Media [S32 W2] Behind The Numbers

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Mar 2, 2019.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Here we go. Week 2 has come and gone. So let's dive into the top 3 scorers on offense & defense along with the top 3 goalies. Once again skaters ranked on point totals while goalies are ranked on save percentage.

** My opinions only. I don't care if you get upset over them. :) **

OFFENSE
    1. :team307: @Murdss - 17P [7G 10A] - Murds had a pretty good week one and followed that up with an obvious great week two. A 3-0 week to be exact with wins over Providence :team352: (8-6-4), Wilkes-Barre :team301: (9-8-1), & Lehigh Valley :team302: (11-7-0). The win over the Bruins didn't come against their top talent and even included a mid game lagout that forced an ECU to fill in. Nonetheless, Murds was able to put up 5 ponts against a veteran in @Oh So Country and a team that has been holding strong so far this season. Moving on to the Baby Pens win, I'd like to begin by saying I wish this win had come against their stronger lineup. The forwards from Wilkes-Barre in this game rank 1, 4, & 7 on the team in giveaways (215 GA). That's in 2 weeks! Finally, the win against Lehigh put Murds up against another line that has an enormous amount of giveaways (219), but have in my opinion a little more talent than those in Wilkes-Barre. The only downfall of this matchup was the not so good to average d-pairing along with the Phantoms backup goalie being in net instead of @JTuuc who had a very good week.

2. :team515: @Soxfan7744 - 15P [6G 9A] - Soxfan had a nice 3-0 week for the Condors. Unfortunately, they are in one of the toughest divisions and remain in last place. Only 5 points out of a playoff spot though! The 3 wins this week came against Laval :team778: (2-16-0), Syracuse :team309: (12-5-1), and Binghamton :team303: (10-8-0). I really can't say much for the win against the Rocket. They are the worst team in the league and the second worst team is 7 points ahead of them. Talent isn't the best on that team and it shows. As long as they gut it out or turn it around is all that matters. The secnd win of the week was a very good quality win. Soxfan and his linemates handed @hawksfan20 @Gregorian x 94 @larry1790 and @TheGreatOneQC their only loss of the season so far in a 4-1 win. It wasn't the best of games for the Crunch goalie, @NigelFromTinder , who gave up those 4 goals on only 9 shots. Soxfan managed to score a point on all 4 goals. There is some variation in how the players for the Devils are playing this season in the third win of the week. The forwards (minus the ECU @I Am Wonger ) are playing great this season in combining for 31 points. Their defense on the other hand is pretty bad. With a combined 2-10-0 this season, @J MeeHoff and @JKGrizzle , need to step up their games. They've played better in the past. Soxfan was able to capitalize on this mediocre defense and put up a 6 points in this game. Two out of the three wins came against playoff teams as of right now. I do have to mention though that this is the weakest division.

T3. :team314: @Scumbag Jared - 13P [3G 10A] - Hello Jared! Welcome back to the AHL you shitter ;). Jared went 3-0 this week with wins against Manitoba :team307: (11-6-1), Rockford :team349: (5-10-4), & Chicago :team395: (9-7-2). Jeeze you and @Im4thLineWorthy really know how to pick them. So Jared played against the all around worst line for Manitoba...and only won 2-1. I'm not sure if I should praise Moose goalie @x Leddy x here or just laugh at the Wolfpack boys. Like seriously, that Manitoba line has a combined record of 6-12-3. And they used an ECU. Let's move on to win number 2 on the week against the Ice Hogs. Fun fact here. The Ice Hogs used to be where 4th and Jared dominated and won back to back Presidents trophies, only to lose in the loffs. Not much to say in Jared's win against Rockford as it was a 7-0 thrashing and frankly what should have happened against the Moose in the first game. If you put 20 shots on net in a game, you should definitely win. Especially with what EA does with the puck. The last win of the week against the Wolves involved 2 of the top 5 scorers on the team in @K11LA K 915 & @Dangle l16l . But when you throw in an ECU dman against Jared & 4th who have played together for many seasons and in club, you're going to get burned. Come on @I Matheson I , you know better.

T3. :team307: @NJ Zajac 19 - 13P [6G 7A] - Well Zajac plays on the same line as our #1 forward of the week, Murds, so I am not going to repeat myself when it comes to who he beat. So let's give you some more inforation about him instead. Zajac is 5-1-0 on the season and currently sits in 4th in the league in points with 21 (9G 12A). He has won 59.9% of his faceoffs which is top 15 in the league for those who have played 6 games. And he only has 5 PIMs. I am going to think it was a boarding call and not a fight (because if you fight in LG, you're scum). The last thing I am going to say is that he needs to play better competition. It was much better in week 2 than it was in week 1.

