Xbox Season 20 Power Rankings East and West

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Schizostone, May 26, 2019.

?

What team is ranked too low

Poll closed Jun 2, 2019.
  1. Heat

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Raptors

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Wizards

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  4. Sixers

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. Celtics

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  6. Suns

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Clippers

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. Mavericks

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  9. Jazz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Spurs

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    Hey there everyone. I was bored and decided I'd take some time out to do some pre-season power rankings. Hope you all enjoy the read.

*Disclaimer* Some of you may be offended by this, but note this is based on my personal (and I tried to be unbiased to my team and/or friends) opinion and if I haven't played with you chances are I've got no idea who you are.
    LGBA Power Rankings
    1.:team84:
    2.:team100:
    3.:team97:
    4.:team92:
    5. :team89:
    6.:team105:
    7.:team107:
    8.:team99:
    9.:team83:
    10.:team80:
    11.:team106:
    12.:team103:
    East:

:team80: Boston Celtics: @D Rise 1 and @A Sniper13 come into this season looking to make some noise in a very deep eastern conference. They have picked up some nice pieces like @Extremee888 and @KRAZEONE58 but have also got a few guys who I'm unsure will fit in with the current group. Drise seems to be moving to a lockdown build so it will be interesting if they have the shooters to adjust for both management be inside threats. I also think both their point guards are primarily scorers so it will be interesting to see what sort of schemes they come up with against some of the tougher lineups in the league.

My X-factor for this team is @PensCanuks, He was the AGM of a terrible Memphis team last season (that he didnt build but ended up running) but personally is a knockdown shooter who if they can get open looks should bury 55-65% of his 3 balls.

Verdict: This will not be the exact same team week 4 that it is today and depending on what moves they make depends where they finish. This team right now will be competitive as I think the east will be tight but right now I dont see them being deep enough to jump ahead of some groups with more chemistry.

:team92: Miami Heat: @MINICHUD MASON and @Sam F N STACKS are back again after a disappointing loss in the finals last season looking for redemption. With a relativity rebuilt roster it looks like they've brought a few new fellas with them. I honestly don't know a ton about many of these players but knowing mason he wouldn't of spent the money on them if they weren't worth it. Im looking at @RiCo505 and @Cha1upaBatman3 and thinking these guys will end up being an pivotal part of the offense but again... don't know much other than what they signed up with.

My X-factor is going to be @Sam F N STACKS you know Sam is going to bring some high basketball IQ and some points but did Mason make the right call giving Sam his free contract as opposed to @D Andoo99 ... Time will tell

Verdict: I know this teams going to be good but I don't know how good so I have a tough time giving them the #1 seed in the east but I'm going to slot them in at #2.

:team97: New York Knicks: @Tb ToXiC and @th4 x w4ll look to bring some glory to the knickerbockers and aren't taking no for an answer. @th4 x w4ll coming in as the reigning DPOY and NBA Champ was an easy pick for toxic and there likely wasn't a better free contract out there. Adding @Dangs92 and @Viktomize gives this team a pretty potent lineup when they play the biggies and are going to come at you with a ton of spacing and knockdown shooting. I don't know a ton about lots of the other guys on the roster but if they are guys that wally has endorsed they are likely very good as he has an eye of talent.

My X-factor is going to be the second unit. We know what the main guys can do but unknown is whether the second unit can carry its weight. Like I said earlier tho Wall has an eye for talent so if they aren't up to snuff expect the Knicks to try and bring in some outside help.

Verdict: I'm putting the Knicks in the coveted #1 spot , expect them to be competitive each and every game and with their top line having a ton of chemistry expect them to jump out to an early lead in the eastern conference race.

:team99: Philadelphia 76ers: @ThankYouHinkie and @pr0fit3 come into their own in management with the watchful eye of papa @im just a squid (and his 11.5 mil contract) to help guide them along. This team is all friends and play together often so expect them to jump out and win some games early while other teams are trying to figure it out. They can't be happy with their finish last season and are likely hungry to go out there and get a taste of the post season. @im just a squid and @ThankYouHinkie are going to come out and get their points but I really do think they are only going to go as far as @pr0fit3 and @COSTA215 take them.

I have 2 X-factors for this team. The first I already touched on, @pr0fit3 and @COSTA215 being able to facilitate the offense and find the right plays down the floor. My second is @Longshot906. The guy can be a monster on the floor when hes feeling it, but can also be a liability when he's not.

Verdict: I think this team is going to win some games, and I think this team is going to lose some games. Honestly the 3 seed- 6 seed in the east is going to come down to the wire and I think any of those teams can leap each other. I think this team is going to finish at #5. My reasoning is that other teams in that neighborhood will be looking to improve all season whereas I think the Sixers will stand pat with their boys and fight through it. Again I think this will be withing a game or 2 at the end of the season and I could also see them finishing as high as 3rd.

:team105: Toronto Raptors: I just want to say GO RAPS GO (IRL). But in the Leaguegaming world @BigJayAyotte and @NfldTim come together again to try and put that game 5 loss from S19 behind them and make it to the promise land. They've got some of the regulars back with @Easy Macaroni and Big Bad @Beardo526 the weirdo. As well as bringing in some new faces to LGBA (old faces around the site) @Im Tom and @Coach Denham .

My X-Factor for this team is @Im Tom and @Coach Denham. These guys play a lot of ball and especially in a year where hockey hasn't been the most fun game to play expect these guys to come in and win some games. Whether they will be playing with the main group or on a line of their own, these guys know how to play and won't be shy to pass that knowledge on to others.

Verdict: I think this team will finish #3 in the East. They've got 2 good lines and with 4 weeks ahead of them to find who works with who I expect these guys to get hot late like they did last season. Jay isn't afraid to take FF wins so I expect them to get a few of those as well against guys who have less experience as management or those that think that the deadlines are "soft suggestions"

:team107:Washington Wizards: @IxGOTxDAxSAUCE and @Chipskylark2323 have decided after playing on a struggling Portland and Memphis teams last season that they want to try their hand at management. With a relativity unknown roster they have done a good job of bringing guys in with chemistry. @OG GrandPoppa and @Mattyice3288 both coming in to play pivotal rolls on their own lines respectively look for this team to come in and compete. They also brought in big name @x TERRY x 77 to come in and anchor the defense look for this team is be full of grit and grind.

My X-Factor is @Witman x 19. He has been on vacation up until this point and after a few long discussions about the scheme that the wizards are running he's looking to come in and be a difference maker.

Verdict: I think this team will finish with the #4 spot in the east. Again (and I can't say this enough) the bottom end of the east is going to be a warzone and honestly I can see any of the 4 team being interchangeable. But I feel like Washington's chemistry and defense will propel them into a 4th seed and playoff birth.

West:

:team83:
    Dallas Mavericks: @CubsCrusher14 is back at it again. Behind the 8 ball early on after his GM quit on him before the season (again) he ended up getting a real solid replacement this time in @TheRealProcess. Cubs is a smart manager and although his team right now looks somewhat pieced together hes got some real A+ pieces in last years finals MVP @Raynor, Commissioner @Nekski and sharpshooter @l King X Los l and I expect him to make some moves to significantly improve this roster by playoff time.

The X-Factor for the mavs is whether or not any of the 500k guys can step in and become crucial parts of this team. Although cubs made some questionable moves in bidding he did pick up @Hope Legacyy who can be a knockdown spot up shooter in the right system and I expect him to be one of the guys who finds a home inside the organization.

Verdict: I think the mavs will make some moves but ultimately will land in the #4 spot in a weaker lower half of the western conference.

:team84:
    Denver Nuggets: The mile high city continues to produce the gold standard of teams in the LGBA. After last seasons LGBA championship win the team has been wiped clean and has been replaced with key cogs to last years runners up @EveryThingNike1 and @ShawtyIsNumba1. Capitalizing on what some would call a mistake by Mason, the Nugs picked up @D Andoo99 for a hefty chunk of their cap but superstars win titles and these guys went out and bought theirs. Bringing in some of their friends from outside the league and winning bids on a few guys from last year look for Denver to be one of the toughest match-ups all season long.

My X-Factor is @ShawtyIsNumba1. I've heard she may be one of the most creative offensive players in the league but last season seemed to defer to some of the others on the pistons. So this season I'm looking to see her come into her own and make a case for league MVP.

Verdict: I think the Nuggets will finish up with the #1 spot in the West and likely will only be challenged by the Suns along the way.

:team89:
    L.A Clippers: Reigning league MVP @Beta Dreams has came back and this time hes brought his boys. After a fairly successful bidding the Beta boys are looking to run a train on the western conference. I played these guys in FNM finals way back when and I remember that they were very reliant on the 3 point game and I think these guys will put up a lot of points against teams that don't know how to play defence. On the opposite side of that I think they will get stifled by some of the stronger defensive teams.

My X-Factor is @Polar Cooks. Theres no denying the guy is one of the most talented players in the league and is absolutely lethal as a stretch 4 but he also quit on cubs last season after 1 rough game against a very good team. Regardless of the details if polar can stick it out and ride the ups and downs of the season he may be in the conversation for all-nba at the end of the season.

Verdict: I think the Clips will finish #3 in the west. I think they will score a ton of points against the teams that can't adjust to the barrage of 3 balls and may end up being the highest scoring team in the league. Beta may be in the conversation again for league MVP following in the footsteps of his hero Steve Nash (IDK if thats his hero lol)

:team100:
    Phoenix Suns: @ele905 and @Bands x LIE come into this season bringing in the big guns. Relativity unknown bid board its safe to say these guys got essentially everyone they targeted. @CPT84 was a key ECU in the playoffs last year for the championship nuggets going 2-1 and @ova experienced playing a key roll for the mavs. They also have @Just Djay who is one of my early season favorites for league MVP. These guys have a ton of chemistry and are deep as hell, and I'd put my money on them being in the NBA finals come end of the season.

My X-Factor for the Suns is @Torseti. I've played with him a few times and hes a SUPER talented offensive player who can drop 30 any night, but sometimes falls asleep on defense. Look to him to be a key contribute in this lineup.

Verdict: Although I think this team will end up being in the finals, I think they will land in the #2 spot at the end of the regular season. I think that ele will spread out the lineup during the season and get everybody involved and active but come playoffs this team is going to be tough to beat 3 times in a 5 game series.

:team103:
    San Antonio Spurs: New managers @Two Lag Shots and @WoE PaniX come in looking to make a name for themselves in the league. Coming out of bidding they picked up a large number of guys who scouted and as we seen last season for Memphis that doesn't always work out so well. They've got a few good pieces in @Uncle No Legs and @Hoffpacuhlypse but I question why you'd spend so little money on your point guards. Spending 500k on your backup is fine but if you're not bringing in a friend you're getting cheap to run the point then you have to go out there and spend money on your primary ball handler because they literally make or break your whole offense.

My X Factor for the Spurs is @Big Pete x 2. The guy understands spacing and how to win but hes signed up as a C and its going to be tough for him to direct his team while at the 5 and I question whether at some point him and @Creamsicle2011 will switch positions and he will be the starting PG

Verdict: I think right now this team really lacks an identity moreso and any other and I'm going to rank them at #6 in the Western Conference.

:team106: Utah Jazz: Last but not least the Utah Jazz. Led by @PRiME80nj and @Karl X Malowned these guys are another new tandem looking to make some noise in the west. After going out and acquiring arguable one of the 5 best PGs in the league in @xRICKOSHAY this team went out and got themselves an identity and a system with it. With everyone else on the roster being relatively unknown the question is whether the team will buy into Ricks gameplan on a nightly basis.

The X Factor for this team has to be the unknown players. I assume a few of these guys can ball but without ever playing with or against them I really don't have a ton to say about them.

Verdict: Im putting the Jazz at the #5 seed in the Western Conference basically because I really don't know anybody on the team outside of Rick but I do think they spent smarter money in bidding than the spurs so I'm giving them the nod.

If you made it this far thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed it (and don't get too angry about me trying to put out some media for you all to enjoy)

Till next time,
    Schizostone

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  2. Easy Macaroni

Easy Macaroni Alex

Discord:
    easymacaroni#0
    Ratings:
    +616 / 12 / -8
    You were doing so well until I read this...

• Funny Funny x 2
    EasyMacaroni
  3. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    I wanted to vote knicks but wasnt an option

4. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    I didnt add the 1st place teams from each conference to the poll lol

No Streaming Account
  5. Polar4124

Polar4124 Selling bodily fluids, pm for prices

Discord:
    Polar#6488
    Ratings:
    +181 / 35 / -36
    Feels good to be good I guess

• Like Like x 1
    I6IPolarI6I
  6. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    Calm down ele we are not that good lol he already has us as first in the East

Viktomize94
  7. Mike Is A Goat

Mike Is A Goat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -2
    I see a lot of capping.

No Streaming Account
  8. Im Tom

Im Tom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 4 / -9
    Who's that Coach Denham guy, heard hes some hot garbage