* New * Season 37 [XBOX] - Season 15 [PSN] - Signups Open!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG McDonald, Aug 24, 2020.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    [​IMG]
    *credit to @OdessaSteps on our seasonal graphic

Seasonal Signups For Both Our Playstation and Xbox LGHL Leagues Are NOW OPEN!

What Do I Need To Know Prior to Signing Up!?

• Club Challenge Server Selection?!
      • EA announced that NHL 21 WILL have server selection for private games.
      • This will allow us on LG to control what server a game is played on to MAXIMIZE the competitive experience.
      • Our next season's signup is now open and currently asks you "which server do you prefer? East-West Central? This data will be utilized to give each game a recommended server based on where each user is currently located. Our stance is to ensure that we avoid situations where one team is on a very low ping, while their opponent is on an extremely high ping. The closer all 12 player's pings are to one another the more equal the playing field is allowing for the most competitive experience.
      • Tris is currently working on all of this for next season! Any suggestions send his way.
      • Please ensure that the information you give in your signup is correct!

• Veteran Player Signup Restrictions
      • Coming into next season we are going to be implementing new signup restrictions for our veteran players!
      • ON XBOX, ALL VETERAN PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT SIGNED UP BY NHL BIDDING [OCT 24TH] WILL NOT:
        • BE ELIGIBLE FOR AHL OR CHL BIDDING!
        • THESE PLAYERS THEN WILL BE RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO THE CHL TRAINING CAMP FOR THE SEASON WHEREBY THE PLAYER WILL ONLY BE ECU ELIGIBLE!
      • ON PS4, ALL VETERAN PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT SIGNED UP BY AHL BIDDING [OCT 27TH] WILL NOT:
        • BE ELIGIBLE FOR CHL BIDDING!
        • THESE PLAYERS THEN WILL BE RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO THE CHL TRAINING CAMP FOR THE SEASON WHEREBY THE PLAYER WILL ONLY BE ECU ELIGIBLE!
      • This decision was made to encourage our veteran players to signup from the beginning allowing the best players to remain in the highest tier bidding session. Over the last few seasons, we have seen issues in the CHL based on late signups that will now be addressed. We are exactly two months away from NHL bidding as of today, therefore the league feels this is MORE than enough time for all our players to be made aware of these changes.
      • Veteran players currently in the AHL, ARE eligible for resigning during this coming offseason.
      • Veteran players ARE still eligible to take management in the AHL or CHL based on the selection criteria that will be announced next week.
      • The only exception to the veteran signup restriction will be applied to the League Staff. I am reservering the right place, the staff, in a tier I deem beneficial to the overall success of the league.

If you have any questions please feel free to DM LG McDonald on the site or on Discord, LG McDonald#5572

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. TrippyNav

TrippyNav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,566 / 159 / -334
    Allow home teams to pick the server. Line matching and home-ice advantage meant something when this was the case. I’m all for everyone being on equal ping, but central is 90 ping for west players and 5 for QCs so.........

• Like Like x 9
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. BarDownNinja

BarDownNinja Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bardownninja#0
    Ratings:
    +43 / 13 / -66
    Central is the most logical choice

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    BarD0wnNinja
  4. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    I agree with this. Central is still a big advantage for East/QC.

On the other hand. This would allow people to troll and pick a west server when everyone is east and vise-versa

Example: Team A is a top their division and throwing their good east line out against Team B who’s bottom of the league and has their east 3rd line out. Could definitely see teams just picking west just to mess with the opposing team even if they’re all east and vise-versa

• Informative Informative x 2
    Class_Act_27
  5. xEgoNationx

xEgoNationx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    useless.space#0
    Ratings:
    +509 / 30 / -53
    RIP...."maximize competitiveness" more like East players cant handle West but West has no problem beating them on East AND West. Best wishes.

• Dumb x 8
    • Funny x 4
    • Troll x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    In World of CHEL
    xEgoNationx
  6. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    Central isn't 5 for QCs.

I'm personally 12 to the QC server, 24 to the east, 35 to the Central, 65-75 to the west.

While I understand that the Central is still not AMAZING for the western players this decision eliminates the games were the QC players are 5 and the west guys are 100, or where the west guys are 5 and the east guys are 80-90.

The goal is to have things as close as possible.

We are not going the route of "home team chooses" that is a step backwards even from the current changes EA made.

Personally I think the matchmaking for central in NHL 20 is broken. I've seen several situations of east vs west that land east or land west when Central was the logical choice. Having control of this has been my request of EA for over four years. Now that it is here we are going to use this to create a level playing field. IMO having a low ping isn't a skillset and shouldn't be a factor.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    Explain to me how that makes sense? West connects to east, ping is 100. East connects to west ping is 100.

Prior to NHL 18/19, the western players of LG ALWAYS played on the Eastern servers. It wasn't until recently that through some manipulating and luck that games landed on the western server.

