Media S30 Draft Recap

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Aug 9, 2018.

1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Season 30 NHL Draft Recap

Warning: Long Read

Quick Note: Important to remember that we're heading into a new game, so pretty hard to judge how good any player will be transitioning from NHL 18 to NHL 19, so I went conservative with some of these guys and maybe reached a little with others. Mostly the same format as last season's draft recap; each player has their relevant S30 stats and a "potential" rating which is where I could see them next season after their S30 performance. Also, I'm sure I missed a few guys when I talk about notable picks and funny gamertags, so feel free to add them if you see fit.

Potential is probably misnamed. I don't mean "career potential" more like "I can see this person potentially playing here next season". In no way am I saying this person's ceiling is AHL Bottom 4 or anything like that.

The Top 10:

1. :team31: @No Regretzkys (RW)
    NHL Record: 15-6-3
    53P 23G 30A +13
    Potential: NHL Top 6

The Ducks were pretty eager to draft @No Regretzkys , and clearly they had a good reason because he's slotted in on their second line all season long. He ended up top 10 among rookies in points, goals, and assists. Some of his success is probably due to playing with one of the more skilled players in the league, @SoY LoS 19 , and playing on a powerhouse Ducks team that won the Pacific. Doesn't take long watching the number one overall pick to see that good vision and the ability to move the puck quickly were important in his success and the success of the Duck's second line.

2. :team6: @iRivalized (RW)
    NHL Record: 2-2-0
    5P 4G 1A -3
    AHL Record: 13-5-4
    52P 25G 27A +30
    Potential: AHL Top 6

The 2nd overall pick wasn't super surprising looking back at Columbus's bidding board seeing them grab big names as their top 4 pairs. The Jacket's wanted some potential scoring talent and were hoping to see something promising from @iRivalized very early on in the season. He started out on their AHL affiliate Cleveland going 1-1-1 with 1 point, and then got called up after what seemed like a disappointing first week in the AHL. His week 2 was in the show on Columbus against 3 pretty solid teams and his fate was similar going 1-2-0 with 3 points. That weekend he was traded to the New York Islanders, so his time in Columbus was pretty short. From then on, though, he showed a bit of why he was drafted so high going 12-4-3 with 51 points and a +34 on Bridgeport who made it into the playoffs by just two points. Seems like he contributed to their bid for the playoffs over the last 6 weeks. A lone ECU game for the Islanders gave him his first multi-goal performance in the NHL in a 3-2 win. Not a ton to go on here, so I'd expect he would have to prove himself in the AHL again or show something in preseason to have a shot at an NHL roster.

3. :team7: @S i M o N x 12(LW)
    Position: Left Wing
    NHL Record: 5-8-1
    20P 7G 13A -13
    AHL Record: 6-1-1
    22P 13G 9A +13

The Devils tried to just pick the best player available. @S i M o N x 12 had 55 goals in his previous CHL season which led the entire league in Season 29. Seems like after just one week, however, the Devils wanted to move on. This is likely a theme in summer because of how volatile the standings can be, but @S i M o N x 12 spent a week in Detroit after New Jersey, then sent down to fill in for Carolina's AHL affiliate for a few weeks where he went 5-1-1 with 10 goals and 18 points. Maybe that was enough to earn him a spot on the Boston Bruins who were sellers at the deadline and needed some players to fill in for the rest of the season. Not a great record with the Bruins, and plenty of ECUs in and out of those lineups, but he started to get on the scoresheet a bit more with 11 points through those 6 games. The Devils were hoping for an elite goal scorer, but maybe not enough talent through out the lineup to give @S i M o N x 12 a fair shake. Maybe he'll see some action in the CHL playoffs and show a bit more of what he had in S29. Probably another AHL stint for S31.

