S39 Manager Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by BozWPG, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,294 / 33 / -46
    Here's my breakdown on who's good and who's bad this season.
    It's an odd season with the signups we have so the management teams are all over the map...

32. Binghamton Devils
    GM - @All Worried
    AGM - None

Can't put a 1 man management team anything but last, even if @All Worried isn't the worst player in management.

31. Milwaukee Admirals
    GM - None
    AGM - @Wen I9I

After Hughes got banned, they only have 1 mediocre AGM left... sorry Milwaukee. Even @AceNHL can't save you.

30. Tucson Roadrunners
    GM - @coharent killer
    AGM - @nsellasyo

A couple of moose league legends with very average CHL seasons on a fairly strong team, it doesn't bode super well for their AHL chances.

29. Ontario Reign
    GM - @Dad of Five 81
    AGM - @Cam19

Hold Ma DDDad Of Five might be more washed than me and hasn't played even in the AHL as a forward in forever. Cam has a decent past, but he hasn't even played in a handful of seasons.

28. Laval Rocket
    GM - @SievE30
    AGM - @xCRaZY DudEx94x

Sieve has been third pairing AHL for a season or two, and Crazy dude has some kind of promising CHL seasons, but you have to wonder why he wasn't able to make the jump to the AHL fulltime before now...

27. Palm Springs Firebirds
    GM - @Kuzvechkinov
    AGM - @Berth x 91

An NHL goalie at C and a mediocre AHL/CHL tweener pair up here. Hopefully they can use their mixed backgrounds to their advantage.

26. Rochester Americans
    GM - @Baker I22I
    AGM - @Moose I96I

A couple career CHLers that didn't even have star seasons S38. Interesting management choice, but not the worst tandem out there...

25. Stockton Heat
    GM - @EL D 18
    AGM - @KeepYourChinUp

A few above average CHL seasons each, but they probably aren't even in the bottom half dozen tandems here...
    I don't know much about either guy, but Chin made an OK AHL jump last season.

24. Manitoba Moose
    GM - @SQUADCAV16
    AGM - @I Splinter77 I

A few more guys with mixed experience. Cav has run some decent CHL squads and Splinter has had some past success. They'll try to stake their claim to AHL success after some above average CHL efforts.

23. Chicago Wolves
    GM - @Cashedkush
    AGM - @Willis x 97

They had better CHL seasons than some other CHL management duos, but still in roughly the bottom 3rd of available tandems. Willis will have to make some magic without BornInAStorm.

22. Toronto Marlies
    GM - @Yzerman Returns
    AGM - @Strizzy x06

A couple of really solid CHL seasons, and some long past NHL experience for this pair. Hopefully they don't end up wishing Yzerman had stayed away instead of returning.

21. Wilkes Barre Penguins
    GM - @I Lappy I
    AGM - @Ix N J xl

Lappy and NJ both have an average CHL and a decent AHL season under their belts, but really not a lot more to write home about. Being nice guys doesnt really help a lot on the ice. Recent league experience gives them a slight edge over some others.

20. Colorado Eagles
    GM - @xFalsexHopex
    AGM - @R4ph Th3 G4m3r

R4ph has a couple nice AHL seasons and is an established borderline AHL top liner. But False hope has a less than stellar resume, dotted with CHL seasons.

19. Syracuse Crunch
    GM - @Crowe x 43
    AGM - @Brxndamour

Brindamour is a strong AGM presence, but Crowe is fairly inexperienced and usually one good CHL season doesn't amount to much in a higher league.

18. Rockford IceHogs
    GM - @T E A L x 17
    AGM - @ExtraSweetSauce

Teal was a surprising choice for AHL GM last season and came up with a pretty nice season all things considered. Sweet sauce should be a good D man with some NHL experience.

17. Providence Bruins
    GM - @tbeat--
    AGM - @UNREAL KILLER B

Tbeat seems like he's been around forever, but historically only has a bunch of half finished seasons at all levels. Killer B is a nice free contract AGM and carries this pair, but won't be able to do it alone, especially with just Saini, Bell and a 500k army.

16. Texas Stars
    GM - @I Regicide l
    AGM - @I Steal Napkins

Regicide/Rex has had past success in the AHL and has a bit of AHL managing experience, but he'll head back to D where he's also played a lot in the NHL. Napkins is an interesting choice for the AGM spot, as his success is more limited, with the best seasons coming as a C in the AHL.

