Media S30 Atlantic Preseason Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 3, 2018.

1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    TL;DR
    Atlantic: 1 :team20: 2 :team10: 3 :team5: 4 :team18: 5 :team1: 6 :team21: 7 :team2: 8 :team23:

Next Article: Central Division on June 5th at 8 PM

Previous article: https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s30-metropolitan-preseason-rankings.274247/

Disclaimer: This division was extremely tough to rank and seems like a bit of a toss up; whatever team gels together better may just finish at the top. I'd fully expect my predictions to be completely wrong and you should, too.

The Atlantic Division

1. :team20: Ottawa Senators

Notable: Returning players

Forwards: The Sens have a lot of returning talent; owner @ScaryJoeyy is back with @Iebren @Girgss and @donnybrah . Add @Boany to the @Iebren line and @Axey19 and @Antonucci x 15 with @donnybrah and the Senators forward group looks as dangerous as last season.

Defense: The Norris winner @Pandaleupagus returns and a former Norris winner joins him in @Suter x 20 . So, the Sens have two-top pairing to go with what looks like a couple question marks on D. @JTRx91 had a great season in the AHL in S27 and @Attree x I33I had an average S26 in the NHL. @Ceeg87 and @Full_melt707 don't have really any LG stats to go on which means the Sens management probably knows more than I do.

Goalies:
    @CjC Cobras is getting paid starting goaltender money, and he should be able to improve on last season's stats. @GregxWhite should be a more than capable backup. The defense may have a few question marks, but there definitely aren't any at the goalie position.

Key Offseason Moves: Two key resigns in @Pandaleupagus and @donnybrah

Key Bids: @Suter x 20 for 6.5 million, @Boany for 2.5 million

Potential Steals: @Axey19 for 750k should be a great contract value-wise between his @Antonucci x 15 and @donnybrah

2. :team10: Detroit Red Wings

Notable: Forwards

Forwards:
    @cj142 @XxNash61xX @D Jay ll should be able to string together a lot of strong performances and a strong 2nd line of (I assume) @th4 x w4ll @Primetimme @The Gr8 Haxby leaves the Wings with arguably the most complete top 6 in the Atlantic. Then, CJ and Prime filled the 3rd with @Goostaav @SmiTTy x 12 and @The MainEvent which looks like a stellar 3rd line if they have any sort of chemistry.

Defense: This will definitely be Detroit's weakness. @Duggan and @BALLZY15 will be dependable, and @il REX li and @Bc bud024 have been serviceable especially on NHL 18. However, @stillalive06 is a question mark and @VVaGs82 has awful avail as he's said a few times. That being said, this d-corps could still surprise.

Goalies: @EgoKiller43 has a good track record and should be able to perform judging from his past two seasons playing 40+ games for the Avalanche both seasons. @JDoolus had some success on the Playstation side and shouldn't be relied on as much, so I'd expect him to put up some good numbers.

Key Offseason Moves: Bringing @Primetimme as GM was a big move, but Detroit also acquired @Goostaav @SmiTTy x 12 @BALLZY15 and @The MainEvent all for essentially picks. Also, a contract extension to bring back @D Jay ll

Key Bids: @Duggan for 7.5 million, @EgoKiller43 for 1.5 million

Potential Steals: @D Jay ll for 1.5 million could reach some career-highs during the summer season if he's playing with @cj142 and @XxNash61xX again. Most points in a season previously is 53.

3. :team5: Montreal Canadiens

Notable: Well-balanced

Forwards:
    Can't be quite sure of what the lines will look like, but my guess is @RaiN l 87 l @skyre5 @SouPerSaiyan and @Foote @Ethos Jinx @Tha Party Poopa will be their top 6 with a 3rd of @Skid Markie @Troak 25 and @l Lanctot l17l . Have to say that looks pretty good (as long as everyone meshes well) with some skill throughout each line. I see a couple of these guys grinding the game all the time which can only improve this team's chances.