4. :team27: @Buck McDowell (RD)
    Position: RD
    NHL Record: 3-3-0
    3P 1G 2A -1
    Potential: AHL Bottom 4

Defensemen are super hit and miss when it comes to transitioning to the NHL. The Islanders drafted @Buck McDowell 4th overall, but decided to trade him in a deal for some veteran defensemen which makes sense if you don't think you have time to see if it's going to work. So, Buck gets on Columbus and has an OK start going 3-3 with 2 losses coming to eventual playoff teams. He decided he was going to call it quits for whatever reason, though, and was banned for 2 seasons. It's more likely that he needs to spend some more time in lower leagues to maybe get away from the run-and-gun style of the CHL, even if he maybe he wasn't put in a great position to succeed.

5. :team23: @THRA5HER5 (LD)
    Position: LD
    NHL Record: 8-12-2
    8P 2G 6A -38
    Potential: AHL Top 4

The Panthers try to replace some of the talent on the back-end that they lost in the offseason. The first move towards that was drafting a guy who had a standout season going 18-4-1 for the Red Deer Rebels and proved that he could be responsible when the puck was on his stick. The Panthers ended up finishing as a bottom four team in the league, so he likely wasn't surrounded by as much talent as some other rookies and draftees were. So, let's just say that he had a below-average season on a below-average team. The Panthers may give him another shot next year, but with a 2 million contract he might be better suited to start in the AHL, and see how he progresses for a week or two.

6. :team23: @Dahlin x 8 (RD)
    Position: RD
    NHL Record: 4-6-0
    5P 1G 4A -3

With the second of back-to-back picks, the Panthers select another defenseman. Seems sort of like they went for a more active defenseman to go with @THRA5HER5 . Unfortunately, things didn't quite work out, and he was sent down after a couple tough weeks. Looked like he was ok for Boston going 2-0 with a win against his former team, but maybe decided with the Bruins out of the playoff picture he was done. A 2 mil contract is hard to live up to; I think likely a bit more experience is needed.

7. :team74: @PigsOnJupiter (LW)
    Position: LW
    NHL Record: 6-0-0
    14P 5G 9A +4
    AHL Record: 12-7-0
    44P 19G 25A +16

The 7th pick of the draft and the first of many picks from the Hurricanes is a guy who maybe would have went a bit higher except for some accusations of playing lesser competition and "dodging the draft" which led to the implementation of a rule to prevent that. Regardless, I think the Canes were pretty pleased to get a guy with back-to-back 100-point seasons and the league leader in points in the CHL in S29 at the 7th spot. He played just one game against a team that ended up making the playoffs for the Canes as an ECU, and even then it was just a thrown together line. Still, he did pretty well in these games winning all 6 and over two points-per-game. His AHL season was pretty solid putting up similar per-game numbers, though going 12-7-0. The Charlotte Checkers just barely missed the playoffs, so we'll have to wait until next season to see what becomes of him. It seems like he's a guy that often pushes the pace of the game from the winger position which is always valuable. An NHL roster spot next season seems more promising than most of the other top 10 picks which means Carolina did a pretty good job with this pick.

8. :team74: @MidnightRabbit3 (C)
    Position: C
    CHL Record: 6-1-0
    22P 7G 15A +15
    Potential: Unknown

The Canes went after the 3rd-highest scorer in the CHL in S29 and the 2nd-highest scorer that was draft eligible (they already took the highest with their 7th overall pick). The tough thing about drafts in the summer season is people are much more likely to be taking a season off or something of the sort and don't have time to play. Maybe that's what happened here with @MidnightRabbit3 . Can't fault the Canes with going after who they thought was the best player available, but not much to go on here to label this pick a hit or miss due to this player not playing at all in higher leagues. At the very least, though, he kept up his scoring touch in a few CHL games this season.

