Season 1 Stat Leaders

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by jmarks2001, Mar 17, 2004.

1. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Season 1 Stat Leader

I know that this information is available in the "Stats" page on the web site, but I though it would be cool to showcase the leaders of some of the more "prestigous" stat categories. Also I wanted to remove some of the players that might show up as near the top when you sort them, but haven't played enough rounds to really be considered a leader in that category yet.

Note: Only players with 12 Rounds (216 holes played) or more have been included.

Scoring Avg.
    1. SlapHappy (-13.92)
    2. CanEHdian (-13.67)
    3. Longshot9 (-13.08 )

Putts per Hole
    1. OV DEESNUTZ (1.198)
    2. CanEHdian (1.245)
    3. Army of 1 (1.247)

Chip-Ins
    1. meatwhistle (12)
    2. jujimum (10)
    3. SlapHappy (9)

Par Save %
    1. CanEHdian (89.56%)
    2. KillerMonkey (88.89%)
    3. soadversion7(85.69%)

Greens in Reg %
    1. SlapHappy (86.81%)
    2. ShivasIrons (86.57%)
    3. LongShot9 (86.11%)

Long Drive
    1. getup (442 yds)
    2. DELIBERTO (439 yds)
    3. TMG620 (436 yds)

Fairway %
    1. CanEHdian (89.6%)
    2. King Kobra (88.8%)
    3. Vestal (88.4%)

Not to make more work for Tris10...but who would like to see this format occupy the space on the main page where the Top 10 Birdies, Eagles, and Bogeys?

No Streaming Account
  2. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jmarks, I am fine with it staying on the Stats page myself. I could see where it would be kind of cool to have 'em on the front page, but I don't mind clicking on the stats page to view this either...especially since they're sortable!! That's just my answer though.

No Streaming Account
  3. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i like the top 10 style like it currently is personally

No Streaming Account
  4. meatwhistle

meatwhistle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i don't know if me being the chip-in leader is a good thing, i think it means i am missing a lot of greens :wink: i have been better at chip-ins ever since i switched to the LW for chips of 25 yards or less.

No Streaming Account
  5. jmarks2001

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be nice to have a place where the stat leaders could get some recognition. Sure it's all sortable on the stats page, but are the leaders really memorable when you're looking at it that way? Also, someone who just started recently (and only played a tourney on an easy course) will likely have better numbers than someone who's been in all season (including more difficult courses), this format also provides a way to filter those out and let the "true" leaders be recognized.

Maybe this shouldn't be on the main page, but I thought that the Top 8 (not 10) Eagles, Birdies, and Bogeys leaders that are currently on the main page could be done away with in favor of more categories, listing less people (only the top 3). Also, the current Top 8 lists favor players who have played every round of every tournament since it's an aggregate number and not an average (which most of the above categories are). Maybe not on the front page, but what about a "Leaders" page to give a quick snapshot without all the sorting.

P.S. - I realize I'm writing checks that Tris10 will have to cash :D

No Streaming Account
  6. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I guess the thing for me is, I'm sick and tired of seeing those guys' names to begin with. :twisted:

Just kidding. A separate page would be cool though. I did agree with you Jmarks that it was a good idea for them to be on the front page of the scoreboard. I've ALWAYS been the type of person that doesn't want to cause more work for someone else though. It is a good idea, I was just saying it's also fine the way it is, so we didn't overburden Tris :wink:

No Streaming Account
  7. jmarks2001

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm speaking from the perspective of the guy who wrote the program to grab all the statistical information from XSN, so I have an interest in seeing as much done with it as possible. In truth, my part was the "sexy" part of the job. Tris' part is the grunt work. I don't expect anything to be done unless he wants to do it and can fit it into his schedule. I just wanted to get input from everyone else.

P.S. - I hope you know that I am not pushing for this in an effort to get my name displayed in the "leaders". I am not listed as a leader in any category on the current format on the main page, nor in my proposed format.

No Streaming Account