S36 Best and Worst Contracts

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by RGDeded, May 28, 2020.

1. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    S36 Bidding Best and Worst Contracts

I will be posting my opinion of each teams best and worst contracts and giving each team and overall grade for their bidding. Keep in mind this only applies for players won in bidding so before I get shit for Thibodd not being Chicago’s best contract or some other shit shutup because you obviously didn’t read the first 2 sentences of this post.

Anaheim Ducks

Best- o BlueDream I

Blue are 500k is a very nice pickup and will have success making the switch to forward. He has pretty good thumbs and playing with quality players will keep his numbers elevated

Worst- xDream21

This was a tough one to pick because they also had another awful bid in Welsey at 5.5. Dream is going to produce and really hold down a relatively weak back end but jesus man nobody is worth 11m.

Overall Bidding - C+

The Ducks hit on a few of their bids grabbing Xeno, Blue and Funky for cheap but the bad contracts are really going to handcuff them here moving forward and there are a few of them.

Arizona Coyotes

Best- Murdss

Murdss is easily going to be one of the best contracts in the league this season. He has proven success just shocked that nobody else would have thrown an additional bid on him

Worst- Kevin Fiala

I understand defensive bidding was pretty atrocious this season but 3.25 for Kevin Fiala might be worse than bidding itself. The one thing I remember about Fiala is a game not to long ago when I was scouting some CHL shitters and somebody said “ I feel so bad for this guy he is lost” that guy was Fiala.

Overall Bidding- B-

Arizona did decent in bidding locking up 2 solid goalies while not really having any crippling contracts but they also weren’t able to fill out a roster that puts them in the upper echelon on the league.

Boston Bruins

Best- ItsWilee

Wilee at 7m is a very fair contract for him considering on PSN he went for 12.5. He has already proven he is able to compete on the Xbox side putting up some pretty good numbers in ESHL and I expect him to continue his success in the LGHL.

Worst- Ix Lutvi xI

Lutvi is a very good player but he has also put himself in a category as one of the most toxic players in the league. Playing for a 1st time owner with low expectations around the league. An 8.5 contract is just too much of a risk especially on a team with quite a few toxic guys. Hopefully this contract doesn’t “Collapse!” Boston.

Overall Bidding - B

I was actually kind of surprised with how good Boston was able to do in bidding. They locked up some quality players just off names. A little deeper look into these names you will know why most of the guys went for the price tag. Between being toxic, unreliable or having awful avail this is a roster loaded with mystery.

Buffalo Sabres

Best- Regs84

Regs is an elite player although primarily a Hut guy and a defender in 6s going for 5m is a bargain with the caliber of players that went more than him. He has legit top line potential and the skill to show he could of easily went for more.

Worst-Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy took a few season off on the xbox side and took his talent to PSN where he put up very mediocre numbers on some very good teams. 3m for a dman you expect to play top line is great just not 3m for this dman.

Overall Bidding - B

Buffalo dug deep into the past for many of these bids getting some old heads on good contracts but from what I have seen quite a few of these guys are washed or out of position. The forward group is good and the goalie tandem might be the best in the league but on the defensive side on things it is going to be rough.

Calgary Flames

Best Contract- Karma l2l

I really like Karma at 500k and feel in this bidding he could have gone for a bit more as well. He has been consistent in ESHL throwing up some decent numbers there and depending how he is utilized he has a chance to really outplay his contract.

Worst Contract- Lauxey

6m for Lauxey is a cringey. If you watched Game 6 of the WCF last season you were scratching your head when you saw his price keep going up. Lauxey is a solid dman but not close to worth being 6. Being a beneficiary of playing with good players really inflated his price.

Overall Bidding- C-

Calgary got some value in Auggy at 8.5 and a good goalie tandem but up and down this roster you just wonder why they made these choices when so many better options were available for cheap. Just kind of confused with the thought process when shaping up this roster.

Carolina Hurricanes

Best Contract- Moran l19l

Moran has is going to be the Claus PSN stud this season and will bring some skill to the 2nd line in Carolina. He received a very fair 3m contract and I expect him to put up some big numbers playing with Jakoo or Claus.