15. San Diego Gulls
    GM - @DeIosh
    AGM - @Murdss

Delosh has a long AHL career with some solid seasons and is known for taking that free GM slot. Murdss has a speckled past that includes a decent NHL season and some distant AHL success.

14. Cleveland Monsters
    GM - @Tetrxault
    AGM - @Teckz NSG

Tetrault has established him self as a legit AHL D man, and Teckz would likely play on a lot of top lines in the AHL this season. This should be a strong frenchy pairing.

13. Hershey Bears
    GM - @x88x Kane
    AGM - @Spacelessbark

Kane has had a mixture of success at all levels, but has been a consistently solid AHL performer. Bark has a long past of above average-good tier AHL seasons. In this management pool, you could do a lot worse.

12. Charlotte Checkers
    GM - @killamilla6
    AGM - @BartIettt

Killamilla has been an established AHL D man and solid manager for a few seasons now, while Bartlett has had some recent strong AHL numbers and an impressive CHL resume to boot.

11. Grand Rapids Griffins
    GM - @mashle93
    AGM - @I Risto I

Mashley has a boatload of experience at all levels of LG and has been a steady top pair RD for a few AHL seasons now. Risto is another strong AHL D man that gives them a nice tandem of D men in a weak leaguewide D pool even if theyre unlikely to play together. They slot into the top 1/3rd, just outside the top 10.

10. Iowa Wild
    GM - @BozWPG
    AGM - @xT S P 0 0 N

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm going to. If past success is any indicator, we should have a strong manager tandem. Boz has some long ago NHL stardom (Selke & Cup check) as owner and some recent average AHL seasons GM on bad teams, while Spoon has returned to the AHL after a rough try in the N. He has a history of setting records in the C and the A. Not a bad pair to start the top 10.

9. Springfield Thunderbirds
    GM - @Bush x 92
    AGM - @BowserKOTK

Bowser is a solid D with a pretty solid history in the AHL, while more recently making the jump to the NHL and staying there. He's back now to form 1/2 of a very strong tandem with Bush, who is no slouch himself and has a bunch of very recent very strong NHL performances over the past few seasons. Their recent NHL experience should give them an edge.

8. San Jose Barracuda
    GM - @Vahey x 19
    AGM - @Guru x 26

Both players have some familiarity with the San Jose Barracude and returning to the same squad is always an advantage. Couple that with the fact that both Vahey and Guru have a strong past in the AHL and have always put up strong seasons, this duo should have success again in a weak management pool. They just lack some NHL success and experience to jump higher up this list.

7. Lehigh Valley Phantoms
    GM - @vMvtt
    AGM - @RY0NN

Matt and Ryonn both have recent experience as AHL management and both have put up numbers in the AHL. They might just be lacking that little something extra, but they aren't far off from that "elite" tier of managers and this should be the basis of a playoff team that can do some damage. Factor in Ryonn having to play with @Williams x12x for most of last season, this season will feel like a cakewalk without that added ball and chain.

6. Utica Comets
    GM - @BWZinc
    AGM - @Studz x 7

Both Zinc and Studz have a plethora of successful AHL seasons and both are no strangers to the league and managing in it. Zinc has also had a mixture of NHL success, while Studz has some very strong CHL moments in his past. You could probably slot them anywhere in this range a few slots up or down, but their AHL managing experience gives them a bit of an advantage over some potentially slightly more talented skill-wise tandems.

5. Belleville Senators
    GM - @Drover2
    AGM - @vBxnditt

Drover and Bandit are both afraid of losing and both have a myriad of great seasons in the CHL and the AHL. Add in the fact that they've both played very strong AHL defence and both been managers in the AHL the past few seasons, and that is an extremely strong grouping for management. Defense should be a weak spot league wide and having potentially two of the best in the league will allow them to run an extremely strong top 2 lines or game 7 pairing.

4. Henderson Silver Knights
    GM - @The AB Show
    AGM - @Tibbernac

Tibby is going to have to do it without Roubi this time, as he teams up with AB Show to form a formidable duo. Both have been among the AHLs top players the past few seasons and both have had strong runs with their previous teams. A top forward pairing up with a top defender having experience managing a strong squad is always going to score you a lot of points in the management rankings. Like a few others, the only thing holding them back from being elite is the lack of NHL experience for AB Show.