Defense: Three guys making around 4 million in @Luusky @Luffy Qc and @trevwings as well as @GONGSH0W and @i BeLeaf x making around 2 should mean there will be some solid defense for every line. I think @i BeLeaf x is largely unproven, but that 2 million contract must mean some guys definitely wanted him. Someone is playing out of position here, I assume with @trevwings ; there might be some growing pains, but this could be a good top 4 for not a ton of money.

Goalie: @Big Wet May is coming off a sophomore slump of a season, though not entirely his own doing, and @Tex243 is 1.5 million and hasn't really ever been a starter. Both goalies are likely looking to perform better than they did last season and possibly outperform each other which is always good.

Key Offseason Moves: @Luffy Qc comes back from last season's trade, @Tha Party Poopa is acquired (and might even play the position he signed up for)

Key Bids: @Luusky for 4 million, @trevwings for 3.75 million, @Troak 25 for 4 million

Potential Steals: I was told @l Lanctot l17l might very well be the steal of bidding, so why not? He should have some decent pieces around him and for 500k even an average season would be good value.

4. :team18: Buffalo Sabres

Notable: Forwards

Forwards:
    Just about every forward on this team has been successful somewhere. @AgentSooksta008 comes back to Xbox, @NEMZER comes out of retirement, and some good contracts hold over in @x PAPI GONZALEZ and @xNazzy19x . @At43 grabbed his linemate @Hine 2 and grabs @Dork x22 for the top line. This team should definitely have some scoring on every line which should translate into wins.

Defense: @General Jobo (who led defensemen in goals in S29 with 10) @Trocity V and @Wayshee (what a gamertag) are back from last season, and I think will be more successful. @Dalilaama and @xD A L Y should be big contributors on the backend. Someone will likely have to play out of position, maybe @GENxRebel ? Not the scariest of d-corps by themselves, but placed with these forwards and it should be a good season for most of these players.

Goalies: Just 1.25 million for both goalies. @xCFx l GATOR l was a great pickup in the draft last season and should have better number, though he's no longer a backup behind @Perrilyzer1 , so I imagine we'll see a 5-4 split between himself and @conV Tipsy .

Key Offseason Moves: Contract extensions for both @General Jobo and @x PAPI GONZALEZ

Key Bids: @AgentSooksta008 for 6.25 million, @Dork x22 for 4.25 million, @Hine 2 for 3.25 million, @Wayshee for 3.5 million

Potential Steals: This is probably apparent from last season, but @xNazzy19x is on just a 500k contract and had 70 points last season. Anywhere close to that, and it'll be one of the best contracts this season as well.

5. :team1: Toronto Maple Leafs

Notable: ??? on Defense

Forwards:
    It's clear they have some skill on the wings with @Karmuh x 86 @Gladulov @xTheos l7l and @riorio56 who's fresh off his draft contract. Their depth wingers aren't too shabby either in @MarkyMeatball and @slammerama so the Leafs just need their centers to perform adequately it would seem. @Double_brah @Geno x I71I and @Josh55777 should be able to do that and hopefully more, and it's probably up to them where they fall on the depth chart. Probably the deepest forward group in the Atlantic.

Defense: This team definitely looks like they got a little cheap when it comes to their defense. Management got some friends when it comes to @I HDC I and @Fiber I21I so I'll assume they play on the same line. That leaves @James HetfieId @Taeezster 85 @Daigle x 97 and @Fireph03nix46 none of which have really proven they can play a top 4 role thus far.

Goalies: They didn't spend much on goalies either, but this looks like they made the most of it getting two solid options for tendy in @DirtyJerrz and @MNWebby who may face a decent amount of shots without some strong team defense. (and Jerz streams a lot which is always a plus)

Key Offseason Moves: A contract extension for @Josh55777 and acquiring @Geno x I71I from the Panthers let the Leafs focus on other areas in bidding rather than their Centers.

