Scheduling Setup

Discussion in 'Halo 5' started by Tiddus, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Schedule Choices

1. Challenges

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Set Schedule

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Tiddus

Tiddus Hall of Fame Staff Member

Discord:
    Tiddus#1000
    Ratings:
    +808 / 22 / -64
    Simple and easy for this poll question.

Would you prefer to have a setup where you manually challenge teams and they have to accept or would you prefer a set schedule each week similar to other Leagues that are currently active on League Gaming?

To go into more detail with the set schedule it would mean this: If we have 20 teams and we want to run a four week season it would possibly mean that would play each team once per week.

Tiddus08
  2. BagelPen

BagelPen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 6 / -4
    I believe at the start the challenge system is by far the best. Being a start up league on LG, the challenge system will allow teams to join at any point as we grow this part of LG.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. BagelPen

BagelPen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 6 / -4
    If a challenge system is used it has to be a points system and can't be based off of record

No Streaming Account
  4. xX Z3NO Xx

xX Z3NO Xx Former 14+ Season Xbox CHL Commissioner

Discord:
    Zeno#9083
    Ratings:
    +2,571 / 54 / -97
    Agreed

xX_Z3NO_Xx
  5. bevstrong72

bevstrong72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -2
    Yeah, I have seen the point system work well on other sites.

No Streaming Account
  6. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Challenges is by far the best option for schedules as well as growth, I have full faith in tris being able to make a system for this as well.

Sevv_09
  7. Tiddus

Tiddus Hall of Fame Staff Member

Discord:
    Tiddus#1000
    Ratings:
    +808 / 22 / -64
    How would you like to see the points system work? I need some detail around it to see what we can build as I'm leaning more towards a blind challenge system similar to like NHLPro Series uses

Tiddus08
  8. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    I like the blind challenge system stops scrub hunting that happens on GB a lot. Depends on which point system mentor is looking at but there is a few in use.

Sevv_09
  9. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    I think as you build the member count, you can separate into tiers. Your seasons - if you will -
    can result in relegation or advancement (similar to what FIFA does in their premier leagues). You can go off of Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze with Bronze tier having the most teams. This would ensure teams that are good at the buttons advance to play teams in the proper bracket. This would separate out the lower tier teams from the higher tier teams. Ideally you would have 10 teams per tier (could grow to 18), and have the bottom/top 2 teams in each division be relegate/advanced into the proper tier. the remaining 8/16 teams will run a playoff style best of 5 playlist series (similar to MLG in halo 2 on). I was apart of plenty of these events back in H2, and it worked really well.

The only thing you need to be cautious of is that a tier based relegation/advancement table will take 3-5 seasons to properly place teams in the correct bracket. A team that goes undefeated by a landslide may be able to jump a tier if they are in bronze, but you need 3 seasons to properly place the teams in the right bracket.

Until that point, you really need to have some sort of assigned schedule that can be assigned by randomly matching teams in a schedule format. Have those teams set up a time that works best for them, and make sure all games are played by the next weeks schedule. You can still run the league on points basis, but you need to have some sort of schedule to prevent scrub matching (for lack of better terms). The challenges can be done on players own time, and would best work to avoid time conflicts with other leagues players may play in.

Just my 2 cents. I loved playing MLG back in the day, and did fairly well. Hoping to get back to the halo roots again with H5. So far I have cautions optimism. Hit me up if your down to play!

• Like Like x 1
    frostx7
  10. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Please see above post

frostx7