PSN Season 6 BOG Applications

Discussion in 'LGHL Official League News Archive' started by Man-Bear-Pig, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man-Bear-Pig

Man-Bear-Pig LGHL PSN Deputy Commissioner & BOG

Discord:
    Man-Bear-Pig#5324
    Ratings:
    +262 / 1 / -9
    Please only post in this thread if you would like to be considered for a BOG position.

We are currently looking to fill a few open BOG positions in the NHL, AHL & CHL leagues for LGHL PSN Season 6.

Copy/Paste (below)

Which League(s) are you applying:

LG League experience:

Management experience:

Have you ever been banned (any League)?
    * If so, what for?

Have you been chat box banned?
    * If so, what for?

Describe a situation where you were helped by a BOG/Manager/Player who showed you how to do something on LG:

• Like Like x 1
    KingOfAllHumans
  2. ae_Casso

ae_Casso Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -2
    (From previous thread)
    1. League Experience: I'm currently in my first season of LG but I've been associated with competitive play and friend of many teams over the years. My work schedule previously prevented me from competing in leagues so I was unable to commit to LG.
    2. Management Experience: I'm currently the AGM of the CHLPS4 Oshawa Generals. In other games I have been apart of cheating dispute teams. I've also played years as a clan and guild leader in several games, Shadowbane, World of Warcraft, and Team Fortress Classic.
    3. How would you rate your knowledge of the Constitution (-/4) 3/4
    4. How would you rate your Site navigation skills (-/4) 4/4
    5. Have you ever been banned (any League)? Never
      * If so, what for?
    6. Have you been chat box banned? I actively avoid commenting in the chat box.
      *If so, what for?
    7. Explain why you want to be a Board of Governors Staff member: As an older player who's been apart of league bog roles and having to manage a clan of 100+ players managing nightly raids of 40+ players for 2+ years I feel I'm a very approachable, dedicated, and dependable player and person. I know how hard and demanding the bog position is, as a younger player I was heavily invested in the game team fortress classic and it's anti cheat team and helped develop the punkbuster addon anti cheat addon to clean the game up. I spent hours and managed a team of 3 admins who dedicated a lot to the integrity of the league during a time where PC cheating was rampid to ensure fairplay. I know it's a very time consuming position. I now work from home and have a lot of time to dedicate to the league I love to play. It's my goal to see rulings done in a timely fashion, and be an open and available medium for players and management who need assistant. I know it's a very large undertaking but one I feel I can do and help take a load off the current bog's. I'm married, a father, have been married for over 15 years. I'm a dedicated person, player, and helping people is apart of who I am as a gamer, and professionally. I would welcome the opportunity to help improve the gaming experience of all players in the LG/Hockey community.
    As for the final question, I've personally not had to be involved in any BOG situations or rulings in my first season.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. XxDreamtheaterX

XxDreamtheaterX Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -2
    Which League(s) are you applying: AHL

LG League experience: 3 seasons

Management experience: none

Have you ever been banned (any League)? NO
    * If so, what for?

Have you been chat box banned? NO
    * If so, what for?

Describe a situation where you were helped by a BOG/Manager/Player who showed you how to do something on LG:

When i joined LG i was assigned to the chl wolves, then owner Degraves5 or it might have been loki x27, showed me how to sign up for games and navigate the site. I've spent my entire AHL career with Utica, Gpig and JoPo have shown me nothing...

lol

• Like Like x 2
    Xxdreamtheaterx
  4. hgSparty

hgSparty LG's New Dad

Discord:
    Sparty#0318
    Ratings:
    +365 / 6 / -21
    Which League(s) are you applying: NHL

LG League experience: Been a member since S3

Management experience: 2 seasons as AGM, ask any management team I am extremely involved, much more so than most AGMs

* If so, what for? No

* If so, what for?
    Yes, i was having a spirited conversation with my pal BobbyOrr and made a joke that crossed a line in someones mind, havent said anything else like it to anyone since-as joke or serious.

At best when I was explained how to do stats, my owner at the time was in a party chat with me and step by step walked me through the process telling me where everything was on site to push and do in order to correctly do stats.

Ive been extremely involved in this league and a previous league in the past, from being what would be considered a BoG/Head BoG in VGHL on ps3 to now heading up the awards committee and running the all star game for the NHL, and for some reason i keep coming back to do more. Hopefully this time I'll have enough experience.