Key Bids: @xTheos l7l for 6.75 million, @Gladulov for 6 million, @DirtyJerrz for 1 million

Potential Steals: @slammerama probably won't be asked to do much more than create some offense for the 3rd line and if he reaches 40 points again like he has in past seasons this was a good pickup by the Leafs.

6. :team21: Tampa Bay Lightning

Notable: Well-rounded

Forwards:
    They have a couple guys with chemistry in @Der Panda71 (who hopefully has better avail than reported) and @justlax10 who has been an impact player since he was drafted. Then, there's the 2 time Rocket Richard winner in @lxl MLGesus lxl and some good depth players in @l Hobbs l and @x Horts . If they can spread some of the talent around here, and @T9 GaLaRnEaUx19 can elevate his game on one of the lower lines, this forward group looks good on all 3 lines which is essential for a summer season.

Defense: No one above 3.25 million, but this d-corps looks like their forwards with just 3 good d-pairs. @DUTCHLOVER44 @FUNGUSxAMONGUS and @Leclerc x 8 bring 3 pretty different playstyles to the left side, but are all extremely capable defensemen. Match that with @PARKINSON SNIPA @daveydonuts522 who have had good NHL careers so far and @loSmokeol who is hoping his S26/S27 AHL success will translate into plenty of wins on the 3rd pair.

Goalies: @shutthegate is pretty well known to slam the door shut, so no point in saying he's going to have some good numbers behind this d-corp. @JABB3R is a solid tendy especially for a backup, but Tampa is probably going to hope he occasionally boots up NHL to get some practice in.

Key Offseason Moves: The Lightning were very active grabbing @lxl MLGesus lxl and @daveydonuts522 through trades giving them two guys that would likely go higher in bidding. Acquired @T9 GaLaRnEaUx19 from the Blue Jackets. Also resigned @Leclerc x 8 for 1 million.

Key Bids: @Der Panda71 7.25 million, @justlax10 for 5.75 million, @FUNGUSxAMONGUS for 2.25 million, @DUTCHLOVER44 for 2 million, @shutthegate for 1.5 million

Potential Steals: One of @DUTCHLOVER44 or @FUNGUSxAMONGUS is going to be thrust into a top line role, and I think they'll more than manage especially if their forwards can pot a few each game. 2 million for a top pair guy that can perform is great value.

7. :team2: Boston Bruins

Notable: ??? on Forward

Forwards:
    Another team where I can't be sure of what the lines will be like or what (if any) call ups/send downs there will be. There's are a fair amount of guys like @JTavares l91l and @Saucin Pucks who may have had breakout seasons on other teams, but will be expected to carry the load here. @HazeeHype will be expected to perform better than last season with a 6mil price tag; I think he'll definitely have some talent to play with, though. @OrangeChickn and @Duky are some veteran players who have shown they can be successful, and I'd expect @Luzhayka @LADYxR3DxBUSH and @Gilbzey will be eager to turn success in lower leagues to NHL success. That being said, seems like there are just too many question marks to rank this forward group very high.

Defense: The d-corps is at the very least adequate with @Dannyy Briere and @Really Good Dad as the top 2 RDs, both off some pretty stellar seasons. The LDs aren't quite as good with the owner, @A Salty Sail0r and @brandonbramanti slotting in after @Pattelite (record for most wins in a single-season by a French born defenseman). If they get some good goal support, though, I could see the bottom four winning a fair amount of games.

Goalies: Total unknown here in @bmasker15 who has very little LG stats to go on, but it says he's a Dad in his LG profile so he can probably hold his own. The starter would appear to be @Buhcs (formerly Delosh) who has had two great seasons at goal and hopefully will be a steadying presence on the goal line.

