(S9) - Round 1 Eastern Conference Playoffs Write Up & Breakdown

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Polska_B0SS_780, Dec 13, 2018.

1. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    First off, I am going to split 2 series into two threads for the East. I thought I would cram it all in one but that would be too messy and a lot of reading. From now till tomorrow I will have the east wrapped up.

I would like to congratulate all the teams below for making the playoffs this season on NHL 19 the first season on a brand new game. The East seemed to be a battle with 5 teams being in triple digit numbers for points ( Rangers, Capitals, Devils, Sabres and Maple Leafs ) If you take the East and compare it to the West the first thing you notice is that the 8th seed in the west would not even qualify to clinch a birth into the playoffs. The 8th seed in the West would be under the 11th place team in the East. F to that, anywho moving along. There is no surprise on what can happen in round one, Most of the teams are deployed with deep enough rosters to make this a very intense and fun viewing performance. You have some of the best goalies/forwards/defensemen in this conference all battling it out in what is called the real season. In fact the top 3 goal scorers in the league are from the East : @Diamonddangles4- 57 Goals, @McLxvinn 50 Goals and @Einx29 47 goals, on defense you have Norris runner and probably winner @BA_Sports_Fan with 45 PTS and a +64 remember this is the guy who put up 17 points in one week, @Gwan 38 PTS 23-1-4 +48 one regulation loss says it all and @P t P 10 22-2-1 35 PTS +49, Between the pipes you got @lx JoneZ xl 35 wins 12 losses with a %88 save percentage, @KingKonz- 40 wins 12 losses with a %87 save percentage will most likely win the Vezina and @crofto40 35 wins 15 losses with a %86 save percentage. There are a ton more of amazing goalies from the East and they are all mostly above the %83 mark for saves.

1st :team12:New York Rangers:team12: vs 8th :team27:New York Islanders:team27:

Introduction: Well a big hats off to Mr @BigFreeze064 14-11-3 42 PTS himself for making his first playoffs in the NHL as a Owner. Everybody slept on the Isles calling them a bottom 5 team. Freeze not only proved himself as a owner but definitely surpassed expectations GP 82 PTS 96 W 43- L 29- OTL 10. @Bo-Dangles10 19-3-5 14 PTS himself
    well sir, Congrats on stealing the Prez from me I will tip you off on that but will chat about that in PM. You guys definitely deserved it you worked your asses off and won a lot of games down the 2nd half of the season GP 82 PTS 128 W 59 - L 13 - OTL 10. Bo has seen this lightshow before and hopes it does not repeat it self again after a poor playoff performance in S8 the Rangers won the Presidents but were a first round exist too the 8th seed New Jersey Devils. I expect a more hungry Bo Dangles squad to lace up the skates and know that not everything is for granted. Big freeze should take that into his dressing room and say ''Hey guys this team sure they won the Pres but they were a first round exist to a 8th seed just like us last season'' Bo has to feel the pressure is lurking above him and you will see that right from Game 1. I can't wait for this series to go down.

