* New * S8 Suggestion Thread (NHL/AHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Apr 19, 2018.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,044 / 62 / -422
    As we wrap up the season, I am looking for suggestions from the community in regards any rule change ideas and or website improvement ideas you have!

I am not looking to change too much for next season, here is what I am looking at right now:

• Looking to add improvements to random assignment system to prevent further abuse and circumvention.
    • Looking to add more clarification to the "gentlemen's agreement" to allow for teams to set a hard deadline and take a forfeit after the +11 minutes deadline.
    • I am looking to add some site changes to ensure a PSN ban, automatically removes a player from the Xbox league and vice versa.
    • I've seen a lot of suggestions to have the ban policy changed so a player CANNOT buyout to return within the same season the player was issued a ban. Unsure if this will be implemented but I am curious how much support this idea has.
    Besides that I don't have much else to change.

Please post your ideas

Thanks
    -Brodie

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Lg_commissioner
  2. Rico

Rico Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +1,321 / 33 / -57
    Id like to see the self board play rule taken out as the rule was added when board playing yourself was "OP".

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  3. Forthy

Forthy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 8 / -31
    Ability to purchase "I <3 Rico" T-shirts.

@Rico

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    jdforthy
  4. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Active Member

Ratings:
    +193 / 16 / -18
    I would support the idea of no returns during same season of ban. Makes the bans fucking pointless.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
    rossbs
  5. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 Boston Bruins GM

Discord:
    nickyP#9892
    Ratings:
    +211 / 21 / -33
    I think a ban should mean you are gone for at least 2 seasons. Being able to buy it out and come back so quickly doesnt make sense to me.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    nickyP1999
  6. crofto40

crofto40 Sports Photographer

Discord:
    crofto40#8304
    Ratings:
    +167 / 1 / -9
    For bans:

If a player quits, ban should be 2 seasons with a minimum permanent ban of the current season. Buy out can happen during the off season.

If a player quits post trade deadline, they must sit out the whole next season.

This will help keep some people in the league and still make the site money.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Crofto_40
  7. o R E C K I o

o R E C K I o Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Recki#2673
    Ratings:
    +361 / 22 / -34
    if an owner or GM cannot get their guys to sign up the final week if they arent in playoff contention. management shouldn't take the fall if everyone doesn't wanna play.

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 3
    xRecki
  8. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 Boston Bruins GM

Discord:
    nickyP#9892
    Ratings:
    +211 / 21 / -33
    100% agree with recki

nickyP1999
  9. Spray_and_pray_

Ratings:
    +193 / 16 / -18
    I agree. By end of season, it's like herding cats. Players dont give a shit.

With that said, if players want to protect the owners from being held responsible, then that means the onus has to fall on the players. This season wasn't horrible, but last season had FF out the ass. When teams are fighting for a playoff spot, its bullshit when teams are gifted free wins because players no-show.

Maybe the final week of the season should only allow players 2 strikes for no-shows. Or only 1 strike, with the stipulation that valid reasons for not showing can be approved by management (or BOGs).

Again, we all learned that holding management accountable is probably misguided, but that means the players will need to step up and stop being twats.

• Like Like x 1
    rossbs
  10. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer Common Kings

Discord:
    kris#1505
    Ratings:
    +1,174 / 42 / -80
    Get rid of the rule where an Owner must send the trade if draft picks are involved. So many reversals because GM’s sending trades instead of Owners. Stupid rule, Both are accountable for DPs, Not just the Owner.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Krvstoffer
  11. Ball-17-

Ball-17- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -11
    I don't think they Will like that Idea. They rejected my ban appeal without looking at it.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. LG McDonald

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,044 / 62 / -422
    Managers only take the fall in certain situations.

At the NHL tier you have 60+ players who can be used as an ecu.... that is MORE THAN enough to ensure forfeits do not happen.

The final week of each season I explain to the managers what the expectations are. It is very simple:
    1. Get your players availability and post your weekly lines by the dead.
    2. If a player(s) do NOT give availability, schedule said player for ANY GAME for the week. Ensure the player gets three games.
    3. Any player who does NOT show up gets issued a miss game strike. Once the week is completed every player with three strikes gets filed for removal.
    The expectation is simple. The Owners and Managers are to ensure the players who do not show up are held accountable, and if not then the managers will be.

Also keep in mind those managers who decide not even to try in the final week, the "i am forfeiting all week, ban me I don't care" guys will be removed as well.

I don't think I am asking much. Just asking the managers to do their job for the entire nine week season, not just when they are winning.

• Like Like x 5
    Lg_commissioner
  13. Nav x 29

Nav x 29 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +816 / 64 / -149
    Players who quit after being traded *post trade deadline* should have a higher buyout than $50. Knowingly screwing over your ex team should come with a heavier punishment.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Spray_and_pray_

Ratings:
    +193 / 16 / -18
    Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
    rossbs
  15. IxI-Toffoli-IxI

IxI-Toffoli-IxI twitchtv/PsnImSoClassic

Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -15
    Hi

• Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. birthday_machine

birthday_machine I'm not staff anymore

Ratings:
    +263 / 3 / -14
    To add on to what Brodie said, if you're an owner who's team forfeits in the last week, why did that happen?

The pool of players available are so deep, it's inconceivable that a decent manager can't ban the inactives and keep interested players from moving up the ranks.

Thinking back to ~8 years ago when I managed I definitely let skilled players get away with being a little flaky with their games. Any good manager isn't going to ban their best player for missing a few games, that would be dumb. To balance that, I always stayed involved at the lowest level, keeping the fringe players involved and working them, to either trade if they sucked and were active, or ban if they didn't have the activity level we needed.

I've been on basement teams where everyone finished the season with a laugh, even though we knew we would lose. That's 100% on the management; they made it fun and kept everyone involved.

As a BoG I've also overseen countless teams who forfeit the last week (or two), and it's never been a surprise about which teams do this. It's always teams who struggle through the season, who I needed to remind about rules, and diffuse issues from the lower leagues who end up flaming out at the end.

It's not hard. You put in the time and have an ounce of sense, you'll be fine.
    If an owner can't pull things together through the stretch, why should they get another chance to disappoint everyone? There are hundreds of people waiting to take their job.

I always deferred to the Beyoncé for any of my BoG rulings:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    birthday_machine
  17. ScooTz91

ScooTz91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +535 / 61 / -132
    i also think that with the league how it is currently could benefit from removing the status barrier all together and saying everyone is an A/V and the nhl bids gets the best players then ahl and then the remainder go to chl bidding. the psn side is too new still and cant afford to take 30+ quitting bans in this season alone due to many reasons (some extremely fucking stupid albeit). now i know the higher ups of this site directly fucking despise me but i still believe i can positively help the ps4 side of this site grow and run alot smoother than it currently is.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Scott1019
  18. JCIaus33

JCIaus33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 151 / -160
    Have a rule in place not allowing V status players to take AHL management without going through NHL bidding. This way you avoid guys ducking the NHL. If a V status players receives an NHL contract he isnt allowed to be sent down and assume ahl management. Only AHL contracts & CHL contracts or any status type players who were passed up in NHL bidding are eligible for AHL management. No late sign ups either.

No Streaming Account
  19. Ball-17-

Ball-17- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 2 / -11
    I know you are talking about me and thats exactly what you got wrong. I messaged you guys Monday night after two Days of trying to fill my lines. I was even trying to get my guys ready after I was banned. Stop telling me I gave up and that I didnt make any effort.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. LG McDonald

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,044 / 62 / -422
    Trying to fill your lines?

All you had to do was set your lines. It doesn’t matter with who. I assume by Sunday at dinner time you’d be able to tell who didn’t give availability and roughly how many players would need ECUs.

The process isn’t complicated. Set the lines for the week based on the availability you have.

Ask your AHL what his schedule was like and explain based on how you scheduled your team this is how many ECUs you’d need per night.

After the games each night issue trikes to those players who didn’t show up from your roster. Then Thursday when the dust settled file removals in the AC on players who have three strikes.

That’s what is expected. It isn’t new.

You made the comment yourself and I can post the picture if you’d like. “We are forfeiting the rest of the week, ban me I don’t care”

Your perspective of this entire situation is different than mine which is fine. It is what it is at this point. And the intent of this thread is to give ideas for future seasons on what the league can change or what Tris should add to the site. It isn’t meant for your personal situation to spill into the forums. You had an appeal reviewed. It was denied. If you have any further questions or feel the need to continue this debate send me a PM.

My original comments weren’t meant to through you under the bus hence why you weren’t mentioned. My comments were to show the community a situation of when managers are held accountability and what is expected of them.

I think I’ve gotten my point across so let’s move on

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Lg_commissioner