9. :team6: @bruschi26 (C)
    Position: C
    NHL Record: 3-7-1
    18P 9G 9A -9
    AHL Record: 4-2-1
    15P 4G 11A +5

This one was sort of an interesting pick because it seems like they could have gotten @bruschi26 later in the draft, but must have really wanted him and probably couldn't find any decent trades to move down in the draft and lower the contract issued to their new center. Seems like possibly the same issue with @MidnightRabbit3 ; @bruschi26 missed most of the first half of the season and was traded to Arizona where he showed up to play for the Tucson Roadrunners with a 4-2-1 record and 15 points in that span. He was likely going to slot in on their top line, except he ended up being part of compensation for a ban and was shipped to the Bruins. This was mostly the Bruins that were sellers at the deadline, and it didn't help that almost every game @bruschi26 was in was an unfavorable match up for Boston. Tough to judge much on that part of his season. A top six role on an AHL team next season seems about right.

10. :team23: @Cc o s i n e 18 (LW)
    Position: LW
    AHL Record: 11-10-1
    59P 37G 22A -5

Similar to @bruschi26 , I think @Cc o s i n e 18 could have went a little lower, but either the Panthers or their AHL affiliate really wanted this player and a deal to reduce his contract and move down in the draft couldn't be found. The Thunderbirds missed the playoffs by a significant number of points, but this player's season really wasn't that bad. He ended up first on his team in goals, 3rd in points, and 6th in wins. No games with the Panthers despite them using more than a couple ECUs this season definitely doesn't help us get a fuller picture, but the Panthers will at least look at him for next season. The contract is a big thing to live up to, though.

Other Notable 1st Round Picks:

12. :team27: @l GET BUSY l (LD/RD)
    AHL Record: 17-6-5
    17P 1G 16A +15

At 12th overall, we get our 4th defenseman drafted and I'd say he's performed better than those drafted before him. He spent the whole season in the AHL, but earned a spot on the All Star team playing for the Bridgeport Tigers and going 17-6-5. He was fourth in the entire AHL in takeaways with 120 which says a bit to his style of play (which should translate to NHL 19 pretty well). Also, tied for 2nd on his team in wins, which is arguably the most important stat.

16. :team17: @Go Bar South23 (C)
    AHL Record: 10-15-1
    59P 28G 31A -37
    Potential: NHL Bottom 6

@Go Bar South23 was apart of the most consistent and successful ilne on the Canucks which maybe doesn't seem like a lot. He had the most points on the team with 59, most assists with 31, second in goals with 28, tied for first in goals. It's tough going to a team that ends up being a bad team, but those are pretty respectable stats all things considered. At the very least, he's a good asset going into S31, though I feel like he can challenge for a spot again.

21. :team74: @x BeIt (LD)
    AHL Record: 13-5-0
    12P 0G 12A +14

Probably an AHL pick, but the organization got pretty good use out of it. A couple ECU victories are nice, and he played most of the season for the Checkers getting the 5th most wins on the team and 4th best plus-minus. He got sent down to the CHL for a few weeks during the season, not sure what to make of that. Pretty likely he'll start another season in the AHL unless he can prove himself before the season starts.

24. :team74: @GeT MuTeDD (RD)
    AHL Record: 16-7-1
    16P 0G 16A +23

Carolina, or their AHL, pick up another defenseman. He had slightly above average stats in the CHL which makes me think that someone did their homework when they decided to pick @GeT MuTeDD ; however, he only played a bit for the Checkers before being moved in a trade for Charlotte to get two more defensemen with more experience. Doubt @GeT MuTeDD minded because he found a full-time spot on his new team, the Belleville Senators, and went 13-6-1 from then onwards. Led the Senators in takeaways, 3rd in wins, 4th in plus-minus. Couldn't glean much from his 4 victories in the NHL, but looks to be at least a top four or even top pair guy on an AHL team next season.