Worst Contract- x Fisher 81

Fisher is a great player and one of the best forwards in the game but a 10m contract on D is a big yikes. Outside of Vape the back end doesn’t have much depth. This contract could have been used for 2-3 guys to add balance to the backend but now you are stuck with a 10m forward on D.

Overall Bidding- C

Carolina was able to lock up a solid goalie duo and some value contracts but like I mentioned before the 10m of fish could have and should have been utilized very differently.

Chicago Blackhawks-

Best Contract- Domi_x_13

Last season domi had a breakout season on PSN putting up all around good numbers but the big question for PSN guys is always how will they adjust to making the switch. I feel the pros outweigh the cons here and he should be able to replicate his success on this 500k contract.

Worst Contract- TiDanKiller6226

Tidan is a good player there is no doubt about that but his skill on PSN has never transferred over to the xbox side whether that’s in the LGHL, ESHL or Caps Gaming. 5.5 is just too much for him given the track record.

Overall Biding- D+

Maybe all the time celebrating the S35 Cup victory affected their plans going into S36 or adding R0tes on a 9m contract handcuffed them but they missed on bids up and down the roster. Thankfully they have one of the best management duos and possibly the best contract in the league or else this team would really be struggling coming into the regular season. I am sure Somebody is going to be dumb and help them fix their awful bidding with some gifts. Don’t be that guy don’t get traped.

Colorado Avalanche

Best Contract- Justdumpit

Justdumpit is an absolute freak in net and a very difficult goalie to play against as he can steal a game for you every time he is on the ice. Good 500k goalies are a necessity it seems and when you can get a great one it is always huge for your team.

Worst Contract- BTW8892

BTW had a great season we all know that but he is not a 6m player. I just don’t see the thought process on this one.

Overall Bidding- B

Colorado for the most part quality players at every position while only having 1 bad bid but at the very least it was a bad bid on a good player.

Columbus Blue Jackets

Best Contract- Koho

Koho at 3m is a bargain coming off a 6.25 contract the season before that saw him produce numbers you want from a player at that price. Overall he will provide great value for CBJ

Worst Contract- RoWsKi

Rowski was opened up at 1m in the last few hours of bidding. Wags has he reasoning and was just doing what he was told but that’s a 500k bid.

Overall Bidding- B-

It was tough to pull a bad contract here when there really isn’t one that stands out. The issue here is finishing bidding with 10m in cap, unless the plan here is to bone the AHL team for one of the high end guys in AHL bidding I just cant see a reason to finish bidding with all that cap and a roster full of depth guys.

Dallas Stars

Best Contract- dmemmz

Low risk high reward. Just hard to pick a good contract on this team.

Worst Contract- ZuKe Zuchengo

ZuKe took the last 2 seasons off and never really had a great season. He is this teams g7 RD and costs more than the other 5 members of the backend combined.

Overall Bidding- C-

Dallas got some big names who are going to produce as well as a solid goalie tandem for a combined 1m but the lack of defense is really going to hurt this team.

Detroit Red Wings

Best Contract- Dominator Silva

I would have expected Silva to go for more just because it’s a name most people know. Being able to lock that bid up for 500k after 3 very good seasons in a row is a huge win for Detroit.

Worst Contract- Focus TF

Focus is a great player and continually getting better but man 7m is a lot for him but I guess when you hit on just about every other contract you can splurge a little on someone.

Overall Bidding- B+

Detroit did a great job getting a few steals and then using that extra cap to lock in the guys they want.

Edmonton Oilers

Best Contract- The Gr8 Haxby

Haxby has looked more and more like the old gen player and absolutely buzzes game in and game out. He is probably one of the better RW’s in the LGHL and for him to be 3.5 is almost criminal.

Worst Contract- xGetAcedx

I don’t think this really is a bad contract but maybe it’s the one player who went for a little too much.

Overall Bidding- B

Edmonton was able to get quality at every position and they got the hands down best RD in bidding. I am sure people are wondering why I didn’t put Briere at 11 as the worst contract and the answer is because he was the only RD on the board who is a true G7 RD.

Florida Panthers

Best Contract- Vincennnzo

Vinny is a stud I have no idea how he went for 500k coming off a great season in Colorado. I thought he would be closer to 4 and every mgmt team should be kicking themselves for letting this happen.

