HeadLine Season 8 bidding and post-bidding recap

I'm so confused

1. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 Season 8 Medicine Hat Tigers GM

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +354 / 20 / -32
    Season 8 bidding and post-bidding recap - I'm so confused.

[​IMG]

Well, my media team privileges haven’t been taken away, and there hasn’t been anything about new writers, so I guess I’ll do my best to get some new content in here. What better way to start the season off than with good old bidding (don’t expect too much in this article, it’s very short!)?

Three words to describe bidding and what’s happened up until the regular season?

“Fortnite confused emote.”

Blind bidding, the real MVP of the CHL. Of course it’ll exist with so many new owners (not that old ones don’t do it), and I haven’t been management in the league prior to season 8, but I hear that this was one of the worst bidding sessions yet. From guys who have never played or scouted being bid on by multiple teams, people who went for ridiculous amounts of money, and so much more. Good lord.

The CHL has three 9 million plus contracts. Yeap_93, JrPens, and the most expensive, AJ_Rockers. Yeap was already traded and I question CanadianBacon’s decision to bid more than a third of his cap then trade him without even playing him. Like, did he blind bid a 9 million dollar guy? Or maybe Yeap wanted out? Or maybe he wanted out because he was blind bid? I’m gonna get to my skull if I keep scratching my head about this. Seriously, look up the Fortnite confused emote and that’s how I’m feeling about the whole bidding this season. The contracts were actually insane and by season 10 we're gonna need 100 mil in cap to start the season.

In other news, I’d like to shoutout the GOAT Reggiecush for going like a full day without winning anyone in bidding (I don’t even know if he was bidding the first day).

After my team issued our final contract, waivers opened and jeezes christ. Right now we are at 37 waived players just one day into the regular season. *cough cough* Blind bidding *cough cough*. Obviously some guys had real issues that they had to deal with so they were waived, but 37… I don’t know. Also, just as a sidenote, I didn’t know you got alerts every time someone was waived. I thought I was popular with my 8 alerts and then I saw they were all waivers, so I was kind of sad.

In the end, post bidding, the O certainly looks like the top league once again, with the Q and the W fighting for dead last. Some more in depth stuff will be coming shortly from me (assuming new writers aren’t picked anytime soon), so stay tuned. Good luck to all this season.​

Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

• Like Like x 15
    MrImster
  2. Canadianbacon197

Canadianbacon197 New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -1
    The truth is we never intended on trading him at all. In fact we were super excited to have him on our team but we felt like we were handcuffed in the situation.
    The reason behind the trade was he didn't want to play for anyone besides his buddies team and i was hearing that he was going to quit if i traded him elsewhere so i decided to not risk my teams future over one player and not start my season with someone who wasn't participating with us and to focus more on my team than one cry baby.
    At the end of the day we got over payment for him and i will always do whats best for my team and when you get an offer like we did for one guy basiclly, you jump on that all day.
    It's unfortunate but with these league rules players can manipulate you into trading them or lose them completely and have nothing to show for it.

As for the blind bidding, I set a trap on a few players and sure enough someone bid on them and i knew these players were not roster ready and sure enough those said players have already been waived lol. One player went as high as 1.5m and then got waived.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Candianbacon197
  3. reggiecush88

reggiecush88 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -4
    Hahah I was busy plotting !!! Eyes pealed

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Rings_LX

Rings_LX Revive the Chiefs

Discord:
    Rings_LX (RW)#5020
    Ratings:
    +123 / 14 / -16
    Yeap will flake... watch...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    RINGS_LX
  5. SmearedPap

SmearedPap Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 13 / -2
    Hahaha. Im still ecstatic over winning AJ. Hes the real deal! Not gonna put up most points this year but guaranteed hes gonna put up most wins! First off having him and Ohcanada27 on the team I thought I might run into issues with guys that have massive egos. Not at all. 2 of the most standup great guys. Fuck you to Koltdog who bid up Marshall to 2M knowing id pay for him. Besides that great bidding and very happy with my team. Watch out for the IceDogs when the chemistry gets rolling! I intended to get BK at the beginning but I didn't know how high the Remparts were gonna go and theres something about hearing AJ's name up there with JClaus's that makes you wanna take a chance on the guy. I had 13M left and only 3 positions left to bid on. Everyone that was left near the end of the draft I thought wasn't worth their value so I decided to change my strategy and go for the big dog himself and make him an IceDog. I feel sorry for whatever team I play OhCanada27 and AJ_Rockers on the same line against. RIP. watch out for our 500k Prospects too. I have about 4 guys in the top 50 in leaderboard ready to make a name for themselves... good luck to everyone this season and Great bidding Remparts.. I really wanted BK!

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    SmearedPap
  6. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +354 / 20 / -32
    It’s like the RA gods are just giving you free wins on a silver platter.

• Winner Winner x 1
    MrImster
  7. Canadianbacon197

Canadianbacon197 New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -1
    We were actually going for rockers and then switched to Yeap and if i didn't switch i had the cap to go 13m on him, but now after the trade i am happy the way it went down as we are a very well balanced machine.

Candianbacon197
  8. SmearedPap

SmearedPap Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 13 / -2
    I definitely had luck on my side landing ohcanada27... guys a beast! rounds out our lineup nicely... definitely can use him in the OHL... definitely the strongest league in my opinion. a lot of power house teams. Not sure how this happens 2 years in a row

SmearedPap
  9. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +354 / 20 / -32
    Because all of the successful owners returned, and they’re all in the O lol (Jhawk, JR, Paw, Nort, etc).

MrImster
  10. SmearedPap

SmearedPap Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 13 / -2
    heres my bid list I think its always fun to see which team was bidding on whom

Attached Files:

SmearedPap
  11. l Reiders l

l Reiders l Otters All Time Legend

Discord:
    Luzhayka#2641
    Ratings:
    +97 / 9 / -2
    Nothing about me what a shame

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ReidersWeiners2
  12. Yeap_93

Yeap_93 Active Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -2
    No Streaming Account
  13. KingWillum

KingWillum Beast mode Off [On]

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2
    Canadianbacon197--
    "The reason behind the trade was he didn't want to play for anyone besides his buddies team and i was hearing that he was going to quit if i traded him elsewhere."

"It's unfortunate but with these league rules players can manipulate you into trading them or lose them completely and have nothing to show for it."

This is sad but true. Kids who haven't matured or grown adults acting as kids. It's Eric Lindros all over again lulz

KingWillum
  14. Jxnkow

Jxnkow Triple Crown

Discord:
    WillyG#5512
    Ratings:
    +82 / 15 / -14
    @Yeap_93 DOES WHAT THE FUCK HE WANTS, AND YOU SCRUBS BETTER UNDERSTAND THAT.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    WillyG_0y
  15. PrometheusXVII

PrometheusXVII Member

Discord:
    Prometheus (Wheat Kings Owner)#1251
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    *Cough*

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Koltdog68

Koltdog68 Cape Breton Screaming Eagles Owner

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -2
    Lmfao it was 1 bid I placed. Check the facts bud. Should of went more but would of had to listen to a couple babies cry lol

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    No Streaming Account
  17. PatEthic

PatEthic Active Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 15 / -24
    More team should post it :)

Patque20
  18. Dysfunction07

Dysfunction07 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0