How is "west hosting" a skillset now? The closer everyone's ping is, the most your skills on the ice matter more than the fact you've been searching for your LG 9 PM game at 8 PM. Or more than how many times you've quit out prior to puck drop to get "west".

I have NOT yet seen a decent explanation as to how a game where 6 skaters are 100 ping, and six skaters are 5 ping is, A: fun, and B: competitive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. Pawdiddy

Pawdiddy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pawdiddy#0
    Ratings:
    +531 / 84 / -187
    I’m still trying to figure out how Ohio is a central server. Can’t Ea make it more central

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    pawdiddy
  9. Gamingfreak911

Gamingfreak911 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gaming5689#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 13 / -38
    Won't change anything until EA actually implements a central server that is actually y'know central instead of east.

Big deal if qc and east have to play on 10 higher ping. Whoop-de-doo.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    xgf911x
  10. Hypnxtiikz

Hypnxtiikz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    We on west don’t have a server between 40-70 i personally get 14 to Cali 33 to Canada west and 90 to everything else we don’t have a central if we did that would be fine but we don’t so now all of our games will be played on East and i get that most guys in lg are East but us west guys shouldn’t be completely screwed

• Winner Winner x 5
    No Streaming Account
  11. CorrosiveJake

CorrosiveJake Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 2 / -0
    The "central" server is worse than the QC/Canada East server for Canadian west players. I'm sure its better for Cali west guys but for Canadian its not. There is no "central" server. Its just another east. I played a majority of my games last season on the QC with my Ontario linemates where they had 20 ping and I had 69 ping. The "central" pushes me up to 79 because its in or around Ohio. From my experience there are 4 main servers in NA. Canada west, Cali west, QC/Canada east and USA East.

• Like Like x 2
    CorrosiveJake_
  12. CTastik91

CTastik91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    This. they can seamlessly match players from all over the world in FIFA, we should have a server near the middle of the United States. Even if it's slightly one way or the other, Missouri or Colorado SOMETHING is better than "central" Ohio.

EDIT - I don't want to play west lines just like everyone else, but killing west players isn't fair to them. Unless we throw them all in the same division and let them go crazy on each other.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  13. Xcel

Xcel Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xcelito#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 8 / -25
    Exactly, there is no such thing as a "central" server. Ohio is a US East server and Montreal is Canada East. Please tell me where this mysterious central server is located?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Xcel

Xcel Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xcelito#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 8 / -25
    EA throws a bone to west coast guys and McDonald buries it somewhere on the east coast

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Hypnxtiikz

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    Cali west gets 80-85 on “central” but I’m from Cali and if it’s not west I’m on 90-95

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  16. Gamingfreak911

Discord:
    gaming5689#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 13 / -38
    Looks like another year of Canada west getting screwed. Only difference is U.S west is screwed too.

Talk about alienating an entire coast.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    xgf911x
  17. Xcel

Xcel Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xcelito#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 8 / -25
    So if there is 6 west coast and 6 east guys, we play on US East server? How is that fair?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Hypnxtiikz

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    Well they consider Ohio to be central enough i guess lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Gamingfreak911

Discord:
    gaming5689#0
    Ratings:
    +247 / 13 / -38
    Will never happen but if LG was truly interested in "competitiveness" most games would be played on the California server. The only people that get decent ping on that server are B.C players and U.S west players. A pretty overwhelming minority. I live in Calgary and get 70 on it, most east players get around 90 on it, at least in canada. Not sure about U.S based players.

xgf911x
  20. bonwl

bonwl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bonwl#9306
    Ratings:
    +956 / 37 / -74
    There were 3 west lines in the NHL this season. There are 32 teams x 3 lines per team = 96 total lines in the NHL. West lines make up 3.13% of lines in LG. This means in any given LG game, there is a 3.13% chance an east line is going up against a west line. (actually slightly off because west can play west, so it's lower than 3.13%, but i'm not going further into the maths)

Over the course of a 27 game season the probability of an east player getting matched against a west line "x" number of games is:
    0 games: 43%
    1 game: 37%
    2 games: 15%
    3+ games: 5%

43% of LGers never even have to face a west line!

The league is going to such extreme lengths to banish west players from LG just to eliminate something that happens once every 32 games.

Before you go and vote my post "dumb" for standing up for west players when I'm one of the blessed 4ms east guys - how would you feel if you had to play every single LG game on 80+ or 100+ ms for the rest of your life? I know I would 100% quit LG.

The main argument for removing west v east games is because in @LG McDonald words it's not "A: fun, and B: competitive." But do you know what else is not fun or competitive and happens A LOT more frequently than a west line? A 1st line playing against a bad team or a 3rd line.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I say, but the league needs to know that they are banishing a decent chunk of their player base just to eliminate something that happens in 3% of games. It's not the right play, IMO.

Please think this over before you implement the changes. A lot of people are upset.

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Bonwl15