Worst Contract- I Parksy x l76l

I know I rip on Gary in a lot of my media but he is the worst contact primarily because Florida did a very good job in bidding.

Overall Bidding- A

Florida got steal after steal after steal. I really don’t know what they could have done to have a much better bidding. Good work Florida.

Los Angeles Kings

Best Contract- N/A

Worst Contract- N/A

Overall Bidding- B+

LA did a pretty good job in bidding. They didn’t grab any steals but they also didn’t make any mistakes by overpaying for anyone. As long as the team trainer has Advil and Bengay stocked for the ol’ boys I expect a good season for LA.

Minnesota Wild

Best Contract- Duncan Queef

Everybody knew Deke was snaking with his 49ers tag but I am not sure why we all decided to let him go for 500k. 98 knows a steal when he sees one and locked his boy up for 3s.

Worst Contract- Viktomize

1m for Vik is fair he is a quality goalie but when you look at other goalies who went cheaper you feel you could have had a better pickup. Also I couldn’t imagine listening to Hopkins and Vik in the same discord that’s an absolute nightmare for me.

Overall Bidding- B

The Wild didn’t really do anything crazy in bidding while grabbing value at every position while also bringing in players they are familiar with. Just what you expect to see from a 98 ran team.

Montreal Canadiens

Best Contract- Ethan x 97

Ethan had some struggles last season and turned them around, won a cup and wait for it…… got paid less than last season. He is high end versatile player and Montreal will get great value out of this contract.

Worst Contract- stammerchel

Stammer is a good player but I don’t think he is 7.25 good. Granted bidding was weak but here you are paying more for a name than a player.

Overall Bidding - B+

Ray did a very good job grabbing player with chem and skilled players who should fit right in. As mentioned before I think 7.2 is a little too much for stammer but with how weak defensive bidding was you cant hate it that much.

Nashville Predators

Best Contract- o Big Tony o

Another player similar to Koho who got paid in previous seasons produced and took a pay cut. Great pickup for Nashville and this is a contract that will be a good contract probably for the next 4 seasons.

Worst Contract- Fatal l72l

Fatal is expected to carry this group defensively and I don’t think he is a guy who will be able to do that.

Overall Bidding- B

Nashville hit on quite a few bids and offensively and locked up a great goalie duo but the goalies and forwards are going to have to be near perfect to compensate for the lack of skill defensively.

New Jersey Devils

Best Contract- Fritz OGK

1.5 for a guy who at times might be the best player in the whole Universe is a steal. The issue is Fritz only has those moments every so often but when he does look out.

Worst Contract- Egokiller43

Typically when goalies make the switch to skater it isn’t pretty but Ego put up some good numbers in caps gaming and just playing with him the last few nights he has impressed me but always got to be suspect when goalies get skater bids.

Overall Bidding- B+

It is difficult going to bidding with 10m in cap and New Jersey was able to grab quality players to fill out their roster without really overpaying on anybody.

New York Islanders

Best Contract- l Hobbs l

Getting Hobbs to play next to his boy C M at 1.5 is a win for this forward group.

Worst Contract- INezzyI

Nezzy is a good player but 3m might be a touch overpaid.

Overall Bidding- A-

The Islanders did a surprisingly good job in bidding not really overpaying for anybody and getting quality players for reasonable prices. They might be lacking a little firepower somewhere in the lineup and a true starting goalie but overall they did a great job.

New York Rangers

Best Contract- Pattelite

500k for Patt is a steal.

Worst contact- KingClutch x 77

Clutch is a good player not a great player certainly not worth 5.5

Overall Bidding- C+

There aren’t really any awful contracts but besides pattelite there aren’t really any great ones. It seems they targeted a decent amount of west players when westing is a thing of the past.

Ottawa Senators

Best Contract- Im-Gods-Jesus

In the right situation this kid is dominant. A tough break on the island last season obviously pushed his price down but don’t be fooled he is worth much more than 750k.

Worst Contract- x JACOU x 86

Its been a few seasons since Jackz has done anything to warrant the 7m price tag but he is still a good player. Just maybe a little overpaid.