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Troll Troll x 1
    BackupGoaltending
  5. TH3 0N3 l24l

TH3 0N3 l24l #24 on the ice. #1 in your heart

Discord:
    th3_0n3 l24l#6628
    Ratings:
    +116 / 12 / -14
    I've had the privilege of being part of @ae_Casso management team this season.
    For A new player he has shown tremendous dedication to oshawa and to lg this season and has been a huge part of oshawa helping the new players figure it all out when they have questions about how to do things.
    I believe he would be a great bog with his dedication and attention to detail to performing tasks in the timely manner that both lg and oshawa demands on a consistent basis.

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    th3_0n3_l24l
  6. michchas

michchas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 25 / -14
    Which League(s) are you applying: whatever is needed

LG League experience:been playing since season 2 plus 1 season of ihl

Management experience:1 almost full season of chl gm s2/ ihl owner in between season 2 and 3/ ahl gm season 3 and ahl gm season 5

Have you ever been banned (any League)?no
    * If so, what for?

Have you been chat box banned?no
    * If so, what for?

Describe a situation where you were helped by a BOG/Manager/Player who showed you how to do something on LG: back in season 2 i joined lg in week 1 and got random assigned to chl rangers by week 2 or 3 i took over the gm spot i didn't even have a clue what i was doing but was the only player willing to step up and do it in a really bad situation losing almost 6 guys in 1 week and if it wasn't for probably the greatest bog in lg @birthday_machine i would still know nothing i asked him probably 100 questions in the first few weeks of doing it and he helped me with everything by the end of the season i new alot more then i did to start because who has time to read all the rules in 1 or 2 weeks? he helped me get ownership of an ihl team and again he was always there to help me if i had questions no matter what time day or night was a really great bog there are so many instances where i was helped by the bogs but he definitely taught me alot about this league and what is expected out of managers as well as players.

(im not 100% sure if i am going to return to lg next season yet or not but i thought i would put this out there anyways and see what happens before i make my decision)

thanks for the consideration @Man-Bear-Pig

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. ryofthebeholder

ryofthebeholder Shitter Ry

Discord:
    ryofthebeholder#1406
    Ratings:
    +499 / 4 / -14
    Which League(s) are you applying:
    NHL
    LG League experience:
    5 Seasons
    Management experience:
    5 Seasons
    * If so, what for?
    No
    * If so, what for?
    No
    I am normally the guy helping others as I've been a manager for awhile, but when I was brand new to the site I received lots of support from managers and BOGs. I still get fast response from the current BOGs, because I try not to bring every concern to them and look to the constitution for answers. Strong team management plus support from BOGs are what I want for the league, and I think I can help with more management training and continuing to improve our league as a whole.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 9
    ryofthebeholder
  8. j_carlos_44

j_carlos_44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 25 / -24
    You don't have enough experience

• Winner Winner x 2
    Jc4491
  9. balake96

balake96 uh heh

Discord:
    Balake#3505
    Ratings:
    +80 / 3 / -64
    Which League(s) are you applying: NHL

LG League experience: 3 seasons 1 CHL, 2 NHL

Management experience: 1 Season in VG

Have you ever been banned (any League)?: No
    * If so, what for?

Have you been chat box banned?: No
    * If so, what for?

Describe a situation where you were helped by a BOG/Manager/Player who showed you how to do something on LG: Ry and Baris helped me get acclimated to the NHL once I was traded a few times from teams that had a rough start. They showed me the ropes of how to take pictures and stats when they weren't in the game. I since have been doing it ever since when a owner/ GM/ AGM is not present in the game. I also help get the DR ready if the Owner is busy with life.

A side note, the BoGs aren't in the chat all the time and some things go unnoticed. There is no place for racism in a public forum even as a joke.