DEFENSE
    T1. :team301: @Krvstoffer - 6P [2G 4A] - My ESHL teammate (even though he is a goalie) shows up this week in my write-up. A 2-1 week for Kris with wins against Rockford :team349: and Texas :team300: (6-10-2). His only loss came to San Antonio :team363: (11-6-1) in a 4-2 fashion. This looked like it was a very close game with every stat very close to one another. The Baby Pens threw out their top line and the Rampage had their T1 point scorer on their team in the game. I think the Rampage's advantage was their goalie who we will touch on later ;). The first of two wins this week came against Rockford and looked to be like a back and forth game based on that stats. 8-4 win with a combined 33 shots and over 15 min TOA. This is the game where Kris gobbled up his points with 1G and 3A. The other win of the week against the Stars came against some of the worst players on the team. The Stars seem to have only one line and that was not the line to play against Kris. I'm sure this game was a nice coast to a win game. Too bad he could only manage to accumulate 1 point.

T1. :team317: @Tubbyturbo13 - 6P [0G 6A] - Turbo is another dman to go 2-1 this week. He sandwiched his wins, Springfield :team617: (6-10-2) & Tucson :team618: (10-7-1), with a loss against San Jose :team519: (12-5-1). So Turbo won his first game of the week over Springfield and that's nothing to be excited about as Springfield is dead last in their division and they used 2 ECU's. So let's move on to the win against Tucson. Well the Roadrunners are my new team after I was traded this week and yeah I can see why. 26 shots allowed for Tucson in this game. Turbo was able to play some shutdown defense in this 6-0 win with a +3 TA/GA and even got 2 apples. The only loss on the record this week came to the hands of the Barracuda and no need to even worry about that. Turbo went up against the Barracuda's top line who is a combined 29-1-0 this season. Not to mention facing a goalie who only has a 1.64 GAA this season. The Monsters were in this game as well. Only losing by 1 to that line is nothing to get down about.

T1. :team516: @Dimitri x 91 - 6P [0G 6A] - Dimitri is the first person to make his return to the top scorers in back to back weeks now. Not that it is a surprise playing on a good team and being one of the best dmen in the AHL. Well there are another 3 wins this week that include Binghamton :team303:, Cleveland :team317: (5-11-2), & Rochester :team312: (12-6-0). Unlike last week, Dimitri was not apart of any shutouts. I'm going to give a quality win against Rochester as it was one of their better lines who Dimitri went up against (Rapidz boys and Vincent who was a T1 points leader in week 1). We already discussed the Devils line when we talked about Soxfan in the forwards section. But this time @PartyDrew was playing with his linemates instead of them using an ECU. I still think the defense for Binghamton is not up to par when facing good teams like Stockton. Finally, the win against Cleveland was nothing special as it was against players who are not very good. I'd like to point out and give kudos to Dimitri for playing with a different ECU LD in all 3 of his games this week.

T1. :team309: @BukHockeyBandit - 6P [0G 6A] - Buk went 1-1-1 this week. I think he is the first person to be on here with an OTL in the first 2 weeks. That OTL came to Colorado :team625: (13-3-2) in his first game of the week. The win came against San Jose :team519: and the loss against Ontario :team517: (11-6-1). This OTL is even more crazy looking at it. Buk went up against the Eagles best 5-man line and some of the top point scorers on the team in a 4OT game. Yes that's right. 4 overtimes! That's one hell of a game. The loss to Ontario was only 2-1. The sad thing about it is that they only had 9 shots against Buk and the Crunch. The d-pairing for the Reign isn't very good on paper either, so not sure what went wrong. Maybe @BlaNchet98 stood on his head. Finally, the win for Buk was a beauty. A 4-0 shutout where the Crunch outshot the Barracuda 23-8 and doubled their TOA. Buk was able to join in on the fun here where he amassed 3 out of his 6 points.

T1. :team362: @Beta Dreams - 6P [3G 3A] - Beta made it on the thread. He finished the week 3-0 with wins over Providence :team352:, Bridgeport :team315: (14-4-0), and Charlotte :team393: (8-8-2). A 2OT win against Providence can easily be explained. Iowa ran out an ECU dman and winger while Providence had their veteran "lost their thumbs" dmen and jdj on offense. No offense to jdj, but he just isn't the best. Looks like Willard took a 5 min major in the game and Providence did not capitalize. Could have been a big difference maker. The second win of the week for Beta came against the first place Soundtigers. Although it was against 2 ECU's and their lesser talented players. This was not a good game for either goalie, and instead was fantastic for all 5 players on Iowa. Beta managed to snag 4 out of his 6 points this week in this game (2G 2A). The last win of the week against the Checkers was actually against some pretty good players. Charlotte was even able to win the TOA and shots battle. Iowa capitalized on their powerplay by going 2 for 2, but I have to give it to Beta and the rest of his linemates for keeping a pretty good line in check. Like I did for Dimitri, I want to give props to Beta for playing with an ECU dman in all 3 games. At least it was the same guy!