Overall Bidding- A-

Ottawa did a great job getting great players on great contracts at every position the only place they overpaid a bit is for a guy they have chem with.

Philadelphia Flyers

Best Contract- Magundee_Magoo

Papi Gonzales is a stud who can take over games offensively despite being a west coast guy he is efficient regardless of his ping. Great value pick for 500k

Worst Contract- Th3 I AnD 0n1y

Great goalie but there were so many great goalies you could have without paying a 1.75 cap hit.

Overall Bidding- B+

Overall the Philly guys did a great job getting primarily low risk high reward players on the roster. JJR and Slim do a great job building teams and this season was no exception.

Pittsburgh Penguins

Best Contract- wtfkevo

Great goalie, his connection is fixed and at 500k he really solidifies a dynamic goalie duo.

Worst Contract- Dieu Charlo

4.25 is just too much for Charlo on defense

Overall Bidding- B-

Pittsburgh was able to get a bunch of depth guys but they made quite a few risky bids relying on 3 forwards to anchor the Defense.

San Jose Sharks

Best Contract- DR0C

DR0C is a solid center and has been grinding the position. He is somebody who is always tough to play against in club games being able to grab him at 1.25 is a nice pickup for San Jose

Worst Contract- ASAP Jiren

Jiren is a great dude but I don’t see the logic here besides keeping San Jose a buddy organization. 1.5 is too much for Jiren.

Overall Bidding- C-

Its practically they same team we see from San Jose every season that continually falls short but add a few downgrades to the roster. This team is lacking in multiple areas I expected better from Lou.

Seattle Thunderbirds

Best Contract- Weap 21

6.5 for a player of Weaps caliber is a steal. He is with people he likes and he shouldn’t be an issue for the brand.

Worst Contract- CoreyPerry1

I don’t mind this contract as it is low risk high reward and Seattle certainly has the ability to take those chances. 1.5 for a top hut player is fine but we will see if he can adapt to 6s.

Overall Bidding- A

Seattle didn’t have many spots to fill but they did a great job grabbing great players on value at every position.

St. Louis Blues

Best Contract- Sbass19

Bass is an all time great in LG and grabbing him for 6.5 is a huge win. Sure he has declined a bit but he can still control games and is one of the smartest players in the league.

Worst Contract- x Gally

1.5 is too much for Gally. He is a solid player but there were much better options available.

Overall Bidding- B-

Dom did a pretty good job grabbing value up and down the lineup and was able to grab some quality players but the team is very top heavy.

Tampa Bay Lightning

Best Contract- UniqueSniper135

Sniper is a stud that’s all there is to it. Grabbing him at 2m really helped shape what looks to be one of the better forward groups in the league.

Worst Contract- Thick Flop

Flop (Fear of Pan) is a good player and had success last season playing with the Tampa Bay squad but it is a different group and he looks to be the marquee Right D on this team. 3.25 is a little too much for him.

Overall Bidding- B

Its hard to judge this team because they did get some good pieces but practically everyone one in bidding besides gren is a mid tier 2nd line guy or below and then with Gren if he plays with Blur and Hxndry he will put up great numbers but at the same time if he has his own line I cant see him carrying a line. Definitely one of the stranger teams to look at roster wise.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Best Contract- Blade mtl

Blade has had past success and although he has taken quite a few seasons off he is back with a 1.25 contract. I think with how weak defensive bidding was this season he should be able to out play the contract.

Worst Contract- B L A M E x 67

What in the fuck are you doing grabbing blame for 5.5. I love blame he is a great guy but how can you justify 5.5. Even with how bad the bidding was WHY!

Overall Bidding- C-

For a team with so much promise heading into the season to turn around and shit the bed in bidding is sad. Yes they are going to be a good team but they had all the pieces to put together an absolutely elite team and really came up short.

Vancouver Canucks

Best Contract- Scumbag Jared

Finally Jared is on a great contract and locked up for 3s. Great guy great player.

Worst Contract- Winston Payne

There are way too many good goalies to be paying Winston 2m

Overall Bidding- C

3m on 2 goalies that aren’t even the best in their respected price range is a big oops. Vancouver overall lacks the depth and is going to need to have quite a few guys playing above their potential if they want to have success this season.

