S31 Masterton Trophy FInalists

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by donnybrah, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Who should win the Season 31 Masterton Trophy?

1. Im Gonna Pre

17.5%
  2. Stoner x 95

46.0%
  3. JackD00P

19.0%
  4. JerseyDevils 27

11.1%
  5. Follisimo

1.6%
  6. lB U C K

4.8%
  1. donnybrah

donnybrah Better At EASHL Than Im4thLineWorthy

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    The Masterton Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the LGNHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to virtual ice hockey.

[​IMG]

Candidate #1 - @Im Gonna Pre

Hands up if you've been on a bad team before and got all big-ego'd out there, requesting a trade to try to get the hell out of Vattyville or Snoopy Town to actually have some fun playing Chel with the boys on LG. We've all been there. That's what @Im Gonna Pre did.

The [​IMG] Devils have traded xMongeon to the [​IMG] Panthers for Im Gonna Pre

So, traded to a marginal team that's still kind of in the playoff race, I'm sure he's pumped. Week later? SEE YA.

The [​IMG] Devils have traded Im Gonna Pre to the [​IMG] Sabres for JTavares l91l

Sabres! Buffalo! Not the worst place to go, ya know, he could've ended up on a worse team. Fun biggies in LG? Not so fast!

The [​IMG] Sabres have traded Im Gonna Pre & 4th Round Pick & 4th Round Pick to the [​IMG]Wild for 1st Round Pick & Mr SaWse

Ah hell, not again. Now, the Wild are actually half decent at this point and it might be a semi-decent time. Maybe? I dunno. And then, tragedy strikes.

The [​IMG] Panthers have traded 4th Round Pick & shredda vI56I to the [​IMG] Wild for Im Gonna Pre & 2nd Round Pick

I'm going home! To the place where I belong! Im Gonna Pre gets sent back to Florida with the infamous Poopie Snoopy and it turns out, guy shows up for 26 of 27 in a season. Good guy there. Good guy.

[​IMG]

Candidate #2 - @Stoner x 95

Now, I'm really not sure if everyone knows just what Stoner did. Now, buddy thought he was a car mechanic and was changing his brakes one day and BOOM, broken hand. Guy comes into the discord chat talking about "Your captain may have broken his hand". So we're all obviously concerned, and then we see him typing in the Discord chat and this is what we see.. "Kid was ripping black ops with it last night and it was too bad... just can’t squeeze the roller or move ring or pinky finger".

Think about it like this.
    1 - Broken Hand occurs
    2 - Guy comes into the Discord chat before going to the doctor to tell 4th he broke his hand
    3 - Gets a cast, you know, the usual
    4 - Plays weeks and weeks of chel with a broken hand and a cast on his hand just to show how much he loves the biggies

WHAT HEART.

Now, what happens next embodies the Masterton and how this award really should be. The guy played for WEEKS with a broken hand, humming out there on the virtual ice with these Rangers to help us win some games. What a guy, right? Absolute beauty. Tons of heart. Captain of the Rangers.

[​IMG]

Candidate #3 - @JerseyDevils 27

I specifically dealt with Gulash this season. Guy's a great dude but man, oh, man, he has no clue what the hell is going on half the time. Doesn't really communicate well, not necessarily his fault but he's out to lunch. So, JerseyDevils 27 was actually having a good start to his season, winning a few games with the Islanders and then BOOM, traded to the Devils. At this time, the Devils are semi competitive and they've got a decent roster going there.

Guy gets traded to the Devils, is there two weeks, and then Gulash up and quits. JerseyDevils being the solid guy he is takes over the Devils and grinds it out, helping keep the Devils moving and keeps the team running. Good guy, great leader.

[​IMG]

Candidate #4 - @jackD00P

Jack is a very, very quality guy. Great human. Jack had a fantastic season 30, putting up 34 goals and going 21-4-3. So, season 31 rolls around, and he gets a bid placed on him by the Devils who end up with him, Bass, and a bunch of other talented players. Fine, right? Wrong.

The [​IMG] Devils have traded Koho & xXShadillacXx & 2nd Round Pick & 3rd Round Pick & jackD00P to the [​IMG] Predators for Gerbe x 42 & Jaw Ache & JTavares l91l (2018-10-17 11:35pm)

The [​IMG] Canucks have traded B0SS of B0SSES & 4th Round Pick & silentsoljacuz4 to the [​IMG] Predators for CaLL Me NiT & jackD00P (2018-11-02 04:29pm)

The [​IMG] Blues have traded Bureee & Sbass19 to the [​IMG]Canucks for jackD00P & Hopkins 28 (2018-11-15 08:36pm)

The [​IMG] Blues have traded jackD00P & PlayboiPryme to the [​IMG] Flames for 1st Round Pick & 1st Round Pick & 2nd Round Pick & 3rd Round Pick & TheCoach96 & Pandaleupagus (2018-11-23 12:32am)

This guy Jack got traded between the following teams.

Devils (27-48-5)
    Blues (22-54-3)
    Canucks (26-47-2)
    Predators (33-40-7)
    Flames (27-44-7)

The four worst teams in the Western Conference and the 3rd worst team in the Eastern Conference, and this guy Jack still managed to show up and play his games. Every week. What a trooper.

[​IMG]
    Candidates #5 & 6 - @Follisimo and @IB U C IK

These two both have the same situation. Trash can teams, but both of these fellas put their hearts and souls in the biggies to ensure that their team would never have to go without a goalie.

Buck
    Record: 22-28 (team record of 28-48-5)
    Save %: 84.1%
    GAA: 2.34
    Shutouts: 3

Follisimo
    Record: 10-40 (team record of 23-54-1)
    Save %: 75.1%
    GAA: 3.90
    Shutouts: 0

This guy Follisimo played FIFTY games and didn't get a shutout in net. What an absolutely diabolical roster. Buck on the other hand ended up with some really, really good stats. Without Buck in net, his team went 6-20. That's pretty spectacular stuff and these guys REALLY embody the living for Chel lifestyle that this award is all about.

Make sure you vote for who you think loves chel the most and grinded through the most hardship to have a positive outcome this season!

• Like Like x 3
    donnybrah
  2. Tb ToXiC

Tb ToXiC Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Tb Toxic#1016
    Ratings:
    +444 / 17 / -13
    @J a IMI e S x22 is a snub. Stuck with poopy snoopy for 2 season never complained and always showed. Great guy

• Like Like x 7
    tjbarone81
  3. donnybrah

donnybrah Better At EASHL Than Im4thLineWorthy

Discord:
    donnybrah#0690
    Ratings:
    +290 / 29 / -40
    I don't select the nominees, but sounds like an absolutely amazing fella. Props to James for grinding it out for the boys.

donnybrah
  4. l Dings l

l Dings l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,051 / 68 / -126
    @Stoner x 95 is a pure breed sniper, you just can't teach it.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. l Yahtzeee l

l Yahtzeee l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 35 / -70
    How the Fuck was I not nominated for this.

Nguadagna
  6. KosmicEA

KosmicEA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kosmicnhl#0
    Ratings:
    +129 / 2 / -14
    • Winner Winner x 1
    KosmicEA