GOALIE (min 4 GP)
    1. :team625: @FriskyBeaverr - 94.4 SV% [4-0-0 0.64 GAA] - Wow! These are some good numbers Frisky. Wins against Toronto :team298: (5-12-1)), Texas :team300:, Rochester :team312:, & Belleville :team777: (6-10-2). So Toronto improved on their record from last week where I basically chose not to discuss them. All I am going to say here is that Frisky faced 2 shots in this game. That's it. Seriously. Not kidding. The next win for Frisky came against the one line Stars who by the way was not the line that he faced. And you know that if you play anyone else, it's pretty much easy street. Hey Texas did outshoot Colorado 13 to 11. How many were turds? I really wish I could give Frisky a quality win, but even this Rochester game is hard to look at. @l Semp l and @General Jobo are usually pretty good on defense, but I think Semp is still drinking out of the Stanley Cup that he won last season and Jobo is joining in on the fun. It's hard to play against this Colorado Eagles team. You have to bring your A+ game. The last win against the Senators actually brought some action to Frisky's net. He faced 27 shots and only gave up 1 goal. He did face a very mediocre offensive unit, but good defensive pairing. By the way the d-pairing each have more points than the forward line. Jeeze.

2. :team363: @TheCheetahlo 33 - 93.5 SV% [4-1-0 0.79 GAA] - So remember how I said I'd mention a goalie when I talked about Kris. Well here he is. Four wins against Hershey :team350: (8-9-1), Hartford :team314: (12-5-1), Wilkes-Barre :team301:, & Providence :team352:. The lone loss for Cheetah was to Bridgeport :team315:. At least the loss to the Soundtigers came against their undefeated line. A 2-1 loss where Brideport scored their 2 goals in the 3rd period. Almost an insane win for Cheetah and the Rampage. Cheetah got his first win against Hershey playing against a very mediocre team overall, but it was some of their top point scorers. Only facing 6 shots in a game can be both great and irritating, but he took home a 1-0 shutout. Anotehr big shutout win over Hartford is something to be proud about. yeah @l Stastny26 l and his linemates had a bad week, but they are proven good players in the league. Stastny was just atop the forwards section in this write-up a week ago. It was a beatdown. 25 shots to 8. Hartford looks like they need to stay out of the box too. I already mentioned the win against the Baby Pens when I mentioned the loss for Kris. Cheetah went up against the Baby Pens best line and pulled off a fantastic win against a group of forwards who seem to be playing well together. The last win for Cheetah in the last game of the week against the Bruins was a win that wasn't fantastic, but also wasn't against shitters. Pulling off a 3rd shutout of the week is something to be proud of though. Especially when 2 ECU's played for San Antonio in this game. Kudos to everyone who played in front of Cheetah this week in helping him get these shutouts.

3. :team515: @igetblunted247 - 92.9 SV% [3-1-0 1.00 GAA] - Blunted started off his week with a 1-0 loss to Belleville :team777:, but turned it around with wins against Laval :team778:, San Antonio :team363:, & Binghamton :team303:. I was part of that 1-0 loss to Belleville. Blunted faced 6 shots all game while myself, @Binxzyy , & @KaberIe could not bury the puck in the back of the net on any of the 12 shots we attempted combined. I talked about the Laval win when I talked about Blunted's teammate Soxfan earlier. Just really no competeition in that game. Oh hey I was part of the 4-1 win against the Rampage. Blunted faced 24 shots in this game against the @Dan Hutton line. In a game where Bakersfield had to use an ECU LD, Blunted was able to put his best game forward and make some big saves when it counted. The final win of the week for Blunted came aganst the Devils line that I again mentioned when I talked about Soxfan. The using of Wonger as an ECU isn't bad. Wonger has played in LG for many seasons and is one of the better ECU's to use. I again just think Binghamton needs to fix their defense in order to help out their offense. Scoring 5 goals a game is not an easy task. We will see if Blunted faces some of these top teams inside the division this upcoming week. It will be a big test to see if the Condors can hang with the big boys.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +542 / 37 / -48
    Smitter24
  3. Krvstoffer