* New * S9 Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Nov 9, 2018.

1. D1SCOFEVER

D1SCOFEVER Chris Disco

Discord:
    D1SCOFEVER (LW)#9536
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -4
    I might have mentioned this before ...for S10... Since it falls in 2019...maybe add a Winter Classic game between the LG Bruins vs LG Blackhawks... Promote it as a special event and maybe play it on a Sunday afternoon or a Thursday night ? I'm not sure if there's a way to play it outside which would be awesome. Hopefully at some point they'll add it as a feature again. As for LG, I think it would be a nice touch to the season.

For the LGCHL ... I'm not sure if anyone has talked about adding another league to even out all the brackets but maybe add SHL or any of the international leagues featured in the game. I'm in favor of this. Good way to keep the league expanding and growing.

Happy New Year boys!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    D1SCOFEVER
  2. Kotkaniemi

Kotkaniemi Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ImLudo27#4895
    Ratings:
    +189 / 10 / -17
    Pretty sure you talked about it with the NCAA. Teams had like 5 TCs, expansion sounds scary.

In Hockey Ultimate Team
    mike71111
  3. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 OWNER OF THE QMJ CHAMP SEA DOGS

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +778 / 40 / -101
    The LG Blackhawks suck. No one would watch

MrImster
  4. Method018

Method018 Active Member

Discord:
    Method018#9669
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1
    @Kotkaniemi that's exactly my point. If you aren't "discovered" by time your 45 games are played as a prospect why take the place of someone who may actually be better. A's and V's can get called up at any time based off their performance in the league. Prospects are the ones that everyone is looking for to get good cheap talent. Restricting this tourney to just the P's would remove some of the "buddy league" vibe and become something people will actually be more interested in playing/following. Active owners who want to scout new names will be more likely to apply for ownership, prospects who may not know a lot of people in and around the league will be more likely to join up knowing its a feeder season to get discovered. Honestly, allowing Vets and Amatures to participate just moves the focus from finding new talent to getting buddies together to "win" something.

Method018
  5. Kotkaniemi

Discord:
    ImLudo27#4895
    Ratings:
    +189 / 10 / -17
    I think the level of trust you have in the owners is quite low. The LGWJC cause you basically get a full LG season in a few days, removing the amateurs and veterans removes a big chunk of who you play with in the C. Plus you wanna tell all them As and Vs to fuck off over the holidays? The prospects don't need to get handed a stick to get opportunities. I don't want to sound like a dick but when I play with prospects who haven't played that many games and have been around for a long time, I usually see why that is the case. Plus, when you say the owners and managers would be more interested in watching and using this as scouting, you'll have to explain to me why lowering the the similarity with the C will help. If you remove A's and V's it removes a lot of the similarity with LG. If I'm an owner and I see a prospect can do it against similar players he'd face in the CHL, I'd be much more interested than if I see he can do it against a really different group of players to what he'd face in the C.

• Like Like x 2
    In Hockey Ultimate Team
    mike71111
  6. Method018

Method018 Active Member

Discord:
    Method018#9669
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

I guess we just view it differently. I agree the level of play is elevated with A's and V's involved. But Most of them have been Roster and involved in regular teams. I expect the WJC to be for those who maybe didn't get a bid, but think they should've. to keep TC's active and involved in the league, and to discover new talent. Vets and Amatures already know now great the league is and how much fun it can be, even if you aren't the best. Recruiting and selling the brand is what I'm thinking here. Limiting it to "new" people I think would do those things. Even tho you are right it would take it away from people who are LG regulars.

i guess thats why this is a "suggestion" and not hard set law. I would love to see a Prospect only tourney, what ever they call it.

Method018
  7. Kid_Icarus__88

Kid_Icarus__88 Belleviile Senators GM S9

Discord:
    Kid_Icarus__88#9574
    Ratings:
    +365 / 163 / -190
    If the league were to convert to 12 game weeks instead of 9 and have all 3 time slots Sunday to Wednesday each player would be eligible to play 4 games a week where 1 week the team would play 10 games where one line would get the extra game. Shrink the 9 week schedule to 7 weeks, have the trade deadline after week 5 and roster locks after week 6. Your first season on each release would finish before the Xmas break and not have that layoff in between. Taking 2 weeks off the first 2 seasons would give the 3rd season a projected finishing time of late July or early August and give people a month summer break from the game but for the diehards you can run a World Cup tournament for 4 weeks til the next season starts in early September.

Kid_Icarus__88
  8. D1SCOFEVER

D1SCOFEVER Chris Disco

Discord:
    D1SCOFEVER (LW)#9536
    Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -4
    Add CHL league to the LGCHL to even things out... Done call it a day... imo I don't think an ECHL team should have a bye week in the playoffs while everyone else in the league is grinding it out to the next round.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    D1SCOFEVER
  9. Kotkaniemi

Discord:
    ImLudo27#4895
    Ratings:
    +189 / 10 / -17
    I don't think saying pretty much the same thing over and over makes them want to adopt your idea. You realize if we have expansion it's not one more league, it's going to be more ECHL and what you don't like will be gone. You need to understand that they couldn't add too many teams at once in order to keep a decent experience.

In Hockey Ultimate Team
    mike71111
  10. Farx9

Farx9 S8/S9/S10 Hamilton Bulldogs Owner

Discord:
    Farx9#0786
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -1
    It’s not a bye week as they’ve won the echl title then onto memorial cup, it’s just marked as bye week

No Streaming Account
  11. xSS_GotEmCoach_

xSS_GotEmCoach_ S9 Moose Jaw AGM

Ratings:
    +76 / 6 / -5
    Current League:LGCHL PSN

Situation That Occurred: WHL Scheduling for the East and Central, along with the other two divisions, were a rotation of the same 11 teams every week. So for the 9 games a week it was pretty much the same teams, and mostly on the same nights every week. This is not fun, especially if you were assigned to certain nights. EXAMPLE: A Wednesday only line would face about 4 or 5 teams all season.

Suggestion for Change:Schedule teams from all WHL divisions and possibly one week that is a OHL vs WHL and Q v ECHL week or something to mix it up.

• Informative Informative x 1
    xss_gotemcoach_
  12. Bmottly

Bmottly Erie Otters Owner LD #39

Discord:
    bmottly#2214
    Ratings:
    +79 / 18 / -7
    I haven’t thought this through much but

Eliminate one of the CHL conferences and expand the ECHL to the full 28 teams. Put the ECHL where it belongs in between the AHL and CHL creating a 4th tier. This would expand the league slightly depending on which CHL conference was eliminated.

• Informative Informative x 1
    bmottly