S31 Stanley Cup Preview: Rags vs. Quack

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by shutthegate, Jan 19, 2019.

1. shutthegate

shutthegate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +332 / 13 / -16
    As beta week arrives, two teams remain to battle it out in the New York Rangers from the East and the Anaheim Ducks out of the West. Now lets get right into the breakdown and how both teams got here.

:team12:New York Rangers:team12: (3rd in the East, 109 pts)

Eastern Round 1: Defeated NYI 4-1

Eastern Qtrs: Defeated PHI 4-3

Eastern Semi: Defeated MTL 4-3

@Im4thLineWorthy has the boys humming once again reaching the cup final for the second time in the last three seasons. Coming off two game 7 victories and a reverse sweep, the rags are buzzing and it will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum going this series. Regardless of the outcome this week , Evan is a winner on and off the ice, just ask @ySnowy.

Forwards
    No single line has gotten the Rangers this far which may sound concerning but it is a testament to the contributions they're getting from every forward. Not counting game 7, only one line has played more than two games together all playoffs which may make line matching a little more difficult for Anaheim. In the game 7 victory over Montreal @Gilleh showed he's still a big game player and with the series being played on the beta tuner that should only benefit him. @mferra32 has also had some big time playoff performances as of late and his great two-way game will be needed if New York wants to bring it home. There is probably no one on the team that wants this cup more than @Givemedings16. One thing is certain, Dings will be playing with a lot of emotions and will be a huge part to whatever line he plays with this week. The boys definitely missed @Lyons x 63 last week but if he's back look for him to play with his fellow sniper @Stoner x 95. If those two can get going and get a win it will be huge. My x-factors for the rags are @donnybrah and @Vcek. Donny has had a great playoff run sitting at 4-1-1 chipping in 9 points while playing with different lines almost every game. If donny can maintain his consistent play the Rangers will be in good shape. I made Vcek my other x-factor because first off at 500k the man is a steal. Josh did lose a bit of interest in the game mid season which I don't think many people can blame him for..#gamesucks. But he did come ready for playoffs and has been clutch in some big games. Something tells me he will be depended on in a big game and New York will need him to deliver.
    Defense
    Looking at this group it is balanced all-around with @Po1andsFinest leading the unit showing everyone yet again that he can drop back to defense and play it at an elite level. He will likely paired with his good pal
    @jewbawkka a crafty player in the offensive zone, he will do his do his job on both sides when needed. @Lingross is a hummer from the blue line and has been doing an outstanding job alongside @Dualtz, another creative defender who will surely lay the body all series. @PeteyMaCx11 and @l Semp l were two great late additions to the team and they make up one of the better third line pairs in the league. Semp is another guy hungry for a first cup and he will have to defeat his former team to achieve it.
    Goaltending
    Having a veteran between the pipes is always key in making a deep run and New York has two in @BizyBounce the Con Symthe winner and cup champion from two seasons ago, along with @l Murray x 30 l a defending Stanley Cup champion who was outstanding in their run a season ago. These two will need to play at a high level all series considering all the firepower offensively that the Ducks will throw at them. A game could be stolen from either one of these net minders so watch for them to play a huge part in the outcome of this series.

:team31:Anaheim Ducks:team31: ( 2nd in the West, 120 pts)

Western 1st Round: Defeated LA 4-1:sadegg:

