S32 Week 1 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Feb 21, 2019.

1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Salty#8634
    Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Every week I will do a power rankings system of all 31 teams with a bit of commentary if you will. Much like the real life NHL and NFL type rankings. In my commentary I try to justify why I put a team where I did to kind of lower the heat i'll assuredly take from this. Please understand these are solely my opinions and put my time and research into the statistics easy or not. Without further adieu, please enjoy!

Week 1 Power Rankings:

1. Rochester Americans – (8-1-0) with wins over Hartford, Belleville and a convincing shutout over the previously undefeated Sound Tigers. They take the 1st spot this week.

2. Bridgeport Sound Tigers – (8-1-0) Tigers take the 2nd spot behind the only team that beat them in week 1. They get the west central in week 2. Look for them to maintain this spot.

3. San Jose Barracuda – (7-2-0) The Cuda find themselves on top of the division with big wins over San Antonio, Colorado and a slapping of San Diego. In what seems to be a tight division yet again will they falter like the s31 cuda?

4. WBS Penguins – (6-3-0) I have the pens at 4 because they beat Belleville and gave Rochester and Syracuse their only losses this week. So, based off strength of opponents beaten they get number 4.

5. Syracuse Crunch – (8-1-0) The crunch are tied with the best record, however I have them rounding out the top 5 for two reasons. 1. WBS gave them their only loss and 2. The combined records of the teams they beat were 26-41-5. Regardless 8 wins is 8 wins so they get number 5.

6. Stockton Heat – (6-2-1) The heat with their only signature win coming via shutout over the cuda had a solid week. They have some things to figure out after the Reiders line. But they’ll be in the top 5 soon enough.

7. Hartford Wolf Pack – (6-2-1) I would have the pack higher but based off just one week the level of competition is just behind the above teams. They lost to both Rochester and Bridgeport. They’ll bounce back in week 2.

8. Manitoba Moose – (6-3-0) The moose get the eighth spot solely because they lead the division. They didn’t really have a signature win in what seems to be a weak division to start. They get the tough Eastern Atlantic in week 2. Will they move up or down?

9. San Antonio Rampage – (6-3-0) 2nd place via tiebreaker the rampage had wins over Stockton and Colorado. They too will face the Atlantic in week 2.

10. Providence Bruins (5-2-2) The bruins finish week 1 with 12 points good enough for 4th place in a crowded division. They had a signature win over the wolf pack but couldn’t cap the momentum by losing the crunch. Jdj and crew have an act for starting hot but…. it’s not how you start. They round out the top ten.

11. Grand Rapids Griffins – (5-4-1) Signature wins over SJ, Stockton and Manitoba, I have the griffs 11 for this reason. Two top west teams and their division leader. They have their work cut out for them in week 2. Will they crack the top 10?

12. Iowa Wild – (5-2-2) The wild are a top the griffins in the standings but behind them in the PR. Because Mackie is on the team and I like chitown more. But I love Giroux enough to keep them at 12.

13. Tucson Roadrunners – (5-4-0) Roadrunners get the 13 spot bases off solid wins over Stockton and Grand Rapids. They get the eastern north in week 2. Look for them to climb

14. Colorado Eagles – (5-3-1) The eagles are behind the roadrunners because their only good win came over the division leading moose on opening night. They too will try to climb with the north looming in week 2.

15. Hershey Bears – (5-4-0) The bears surprise this week in the top half on the rankings with 5 wins good enough for 5th place. In there four losses they scored 1 goal or less. Got to score to win.

16. Lehigh Valley Phantoms – (5-4-0) Just behind the bears are the phantoms with signature wins over Belleville and WBS. These phantoms will make a significant jump in week 2 with the West Central coming to town.

17. San Diego Gulls – (5-4-0) Rounding out the last of the teams with winning records are the Gulls. Solid week one with wins over GRG, Colorado and Tucson these Gulls will look to move up the division and the rankings come the close of week 2.

18. Ontario Reign – (4-4-1) The reign had an early 3-0 lead on the heat. And then they blew it. They also had back to back shutouts against Iowa and Bakersfield in which they were not on the good side. They’ll look to rebound in week 2.

19. Bakersfield Condors – (4-5-0) After a tough 4 game losing streak in which they were shutout twice. The condors rebounded by going 4-1 in the final 5 games including wins over GRG and Iowa. Bakersfield has some tough matchups in week 2. Expect them to stay in the lower half of the rankings.

20. Binghamton Devils – (4-5-0) The devils started off the week 0-3 but also managed 4 wins out of the next 6 including an OT victory over Belleville. Good enough to sit in 3rd place of a weak North currently. They have matchups with the entire Western Pacific in week 2.