3. Bakersfield Condors
    GM - @lPastrnak 88l
    AGM - @RiCo505

Pastrnak has consistently been a strong AHL performer, but what he lacks in NHL history, he more than makes up for in CHL success and pure button skill. His stats might not jump off the page, but his mentorship under Roubidoo shouldn't be underestimated. Throw in Rico who has consistently built strong teams, with or without the worst in ottawa, and you should see a very strong lineup. It also doesnt hurt that Rico is coming off a handful of 90+ point AHL seasons and will have Pearson likely lining up beside him again this season. These guys will be a legit force all season long.

2. Hartford Wolfpack
    GM - @AoN x CLUTCH
    AGM - @I Kessel x 81 l

Another pairing that has a mix of management experience and very strong recent AHL seasons, Kessel and Clutch should form the beginning of a very strong team. Unlike some of their counterparts who could be swapped into these slots, Clutch also is coming off a 70 point NHL season at the beginning of NHL 21. Kessel has a bit more limited success, but his AHL talent is top 10 at worst for AHL forwards. Hartford should be a contender if they can put together a decent roster throughout the season.

1. Bridgeport SoundTigers/Islanders
    GM - @SouPerSaiyan
    AGM - @skyre5

So good, they named the team twice! The creme de la creme of the AHL management group. Saiyan might be old as dust, but that doesnt mean he's as dusty as @BALLZY15. In fact, he's anything but. Some past history managing, a boatload of strong seasons at both the NHL and AHL level, and an in with the league staff as a former BOG, Saiyan is going to put the Soup in souper, and it might even be chicken noodle (instead of that gross tomato). Don't forget about skyre either, the guy just gets it done in the discord and on the ice. Hows 6 straight 70+ point AHL seasons sound? Sounds like a Tiger, eh Bridgeport? They form the basis for what should be one of the AHL strongest teams, bar none.

• Like x 15
    • Winner x 6
    • Get Good x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. The Skoden

The Skoden Well-Known Member

Discord:
    The Skoden#1738
    Ratings:
    +121 / 10 / -19
    Yeah @BALLZY15 is pretty dust good write up!

No Streaming Account
  3. Westy x88x

Westy x88x Left Defense

Ratings:
    +298 / 5 / -24
    Boz will never go a day without letting you know he won a Stanley cup in NHL 15

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. a Bas3 CaMp3r

a Bas3 CaMp3r Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 55 / -68
    Good post. But our other free contract isn't Guru on SJ its @Its a Full Send

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    A_Bas3_CaMp3r
  5. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    Dont mind him, guy cant make a playoff team but puts himself Top 10 :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Williamsx12x
  6. Persinger92

Persinger92 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bushx92#0
    Ratings:
    +297 / 23 / -29
    Love the media!!! Thanks dude.

persinger92
  7. PitcheRxSwaGx

PitcheRxSwaGx Swisscheese, now traffic cone

Discord:
    pitcherxswagx#0
    Ratings:
    +855 / 162 / -77
    Boz won a cup so long ago you didn’t even get the cup icon next to your name

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Santaklaus42
  8. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    I seem to never end up on a team that people perceive as good to begin the season haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. All Worried

All Worried DEVS ON TOP

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    Thanks for the tire pump!

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Boz E Coyote

Boz E Coyote The Worst

Discord:
    bozzzzzz#0
    Ratings:
    +2,294 / 33 / -46
    I looked at your one man GM team and it got me all worried.

11. All Worried

All Worried DEVS ON TOP

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    I understand your point of view, it's hard not to overlook that.

[​IMG]

But yes, I am All Worried - good post nonetheless, keep it up!

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Studz x 7

Studz x 7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -10
    I had strong CHL moments? That’s crazy. Those are times I never even wanna think about.

Thanks for the media Boz, you know we love it :)

No Streaming Account
  13. Willis x 97

Willis x 97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 2 / -3
    I love it...minus Born in a Storm He was carried by me and Kush. His GT should've been Born in the Backpack

No Streaming Account
  14. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I love you Boz, any media is good media, but some of those are real head shakers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Hoozus

Hoozus -

Ratings:
    +480 / 31 / -50
    “An NHL goalie at C and a mediocre AHL/CHL tweener pair up here. Hopefully they can use their mixed backgrounds to their advantage.”
    @Kuzvechkinov Fire back

No Streaming Account
  16. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 42 / -118
    Rochester should be lower, @Moose I96I had me on the verge of uninstalling the game for eternity in a drafts lobby. I’ve never seen a player as bad as him in my time on this site.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. bicUwUious

bicUwUious Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gucci6305#0
    Ratings:
    +489 / 25 / -17
    Sky and soup are not only good, but also very cute

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account