28. :team77: @Weavs x 19 (RW)
    AHL Record: 21-5-2
    62P 21G 41A +36

The Predators first pick in the S30 draft, and it was a pretty good one in retrospect. Unfortunately, the Preds had to trade him for picks to add to trades to shore up their roster. Anyways, I doubt anyone will argue that Calgary's AHL affiliate is a contender for the Calder Cup and is one of best teams in the league. Definitely a dream scenario to step into if you've just been drafted, but @Weavs x 19 has made his contributions capturing 21 wins and earning an All Star Game appearance. Not really the flashiest player, but being able to play smart for 60 minutes is a valuable trait. Potentially a bottom 6 NHL player next season, though at 2 mil it'd be tough to crack a roster especially moving into a new game.

Other Notable Picks:

32. :team23: @o NEM3SIS (C)
    AHL Record: 16-9-3
    67P 22G 45A +17

Florida's AHL really liked this pick I assume. They ended up getting their 2nd leading scorer (67 points) with the first pick of the 2nd round, so he has a 1.25 mil contract. Really tough to say what his potential is despite almost leading his team because of a lack of information on my end. I'd assume that he is at least a top six AHL forward on a really good contract for next season.

33. :team74: @Kucherov l 86 l (RW)
    AHL Record: 12-6-1
    47P 22G 25A +10
    Potential: AHL Bottom 6

The Hurricanes had a ton of picks. That's probably evident by now. @Kucherov l 86 l was 5-0-0 as an ECU for the Checkers in S29 which was owned by @jyeti15s . They must have thought this was a pretty good price for him, so they took him 33rd overall. He missed some of the season, like a lot of people, but 12-6-1 with 47 points seems to say they did a good job with this pick.

37. :team27: @l6 Inf4mou5 9l (LD)
    AHL Record: 15-8-3
    18P 4G 14A +19

The other team that had plenty of picks, the New York Islanders, make another selection. The Islanders ended up trading a decent amount of drafted players away to grab more veteran players. @l6 Inf4mou5 9l was a casualty of that strategy, but ended up on the Milwaukee Admirals where he went 15-8-3 on a team that finished 2nd in the Western Central. Not sure how his playstyle will translate to NHL 19, so I'd guess he's a bottom four defenseman in the AHL on a 1.25 contract which will likely be above-average value.

40. :team27: @Godfrey I 24 I (LW)
    NHL Record: 11-3-2
    38P 13G 25A +15
    Potential: NHL 3rd Line

I actually featured @Godfrey I 24 I as a Rookie of the Week in my Week 3 Recap. His stint with the Islanders was pretty impressive. He scored some timely goals in several games and was on the scoresheet plenty with over two points-per-game. Around the deadline he got sent all the way down despite a pretty good showing in the NHL thus far, so I'm guessing maybe real life stuff got in the way. He was handed a one-season ban (which I didn't know was a thing). One thing though, he's a left-handed left wing.

42. :team31: @JeFfBdR31 (RW)
    AHL Record: 17-7-1
    61P 23G 38A +33

Seems like whoever was in on this player really did their homework. Great record in the CHL, but nothing really stands out stats-wise. A lot of getting the most out of your drafted players depends on getting them with players they can gel with, but he had a variability on his line and still performed. 42nd overall has him on a good contract for a 20+ goal, 60+ point scorer in the AHL this season. Transition to NHL 19 will be important, could he maybe challenge for an NHL roster spot? I'd have to assume he's almost guaranteed a spot on an AHL squad come September.

46. :team4: @Zer0 Tension (G)
    NHL Record: 20-16-4
    76.7 sv% 2.30 GAA
    Potential: Fringe NHL Starter

Not the first goalie taken which I thought was a bit surprising. His CHL stats are probably what held him back a bit as he didn't play the full season, though he was just under 80 sv% and a 2.31 GAA. Anyways, he was picked by the Flyers and eventually moved to the Senators. In both places, he's been a little inconsistent as the backup behind two pretty good goaltenders. I think NHL 19 will solve some of those problems, though, and he'll challenge for a start position somewhere if not for the Sens.

51. :team9: @GRG allstarbear (G)
    AHL Record: 21-15-8
    82.7 sv% 2.19 GAA
    Potential: NHL Backup

Based on CHL numbers alone, maybe he should have gone a bit higher. Most picks after the top 15 are AHL picks, so I'll assume the Stars affiliate picked @GRG allstarbear for their team. He's been great and (from what I hear) a big reason why the Texas Stars with close to an 83 save percentage and giving up a little more than 2 goals per game. In addition, his play earned him an All Star Game bid. One more thing, he was exceptionally good in his ECU games for Dallas where he was above an 85 save percentage and under a 2 GAA in 4 games.

54. :team77: @Zariodh92 (C)
    AHL Record: 18-6-2
    60P 25G 35A +23

It doesn't seem like people draft a guy that takes management of their AHL team that often. That's what Nashville did. Just from the fact that Milwaukee made the playoffs and managed to place 2nd in their division makes me feel like this was a good pick. In addition to that, @Zariodh92 had even more success in the AHL than the CHL where he had more points, wins, and had a better faceoff percentage. All that and he started finding the net more with 25 goals compared to just 13 in the CHL.

64. :team27: @Bweissss (RW)
    AHL Record: 12-6-0
    48P 21G 27A +30

Looks like real life struck another LGer with @Bweissss missing much of the first half of the season. He was finally able to get into some games, and the Gulls took full advantage of his newfound availability as he started putting up points left and right. Scoring 20 goals when he missed a third of the season is pretty fantastic for a guy drafted in the early 3rd round. Good to see a player's skills in the CHL translate well to the AHL.

73. :team17: @SunBunBudZ (RD)
    AHL Record: 15-8-0
    16P 1G 15A +8

Looks like Utica got another defensive-minded defenseman in the same vein as @kjm007 from last season. The Comets got a defenseman who is careful with the puck and knows when to defer to someone else and plenty of people constantly ask for a defenseman that will stay conservative throughout a game. Look at that +20 in TA - GA, that's pretty crazy.

75. :team31: @BookerWoo (C/LW)
    AHL Record: 19-6-3
    74P 36G 38A +34

I know a lot of owners probably overlooked @BookerWoo because of his poor stats in S29. It's tough to put up good stats on a struggling line, and even tougher when the whole team is struggling. That's pretty much the story of his S29 CHL team, the Moncton Wildcats. The Gulls don't seem to have been fooled and picked up a player who put up more than 30 goals and 70 points in his rookie season in the AHL. Maybe this will remind the importance of scouting players rather than just looking at the leaderboards for a handful of seconds if you want the draft to make a difference on your team.

76. :team27: @Seek0 (LD)
    AHL Record: 20-6-1
    20P 3G 17A +11
    Potential: NHL Bottom 4

Can't say enough good things about this pick. Unfortunately, the Islanders traded him away to get some veteran players at the NHL level shortly after drafting him. Still, they thought it was worth picking him 76th, and it did have some utility for them. Tough to know what they were getting before they traded him away, but essentially (from my point of view) they picked a defenseman who is reliable in all three zones and is able to make the right decision with the puck on his stick more often than not. Have to say that's extremely valuable on a 1 million contract.

90. :team391: @iTub3 (G)
    AHL Record: 15-22-3
    77.7 sv% 3.43 GAA
    Potential: Fringe NHL Backup

A solid season in net for a North Bay Battallion team that wasn't really the powerhouse it was in season's past earned @iTub3 a look for the 90th overall pick. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was him playing club games with people in the chatbox, but I digress. His reward for getting drafted was making his way to a Manitoba team by way of a deadline deal from Tucson where the team has struggled to win in front of him. His numbers are somewhat consistent which is promising. The real reason why I put him on here is that Winnipeg was mostly a disaster the last few weeks of the season, and despite that @iTub3 almost managed an 80% when he probably faced more high-danger chances than any other goalie through the last couple weeks.

91. :team676: @Eamonn (RD)
    NHL Record: 18-7-1
    24P 0G 24A +23
    Potential: NHL Bottom 4

Vegas with an absolute slam-dunk with the 91st overall pick. They must have had some knowledge about his play in other leagues (or maybe they recognized him from playing versus) because he has almost no stats in lower leagues. There wasn't a lot to go on here for other teams, so it makes sense why he slipped through the cracks. The end of the 3rd round yielded a defenseman who had an 18 win season in the NHL, who would have guessed that?

98. :team27: @Wild Edits (G)
    AHL Record: 17-10-0
    79.1 sv% 2.32 GAA
    Potential: AHL Starter

The Islanders finally choose a goalie, and it was one that was able to crack their AHL roster as a backup. A good record going 17-10 and slightly above average numbers make the pick look good. Haven't heard much about him, but it looks like the Islanders got some good value out of an early 4th round pick which a lot of owners in the past have treated as throwaway picks.

113. :team3: @YeLLa iL (LW)
    NHL Record: 16-11-1
    39P 15G 24A +9
    Potential: NHL 3rd Line

He's been in the NHL all season, and I've barely heard about him. He was mostly on a line with @Tendy and @mR Hit DaT , and it can admittedly be tough playing with elite players as a rookie. It's hard to say what his impact on that line was, though, as the line didn't do quite as well as the Blues hoped and his numbers aren't necessarily exceptional. I think that he'd likely perform better on a lower line, though I wouldn't go so far as saying he needs time in the AHL. 16 wins in the NHL is an accomplishment no matter what way you look at it.

117. :team31: @danlizhot (G)
    AHL Record: 28-11-3
    81.0 sv% 2.35 GAA
    Potential: Fringe NHL Starter

NHL 18 has supposedly really help out goalies, so it makes sense to take a flyer on a goalie with one of your late picks hoping he'll be at least average. To be honest, though, it seems like the Ducks just got a steal here. Sure, his CHL stats don't jump out at you, but they are probably a bit above average with how many CHL games turn into a track meet. When you take into account that he's played on two Spokane Chiefs' teams that were just average CHL teams, his numbers look that much better. Clearly, they did something right because his numbers with the San Diego Gulls this season speak for themselves.

118. :team12: @Crisper 19 (G)
    NHL Record: 21-6-1
    79.7 sv% 2.19
    Potential: NHL Backup

The final draft pick I'm going to mention is separated from the end of the draft by just 6 picks. I've played him in club a few times, so seems odd no one took a flyer on him before now. I'm sure the Rangers were pleased that he fell this far, and he's been solid. With goalies 35 or less games played (kind of arbitrary but figured that's close to what a backup would play) he was 3rd in save percentage, 2nd in GAA, and 5th in shut outs. That's pretty great to get a top 5 backup in the NHL with one of the last several picks in the draft.

Best Sleeper Picks:

40. :team27: @Godfrey I 24 I

It's just not very often that you get a solid forward that can play up on your NHL roster out of the 2nd round. He didn't get to play a full season for whatever reason, but he seems to have made an impact for the Islanders which makes this a pretty solid pick.

75. :team31: @BookerWoo

You'd expect the real difference makers in the AHL to be guys that couldn't make their respective NHL squads in the first round or guys that were drafted in the 2nd specifically to play for the AHL. @BookerWoo went in middle of the 3rd round and has been stellar amassing 19 wins and 74 points for the Gulls.

76. :team27: @Seek0

Maybe this is controversial, but I honestly think there's a few teams that could have used @Seek0 , especially cash strapped teams looking for defensive depth at the deadline. Drafting a defenseman who is practically NHL ready with the 76th pick is almost unheard of, but we only saw a glimpse of what he can do this season in the NHL.

91. :team676: @Eamonn

Does @Eamonn play versus? Is he West Coast? I don't know the answer to this, but one must be yes for him to be drafted by Vegas. Regardless, there aren't any questions about what could have been like there are with @Seek0 . @Eamonn came up to the NHL and will likely end up in the Calder conversation. 18 wins playing on a line that is a huge reason the Knights ended up making the playoffs, and they got him just a few picks shy of the 4th round.

117. :team31: @danlizhot

From what I've seen, some of the issues keeping @danlizhot from being able to compete for an NHL roster spot will be largely resolved on NHL 19. Even without thinking about next season, the Gulls ended up with a fierce goalie tandem in the AHL, and half of that tandem came from the draft. Not only did it come from the draft, but it came at almost the end of last round. Talk about a sleeper pick.

118. :team12: @Crisper 19

There's really not a whole lot to say here. The Rangers picked up one of the better backup goalies in the league, and they were able to do it with their last pick in the draft late in the 4th round. There has to be a few people kicking themselves for not picking up @Crisper 19 earlier when they picked someone who never suited up for their organization.

Organization That Drafted the Best:

:team31: Anaheim Ducks
    @CaLL Me Jakoo @SoY LoS 19 @Slugger921 @BullBreed333

Just so tough to pick against the Ducks with how well they utilized the draft. They got their 2nd line RW @No Regretzkys from the draft. Their AHL has numerous guys just killing it this season that were drafted by them, namely @JeFfBdR31 @BookerWoo and @danlizhot . Not only that, but they got some talent from other people's drafts in @Bweissss who joined their team midseason and hasn't looked back. If their other pick @Grandpa Jagr comes up and plays well after his CHL management stint is over, they'll have gone 5/5 with their picks in S30.

Honorable Mention:

:team27: New York Islanders
    @a1xFREAKx13 @MasterAmerica @Jude le Polski @LBFlag

They had a ton of picks, and I assume many were chosen by their AHL guys for their team. However, it's no secret that @a1xFREAKx13 is great at getting value out of drafts. The only player they drafted to come up and make a difference on their NHL roster was @Godfrey I 24 I who was an early 2nd round pick which seems pretty phenomenal. Their AHL ended up with @iRivalized who was drafted by the Devils and seems to have been an impact player for Bridgeport. They have a couple picks of their own still with the team who've had big seasons for the Tigers in @Arvidsson l33l @l GET BUSY l and @Wild Edits . They had two pretty solid picks that they needed to trade away to bolster forward depth in @l6 Inf4mou5 9l and @Seek0 . In addition to those guys, they traded away these players for mostly veterans of the league (therefore they would know what they're getting rather than waiting to see if their picks panned out) in @clutchcolbs @BIG HARLEY x 44 @Bweissss and @Buck McDowell . Maybe the Ducks slightly edged them out based on how much of an impact those guys made, but the Islanders organization were wheeling and dealing to get everything they could out of the draft to set themselves up for success.

Best Names That Were Drafted:

:team31: @No Regretzkys
    For real, this is pretty good. Unfortunately, I felt like I remember the gamertag from being beaten by him in versus a couple times, though, so there are some pangs of sadness when I see it.

:team74: @PigsOnJupiter
    Is there a joke here? I can't tell, but boy it is thought-provoking. Although, pigs can't live on Jupiter; I'm almost sure of it.

:team17: @Go Bar South23
    Ok, so there's a lot of the "bar down" something with a ton of numbers after it because everyone uses it. Still feel like this isn't bad with just 23 which I can only assume is maybe his number in real life. Bar south is a little less used than "bar down", but he didn't stoop to "bar Mexico" and we all remember that guy from juniors.

:team74: @BallZach77
    Nothing like a little self-deprecating humor. Ballzach kind of sounds like ball sack, get it? Unless this person is making fun of someone else named Zach in which case we need the Enforcers Against Cyberbullying out here @D4D USA @IlFox .

:team27: @GrEsyTURDBurger
    I'm a simple man. I see a poop joke, I add it to media.

:team15: @JeffertonMcPoop
    Another poop joke, but it just feels more sophisticated, you know? Maybe it's a turd, but it was taken in a toilet made out of gold.