Summary: The battle of New York you love to see it a heated rivalry right in round one, The New York Rangers come in to this series with a excellent roster. From top to bottom they are very balanced all throughout there lines. They are led by @Weapon C 181 who had 65 pts 30 goals and 35 assists, @Krazy-try 64 pts 30 goals and 34 assists and @xTiDanKilleR--55 57 pts 33 goals and 24 pts. There D is led by @LaFleuR11 20-4-2 22 PTS , @NoThumbSweatyAF aka Pte 21-4-2 20 pts and @SilkyHands72 13-3-3 20 PTS in net they have dynamic duo between @crofto40 and @xUnknown_31 who I think will be lights out for this squad. The Rangers will need there depth players to really be lights out and help step up. That being said there top guys can easily run this series by controlling the game from start to finish. The Rangers have the 3rd best TOA in the league 127:56. If the Islanders wanna contest this team they will need to really stay out of the box and not help this team execute the hardcore forecheck that they bring. I expect to see Tidan, Charmop and Weapon to really control this affair with the Islanders along with there dcore who will definitely be involved each game. Though I do see the Islanders using there west line to there advantage and this could perhaps be a turning point in this series @hyperd321 @xTwister71 @BigFreeze064 will need to execute on that connection to give this a real shot for there other two lines. If they can steal 2 wins than it could be interesting. @ID Y IN O Mike 18-7-1 68 PTS 33 G 35 A, @JDFRYE31 15-10-2 62 PTS , @MATTLOCSTA 15-8-4 PTS 59 G 29 A 30 is who there offense is led by. On D this team has nothing really in there favour outside of @Scaank who was 17-9-2 21 pts. Tyler and Max in net will have to play there balls off. I do believe that the Rangers will exploit the weakness on D that the Islanders bring into this series. Having the 3rd best TOA in the league will definitely put that dcore on edge. Again they will have to depend on that west line to execute 2 wins for them for there other line to go out and grind a greasy one. If the Islanders don't shut them down early they will be put to bed by the 2nd day. The season series featured a lot of close games between the two clubs all in which were one goal games. If this says anything which I don't think it does... this might be more of a closer series than thought again who thought the Isles would make it. The Rangers will need guys like Semple Habsdan Mclub to take some load off there top guys to not have a repeat of the last season heroics. All of which have had tremendous seasons. Semple can eat in the playoffs. Speaking of eating JDFRY will be frying up the wing with Jeff who is now on board with his new club that seen him go from a stacked Washington Capitals team to a Wildcard. Again I dont know if this secondary scoring can compete with guys like Tidan.. Charmop... Krazy.. Weapon .... even HabsDan Mikey .. The Islanders will really need to string together maybe grind some chel from Thursday to Sunday no sleep ... Fuck maybe even virtual supplements... G-fuel will be needed in this series but it will be fun to watch. Again Rangers defense is just really stacked along there forwards. Two of the Islanders players @MATTLOCSTA and @JDFRYE31 were in the calder race both ranked #2 and #3 JD 2 Matt 3... from there they had Deerhunter at #7 in the calder race and soul2cold at #14 for Calder aka rookie of the year award. There a lot of inexperience when it comes to this Isles team AHL and NHL playoffs are a whole different ball game. I look for the Rangers to take advantage of that as well.

Season Series head to head : Tied 2-2
    :team12: vs :team27: 1-0 W (Islanders)
    :team27: vs :team12: 4-3 W (Rangers
    :team12: vs :team27: 2-1 W (Rangers)
    :team27: vs :team12: 2-1 W (Islanders)

:team27: Powerplay : 20% #14th
    :team12: Powerplay : 16% #25th

:team27: Penalty Kill : 83% #11th
    :team12: Penalty Kill : 86% #4th

:team27: Players to watch : @xTwister71, @hyperd321, @jeff0012, @ID Y IN O , @Scaank @MATTLOCSTA
    :team12: Players to watch : @Charmop82 @Weapon C 181 @xTiDanKilleR--55 @Krazy-try @NoThumbSweatyAF @Semple19

Prediction : :team12: Rangers in 6

(2nd) :team18:Buffalo Sabres:team18: vs (7th) :team10:Detroit Redwings:team10:

Introduction: @Desjy99 and @JClaus33 get the Sabres who went all the way last season to the Stanley Cup Finals minus Jclaus back into the expected playoffs this team was set to make. Jclaus coming off a NML ban/suspension whatever you want to call it has not disappointed. Desjy 23-2-0 31 PTS himself, with his GM put together a really competitive team that won the Atlantic Division title. Though none of Buffalo players were any where really near top 10 in points, goals or assists .. Jclaus 40 assists tied for 9th with 7 players. But who cares about that when they had 2 guys in the +/- department at #9 and #8. The Detroit Redwings who were looking on the outside in are guided by @Jlm1410 and @Bloop_33 who have been around since Season 1 of LG PSN got this club into the postseason in a stacked East conference. Bloop won the Stanley Cup last season with the Colorado Avalanche in S8. He knows what it takes to win a playoff series and what is going to be expected from him club. Jlm himself 18-9-1 45 PTS has been to the postseason 5 times in the past 10 seasons only making it to a short 2nd round exist with Carolina in S4. He will rely on Bloops Stanley Cup experience to guide this club past Buffalo at the hands of Jclaus mercy. Fun Fact Bloop and Desjy played against each other last season in the Stanley Cup finals along with any former Sabres who are on this season's roster.

Summary: Buffalo is deployed with a lot of dangerous players, Jclaus himself does not need a 8 million dollar player or '' A top rated player'' to play alongside him as he is proven to carry the load and carry guys who should be playing 3rd line string. @JClaus33 Probably the best center in the game 23-2-0 70 PTS guy can do it all and has proven it shown it whatever you wanna call it. Under Claus they have @BKerslake8 24-3-1 36 G 34 A 70 pts, tied with Claus for team lead in pts but a better record with one win but a extra loss or 2 with his OTL. Although Claus and Kers have taken a shit load of penalties durning the season 28:00 and 26:00 but if you look at Claus penalties fuck this guy has taken 41 one season and is still a beast. @PoopinSince95 has really found his home with Buffalo this season after being on a poor Ottawa Sens team last season which was led by JT that missed the playoffs Poopin is 19-5-4 61 PTS 30 G 31 A. From there the Buffalo Sabres have somewhat of a west line brewing in the mix not sure if they will deploy it with @HurrichaneScoot @Desjy99 @Krvstoffer @syngizzam and I wanna say @LoBo_DaNgLeS_12 is west... but don't quote me on that. This series Buffalo wont need a west line to do anything for them.. they have so many options to mix and match that it really does not matter. FullyDynamic and Dudster have been with Claus since last season with Carolina where they fell a bit short to reach the east finals. But claus must have been impressed with them as they both are penciled in to start this series off with a bang and hopefully not repeat a exist out of the playoffs again. Both of which can eat in the playoffs as well. HurrichaneScoot really knows what the real season is about as this guy knows what it takes to win a cup. Him Desjy and Claus reached those goals many seasons back in the old days so these 3 will really be talking communicating and deploying really sorts of threats to Detroit that i don't know if they will overcome. Buffalo will need its depth unit to produce some offense and they haven't been disappointed by Canttread on me who was I believe a late round pick from last draft in the summer and turned into a pro real quick.. it's the Claus effect. There d obviously led by Desjy under him is @bry2230 23-3-2 22 PTS @EbonyFetishz & @syngizzam both tied for 20 pts. Krvs and Dodges who look to be having above average seasons on a stacked club playing with 3rd line string guys obviously. I feel Buffalo d isn't the best in the league but can get the job done with the talent provided upfront. In net they got Ryan and @KingKonz- who will carry this team regardless of who is playing on D. Detroit has there money cut out they only have 2 players above 50 pts on this team not a whole lot offense going to be coming out of Hockeytown a lot of inexperienced guys upfront who will shed blood to Buffalo and get exposed for it. @bcrae88 13-10-5 54 pts 26 G 28 A @The_Blind_Ref 16-10-2 52 pts 27 G 25 A this guy can eat in the playoffs and maybe steal a win for you guys but he will have to carry on a hot dinner plate and hopefully he packed a intermission snack for this one. @JamesCoyle who really is having a down season from the season he had with the Wings in S8 12-11-3 49 PTS, apparently @The Broche Xbox team got eliminated so sources have told me he is bought in a ready to eat for the Wings.. Thank god because this team is gonna need you buddy. Again the depth on this team is sub-par if you ask me ... maybe they will muster a win out of Buffalo somewhere but god i dont see really any life unless some sort of turn of events happen maybe.. Buffalo takes too many penalties and the Wings pounce all over that .. they made it into the wild card with 97 pts so something's got to give but not this series.. They will need guys like Jasono, Coorsi who is a very overpaid player this season 6 million for only 42 pts. Than again you were on Boston so i guess you could be golfing.. but if Coorsi can be that goal scoring machine he once was than Buffalo will need to tighten the straps on d. Detroit has soild goaltending from @KeEn_CJ and @Soulplane4 who will need to bail them out and stand on their fucking heads. On D this team is not absolute shit they have @Snizzah leading the charge with 16-8-1 26 PTS , Bloop himself with 18 and @xCOSTAx l2l 13-9-4 17 pts, outside of those guys you have M1keal who can be a stud or dud himself but plays a respectable type of defense. @blurrskie also won a cup with Bloop in Colarado so he has some experience on what he's going up against and he will again be familiar with Desjy and Konz on what they bring to the table. @shotgunner55 I heard this guy is pretty straight and is a hell of a dman played with him once and he seemed to be solid dman. I hope he doesn't get pre game jitters vs this Buffalo squad though as the inexperience and panic can set in. The Vets on Detroit will have to calm his nerves and walk him through what could turn into a blow out if the Wings dont play their cards right.

Season Series Head To Head ::team18: 3-1 :team18:
    :team10: vs :team18: 3-2 W (Sabres)
    :team18: vs :team10: 4-2 W (Sabres)
    :team10: vs :team18: 1-0 W (Redwings)
    :team18: vs :team10: 4-3 W (Sabres)

:team10: Powerplay : 16% #22nd
    :team18: Powerplay : 23% #6th

:team18:Penalty Kill : 85% #6th
    :team10:Penalty Kill : 81 % #15th

:team10:Players To Watch: @The Broche @coorsi88 @The_Blind_Ref @bcrae88 @Snizzah @Soulplane4
    :team18: Players to watch: @JClaus33 @PoopinSince95 @BKerslake8 @bry2230 @KingKonz- @Desjy99

Prediction : :team18: Buffalo in 5

Good luck to all 4 teams

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 18
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    TrooperPetterson
  2. bigFREEZE 64

bigFREEZE 64 AHLer here!

Discord:
    BigFreeze064#1062
    Ratings:
    +484 / 44 / -54
    Nice write up @Polska_B0SS_780 . Would be nice to see my d given more credit here though, yes Scaank is a beast but our dcore is alot deeper than most think. I believe I had two rookie dmen with 15 wins on 500k contracts. Either way that doesn't matter I just like to stick up for my boys. What is important is I believe this is going to be both a hard fought series and an enjoyable time for both squads. @Bo-Dangles10 has been one of the owners who has shown me respect from the start and we've had some good chats throughout the season. in my opinion Bo is not only one of the best team building owners right now but also one of the owners who is also just a great guy and does an amazing job of representing the league the way an owner should. We have a good friendly rivalry that I'm sure is going to get a bit more intense for a week. Every game we played this season was a 1 goal game and I'm sure that the tight checking by both teams will continue. I know Bo is hungry for some playoff success after being a top owner for a bit now who just hasn't found a way to keep it going in the playoffs. On our side we have a team full of players who have been told all season they wouldn't make the playoffs. Now they are being discounted as a threat in the playoffs. So we know both teams are going to be extremely hungry to win for different reasons. I'll end my novel here now by saying win or lose there is no other owner I would rather face off against in my first playoff series as an owner than Bo. He has been a great resource for me as a new owner. Even if we don't have the success in this series we are looking for I will be there cheering him on and wishing him luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  3. Miikeyx09

Miikeyx09 Anyone know what to put here?

Ratings:
    +728 / 13 / -51
    MikeyMcB
  4. Snizzahh

Snizzahh Warning Group

Discord:
    Snizzah#6305
    Ratings:
    +557 / 90 / -48
    don't ruin my stats pls and thank u @JClaus33

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Snizzahh
  5. Bloop_33

Bloop_33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 7 / -10
    Nice write up, very in depth. I have a big respect for the Buffalo management team and the work they've done. It's nice to see Claus back in LG management again so good job to him, but especially Jayce who has put together back to back impressive teams and always treated me with respect when we talked last season. And I believe they probably respect the players on our roster more than anyone else would in the league. Should be a fun series, regardless of what happens.

Good Luck Buffalo. Go Wings

26th or worse in preseason

No Streaming Account
  6. Scooooter10

Scooooter10 ScooTz#5149

Discord:
    ScooTz#5149
    Ratings:
    +1,263 / 75 / -193
    • Informative Informative x 1
    scootz10
  7. xPolskaaa--92