• Like x 18
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
    balake96
  10. VGamingWorldYT

VGamingWorldYT Active Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 18 / -52
    Which League(s) are you applying: Any hockey league on the PSN

LG League experience: I have been an active member for Lg for over 3 years, as well as a member of other leagues

Management experience: LGNFL Season 2 Chicago Bears Owner, and acting BOG. i started off on the Kansas city chiefs and a couple weeks into the season i was asked to take over ownership of the bears who were below .500 and had a lot of rulebreakers and problem makers on their roster, I took over the team and turned that team around and brought them to the playoffs, in game 7 of the conference finals i overheard one of my teammates setting up a nano blitz which is against league policies. as an owner i wanted to go to the superbowl of course, but as a bog i had to do what was best for the league. i voluntarily offered the commissioners to eliminate my team from the playoffs as i knew one of my players broke a rule in a crucial moment of game 7, it was rejected but it was noted that i was willing to sacrifice my own team for the betterment of the league.

Have you ever been banned (any League)? I have not
    * If so, what for?

Have you been chat box banned? no
    * If so, what for?

Describe a situation where you were helped by a BOG/Manager/Player who showed you how to do something on LG: Season 2 of LGNFL i recieved a lot of guidance on how to properly run a league without favoritism, and how to hold everyone accountable for their actions regardless their position in the league (this includes owners, gm's agm's bog's and commissioners)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. nbistline

nbistline New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Which League(s) are you applying: CHL

LG League experience:
    2 years
    Management experience:
    Former GM and Owner of Sudbury Wolves S3
    Have you ever been banned (any League)? YES
    * If so, what for?
    Yes, quitting as an owner due to not having the time then
    Have you been chat box banned? NO
    * If so, what for?

Describe a situation where you were helped by a BOG/Manager/Player who showed you how to do something on LG: When I was first coming into LG I didn't know much about the league. Pig helped me a lot to get used to what to do until I could do everything by myself! Also Grapevines22 helped me when I needed to help him with team things that needed to be done!

I hope you consider me as an option for a future BOG!
    -nbistline

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. natedogg1122

natedogg1122 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -5
    Which League(s) are you applying: as needes

LG League experience: 1 year

Management experience: 1 year pavhl

* If so, what for? No

* If so, what for? No

i took over pavhl penguins and turned rhe team around and with the help of my management we have not forfitted any games since i started

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Ratings:
    +1,191 / 57 / -27
    • Like Like x 2
    Watching Twitch
    th3_1_and_0n1y
  14. xXLikeABOSSXx92

xXLikeABOSSXx92 LGHL - Carolina Hurricanes Owner

Ratings:
    +1,660 / 71 / -306
    This is not an owners sign up lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    xXLikeABOSSXx92
  15. BroadwayCJ97

BroadwayCJ97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 30 / -57
    Copy/Paste (below)

Which League(s) are you applying: LGHL PSN

LG League experience: LGAHL Seasons 3-4 LGHL Season 5

Management experience: SPNHL Owner 2 seasons, VGHL Assistant GM 1 season, LGHL PSN AGM .5 seasons

Have you ever been banned (any League)? - No
    * If so, what for?

Have you been chat box banned? - No
    * If so, what for?

Describe a situation where you were helped by a BOG/Manager/Player who showed you how to do something on LG: Never

• Like Like x 3
    BroadwayCJReo
  16. xErik65Karlssonx

xErik65Karlssonx Just Another Noob

Ratings:
    +22 / 2 / -20
    @TheShaftDaddy is already the owner for that team this year and has first dibs on ownership for the team next season.

EDIT: First time owners get randomly assigned to the remaining teams without owners. The odds of you getting the team you want is very slim.

No Streaming Account
  17. Kev_F88

Kev_F88 Oof

Ratings:
    +70 / 7 / -1
    I remember those fun days; you were and still are a great manager and have good leadership abilities. Definitely deserve to be a BOG imo.

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. nyBARISny

nyBARISny I carry Tom on Detroit, HJs Dad, Team NE Owner

Ratings:
    +2,134 / 61 / -130
    Can you kids not read. This is a BOG application. If you can't even read a thread title you shouldn't be owner or BOG. BOG THREAD NOT AGM OR OWNER.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Nybarisny
  19. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps World's Greatest Dad.

Discord:
    OdessaSteps#8606
    Ratings:
    +1,691 / 10 / -66
    I am telling you with 100% sincerity that you do not want this.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    bjstreamsthings
  20. vxWoytkiw8xv

vxWoytkiw8xv Warning Group

Ratings:
    +516 / 27 / -62
    took your word for it

Woytkiw8
Thread Status: