Media S30 Pacific Preseason Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Jun 6, 2018.

1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    TL;DR
    Pacific: 1 :team15: 2 :team31: 3 :team29: 4 :team28: 5 :team11: 6 :team76: :team17::team676:

Next Article (maybe): Week 1 Preview on June 10th

Long read, feel free to stop or skip to your team. And yeah OK, I cheated by grouping the Kings, Canucks, and Golden Knights together. They all have weaknesses, and I didn't want to choose.

Metro:
    https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s30-metropolitan-preseason-rankings.274247/
    Atlantic: https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s30-atlantic-preseason-rankings.274264/
    Central: https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s30-central-preseason-rankings.274326/

The Pacific Division

1. :team15: San Jose Sharks

Notable: Depth, Returning Players

Forwards: The Sharks have some talented wingers in @shmurds @l 17 l and @WelcomeToTheWeb all of who had 15+ wins and 50+ points last season. Add in @SchroyDaddy who should already have some chemistry with some of the Sharks. At center @CrazzyCanuck makes his return and two more returning players in @BlG STlCK NlCK and @SweeT 9 LoU 84 who should be able to add to last season's success. For depth players, they've picked up @Billsmafia1186 (who they should be familiar with as he was one of the better players on their previous AHL team) and @xDemon12x who should excel on a lower line compared to his last season on the S28 Oilers.

Defense: The top four is one of the best in the league with @Gwan @Proud Gay Dad and @Tom 0 @SNipeSHow Inc with 3 of the 4 reaching 17 wins last season. Newly acquired @VK LethaLMyke is someone who seems to have struggled on bad teams and done ok on good teams, luckily this looks like a good team. @Larsbone x605 last NHL appearance he went 11-3-1, but as a goalie. Maybe he's the next out of position goalie to tear it up?

Goalies: @Viktomize is back at the goalie position, and I'm told he's pretty good. Barring availability issues, should be a solid season as he won't be relied upon as much. @Jewest One has performed well with @SweeT 9 LoU 84 on his team. S26 he was 29-15-6, and last season he was 20-9-6 with an 81.8 save percentage. I'd expect he puts up better numbers this season.

Key Offseason Moves: @Gwan takes Owner, acquire @SNipeSHow Inc from the Devils, @WelcomeToTheWeb resigns for 750k, @BlG STlCK NlCK resigns for 2.75 million

Key Bids: @SweeT 9 LoU 84 at 7.25 million, @SchroyDaddy for 2.5 million, @CrazzyCanuck for 2 million, @Viktomize for 1 million

Potential Steals: If @Viktomize or @Jewest One can provide plenty of quality starts (which they probably can), then they'll definitely saved some money. Though, @CrazzyCanuck could outshine them if he's able to have success with his linemates.

2. :team31: Anaheim Ducks

Notable: Forwards

Forwards:
    Their top line is back with @Ya Boy Yahtzee @CaLL Me Jakoo and @DeLong x 22 , all of whom had 18+ wins and 65+ points, and they will likely put up even better numbers this season. @SoY LoS 19 is back, but at his usual forward position giving the Ducks maybe the best one-two punch in the league at center. He'll be surrounded with, I think, draft pick @No Regretzkys and @Basful who is a season removed from his 20 wins with the Islanders. That should be enough to get that line to atleast 15 wins. @Neaverth @MrMalice25 and @Wadden l32l fill out the third line, and they're going to be solid provided availability works out for the Ducks. Malice plays the game a lot it seems and has had success before, and Wadden has been a solid bottom 6 option where he's went.

Defense:
    The defense doesn't seem to have as much depth as last season. @ArchambauIt is a bit of a question mark as a defenseman, but no doubt he'll be at least ok. @Drew x 8 will be solid defensively, but might not provide much offense. @Nraimondi44 is back as the top defenseman, and he'll have a lot of success playing with the top line. @FireGoodellNoww @Legion4 and @xXShadillacXx are all good depth defenseman, but the Ducks will need at least one of them to step up.

Goalies:
    @SteveB9211 has been good forever and will be good this season, not a big surprise they picked him up, either. @GoldyIsBack doesn't have much LG experience and hasn't played in awhile, but someone else wanted him if they had to get him for 1 million. I'll assume he's a decent backup, but he might have to be better than decent to win games.

Key Offseason Moves:
    @SoY LoS 19 moves to GM and to forward, @Nraimondi44 resigns for 8 million, @DeLong x 22 resigns for 5 mllion, trade for picks to draft @No Regretzkys

Key Bids:
    @ArchambauIt for 2.25 million, @SteveB9211 for 2 million, @Neaverth for 1 million, @MrMalice25 for 500k

Potential Steals:
    @MrMalice25 for 500k, as long as he doesn't get bad matchups setting some personal bests could be a good bet.

3. :team29: Calgary Flames

Notable: Forwards

Forwards:
    @lNylander x 29l is back with the Flames after being a Hart finalist. @gregy99 joins him as a more than capable top 2 center. They're flanked with a little more talent this year with @xDubz 17 @Mxtayer @TacticalSwim @xl HoodStaR lx and @TheGreatMP7 who are all arguably top 6 players. The third center seems to be @m1st3r ped who's playing out of position at C, and that's a bit of a risk but it's the 3rd line so not one the Flames will be concerned about.

Defense:
    The Flames have @Jer Dubz coming back as owner and one of the better (and more physical defenseman) in the league. On the right side, we have @Yung Gren as GM and playing RD rather than forward this season. We'll just have to wait and see how good he is most likely, though I'll take his word for it that he's good. @BEAUPRE o is back after going 19-3-1 previously, and @xJLucas is back after going 7-5 for the Flames. Two guys as depth defensemen will be @Bourque x13 and @DavPaq22 and there's not a lot of previous experience to go on, so we might just have to wait and see with these two as well.

Goalies:
    The king of the crease himself is back as the Flames won @lx JoneZ xl in bidding. He's probably one of the goaltenders most likely to steal a game, but I hear his weakness is weak shots from the blue line. @x Frenchy 25 x is back and is the backup behind Jonez, and with some questions on D, he might have to face some tougher shots.

Key Offseason Moves:
    @Yung Gren joins as the GM, @TacticalSwim resigns for 2.5 million, @BEAUPRE o resigns for 750k

Key Bids:
    @TheGreatMP7 for 7.5 million, @gregy99 for 5.5 million, @lx JoneZ xl for 2 million

Potential Steals:
    @xl HoodStaR lx had 18 wins and 51 points last season. Maybe his linemates will be different, but a performance like that on a 500k contract again would be just what the Flames need.

4. :team28: Arizona Coyotes

Notable: Defense

Forwards:
    Not sure what the lines will be, but plenty of talent with this group. @Lehkonen x 62 @xxDups77xx at LW, @AAli x 21 and @Keith x l 2 l at C, and @gunass0910 and @v Bonillax at RW is a pretty good top 6 as long as they can score goals. @Williams x12x @lVlaT and @dirtracer91a looks like an average 3rd line during a regular season, during summer season they could excel as long as they hop on NHL more than just at LG times (which is a lot to ask I know).

Defense:
    Oooohhh boy this defense looks good. @jewbawkka and @mayweddaa are two pretty solid LDs especially that @jewbawkka is on a 1 million contract. The right side is stacked with @x Neal x 18 x @Azkika and @ZuKe Zuchegno all with 16+ wins with Neal and Azkika being better than +20. No idea if @ScootsMaGoots91 will be good or not, but great gamertag.

Goalies:
    @LEG3NDz R41Nz is back for another season with @Lehkonen x 62 and he had his best season last season with 26 wins and 83.2 save percentage. With such a good d-corps in front of him, similar numbers won't be out of the question. They have a good backup in @Huddy who was on a couple struggling teams last season, but definitely has the ability to be good on this Coyotes team.

Key Offseason Moves:
    Acquired @ScootsMaGoots91 @Williams x12x and @Azkika from the Lightning, acquired @mayweddaa from the Rangers, acquired @ZuKe Zuchegno and @gunass0910 from the Flyers, acquired @AAli x 21 from the Oilers

Key Bids:
    @xxDups77xx for 6 million, @v Bonillax for 4.25 million, @LEG3NDz R41Nz for 1.25 million

Potential Steals:
    @Keith x l 2 l is a pretty solid defenseman, especially when transitioning into offense, and if he can combine his good defensive tendencies with his good offensive ones at center it could definitely be one of the better contracts this season. (and the Coyotes need it to be as their Center depth isn't great).

5. :team11: Edmonton Oilers

Notable: Forwards, French

Forwards:
    They definitely have some talent on LW with @MiDi x 39 @Kush-Demon_QC and @PIZZA ROMO . As far as Midi and Romo go, both had pretty successful seasons in S29 with Romo playing with a bunch of different players. Down the middle, looks like maybe @APX x 93 @Capitalize x94 and @Regs84 which looks solid and I'd assume Capitalize puts up even better numbers than last season. The Oilers didn't spend as much on RWs, but even so, @I shaun l @Position banc and @Kronwall x l55l looks like plenty of skill on the right side.

Defense:
    This defense is sort of all over the place. @Dumba x 55 @Gary Garoo and @Dualtz were all pretty successful last season and that should continue. @Dieu Charlo hasn't played D yet in LG, but he's pretty good I hear and likely steps into a big role in his first season. @Gros Tabarnack doesn't have @Amiot x 04 so all bets are off, who knows what will happen. @APsychicTaco is another person playing out of position, and he should get a good d-partner so I think he'll be able to have some success at least on the defensive side of his game.

Goalies:
    @thekiller15000 was a stud last season in the AHL with the Ontario Reign sporting an 84.4 save percentage and a 2 GAA; I'd say he is ready to make the jump. @x-Skinner-_53_- is an unknown to me, but I've seen him chirp in the chatbox so he must be good.

Key Offseason Moves:
    Acquired @Gary Garoo from the Flyers, acquired @Regs84 and @I shaun l from the Blues

Key Bids:
    @MiDi x 39 for 6 million, @Gros Tabarnack for 3.25 million, @Dieu Charlo for 2.5 million, @Position banc 1.25 million, @thekiller15000 for 1 million

Potential Steals:
    @Position banc has a decent chance to succeed in his first full season in the NHL. He didn't score a ton in the AHL his last two seasons, but I'd expect at least that much scoring if he's playing with regular linemates.

6A. :team76: Los Angeles Kings

Notable: Center Depth

Forwards:
    The center's here look good which makes sense because they spent a ton of money on them. @MarcoGoes5H0LE is a great 1C and behind him we have @BigJayAyotte who I think still has some left in the tank. The third center is @BLicK12 who had 20 wins last season, though just 30 points. They should be pretty good down the middle. That being said, they look very weak on wingers. @x Chyzz should be a top line winger and @Koho could play there in a pinch. @NyIsles3 @KMcMullen12 @JBrodiee and @OK Crusty all look like decent depth options, but two of them will need to elevate their game for the Kings.

Defense:
    The defense has two big names on it in @Curi0sity and @Redmile89 , but they may play together which looks like it will leave some holes in their defense. @DONNYWOOD is a decent defenseman, same with @Lazy Pedestrian and @Amiot x 04 from what I know , but they will probably need to be better than decent this season. @PuckinNutz hasn't been on LG in awhile, so I'm sure the Kings hope he'll fit in well with the third line.

Goalies:
    @Th3 l AnD 0n1y is another one of those goalies that can be hit or miss. The Kings may have to rely on him, so they'll need him to be consistent. @IX 212 XI has been off LG for awhile, and he's never had a truly good season it seems; I always seem him looking for players, though, so it's safe to see he plays the game a bit which has to be a good thing.

Key Offseason Moves:
    Acquired @Lazy Pedestrian from the Jets

Key Bids:
    @MarcoGoes5H0LE for 8 million, @BigJayAyotte for 6.5 million, @BLicK12 for 3.25 million, @Amiot x 04 for 2.25 million, @Th3 l AnD 0n1y for 1.5 million

Potential Steals:
    If anyone is going to step up, I'd guess @Lazy Pedestrian who has the best track record of all the other lower salary players. His last season on Xbox was just ok, but his last 3 on PSN are more than solid.

6B. :team17: Vancouver Canucks

Notable: ??? on Forward

Forwards:
    @Cirelli x 71 tore up the AHL last season, and he's been rewarded with a 1st line role it would seem along with @Five 5 Hole 0 and @l1l Sharp l0l . @JuniorHawk16 @Go Bar South23 and @SpenceDangles would be the 2nd line, and they could be solid and already have some chemistry. @SpenceDangles had 17 wins on a good Ottawa team last season, and @JuniorHawk16 was 3 points per game as an ECU for the Panthers (my old team) last season. @KSPx11 and @Averageboy already have a good deal of chemistry between them and @deathstwr99 will add onto this line and hopefully not screw it all up. Definitely question marks on whether some of these guys can make the transition or continue to produce at a decent level. Also, I'd say whether or not they can play a defensive playstyle if they need to could be questionable.

Defense:
    @l FreeStyle 7 l is a good top-pairing guy and might even flourish with a quick-paced offense that, at the very least, @Cirelli x 71 is used to playing. @Gunwoat would likely be up there if he would ever get off Fortnite. @kjm007 and @l Chelios x24 l might surprise some people, especially if the line they're playing with can give them some goal support. The 3rd pair of @M 1 N D T R i P and @JOSKY84 will have their success depend on their chemistry, so let's hope it's good enough.

Goalies:
    @I BigDMcGee I and @Z3R0CR45H can both be good goalies, but like a lot of other goalies they're both inconsistent (or so I'm told). Either one of them could potentially be the starter on this team, so we'll have to wait and see who plays better.

Key Offseason Moves:
    Acquired @Gunwoat from the Panthers, drafted @Go Bar South23

Key Bids:
    @l FreeStyle 7 l for 6.25 million, @Cirelli x 71 for 5.25 million, @l1l Sharp l0l for 3.25 million, @l Chelios x24 l for 2.25 million

Potential Steals:
    If @KSPx11 and @Averageboy can continue to play well together, for 500k they both would be great contracts as long as their AHL track record is at all indicative of the performance they might have in the NHL.