Key Offseason Moves: @Bureee for GM, acquiring @JTavares l91l from Florida

Key Bids: @Dannyy Briere for 8.75 million, @HazeeHype for 6 million, @Pattelite for 3.75 million

Potential Steals: the success of this team is going to depend on if the forwards can grind it out and get some good chemistry with eachother, so the best value could potentially be from a few different guys such as @Gilbzey or @Luzhayka or @Saucin Pucks

8. :team23: Florida Panthers

Notable: ??? on Forward

Forwards:
    I think there may be some movement on this roster, so will be hard to predict. Two guys that obviously belong together in @sh4rpshooterrr and @Lethalsniper007 will clearly be filling the net based on their names. @X Brandon VI and @Breaky are the two with the most past success, but not many would have picked them to play on a team's top line in the offseason. Then, we have @MeisterEXPLODER @ll SiZZLe ll and @Kevn x 7 who look like depth players, but will probably be asked to step up which may end up being an issue for the Panthers.

Defense: The defense is interesting. They dropped big money (18.5 million) on 3 defensemen in @BlueLineKing7 @x Lafond and @Ballistik ICE . The Panthers front office seem to be hoping that @Dahlin x 8 and @THRA5HER5 can replicate the success their last rookie d-pair had in @iTz x Luigi x and @l T Nicholls l , but without as much talent in front of them. Regardless, the best defense likely still needs some goal support, and they just might not get enough.

Goalies: Another player jumping from the CHL to the N appears to be @keatsauce and it's anyone's guess how he will perform. @King Natzu had a strong performance last season, but the team defense may not be as good this season. He'll likely need to perform even better to give the Panthers a chance this season.

Key Offseason Moves: The Panthers made a ton of trades to acquire picks that ended up drafting three players that appear to be on Florida's opening day roster in @Jelly x 35 @THRA5HER5 and @Dahlin x 8

Key Bids:
    @BlueLineKing7 for 7.25 million, @x Lafond for 6.5 million, @Ballistik ICE for 4.75 million, @Breaky for 3.5 million

Potential Steals: @MeisterEXPLODER is one of those HUT guys (not versus, so no VGK bid) that plays the game a ton. If he can get some favorable matchups we could maybe see a little more of the talent that he was projected to have when he was drafted.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. JTRv91

JTRv91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrv91#0
    Ratings:
    +554 / 14 / -36
    Great write up, bro. Thanks for the mention.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    i don't own the record for must win has a born french dman in a season i don't think i do but i'm the first born french dman to finish 1st in win out of all dman in a single season it never been done by any other french born dman to finish first in wins in a season between all dman.

• Winner x 7
    • Get Good x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  4. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    Actually i just checked i tied DeceaseGoblin with the most wins has a born french dman in a season with 22 wins he did it twice i only did it once unless u guys can find another born french dman with more then 22 wins has a dman in a season then we would not both own that record.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Get Good x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    xspezzal19lx
  5. Big Wet May

Big Wet May Well Known Month

Ratings:
    +244 / 12 / -26
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    @goonderk thanks for taking the time to do this.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. Dreams FF

Dreams FF Free Dreams

Discord:
    dreams2x#0
    Ratings:
    +436 / 86 / -106
    Till June 5th. GoAvs

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    SAD!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    you crush these bro

• Like Like x 2
    greech11
  10. DirtyJerrz

DirtyJerrz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 12 / -28
    @goonderk Awesome write up as always, love reading these. Thanks for the mention too! <3

• Like Like x 1
    Dirty_Jerrz
  11. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +409 / 28 / -67
    Goon even uses the correct spelling of d-corps and not d-core, a rarity indeed. Good job.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Bullbreed333
  12. Vish x 91

Vish x 91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 26 / -32
    vish_b
  13. Drewl24l

Drewl24l Best Known Member

Discord:
    full_melt707#9603
    Ratings:
    +630 / 72 / -81
    #SensSzn

melt707
  14. Bureee

Bureee 80 ping buzzer

Discord:
    Bure#1998
    Ratings:
    +52 / 6 / -7
    Appreciate the write up, good luck this season goon.

Bureee
  15. SchIemko

SchIemko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Schlemko#9586
    Ratings:
    +305 / 48 / -76
    Cant wait to read the west!!! Solid job once again

Lllmcclainlll