ruthless tried to take AGM mid season, but @ItzMoj gave him zero permission to do any trades anything to help the team, so he did take Management, but had zero power over the team

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dev_Tricky
  13. ChiToWnB3atD0wN

ChiToWnB3atD0wN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633 / 6 / -14
    Really well done, @IlFox. Thanks for the solid content.

• Like Like x 1
    chitownb3atd0wn
  14. Johnny Sadds

Johnny Sadds Well-Known Member

Discord:
    johnnysadds#0
    Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -3
    Good read as always :p

• Like Like x 1
    Sadlysadds
  15. l Magic l 12 l

l Magic l 12 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 110 / -119
    Thanks fox ya lol our chl guys are the chemistry line lmao

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. kjm007

kjm007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate the write up, nice to learn about the division I'll be in. And how about Utica's no name defense

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  17. CTRAlN 15

CTRAlN 15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +671 / 142 / -106
    Fox just egoed our whole defence

• Like Like x 2
    ctrain2002
  18. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    That's never my intention with these, I try to stay as respectful as possible while still giving my opinion based off of stats and personal experience in club.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    Great write up @IlFox . Just a heads up Squid, Sanc, and Deebo are all buddies outside of league so they will be a line together more than likely.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    HowieDoo
  20. MJ23 x Cash

MJ23 x Cash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +252 / 103 / -114
    Yea you forgot to mention how bad I am @IlFox

• Like Like x 1
    branden2197