:team74: @MrJuiceBoxHero
    Love it. Just so many levels here... or maybe just one level, but it's so good.

:team15: @MudDuck166
    I've been told this is also a poop joke. A mud duck is like when you have a ton of flat smaller turds that hit the toilet water and sound like a duck walking on pavement with wet feet?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 42
    • Winner Winner x 13
    No Streaming Account
  2. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    I wouldn't even have guessed that! Shoutout to Kleetus for recognizing my name from all the times he destroyed me in HUT.

Thanks for the nice words. I like reading your stuff every week.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    eamonnjcf
  3. Woahmack

Woahmack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 27 / -23
    eamonn was great, until the last couple weeks, then he sucked ass :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    WoahmackNHL
  4. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Fantastic write up. Super in depth. Wow!

• Like Like x 2
    DaYoungBuck
  5. RoaringViper

RoaringViper Well-Known Member

Discord:
    roaringviper#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 6 / -7
    Wow goon what a write up good read man thanks for doing these and putting so much time into making these great

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. CaLL Me Jakoo

CaLL Me Jakoo LG Pittsburgh Penguins

Discord:
    CaLL Me Jakoo#2067
    Ratings:
    +758 / 9 / -33
    WOW! Awesome read man, as always. You’ve consistently done an amazing job with all of these since the start of your posts a few seasons ago. Also, thanks for the recognition regarding the draft. Huge shutout to @BullBreed333 , @Slugger921 and @RBK v420 there. Lastly, couldn’t be happier for my boy @No Regretzkys. Quack!

• Like Like x 10
    • Troll Troll x 1
    CaLLMeJakooo
  7. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    Thanks for making my poop longer then it needed to be! Sick read bro

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Gilleh

Gilleh Lil Gilly

Ratings:
    +601 / 28 / -55
    wow maybe the worst draft of all time?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    gilpump
  9. No Regretzkys

No Regretzkys Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2 / -1
    Dude... Props to you. I'm sure you put a ton of time and effort into piecing this together, and it shows.

Thanks for the good read!

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  10. Dan x 39

Dan x 39 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    danlizhot#5622
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -3
    Wow ! Really good write up man, you going deep with everyone you talked about and that's a huge work. Also, thank you for the good word, it's really appreciate !

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. APX x 93

APX x 93 APX x 93

Discord:
    APX x 93#6626
    Ratings:
    +615 / 65 / -102
    Good writeup ! It just show that the draft are awful now .

• Like Like x 3
    apxx93
  12. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    It sure looks that way. Around 5 guys were big difference-makers at the NHL level, and there were less than 10 that made an impact on their NHL club.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    At the NHL level, this one definitely suffered a bit like I responded to Gil. Big thing is that it takes a bit of time for some people to move all the way up to the NHL. A ton of people from the S27 draft are here now, but didn't make the jump immediately. S28 and S29 had less top-end talent than S27, but a lot of depth. Just gotta wait and see where these guys end up after the next season or two to really judge it.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. I GetBusy I

I GetBusy I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 3 / -8
    Nice writeup dude, thanks for the nod. Led the league in hits too;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Lyons x 63

Lyons x 63 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 28 / -73
    Easily the worst draft in the last 5 seasons or so

• Informative Informative x 1
    lyonsx63
  16. GeT MuTeDD

GeT MuTeDD Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .mutedd#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 3 / -14
    Nice write up man and thanks for the mention.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. iTub3

iTub3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 5 / -17
    Thanks for the mention even through my shit season, good stuff.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    another great write up. Have you considered doing something like this for previous drafts?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. JiggleJuiice

JiggleJuiice jiggle jiggle jiggle

Discord:
    JiggleJuiice#3347
    Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -0
    @BallZach77 ‘s real name is Zachary Ball. His parents were obviously hilarious

• Funny Funny x 2
    JiggleJuiice
  20. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Yeah, I was going to last season, but ran out of time. Might still change the format and do something if I have time before NHL 19, though.

No Streaming Account