21. Belleville Senators – (3-5-1) A mid-week losing streak of 4 ended up costing the three time champs a shot at a winning week. Losses to Hershey, LH and Binghamton will have the sens looking to regroup and get them atop the rankings for week 2.

22. Texas Stars – (3-4-2) – A five game losing streak to open the season including an 8-0 loss to current last place Bakersfield is not how Texas wanted to get started. It won’t get any easier for them visiting the Eastern Atlantic in week 2. Look for them to slide on down lower next week.

23. Rockford Ice Hogs – (2-4-3) The hogs were also another team to start with a 5-game losing streak but salvaged the week with wins against Milwaukee and Texas. They also squeaked out 1 point in 3 additional overtime games but were unsuccessful in getting the extra point.

24. Cleveland Monsters – (3-5-1) The monsters started off 2-0 and then quickly dropped six straight. They get the Western Pacific next week to try and rebound.

25. Charlotte Checkers – (3-5-1) A three game losing streak followed by a two-game winning streak followed up with another two-game losing streak. A win and then another loss…to Laval. Not a good start for the checkers who will look to have a better week 2 and look for consistency.

26. Springfield Thunderbirds – (3-5-1) Another team with a five-game losing streak however salvaging the week with wins over Lehigh Valley, Utica and Hershey. I don’t see them moving up into the top 20 for week 2.

27. Milwaukee Admirals – (3-6-0) The admirals started off hot winning 3 of 4 including a win over San Antonio. But then dropped 5 straight to end the week in which they scored 8 goals in 5 games. 5 goals coming in one of the games. Frostic is a long-time vet, he’ll get this team going. He’ll have his work cut out for him in a tough week 2.

28. Chicago Wolves – (2-5-2) The wolves entered week 1 with a seven-game losing streak. Oof. They managed to beat Tucson and Manitoba to end the week, can they build off this and gain momentum for week 2?

29. Utica Comets – (2-6-1) The comets had two losing streaks of 3 games in week 1. There only wins came off Binghamton and Laval. They get the pacific in week 2 where it won’t get any easier.

30. Toronto Marlies – (2-7-0) Three multiple game losing streaks doomed the Marlies for week 1. They beat Laval also and Utica. Ballzy was waived after just two games and villy hasn’t done much better. Maybe they should trade for Vezina back and give him a shot. Things can’t get much worse, can they?

31. Laval Rocket – (1-8-0) Dudley and the rocket didn’t get much of a shot pre-bidding nor afterwards. Multiple guys wanted out pre-season and losing eight in a row won’t help much either. But hey you ended your week with a win so that counts for something. 31st in week 1’s power rankings.

Feel free to leave feedback in the comments of things you might want to see added or removed. I know some of you like the lengthy in detail reads and others like it short and sweet. I am trying to implement both ideas. A Long read with short detail.

Thanks again and hope you enjoyed. See you again in week 2!

• Like Like x 41
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Neekoe

Neekoe S32 Calder Champ Baybay

Ratings:
    +41 / 20 / -9
    :team312:

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    :team301:

• Like Like x 2
    LordSkahgz
  4. TripAcez

TripAcez Aye Stop De Puck

Discord:
    TripAcez#0388
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -10
    Awesome writeup good read

TripAcez
  5. Polar4124

Polar4124 Selling bodily fluids, pm for prices

Discord:
    Polar#6488
    Ratings:
    +181 / 35 / -36
    • Like Like x 2
    I6IPolarI6I
  6. Chyeeet

Chyeeet Bruh man fif floo.

Discord:
    y e e e t#6086
    Ratings:
    +153 / 6 / -19
    Nice write up.

No Streaming Account
  7. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    Slackton

• Like Like x 1
    DunksDynasty
  8. Black Paperclip

Black Paperclip Blessed, Next Question

Discord:
    Black paperclip#9105
    Ratings:
    +155 / 35 / -12
    No need to say slapping lmao :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    VSGPaperclip
  9. K11LA K

K11LA K The Golden Bull

Discord:
    k11la_k#0
    Ratings:
    +1,399 / 101 / -76
    I was a Cuda for a week:sadegg:

• Like Like x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    K11LA_K_915
  10. Ezreal

Ezreal Manic Men

Discord:
    sainnnner#0
    Ratings:
    +675 / 21 / -96
    No Streaming Account
  11. jtrim94

jtrim94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrim94#4533
    Ratings:
    +215 / 4 / -6
    Toronto Marlies – (2-7-0) Three multiple game losing streaks doomed the Marlies for week 1. They beat Laval also and Utica. Ballzy was waived after just two games and villy hasn’t done much better. Maybe they should trade for Vezina back and give him a shot.Things can’t get much worse, can they?

Yep I was the problem tho :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    vezytv1