Season 18 Pre-Season Power Rankings - QMJHL

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by Crusader3200, Nov 11, 2021.

1. xHughes43x

xHughes43x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xHughes43x#9028
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -12
    Hey all, figured I'd try my hand at some power rankings. I'm heading into my second LG season, first one at the correct position. I thought it'd be a fun exercise to take a look at each team's roster after bidding heading into the season and assess the situation and where they stand in their respective league. I've set up the rankings to mimic the playoff format, so each league has a different system. This is completely unbiased and uninfluenced by anyone else other than myself. I looked at each roster and more intensely at the management setup and assigned each team a score. I then sorted teams by that score, leading to the power rankings. This is completely arbitrary and just for fun to generate discussion. If your team is highly ranked, congrats! I think you're in a good situation. If your team is poorly ranked, prove me wrong! I have no ill will towards anyone in the league and wish everyone success this season. This took me quite a few hours of work as I took this seriously and attempted to be as accurate as possible. When playoffs are about to begin, I'll check in on how I did and make some more comments about where things went right or wrong. I'll be splitting up each league into its own post as it's a lot to write at once and allows for specific league discussion under each post. Tomorrow will be the OHL and I'll post the WHL on Saturday. Without further ado, let's get right into it with our first league, the QMJHL.

QMJHL
    1. Sherbrooke Phoenix :team463:
    2. Moncton Wildcats :team365:
    3. Rimouski Oceanic :team465:
    4. Rouyn-Noranda Huskies :team462:
    5. Baie-Comeau Drakkar :team469:
    6. Blainville-Boisbriand Armada :team458:
    7. Halifax Mooseheads :team364:
    8. Victoriaville Tigres :team466:
    9. Cape Breton Eagles :team455:
    10. Gatineau Olympiques :team461:
    11. Val-d'Or Foreurs :team460:
    12. Acadie-Bathurst Titan :team456:
    13. Charlottetown Islanders :team457:
    14. Drummondville Voltigeurs :team459:
    15. Shawinigan Cataractes :team382:
    16. Chicoutimi Sagueneens :team468:
    17. Saint John Seadogs :team397:
    18. Quebec Remparts :team467:

1. Sherbrooke Phoenix :team463:
    This team was good last season, but I think they're primed for a breakout season and a QMJHL regular season banner. @Rob1ta1lle77 was with the team last season in a GM position and has taken over as owner. @Bxrgeron is the new GM and sports a ridiculous 22-3-4 record. @ImSooSorreh is no slouch either, forming one of the most formidable management trios in the entire CHL. Watch out for the Phoenix to spread their wings and take the QMJHL by storm.

2. Moncton Wildcats :team365:
    A perennial contender, Moncton looks primed for a bounceback after a slightly down season according to their lofty standards. @iix-CONQU3R always builds stupid good teams and this season looks like no exception. @LaineXx29xX and @Mutt_Anderson are the expensive duo for the Wildcats this season and the team will rely on them for production at both ends of the ice. They should push Sherbrooke hard for the #1 seed and I expect a great race down the stretch at the end of the season.

3. Rimouski Oceanic :team465:
    A completely new management group led by @Tantillo818 are looking to bring Rimouski back to the top of the league, and they have a great shot. Another contender for top spot. @Enzoren- is a legit first line centre and @Bilal x 19 forms a shutdown defensive pairing with Tantillo. @Nordstrom2197 will be looked upon as the veteran presence up front to provide the offensive spark. A well set up team looking to make some noise.

4. Rouyn-Noranda Huskies :team462:
    @Buky_2 returns as the Huskies owner and is looking to build off of a solid season last season. Watch out for @Brandon19___ to be one of the best goalies in the entire QMJHL. Picking him up at $750k is straight up highway robbery and those type of savvy decisions have set up the Huskies for a successful season. @Axxel29-_- was their big signing and with a hefty price tag, expectations will be high.

5. Baie-Comeau Drakkar :team469:
    @SPED3409 comes in to take over the revamped Drakkar. I'm not too familiar with this team but SPED always builds solid, contending teams so I'm expecting to see more of the same in Baie-Comeau this season. @Donkey_Biytchass and @LeHomieYosh are the highly paid forwards tasked with carrying the offence.

6. Blainville-Boisbriand Armada :team458:
    The Armada had a solid season last season and are bringing back the exact same management trio in owner @eZ_WiNS-313 , GM @beastkid558 and AGM @ncs220 . That structure and continuity I think will help the Armada build off last season and have success once again. @TWild10 will look to supply a lot of the offence and he'll be leaned on heavily throughout the season.

7. Halifax Mooseheads :team364:
    This ranking has the potential to look like one of the worst when the season comes to a close, but I'm sticking with my guns and the hot take that Halifax will end up outside the top six in the Q. @Pavelbarber88 returns as one of the most successful owners in the entire CHL, but has a new management team with him in @GucciStJean as GM and @Lequebecois93 as AGM. I'm not sold on Quebecois in particular, as he only has one CHL season under his belt, where he was a -7, albeit on a poor Chicoutimi team. It remains to be seen whether he's worth the AGM price tag and has a lot to prove this season. @Lxvesque is always dangerous up front and will be a key piece for the Mooseheads.

8. Victoriaville Tigres :team466:
    Entirely new management in Victoriaville this season, as @BaRtMaN42008 takes over. The team looks solid if unspectacular, and looks primed for a decent, middle of the road season. @seeteasee , @Jeztix and @AvoidingFamily are the team's big three and will be heavily relied on.

9. Cape Breton Eagles :team455:
    Another new management team, @Bv_Ares comes over from South Carolina to take the Eagles job. He always builds solid teams and I expect more of the same in Cape Breton. @LGallagherL11 is an interesting choice as GM, as he's inexperienced with only one CHL season under his belt but played well in Prince George, scoring nearly four points per game. @Slimsmitty1602 comes over from the Stingrays with Ares and maintains his AGM position. @i-Envvy- came at an incredibly expensive $6m price tag, and will need to go ham this season to justify the hefty price paid to secure his services.

10. Gatineau Olympiques :team461:
    @BigDaddyNinja11 returns as Gatineau's owner, looking to improve on last season's mediocre record. Losing @x_-NuCkZy-_x as AGM to the NHL is a huge blow, one the team will struggle to recover from. Bringing in @Lamb_Chopz_27 and @Beauregard03 as GM and AGM respectively should help mitigate that loss though, as both are explosive forwards who will need to supply a lot of the offence for this team. Having three forwards is an interesting management setup. I wonder if each will be on a different line or whether they'll stack one line and hope for the best with the rest. @That1Had2Hurt2 and @AnAmericanPsycho take on that much more importance as their top two paid defenceman, tasked with locking down the blueline. This team has an elite goaltending duo though, as @GravitySnipez72 should contend as arguably the best goalie in the Q and @FirebushNewFie is no slouch either.

11. Val-d'Or Foreurs :team460:
    It feels weird seeing the Foreurs this low, right? Truth is, this roster is just not up to par based on the wild success of the team in the past few seasons. @dj_kreation comes over from Iowa to take over the Foreurs. They by no means have a bad team, as @fighting_sleep_ and @Pickleboy1988 form another veteran forward trio in management. They continued to prioritize offence in bidding, picking up @kershaw1984 and @AlmightyShadows- on large contracts. They seem to have mostly ignored defence, an often fatal flaw of team constructions. I'm not sold on this team for that reason, and I think they'll have to win a lot of barn burners to stay afloat this season.

12. Acadie-Bathurst Titan :team456:
    The Titan struggled last season to a below .500 record and I'm expecting more of the same. @kingprather returns for his millionth season as owner and that vast experience I think is a redeeming factor for this team, but I'm just not seeing enough talent on paper to contend in the top half of the Q. @D1SCOFEVER and @DonnyBrasco1111 will be looked upon to create on offence.

13. Charlottetown Islanders :team457:
    @Bsavage28 takes over the Islanders as part of a completely new management team in Charlottetown. I have a lot of questions about @DirtyCharmanderX as GM but @RyGuy91x is a solid player despite the lack of LG experience and will look to shut things down on defence. This team went all out to acquire @Ironside197 at $6m and it looks like the strength of the rest of the roster has suffered as a result. The x-factor for this team is its goaltending, as @Klaybuckets- is solid in net and @Swaymxn is one of the most baffling goalies I've ever played with. Some games he's completely lights out, others he looks a bit lost. If he can flip that switch permanently on this season and Iron can somehow justify the high price, the Islanders could make some noise.

14. Drummondville Voltigeurs :team459:
    @DatsyukQC13 returns as Voltigeurs owner after having a mediocre season last season. I'm not sold on him as an owner, as that utterly disastrous Allen season was only two seasons ago. I don't think they'll be at the bottom of the Q but I'm not sold on the construction of this team. @Method-_-Man36 is a solid forward who had a good season last season in his return to LG, but @Vince_19QC is inexperienced and struggled last season on defence and doesn't particularly seem worthy of the AGM price tag. The team splashed a lot of cash on defence to pick up @Damorien and @dantas101 which I do think will help.

15. Shawinigan Cataractes :team382:
    @Esiasonfan is back as owner and looks set up for another poor season. Both managers, @dtala17 and @xSheLovesSnags have next to no experience and neither look worthy of the spot. With none of the three managers looking capable of carrying the team, it could be a long season in Shawinigan. @god_of_war_22 and @KxllDrxp- will look to supply the offence up front.

16. Chicoutimi Sagueneens :team468:
    Another new management team as @Leprechaun4488 comes over from Allen after a poor season. He looks set up for the same in Chicoutimi unfortunately. The saving grace for this team could come from up front, as @Spelliscy_21 and @AyWaves are nasty forwards. But they can only do so much, and whether they get help will determine how Chicoutimi's season goes. @Alomo33 will look to provide a bit of that help as he comes over for a decent sized price tag.

17. Saint John Seadogs :team397:
    The Seadogs thankfully bring in all new management after a horrific season, but unfortunately look set up for more of the same this season. @X_Booty_X3 comes over after a decent season from Idaho, but has changed his position to RW. His first full season up front could turn into an ill-fated adventure and damage the team's chances at making the playoffs. @dmcgloin will likely be responsible for a lot of the offence as he has wicked shot and will need to use it if the Seadogs are to have a chance this season. This will be @Rosa-Leaf 's introduction to the CHL and the league better watch out. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if she was one of the top goalies in the Q despite playing on a poor team.

18. Quebec Remparts :team467:
    This has the potential to be one of the biggest tire fires in CHL history. How @thebrothersiron was approved for ownership is beyond me, as he only has three games played in the CHL, losing all three last season. Not only that, he brought in @luketheotherway as GM, who's also 0-3 in the CHL. This entire situation is extremely suspicious, and honestly I'd be monitoring them extremely closely for some second tag nonsense. When was the last time you saw an owner and GM have a combined record of 0-6? How did the LG bogs approve this? A lot of capable owners such as @Lock3rs420 or the Worcester crew from last season would've been much better suited to take over a team. Even if this bizarre situation is legit, having both the owner and GM be rookies will be nearly impossible for the team to overcome. Things are not looking great for the Remparts this season.

And that's it! The QMJHL is complete. I hope you all enjoyed. Please leave your feedback below and I'll see you all tomorrow with the OHL. Cheers!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    xhughes43x
  2. Carbeen-

Carbeen- Carried to Mem Cup S11

Ratings:
    +818 / 77 / -119
    Not much different than my tier list which means I'm not totally out to lunch LOL. Great work on the media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    beencast
  3. xHughes43x

Discord:
    xHughes43x#9028
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -12
    Thanks! Enjoyed watching your video as well!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    xhughes43x
  4. vMinsky35-

vMinsky35- CHL Lifer

Discord:
    vMinsky35-#4912
    Ratings:
    +114 / 8 / -33
    vMinsky35
  5. Leprechaun4488

Leprechaun4488 Chicoutimi Saguenéens Owner

Discord:
    Leprechaun#4657
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -8
    Clearly didn't see the entire forward group and the fact I owned Allen last season

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    leprechaun4488
  6. xHughes43x

Discord:
    xHughes43x#9028
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -12
    Tomorrow

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    xhughes43x
  7. xHughes43x

Discord:
    xHughes43x#9028
    Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -12
    I can only mention so many people for each team, this already took me two hours and I focused on the three forwards I thought would play a big part. Up front is not where I'm concerned about your team, it's on defence. I mentioned you owned Allen last season.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    xhughes43x
  8. Nordstrom2197

Nordstrom2197 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. FartBoxSniffer-

FartBoxSniffer- "Offensive Discord Name & Bio"

Ratings:
    +447 / 64 / -302
    1. Rangers
    2. Firebirds
    3. Frontenacs
    4-19. Everyone else
    20. Bulldogs

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. dantas101

dantas101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -16
    Awesome work and thanks for the kind words. Drummondville gonna make some noise!

Wish you all the best this season

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. HillysEgo

HillysEgo Was Good Once

Ratings:
    +110 / 4 / -38
    Thx I needed some motivation

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. LeHomieYosh

LeHomieYosh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 11 / -77
    Great work !

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. thebrothersiron

thebrothersiron Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -5
    I respect your stance on these power rankings but think people look at records a bit to much and nothing else. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with Quebec this season, and cant wait to prove your words about us wrong!

Nice write up and thanks for taking the time to do it even if I dont 100% agree with it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    storm_the_parade
  14. Rob1ta1lle77

Rob1ta1lle77 Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -3
    Thanks for the kind words, i do think that Moncton as a big step infront of us and probably other teams too. Time will tell if we can live up to your words.

Good job

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Live by S I N

Live by S I N LivebySIN

Ratings:
    +145 / 7 / -15
    Not happy where team is ranked but over good write up! Great job! Time to show you there's another good FWD on the Sags!

• Like Like x 4
    livebysin
  16. imJefeTheGreat

imJefeTheGreat Warning Group

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -30
    Yikes, stick to bumming in TC discords. If it's your second season in the league, learn a little bit more before you comment on anything.

Terrible writeup, not a decent thing to say about Quebec, yet you spent 2 hours on this?

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Mr_Kassel

Mr_Kassel Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Though I haven't played with them a ton, I think the group over in Shawinigan will be stronger than 15. Just a speculation of course, but @Esiasonfan and @dtala17 put together a strong France group in juniors, looks like they've got strong members on this roster as well

No Streaming Account
  18. ImSooSorreh

ImSooSorreh Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ImSooSorreh#3600
    Ratings:
    +55 / 5 / -17
    Thanks @Crusader3200 , I'm sure the Q will be a great challenge this szn. I expect greatness from each team in the Q this Season.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  19. LeKotkaniemi

LeKotkaniemi Young Old Head

Discord:
    LeKotkaniemi#4895
    Ratings:
    +731 / 16 / -45
    Ironic

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    mike71111
  20. Dbtp80

Dbtp80 Doing my thing!

Discord:
    dbtp80 (Rangers)#0636
    Ratings:
    +186 / 11 / -30
    11th huh...... its ok, its always better to be the underdog and turn heads!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    dbtp80