* New * Season 30 Suggestion Thread (NHL-AHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG McDonald, Apr 18, 2018.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,040 / 62 / -422
    As we enter the final night of the season, I am looking for suggestions from the community in regards any rule change ideas and or website improvement ideas you have!

I am not looking to change too much for next season, here is what I am looking at right now:

• Looking to add improvements to random assignment system to prevent further abuse and circumvention.
    • Looking to add more clarification to the "gentlemen's agreement" to allow for teams to set a hard deadline and take a forfeit after the :41 deadline.
    • I am looking to add some site changes to ensure a PSN ban, automatically removes a player from the Xbox league and vice versa.
    • I've seen a lot of suggestions to have the ban policy changed so a player CANNOT buyout to return within the same season the player was issued a ban. Unsure if this will be implemented but I am curious how much support this idea has.
    Besides that I don't have much else to change.

Please post your ideas

Thanks
    -Brodie

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Lg_commissioner
  2. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Ratings:
    +1,842 / 128 / -89
    It’s simple, people who are banned cannot buy out the same season.

• Like Like x 13
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    LG_Voracek
  3. POOPIE SNOOPY

POOPIE SNOOPY IM THE GREATEST EVER

Discord:
    POOPIE#8497
    Ratings:
    +779 / 192 / -150
    THIS or if banned and buyout get stuck in CHL and cannot ECU ahl or NHL (give em a separate script) to make sure they cannot

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    poopie_snoopy
  4. Ezreal

Ezreal The Bayside Tigers

Ratings:
    +586 / 12 / -74
    Remove the "notes" section from signups.

• Like Like x 15
  5. James HetfieId

James HetfieId New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -1
    Yea I agree that if your banned for "strikes, no showing or even throwing games purposely to get sent down" you shouldn't be able to buyout that ban and end up back in the CHL where you wanted to be in the first place... we had a player given a 3 season ban who was caught purposely throwing games, which he paid out the ban and ended right back where he wanted to be (in the CHL)... we even submitted screen shots of his owner admitting that he would just take the ban, buy it out and end up back in the CHL, so this was their plan all along...

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. ThirdLineGM

ThirdLineGM NHL has become idiot friendly. RIP.

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 292 / -265
    GET RID OF LBing TO STOP A SKATERS FORWARD PROGRESS/STRIP THE PUCK. Return the rule to what it was in VHL. No LBing outside of the defensive zone, and you cannot LB to strip a puck or stop a players progress.

• Like Like x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    imFaces
  7. Stewkos

Stewkos Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +411 / 8 / -6
    Even though I do it quite a bit I agree it's stupid, but how do you enforce this? What happens in a game if someone does this?

Unfortunately we're left at the mercy of what EA allows to work, we don't take goals off the board when the game forgets goalie interference is a thing.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Smitterr#5173
    Ratings:
    +399 / 16 / -13
    The VHL days the rules were no LBing outside the defensive zone, nor diving in the offensive zone. I believe when it happened, if the team gained possession of the puck for doing so they would have to turn it over to the other team right away. If I remember that correctly.

Very much so would like to see this.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Tatawaka

Tatawaka 2 Time, back to back, loser in Calder finals...

Ratings:
    +86 / 2 / -2
    I agree with that, but again the game allows it. I’m not a fan of having rules vs things that are “designed” in the game. If you try to enforce these kind of rules it can create grey zones, and that leads to suffering.

Tatawaka
  10. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,040 / 62 / -422
    she gone

• Like Like x 11
    Lg_commissioner
  11. ThirdLineGM

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 292 / -265
    It was enforced completely fine in VHL days. If you do use it to strip the puck you had to give possession to the other team, failure to do so if reported resulted in a suspension.

There is literally 0 counter play to the LB. It's an unhealthy and unrealistic 'feature' that needs a rule brought back for it because EA removed tripping penalties from LB.

imFaces
  12. Tatawaka

Tatawaka 2 Time, back to back, loser in Calder finals...

Ratings:
    +86 / 2 / -2
    I feel like it would create too much work for the enforcement team to decide every time 2 teams dont agree. Not every player knows the full rules of LG.
    Hell, Id like that there be a rule that if I poked the puck away from you while hitting the puck first and EA calling me a tripping penalty, that your team would “burn” the PP. it’s a flaw in the game too.

I do understand your point of view, but I feel like it’s one of those things that are too “grey”, or difficult to understand for all the players in LG leagues.

But I’m also a ”nobody” here, so my opinion probably doesnt have a lot of weight. Haha.

I’ll play regardless of what rules are decided and enforced.

Edt: I cant type to save my life...

• Like Like x 1
    Tatawaka
  13. Girgss

Girgss Noodz

Ratings:
    +1,960 / 48 / -95
    Get rid of 6-8 teams.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Troll x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. ThirdLineGM

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 292 / -265
    How is it a grey area? Don't LB outside of your zone, and don't LB to strip the puck. That seems pretty straight forward to me, I have no idea where this grey area is coming from.

This would literally just revert the rule to what it was from NHL 10 to NHL 16. And in response to the more work, if you don't comply with turning the puck over after you do it teams can file a complaint which will lead to penalties in future games/suspensions, just like every in game rule right now. There's literally no change on that front.

imFaces
  15. honesrule

honesrule What's an RT?

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    If only there was something for the players who don't know the rules to read so that they can learn them that would be great. Don't understand whats so hard to understand about don't lb to take the puck away in the offensive zone and if you do give it back. Also the lb is a glitch in the game that can be easily avoided unlike the goalie interference calls would you like to see the old ghost poke allowed if it still worked?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Breaky

Breaky Achy Breaky Heart

Ratings:
    +637 / 71 / -93
    My left index finger involuntarily twitches and hits LB

Breaky11
  17. Green Salt

Green Salt Hello

Discord:
    Salttt#9024
    Ratings:
    +440 / 24 / -29
    I know it's not a league suggestion but the widespread consistent 70+ ping is making me not want to sign up for summer season. It makes a relatively non-competitive game even more so. Bringing this to EA's attention should be a top priority. I haven't had a lag issue like this in any game before.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    Green__Salt
  18. SlickSTICKLY

SlickSTICKLY Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 4 / -0
    Bans should be the season before a buyout can occur.

I think if a person lags out twice an ecu needs to be for that person. I understand the penalty is to help with laggouts but we have played a couple games where 1 person would laggout each period. It ruins complete flow of the game.

I don’t mind the gentleman’s agreement :41 is sufficient amount of time to find someone for replacement. If truly a fix then maybe a documented discord for management can talk on while bogs can look at for specific late games but I honestly don’t mind the way it is.

No Streaming Account
  19. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 5 / -8
    Without a doubt, if you are banned for any reason you should never be able to come back during the same season if bought out. It essentially makes the ban ineffective, just an inconvenience like a parking ticket

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Bullbreed333
  20. Pure Pone

Pure Pone REALEST MAN

Ratings:
    +407 / 1 / -7
    Kinda scary, but I personally still have this rule/habit embedded in my brain since the VHL days and just followed with the rule assuming it was still around lol.

Personally, the league (players mindsets, styles etc.) and the overall game play has changed to where back then LBing IMO was so much more effective than it is now. I've always used LB to block shots.

Leave the LB thing alone. There are so many other issues to address in the league that this should be on a back burner for now.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account