6C. :team676: Vegas Golden Knights

Notable: ??? on Defense

Forwards:
    Definitely have some talent up front with @rickchel @Woahmack and @Daddy Padre. @K1eetus has been a defenseman his last few seasons, but he probably wouldn't switch unless he wasn't confident in himself. All of the other forwards in @boonsop @ChrisBeezer @McPluggles and @SurpriseMe22 have had some level of success in the NHL previously (and with familiar names on those teams). @johnwaynee90 is the odd guy out, was cool seeing him punch his ticket to Vegas, but I have no idea how that Alaska connection is going to work out in 6s. If their past successes continue, and they all gel together they could be dangerous, but to big of an "if" right now.

Defense:
    Personally, I've always liked how @JEEEEEEBS plays and he should be solid. More question marks on defense, though. @C4NADA is going to have to be great, and it's anyone's guess how good he will be. @Pure Pone could step up to be an ok top 4 option, but all the other defensemen in @Landect5 @StealthyAdopted and @BeautifulWiener are giant question marks. It'll be hard to predict early on how they will perform.

Goalies:
    @moosapotamus33 is likely going to be the starter, and I hope he can build on the performances he had last season because the team might need him to. @DenyingSnipers0 is another question mark, maybe there will be some roster moves yet.

Key Offseason Moves:
    Acquired @C4NADA from the Jets, acquired @JEEEEEEBS from the Devils

Key Bids:
    @rickchel for 6 million, @Daddy Padre for 5.25 million, @Landect5 for 2.75 million, @Pure Pone for 2.25 million

Potential Steals:
    Very tough to say who will play better than their contract on this team. Definitely going to need some great performances out of some of these players if the Knights are going to push for the playoffs, so we'll have to wait and see who elevates their game.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. PuckNastyI8I

PuckNastyI8I Veteran Old Man

Discord:
    PuckNastyI8I#6057
    Ratings:
    +201 / 29 / -30
    I havent really been away, I tried a season at RW and sat in TC, and I helped own a team in the CHL with a friend of mine. I will be fine, just pair me with a Dman who doesnt go out of their way to make hits or leave me hanging on 2 on 1's all game.

Good write up, thanks for taking time writing this up

• Get Good Get Good x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    XBOXPuckinNutz
  3. Tayerrrrr

Tayerrrrr Sup my dude

Discord:
    mxtayer#2502
    Ratings:
    +273 / 31 / -57
    Very nice to read this ! Great job

• Like Like x 1
    Mxtayer
  4. thekiller15000

thekiller15000 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thekiller15000#7961
    Ratings:
    +122 / 44 / -67
    Good write up bro!

• Like Like x 2
    thekiller1500000
  5. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    Good write up Goon, can't wait to see how we do!

• Like Like x 2
    NealiteGaming
  6. l Yahtzeee l

l Yahtzeee l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 35 / -70
    Ayee good shit young blood

• Like Like x 3
    Nguadagna
  7. kjm007

kjm007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Great write up, only problem is Vancouver is clearly #1

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. No Regretzkys

No Regretzkys Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2 / -1
    Good read, man. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Salty x 27

Salty x 27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +440 / 27 / -48
    Good write up as always. Thanks for taking the time to do this. We all like this kind of media.

• Like Like x 3
    Keith_Show
  10. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Quality posts like these make me want to learn how to play NHL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    Good job as always my dude.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Z3R0CR45H

Z3R0CR45H It's been Fun All

Discord:
    Z3R0CR45H#0073
    Ratings:
    +528 / 29 / -37
    Terrible Goalie here... also at least in this ranking the Nucks aren't the worst team

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. xChyzz

xChyzz Average Player, Exceptional Human Being

Discord:
    Chyz#5743
    Ratings:
    +520 / 18 / -36
    Should be a 1st line winger here

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Chyz
  14. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    Thanks man. First time anyone has given me kind words in one of these.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    JEEEEEEBS
  15. Wadden l32l

Wadden l32l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 6 / -23
    Woohoo I'm a top 3rdliner

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    wadden32
  16. MrMalice25

MrMalice25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +603 / 90 / -106
    Great write up and I appreciate the mention.

• Like Like x 1
    mrmalice25
  17. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    Solid defensively but might not provide much offense? Hmmm. Yeah, that's about right tbh

• Funny Funny x 1
    selke1
  18. Nraimondi44

Nraimondi44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 1 / -1
    Ducks in 7

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Nraimondi44

Nraimondi44 Well-Known Member

Ratings: