* New * Season 37 [XBOX] - Season 15 [PSN] - Signups Open!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG McDonald, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Maxwell23-_-

Maxwell23-_- Hayden

Ratings:
    +149 / 34 / -54
    Get your facts right , ptp is Edmonton that doesn’t even count as west for nhl , keeks is Winnipeg bro not even close to west for nhl. Kingclutch is Vancouver which gets good ping on your 5 ping server. Do your research before naming non west players and claiming them as west.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    But they are west tho. When looking at the map they're basically west. Ask anyone from Winnipeg and they mostly get awful ping on any server lol.

I don't need a fact check. You need a "west host doesn't belong in LG" check.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    No Streaming Account
  3. Two-_-Jamezz

Two-_-Jamezz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Arizona here 96-100+ MS on the “central” server. 75-85 on the qc server. GG LG time to retire

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  4. Mreedxr

Mreedxr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mreedxr#0
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -4
    Canada west players will get about 50-60 on QC, 80+ on “central” (US East).
    US West players get 100 to QC, 80-90 on “central” (US East).
    ^ this is correct, I’ve played in games on all servers from Vancouver, Oregon, and Cali to test that.

Obviously westing teams is a big advantage though so the only way to make it truly fair is to make a true central server. IMO

• Like Like x 3
    mreedxr
  5. Farx9

Farx9 S8 - S16 Hamilton Bulldogs Owner

Discord:
    Farx9#0786
    Ratings:
    +198 / 9 / -22
    I didn’t have time read all the comments but not sure this has been mentioned, I feel that they’ll be players who give east as preferred server who are from west to get them a bid as lots of west players are overlooked as some owner want to avoid bad ping, the other thing is owner will be getting there east buddies to put down west as preferred server hoping that they may get overlooked, they only way to fix this will be to have everyone’s ip’s checked to make sure they don’t lie about there preferred server, you might think I’m overthinking this but I’ve seen some crazy things done to get an advantage in the past 7 seasons as managment so I wouldn’t put it past them to try this sneaky tactic.

No Streaming Account
  6. Hypnxtiikz

Hypnxtiikz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    Well if East guys put down west and west guys put down East then they are screwing themselves because lg is gonna take what server you put down and put it in a script and depending on how many of each are in that game they get to decide on the server we have to use so if East guys put down west and enough of them do it to try and hide then they might end up having to play on the west server for some games which i doubt they like so if owners are having players do that it might bite them in the ass

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Xcel

Xcel Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xcelito#0
    Ratings:
    +118 / 8 / -25
    So in this system, how many west players will it take in a game to play on a west server?

8. Hypnxtiikz

Hypnxtiikz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 5 / -2
    From what i understand it would have to be 7 at least because if it’s 6 west 6 East it would have to be played on central

No Streaming Account
  9. Eamonn

Eamonn Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eamonn#0602
    Ratings:
    +1,093 / 17 / -68
    @LG McDonald Probably need more people to test this out but the central server is broken I believe. I just played some private matches to confirm what ping I get to each server (from Vancouver). These are the results:

NA Central = 79-82 (4000 km from me)
    NA East aka USA East = 65-67 (4700 km from me)
    NA Northeast aka QC = 60-62 (4500 km from me)
    NA West = 24-26 (2000 km from me)
    NA Northwest = 10-12 (500 km from me)

If anyone else has the beta and would be able to share the pings they get to each of the 5 servers that would be great. I seem to recall even central players saying that they never see low pings because the server itself is broken.

Edit: someone from Alberta just told me he tested his out and got 48 to QC, 55 to USA East, and 66 to central.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    eamonnjcf
  10. SmearedPap

SmearedPap Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoughty8x#0
    Ratings:
    +391 / 34 / -48

I tested them all as well. Pretty similar to the same ping as yours. I live in Kelowna BC. I get by far the worst ping on the central server. Which is supposed to be closer to us than the east servers ?

SmearedPap
  11. LANDOLEO87

LANDOLEO87 LEOgoHAM87

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -1
    I agree there is not true central sever but just bc west guys connection doesn’t improve or even gets a little worse on “central” doesn’t mean it’s not the best option because it at least keeps the opposing East guys from having 5 ping to your 80.

No Streaming Account