Saeson 1 Playoffs/offseason chatter

Discussion in 'Association' started by bingo king, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I'm gonna kill 2 birds with 1 post here. i apologize for not being on top of this but my home computer has been giving me unexpecetd problems and isn't working so i haven't been able to update until now while i'm at work. I will get the offseason talk going through my phone but this is a lengthy one.

1st. the playoffs have started and advancing quickly. They should end within the next day or two and the league will advance to the offseason automatically. Once the playoffs end a 24 hour timer starts for you to handle: Player Options..resigning your free agents...and setting up your draft priority list and free agency priority list. That will be an automatic 24 hours. Once that 24 hours passes it goes to the draft. if i'm not on it gets pushed back one day and I can assign a time and date for us to draft.

So my question is will monday work for you guys? It would have to be after 9 pm central time zone but if something around that time is manageable for you guys please inform me. otherwise I will set it for 10 pm central time zone on Monday december 26th. I know you guys are usually on around than when i get on.

I know it's holidays and if that doesn't work we can arrange it for a 11 pm central zone any other day. next week. but i'd like to get it in quick.

Once we draft we are able to quickly sign our rookies and than it advances to the free agency. This is handled with 13 rounds and automatically set at 1 minute intervals. It's fast paced and exciting, i've already done it and it's fun and crazy much like a real offseason.

Once free agency ends another timer of 24 hours starts and that is used for nothing really outside of doing training camps. Not sure why 2k decided we needed 24 hours to do training camps but we have to wait. After that our new season will start.

This is a quick update and info post. Not much about playoffs as i seriously dropped the ball and apologize. Any questions or comments guys please post below. Also include if that time for the draft will work or what would work and we can work on it.

our league is ending during a crazy period for everyone and i hope we can make it work.

thanks guys. keep up the good work and post some updates on your teams. I enjoy reading your thoughts and how your games are going.

BingoKing91
  2. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Playing the computer is still hard for me, but I am not giving up.

10 pm Central is fine with me. Anything special I need to know other than logging into our league at that time?

3. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Bingo, I had to go see family on the today(26th). Just got back.

No Streaming Account
  4. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The playoffs were still going last night, so what day and time is it set to now?

5. realdeal

realdeal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It might be over around midnite

No Streaming Account
  6. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Our timer has gone from 4 hours. to 8 hours advances. Im not sure if it's due to our activity level going from high to medium or the playoffs they slowed it down. but either way. The finals were on last night when I checked and i didn't get a chance to check them today. I'm assuming realdeals assumption of midnight tonite( which time zone Real?) would be correct. I'm hoping that's correct as I'd be home for both times to be on top of it.

if it is midnight(central) and our timer starts for the 1st section of Offseason tonight. Would u guys want to do a late draft and free agency tomorrow night at midnight? if thats the advance time i can be on at midnight and set it for like 1215 am that night..

I know that can be late for a couple of you guys so if it won't work let me know. otherwise hit me up tonight when i get on xbox live and we can talk about. i'll be done around 11 pm central tonight.

let me know what u guys are thinking.

Marauders I know what ur saying with it still being tough. I ended my season at 2-12 so I got a good pick coming to me in a crappy draft. I need to tool with my team a little more and advance Bayless a little more in training camp but my team was right there at the end with that uplooking play that lotta crappy teams do at the end of seasons to make it seem like we'll be good next year.

Pro is winnable but it's still tough. and I'll take that.

BingoKing91
  7. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Midnight is too late for me to start all that. I really like to get to bed by 11:30 pm CST. I don't mind staying up a little later than that, but starting that late is a bit much for me.

-------------------------------------------

Yeah, Pro is good. At least there is a chance to win if I can hold it together for a full game and not let them go on too many runs.

8. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Looks like heat couldn't sweep. It had another advance and will finish tnght.

BingoKing91
  9. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Off-season has advanced and due to medium pace we have a day and 16 hours until next phase. And if I'm not on when it advances automatocally itmoves back another day.

I got hosed. Worst record and I got 4th pick

BingoKing91
  10. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so do I move forward and do Offseason House keeping task? Will it advance me to the Draft?

No Streaming Account
  11. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    U do the 1st block of stuff. The next block doesn't unlock until I believe Friday morning at 4am

BingoKing91
  12. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    i believe the 1st section of offseason will end at 4 am this morning(friday). I'll try to be awake and on so I can set the draft time.

So what would work best? I was thinking between 11 and 12 pm central Friday night but thats just my opinion. maybe 1130? Marauders I know you've said 1130 is late. does that count with friday nights? The Draft and Free Agency takes maybe 30-45 minutes. I'd like to get the season started.

let me know guys. I'm gonna send xbl msgs also just to get all insights on this.

thanks guys.

BingoKing91
  13. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    doesn't really count on Friday nights, just work week nights. I can do that as long as have it set to do it then.

14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Get on now if u can. I can only push the time back 5 minutes at a time and its setvfor 130 central right now

BingoKing91
  15. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is really sad that 2k didn't have the foresight to know what they were doing with these online leagues. I can understanding keeping things moving, but at what cost?