Vegas Golden Knights

Best Contract- Breaky

500k Breaky is a steal of a contract. He continually puts up great seasons mostly on bad teams. Happy he was able to sign a contract that will make him extremely valuable for teams the next 3 seasons.

Worst Contract- Dirtyduster88

It would have been easy to pick ScaryJoeyy here but the amount of good contracts and limited RD in bidding justify not picking him but Dirtyduster88 for 4.75 is unacceptable given the quality of players who went for less.

Overall Bidding- C

I know they had to deal with people trying to sabotage their bidding but just a few too many questions like vaynx for 2.2 or Neomop for 3.7. Thankfully they were able to hit on a few steals but the bad contracts are really bad.

Washington Capitals

Best Contract- Sudzyy3687

Sudzyy was dominant down the stretch playing with Burnsy last season and I expect them to pickup where they left off just without being Centered by a Selke Winner. 3.5 is a bargain pickup and I love it for Washington.

Worst Contract- DoodleBob0169

I am not really sure what they saw or know about Doodlebob but just a strange pickup even at 1.25. Granted I don’t know everyone but this one just seems strange to me give past “success”,

Overall Bidding - B+

Washington did a great job adding to a pretty established roster and was able to shape a good team. There is some lack of depth for the top end in the forward group but the Defensive side should be able to compensate for anything they lack offensively.

Winnipeg Jets

Best Contract- aHuff21

When moes is on the kid is on at 6.25 playing next to Dan I am sure he is going to have a killer season and make people second guess themselves for not throwing some more bids on him.

Worst Contract- D4D USA

9.5 is way too much for Dan he is a great player but 2 kids and arthritis has really dropped his value you are getting a guy everyone would love to have on their team but the price tag is a little too high.

Overall Bidding- A-

Winnipeg did a great job grabbing a bunch of quality players and when your only questionable bid is Dan you did something right. Good Work Winnipeg.

• Like x 31
    • Winner x 7
    • Troll x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  2. P3k1ng DuK

P3k1ng DuK Laporshkin x 71’s son

Ratings:
    +567 / 48 / -60
    Holy great write up shitter! These tbirds!

p3k1ng_duk
  3. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Burnsy x 95

Burnsy x 95 Pees in the shower

Discord:
    Burnsy#1428
    Ratings:
    +528 / 7 / -14
    Y'all sleeping on doodlebob! Thanks for the write up, these are some of my favourite threads to read every season and I'm glad to finally be included in one as management. Made a few errors in my first bidding but overall I think I did well, enjoyed it a lot.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Burnsyx95
  5. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    Oof I just got shit on by a .500 PSN player

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    LazyPedestrian
  6. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    Not on bad contract list, lets gooo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    sumaaaaaaaa
  7. XenoSZN

XenoSZN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 3 / -24
    Good writeup, I was mentioned, 10/10.

XenoSZN
  8. D4D USA

D4D USA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D4N USA#6332
    Ratings:
    +2,140 / 41 / -61
    Reported for personal attacks @RGDeded

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    The Wild discord will be a barren wasteland after I am traded. Those mutants must communicate via telepathy or something.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    No Streaming Account
  10. PureRippin

PureRippin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    purerippin#0
    Ratings:
    +468 / 12 / -20
    Some ice cold takes in this write up, still was a decent toilet read.

• Funny Funny x 5
    36PureRippin
  11. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    People still don't realize that my LT isn't worth over 500k.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    GiroFocus
  12. Dame l13l

Dame l13l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 43 / -48
    No Streaming Account
  13. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    It's pretty underwhelming tbh

No Streaming Account
  14. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  15. Portcenter

Portcenter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 4 / -12
    Good stuff

porter53
  16. B L A M E x 67

B L A M E x 67 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    B L A M E x 67#4425
    Ratings:
    +442 / 26 / -31
    Nice write up

blamelessmeanqc1
  17. Domi_x_13

Domi_x_13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 49 / -72
    Good job, thanks for mention

No Streaming Account
  18. Dirtyduster88

Dirtyduster88 The Hebrew Hammer

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -11
    It’s absolutely unacceptable, what a waste of cap!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    DirtyDuster
  19. lNezzyl

lNezzyl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -1
    trade me

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    lnezzyyl