* New * S8 Suggestion Thread (NHL/AHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Apr 19, 2018.

1. BobbyKnuckles98

BobbyKnuckles98 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +214 / 16 / -31
    There must be a better way to set lines? Possibly the full week on its own page where you can set and change without sending confirmations/unconfirms a bunch of times. Where the final confirm for the whole week is a click of a button.

greatzilla007
  2. The_Real_Teal

The_Real_Teal The Dominatrix.

Discord:
    The_Real_Teal#4916
    Ratings:
    +200 / 16 / -22
    I believe with some of the rules being split between different articles and section that if they are covered in multiple areas that everything needs to be able to be seen concerning that topic :IE Availability.

Article 2 section 1:1 states the deadline player have to have their availability in, but Article 4 in the rule book section 4.1 does not state the time restriction in the player rights. This can cause confusion and misunderstandings when trying to quick reference.

Player must give a minimum of four games availability each week to maintain their "right to play", and "right to be scheduled". This is required so that managers have adequate options when creating the weekly schedule.

Availability MUST be submitted on the website, no later than 11:59 PM EST the Saturday prior to the week of play in which a player is giving his or her availability for. Failure to do so, can also result in a player scheduled for games not based on the player's availability.

the_real_teal
  3. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +699 / 17 / -17
    I hear you on the confirm/unconfirm notifications, but it's far more chaotic to NOT have the unconfirm notification. You could literally be confirmed and unconfirmed for every game in the week, and have no idea which games you actually got. Better to at least have a notification trail to follow, besides the obvious "Go to the Site and see for yourself" shtick.

fkncommishlb
  4. Agesquod

Agesquod Prom night drop-in hero

Ratings:
    +146 / 7 / -19
    Its actually a suggestion for the next 3 seasons' schedule. The idea is to cut short the offseason between the release of nhl titles come September, and also maybe reduce the time allowed for bidding (I'll get to that later on).

Anyway, I'd try something like this, and I know its not perfect. But the point is to have a full season before Christmas break and not have the summer season more like a spring/summer season (it might prevent some players from skipping summer season, and inpart maybe fix the FF because of poor availability during late summer time).

Season 9
    • Sept 1st - 5th – Finals
    • Sept 6th – 9th – off Season
    • Sept 9th 9 pm EST - NHL Bidding Begins
    • Sept 12th 9 pm EST - NHL Bidding Ends
    • Sept 13th 9 pm EST - AHL Bidding Begins
    • Sept 16th 9 pm EST - AHL Bidding Ends
    • Sept 17th 9 pm EST - CHL Bidding Begins
    • Sept 20th 9 pm EST - CHL Bidding Begins
    • Sept 23rd - Opening Night of the Season
    • Nov 21st - Final Night of the Season
    • Nov 25th/28th - Round One of the Playoffs
    • Dec 2nd/5th - Round Two of the Playoffs
    • Dec 9th/12th - Round Three of the Playoffs
    • Dec 16th/19th – Finals
    • Dec 20th - Beginning of the Holiday Break
    • Jan 5th - End of the Holiday Break

Regular season and playoff isnt split by 2 weeks, and it gives winners something else to celebrate during that break. and After Christmas, well everyone gets back into it, instead of some having to wait another month after 2weeks off during Christmas.

Season 10
    • Jan 6th - Off-season Begins
    • Jan 12th - Off-season Ends
    • Jan 13rd 9 pm EST - NHL Bidding Begins
    • Jan 16th 9 pm EST - NHL Bidding Ends
    • Jan 17th 9 pm EST - AHL Bidding Begins
    • Jan 20th 9 pm EST - AHL Bidding Ends
    • Jan 21st 9 pm EST - CHL Bidding Begins
    • Jan 24th 9 pm EST - CHL Bidding Begins
    • Jan 27th - Opening Night of the Season
    • March 27th - Final Night of the Season
    • March 31st/April 3rd - Round One of the Playoffs
    • April 7th/10th - Round Two of the Playoffs
    • April 14th/17th - Round Three of the Playoffs
    • April 21st/24th - Finals
    Season 11
    • April 25th - Off-season Begins
    • May 4th - Off-season Ends
    • May 5th 9 pm EST - NHL Bidding Begins
    • May 8th 9 pm EST - NHL Bidding Ends
    • May 9th 9 pm EST - AHL Bidding Begins
    • May 12th 9 pm EST - AHL Bidding Ends
    • May 13th 9 pm EST - CHL Bidding Begins
    • May 16th 9 pm EST - CHL Bidding Begins
    • May 19th - Opening Night of the Season
    • July 17th - Final Night of the Season
    • July 21st/24th - Round One of the Playoffs
    • July 28th/31st - Round Two of the Playoffs
    • Aug 4th/7th - Round Three of the Playoffs
    • Aug 11th/14th - Finals
    4 weeks until next title comes out…perfect for offseason and bidding. I know for season 9, there isnt much room to work with. But I feel it would set the table for all the next years to come. When you think of it, when playoff starts, pretty much 50% of the NHL/AHL roster are done, 2nd round only 25% left, and so on. The 3rd and final round of the player, there's there's 60 to 30 players active. Getting the next season ready can pretty much start come playoff. In between season 9 and 10, 10 and 11th, offseason is one week.

In bidding, everything is pretty much settled in the first 48hours, and as of now the 72hours is really though on owners and GMs, but thats my opinion. My suggestion reduce the time on a bid and cut one day.

• Winner Winner x 1
    slivers311
  5. SilKyy_96

SilKyy_96 LGHL Montreal Canadiens Owner

Ratings:
    +474 / 24 / -43
    @Agesquod you can’t start bidding before the game is even released. People need time to buy the game and etc. At the earliest I’d say push bidding up one week, so the last week of September start nhl bidding. But people have to get the game before you start bidding atleast.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Agesquod

Agesquod Prom night drop-in hero

Ratings:
    +146 / 7 / -19
    Good point. The way I saw it, if people sign up for season 9, well its probably because they plan on buying the game. And opening night would start 12 days after release. Technically, come september 9th and 9pm, everyone who signed up for season 9 would be on the list. Dont really need the game to get bid on and set up teams. Plus, the ones who wont come back on NHL 19, they already decided not to buy it.

I don't know, I'd be willing to take that risk. I dont see it as a big problem. Where I see a problem, is setting up the roster between the 5th and 9th of september. Not much time for the bogs

slivers311
  7. SilKyy_96

SilKyy_96 LGHL Montreal Canadiens Owner

Ratings:
    +474 / 24 / -43
    You have a good bit of people who don’t know what position they want to play this year as well with it being a new game. Also some people don’t decide if they are buying it or not until the day it comes out if not a week later. There’s no reason to rush it but that’s my personal opinion.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account