Western Qtrs: Defeated ARI 4-3

Western Semi: Defeated COL 4-2

@CaLL Me Jakoo has built this powerhouse over the span of multiple seasons with the same core intact and it has paid off for him this season with his squad looking like an early favorite and then living up to the hype all year.
    Forwards
    Not one move or change was made to this group following bidding which shows the impressive amount of chemistry between each line and a great job by Jakoo in getting the few gems that he needed on great contracts. The veteran line @x1x Datsyuk x3x @Trobs @Girgss played in tight tough games all season and have excelled so far in the playoffs as well. Girgs loves his chel and I expect him to create some great plays with his brother, thumbs and toes. I haven't played against Trobs much but I do know that he has the skill and playmaking to be the best player on the ice. Next up the Rated R line @Yahter @CaLL Me Jakoo @DeLong x 22 has been something else this season, ask Jak about their xbox parties :D. But all jokes aside this line has played together for multiple seasons, their puck movement is insane and they have gotten hot as of late reeling off two big wins last week. Jakoo has quick thumbs to go along with his speedy build and he's a major force behind the net. Yahtzee loves his flashy dekes and when he bangs them home he will let you know about it. Delong loves his chel and will be leaving it all out there with this likely being his final season for a while. Lastly is @KosmicEA @OBrien x 8 @No Regretzkys. If this is considered a third line then it's one of the better one's I've ever seen no question. A 4-1-1 from the line tells you all you need to know. At least a split is expected from them every series and a 2-0 week isn't a surprise for these guys. I first heard about kosmic from all the Anaheim guys after he was won for 500k, ya you heard that right. I can't wait to see the guy LT in the new tuner. Obrien brings a great two-way game to the line and is no doubt the best chirper on the team, sorry Yahtzee. Regretzkys, the former number one pick, is another guy with incredible thumbs and has had a great second year, finding a lot of success with the puck moving build on right wing.

Defense
    The defense saw quite a few more changes compared to the guys up front but in the end it looks very balanced with a ton of great contracts. @Odieeeeee has already achieved his goal of eliminating @P3k1ng DuK so there really shouldn't be any pressure for him this week. We all know what OD is capable of as a top tier defender and if he can find his cut plays his line will likely be successful. I think @xXShadillacXx wants to win more than anyone because he wants to finish first in the LG pickem contest. On the ice Shad doesn't try to get fancy and can be counted on to do his job this series. @Ca Na Da 4L has to be one of the most improved defenseman in the league this year. He was awesome last year in his rookie season but I think many will agree he's elevated his game in NHL 19. @GONGSH0W is a vet that has plenty of playoff experience as of late and is well worth the 750k. @l Chelios x24 l is a very aggressive dman that loves to move the puck and when he does speak all you hear is " oops I'm lagging" @Haunted Avocado has only
    played in just three total playoff games but JJr has told me that he "cooks" so hopefully he's around this week.

Goaltending
    The Ducks have their own experienced duo in net with @l Wall x 31 l @l V a s l . Wall has remarkable stats so far in the playoffs posting a 9-2-1 record with a 91 save % and 1.35 GAA. Vas showed last season he comes alive in the big games winning the cup and Con Symthe. Mainly playing with the Odie line, if he's on his game this team will be hard to beat.

Side Notes
    "My line is smoking after beating @trevwings and @Arctic Blur 7-2.. QUACK"- @Yahter

" What the fuck is a Yahter"- @Im4thLineWorthy

Shoutout to Yahtzee for encouraging me to do this, was my first time so hopefully it wasn't too bad.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 29
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Funny Funny x 2
    shutthegate34
  2. l Yahtzeee l

l Yahtzeee l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 35 / -70
    This is actually Hilarious haha you killed this write up brotha

• Like Like x 1
    Nguadagna
  3. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    WHAT. A. READ.

Love it

No Streaming Account
  4. Arctic Blur

Arctic Blur Vertigo #91

Discord:
    blur91#0
    Ratings:
    +182 / 7 / -14
    the fact that yahtzee quacked in that side note hurts more than the actual loss

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    arcticblur
  5. Neaverth

Neaverth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -3
    Honestly have no idea who I want to win, jakoo drafted me but in doing so dropped me down to the ahl where stoner and company helped me solidify myself in lg. For me it’s my buffalo New York boys vs guys who helped me make a name for myself, ik I’m excited as anyone to watch this series through

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. xSHADILLACx

xSHADILLACx #1 in the #2 business!

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -7
    Thanks for the mention @shutthegate. I definitely wanna win both trophies lol. Great read bro

• Like Like x 2
    ssmotorsports
  7. l Meezyy l

l Meezyy l @MeezyNHL

Ratings:
    +49 / 8 / -11
    Love my DxN boys!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. OBxOBrien

OBxOBrien Well-Known Member

Discord:
    OBrien#0102
    Ratings:
    +98 / 11 / -17
    • Like Like x 2
    obxobrien
  9. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    This series could be one for the ages, 2 amazing teams facing off and then you have the tuner dropped days be4 the finals start, who ever finds their game on the beta tuner will most likely prevail, myself i do see this series going the distance with the heart attack rags and their gm7 magic its only fitting this should go to 7, no matter who wins i think this will be some of the best hockey we have seen in a while, best of luck to both teams

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account