Please Vote! Save Laval?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by I WIZ I, Mar 3, 2020.

?

Should the league step in?

1. No.

44.4%
  2. Yes.

44.4%
  3. Its complicated...

11.1%
  1. RZ Cave

RZ Cave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 4 / -6
    This is my first season in LG(been lurking for like 2 years haha). I'm TC on the Charlottetown Islanders & my rights are under Laval. Being able to actually play in the AHL or ice time at all has been fun & everyone has been very helpful and supportive regardless of our record. Yes, some guys stats will take a hit etc but nobody should be afraid of the grind.

I can see for vets who've been in LG & on the team how this season can be frustrating. I see a bright opportunity, to grow with the team, & still make something of the season & build towards next year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Caveman2408
  2. xHoodler

xHoodler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -4
    No. It's not for the league to decide a team's fate. They bid their own players, you reap what you sow. You either make it a better situation... or don't.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Monstar Jay

Monstar Jay Hockey player

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -2
    I think players should be punished for allowing 15+ goals in a game, find out who was at fault for most of the goals and ban them as they ruin it for the rest of their teammates.

No Streaming Account
  4. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Get rid of "free contracts." Instead, manager salary is set as their average salary for the past 3 played seasons * a position factor. You set a higher multiplier for goalies than for skaters. The intent is to make the value of the free GM contract roughly equal between skaters and goalies. If top goalies routinely make 1/3 of
    I like your idea, but why not base it on their average salary over their past 3 seasons in that league? Salary isn't perfect either, but it should be good enough to rely on the value already determined through previous bidding cycles. You then apply a multiplier which varies per position (F, D, G) to normalize the values a bit and there you go. That guy who averaged $8 million per season as a C might only count $2 million to cap, but the goalie who averages 1 million might just count 500k (or $0). You want to encourage people to manage and this provides continued incentive for highly valued players to manage while also modestly lessening the cap impact it has on other teams. You make it into a carrot for all potential managers instead of a baseball bat for a few.

No Streaming Account
  5. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    Salary applied by the league is NEVER going to work because:

1 - BOGs already struggle with their tasks that some of you forget they are doing for free.

2 - Stats aren't representative of actual people's skills. Line matching in the regular season is completely random and some really good players stats take a hit because of it, while bad players get blessed by it.

3 - System works. Every league has shit teams. Only 16 teams makes playoffs regardless of how good every team is. People will quit/be toxic as soon as their team below the quota. Even if everybody was super even.

4 - You can't control quitters, avails and even less so chemistry. Everything we do as managers during bidding is basically flipping a coin and praying for the best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

5 - If anyone would just stop worrying about their record and start worrying about their actual gameplay and decision making, we wouldn't have this problem.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Itz NoMo

Itz NoMo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Itz NoMo#2033
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    I'm On San Antonio, Wr had a major discussion in the discord saying the only way to get wins is to get on and play with each other. Figure out what isnt working on the ice, and change it up. PRACTICE. PRACTICE. PRACTICE. That's all I can say. It's not all on management to get wins and players out. If you sign up you're making the commitment to play. Laval just needs motivation, I promise if the lines played club they'd start to build some chem.

Itz_NoMo
  7. Holta

Holta __________________________________________________

Discord:
    holtaa#0
    Ratings:
    +312 / 105 / -111
    Won a game in Laval here

• Winner Winner x 2
    HoIta
  8. Holta

Holta __________________________________________________

Discord:
    holtaa#0
    Ratings:
    +312 / 105 / -111
    HoIta
  9. P GUIN91

P GUIN91 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 15 / -30
    Waive me with wonger we share the bed

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Marr570

Marr570 Cup Check

Discord:
    Marr570#8101
    Ratings:
    +545 / 52 / -48
    That’s what rollinj thought. See that worked out for him...

marr570
  11. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    And to think this guy was begging to be an NHL Owner. And he couldn't even take AHL Management without quitting.

DaYoungBuck