Season 8 LGAHL All Star Game

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by dmac7719, Jul 21, 2018.

1. dmac7719

dmac7719 LGAHL Deputy Commissioner

Discord:
    dmac7719#0
    Ratings:
    +203 / 1 / -12
    [​IMG]

A change to the All-Star Game this year. In an attempt to limit the effect of a “circle jerk” voting process akin to seasons past, a new system will be implemented for this season that has more of a focus on a players individual stats. We are not completely taking out the community’s involvement; each all-star team will also be comprised of vote in players. This will be a traditional East vs. West all-star game. All stats accumulated at the end of week 6 (trade deadline) will be used to determine all-star game nominees.

Roster Size and Limitations:

9 forwards, 6 defencemen, 2 goalies representing each conference.

Production Based Representation:

Forwards

· Top 5 point producers at the end of week.
    • In the event of a tie in points, the higher PPG player will be chosen, if still tied the higher goal scorer will be chosen.

· Top goal scorer at the end of week

• If the top goal scorer in the conference will already be nominated because they are also a top 5 point producer the next top goal scorer will be used. Essentially, the top goal scorer who is not also in the top 5 for points will receive this nomination spot.
    • In the event of a tie, the player with the higher GPG will be chosen

· 3 voted in forwards, to be done by the community in a forum post
    • No player will be a part of the community vote if they have already received an all-star game nomination based on their individual production.

Defence

· Top 3 point producers at the end of week 6.
    • In the event of a tie, the higher PPG player will be chosen, if still tied the higher goal scorer will be chosen

· The defenceman with the best T-G ratio who is in the top 10 for Takeaways

• This has been implemented to award defenceman that do not pile up points. Although not the perfect way to incorporate this, by being top 10 in takeaways and then having the best T-G ratio of that group, it can show that the defenceman is a part of the play. If the player with the best T-G ratio has already received a nomination from the top 3 point producers section the next player with the best T-G ratio will be used.
    • In the event of a tie, the person with the higher Takeaway stat will be chosen

· 2 voted in defencemen, to be done by the community in a forum post
    • No player will be a part of the community vote if they have already received an all-star game nomination based on their individual production.

Goalies

· 1 goalie based on stats
    • Using @NoSleeves12 formula that he used to determine all-star goalies at NHL level
    • A goalie must have played in 27 games (half of their team's games) in order to receive an all star nomination based on their stats.

· 1 voted in goalie, to be done by the community in a forum post
    • No player will be a part of the community vote if they have already received an all-star game nomination based on their individual production

Limitations

To follow how team compositions were done for past all-star games, there will be a maximum limit to the number of nominees at each position for each AHL team. Nominees that make it into the all-star game based on their stats will take the place of a player that would have been nominated by management in seasons past.

The maximum number of players that can represent their LGAHL team in the all-star game are:

· 2 Forwards, 1 Defenceman, 1 Goalie

Two examples so people can fully understand how the limitations are applied.

Team A has 1 forward that is placed in the top 5 for points. This player has earned an all-star game nomination based being top 5 in the conference for points. Team A’s management will than nominated 1 forward, 1 defenceman and 1 goalie for the corresponding community votes.

Team B has 1 forward lead the conference in goals and a defenceman has the best T-G ratio for the top 10 defencemen in Takeaways. Team B’s starting goalie has also accumulated the most points from the goalie formula. Team B will be represented in the all-star game by their 1 forward, 1 defenceman and their goalie; Team B’s management will than nominate 1 forward for the community vote. Since they are already represented in regards to defenceman and goalies they will be unable to nominate players for these positions as this could potentially put them over the maximum number of players allowed.

All-Star Game

Finally, the format and times for the all-star game have not been finalized yet. However, it is being discussed and most likely a player will have to play in the all-star game to receive their trophy points.

All management, please pm me or discord (dmac7719#8979) your nominations for the all star game (2 fwds, 1 d, 1g). Deadline will be 8 pm EST on Sunday July 22. Any team that does not send me their nominations will have their nominees picked by me.

Thank you,

All-Star Game & Awards Committee

A special shout out to @Pelley_ for designing the All Star Game logo.

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
    dmac7719
  2. New Michigan

New Michigan On the Lake

Discord:
    korey72#0
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -43
    Still don't have my All Star reward from last season

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    k72m
  3. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    I read this like 10 times and it's still confusing

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    SGDragonSlayer
  4. Leftwing_Bully

Leftwing_Bully Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 47 / -28
    HuH???

higsaul87
  5. x4HxPESTILENCEx

x4HxPESTILENCEx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x4HxPESTILENCEx#1606
    Ratings:
    +146 / 18 / -26
    Same :(

• Winner Winner x 1
    x4hxpestilencex
  6. charmingdonut

charmingdonut Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charmingdonut#3856
    Ratings:
    +237 / 5 / -26
    For those who are confused by this:

9 forwards, 6dmen and 2 goalies are nominated to the All Star team. 6 forwards, 4 dmen and 1 goalie are nominated based off stats, while the other 3 forwards, 2dmen and goalie will be nominated via community vote.

It's a much better system than simply having an enormous voting pool, good job and writeup @dmac7719

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    charmingdonut
  7. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    You should push this out to all managers since you are giving a short 24 hour window for ppl to find this post and submit names.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Markz_51
  8. STLstash

STLstash SoStLouis

Discord:
    stlstash#0
    Ratings:
    +258 / 5 / -29
    • Like Like x 1
    stlstash
  9. ClumsyTurtle13

ClumsyTurtle13 xMAssStAtiC-

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +370 / 2 / -8
    Defensemen choosing is still horrible. It needs a system like the goalie. Other than that, great write up and method. Should produce alot better nominations.

Xmassstatic
  10. Captain--Luu

Captain--Luu Well-Known Member

Discord:
    captainluu#0
    Ratings:
    +147 / 4 / -7

I'm with you in that I too, am not in favor of the way defensemen are chosen. While I can't provide an option now, I'm sure something can be used in place of it later down the road.

• Like Like x 1
    CaptainLuu
  11. FittNASTY

FittNASTY Jeep Life

Ratings:
    +346 / 17 / -39
    goalie stats..... is shutouts a stat? LoL my only prayer

fittnasty