Season 2 ???

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by MLT24, Dec 8, 2014.

1. MLT24

MLT24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for putting on season 1 !!!

Was wondering when season 2 is going to start ?

Done with TGC Q-school and I am use to a Tourney to play every week. I have nothing to play Golf wise.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  2. simodinhio

simodinhio Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's all gone kinda quiet in regards to updating the final leaderboard and the arrangements for season 2. I hope everything's ok!

No Streaming Account
  3. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they are talking to TGT Tours and possibly looking to merge? The one thing that I don't like in TGCT is that the console leaderboard and the PC one are combined. Despite my efforts to change the minds at TGCT, they refuse to give consoles their own. Until that changes, TGCT will just be a "play for fun" thing for me and not taken all that seriosuly from a competitive standpoint.

No Streaming Account
  4. MLT24

MLT24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I hope they don't merge!. I too like having a PS4 ONLY tour. Plus just one League is not enuf to keep my week busy with golf. I cud use 3 actually.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. simodinhio

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Nevada, what are your reasons for not taking TGCT seriously? Do you believe it's easier to score on the PC compared to the PS4 or vice versa? In my opinion they have spread the players too thinly. Most the people who don't get a tour card will probably drop out, and eventually a lot will on the main tours too. This will leave just the hardcore, so the fact it's split into 2 will probably leave quite low numbers remaining on them, especially the Euro version. Even on this well run Tour we've seen a huge amount of drop outs from week 1.

No Streaming Account
  6. NCFCRulz2007

NCFCRulz2007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My issue is the lack of a reply on here. Only takes 30 seconds to put a post up stating further info will be available in due course for season 2.

No Streaming Account
  7. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I played early access on PC before the game released on the console. There have been several conversations ad naseum about the different controller devices available to PC users to ensure more consistent shots. Many mouse users use straight edges taped to their desks to minimize the deviation off center as well.

Let's put it this way..... I'll be shocked if anyone on a console ever wins a weekly event. Ever.

No Streaming Account
  8. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    We're still here, guys. But it's a very busy time for all 3 staff, and I personally have both business (audit of my business next week) and personal (two of my children need surgeries, first one next week) have me a little distracted. But we are discussing what improvements we want to make for the new season, and try to improve the experience. We need more people than we had at the end. Bottom Line.

Patience is appreciated. But I personally wouldn't expect us to start the new Season until after the holidays. That's my personal preference.

fkncommishlb
  9. blueorfe

blueorfe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks commish. I hope all goes well with your childrens operations. Family comes before anything else.

No Streaming Account
  10. NCFCRulz2007

NCFCRulz2007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How about a league structure so you would have tiered leagues with say 12 competitors in each. Each week each league has its own tournament and at end of it top 2 go up and bottom 2 go down. If new people join they start at bottom and if any good only take a few weeks to reach the top.

Would be a different refreshing format and would keep people interested. If you fail to play a week you are automatically in bottom 2 and would disappear after a few weeks. Obviously if have reason then you can be immune for a week.

No Streaming Account
  11. simodinhio

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update commish, appreciate all your work.

No Streaming Account
  12. CanuckHoser

CanuckHoser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like this or something similar. I will be honest. I am brutal at the game. Like my real life game, I have about 4-5 shots a round that are fantastic. The rest are average to terrible. I play every tournament because it is fun and the app integration makes it SO easy to stay connected (wish every league used it). I know that I will NEVER compete with the big dogs on LGGT, which is fine, but tiering would allow me to have some competition with a thin hope of moving up to higher levels. I really love the game and enjoy the league (though not all course selections).

As far as merging, I think LGGT and TGCTOURS both have strengths and weaknesses:

LGGT strength
    - app
    - console specific

LGGT weakness
    - tiering/seperate tours
    - course selection
    - though I take advantage of this, can wrack up points playing EVERY week

TGCTours strengths
    - q school
    - tiers/tours
    - course selection
    - course design aspect/certification/approval to a set of standards

TGCTOURS weakness

- no app
    - not console specific
    - not enough players to fill all tiers/tours.

I would love to see a merge (provided it is console specific). Both would thrive together. Though the user would have fewer tours to play on a weekly basis.

Alternatively, I would love to see HBS actually get involved with both and partner with a LGGT/TGCTour merger to give a complete option that include stats/telemetry data, tiers, app, course selection, console specific....one can dream.

No Streaming Account
  13. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    This is what has stopped me from really improving our Leagues. I was expecting more/better support from HB. We all know how we pushed (and were promised) an API to automate everything, But it was worse then that, they wouldn't even check out the mobile app , which i think is a huge strength and something cool to offer that even they dont have...

14. CanuckHoser

CanuckHoser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is a tad bit disappointing. In fact more than a tad.

No Streaming Account
  15. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I did bring this up during a Twitch live round with Lorin and Anthony Kyne. I think we should address this with Anthony after the New Year. He's on holiday now until 1/2.

fkncommishlb
  16. Terry_HQ

Terry_HQ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    cool thats it for now then guys so i will relax and would like to play match play games with ne1 free so please add me on psn and lets make a party chat and have some fun

No Streaming Account