SECACCBig12 Online Dynasty Running QB Issue Please submit input...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming International Hockey League (PSN)' started by ckseven, Aug 16, 2008.

1. ckseven

ckseven Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ISSUE:

Running the QB. Although I don't care how much you run your QB when playing vs the CPU, I want to address the issue of doing it when playing another Human. Some and many would consider this cheese. I want to get the opinions of others in this league on the topic. I don't want to ban it all together. I want to leave it in the game and make a set rule when it comes to running your QB.

I personally like a 5 times per game (including option plays) rule so I will see what everyone else thinks. Please let me know everyone's opinion. Whatever the vast majority wants is what I will set as a rule for week #7. This is an important reason as to why you should log on to these forums at least a few times during each week. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  2. I xTH3 GAM3x I

I xTH3 GAM3x I TeaM NoRThEaST

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its not cheese. i was running the OPTION. i know this has to be something about cursed. running the option is part of my offense. potion run and pass. thats like saying screens or deep balls are cheese because it my offense. me using the baylor team, i need some spark from my QB, which is not that big at all. if no one is open then what am i supposed to do ? roll out and pass away? this is about sim football, some people abuse the QB running , but then the defense should adjust to it and play spy, or just strait up blitz. thats my opinion

No Streaming Account
  3. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Cubbies16CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    dude splitting out the recievers 5 wide then running straight up the middle 10 times in a game is not rolling out, is not an option play, it is cheese. it would be different if it was all option plays, but it wasnt. you wanted to take down #1, hope it feels good. there are just classier ways to go about it.

No Streaming Account
  4. I xTH3 GAM3x I

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it wasnt pass plays, the times i did do that on pass plays, it was only a 8 or so yard gain. and there is no designed plays where there are 5 wrs and just go up the middle man. there were all options, on the 60 something yard run, that was an option. rolling out and running would be worse, and lucky like other cheap kids they would send receivers down the field, and then run it. that was my offense, spread option. has anyone heard of vince young? or pat white? alex smith? tim tebow? thats wat they do.. is it cheap you were doing corner routes and drags? no because is your offense!

No Streaming Account
  5. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    w/e dude, people should just know how you play.

No Streaming Account
  6. I xTH3 GAM3x I

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont play cheap lmao. im ttrying to argue or talk garbage, it WAS a good game, . only reason my QB had a big average is because my big run, where YOU strait up missed my QB. 86 speed. not fast at all compared to Oklahoma LB's. GG. no hard feelings

No Streaming Account
  7. I xTH3 GAM3x I

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    but to answer the question, i guess itll be better for everyone, even though it my offense. It's the only way Baylor is Going down!

No Streaming Account
  8. x x m o s s 81

x x m o s s 81 London Knights Owner/GM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My input in this is if it is part of the offense you should be able to do run options plays with your QB . But if people are doing 5 wide makein all the wr go flys down the field and then running with Qb that is cheap

No Streaming Account
  9. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    If people are Spreading 5 wr and he then runs the QB, just call some QB spy's and cover the QB yourself. It'd be a lot better if ppl would try and practice to stop something then bitch about it.

Keso_Paghuni
  10. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    Hey what do fast QB's do in real life? They Run and Pass! If your QB has a good running attribute then run with him. I don't think anyone likes running it with the QB EVERYTIME anyway, it gets boring, because then you know your passing game is failing. Its an explosive part of the offense, and its like taking dunking out of basketball video games, or dekeing out of Hockey games. I mean seriously just run some QB spy's. I'm sure he had a nice mix of passing plays too. If your that concerned about him running the same play everytime then you should call a specific defensive play to stop it! Not that hard to understand. I'm not trying to disrespect anyone but when your the #1 team and you lose to Baylor, maybe you will be a little upset. It speaks to Lil Clutch's (Th3 Gam3) skill. He has been mowing down user and computer teams with Baylor! My hat goes off to him.

No Streaming Account
  11. x x m o s s 81

x x m o s s 81 London Knights Owner/GM

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nicely said man

No Streaming Account
  12. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    Thanks, I tried to make it sound as logical as possible. Its my honest opinion so I'm just speaking my mind. I have been critized in the past for saying things, but that's just me, I'm not gunshy. A lot of people think I run my mouth but I give my honest opinion and say what I feel, I don't always have to be politically correct to please everyone.

No Streaming Account
  13. I xTH3 GAM3x I

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh yea.. thats all that matter ! speak yo mind!

No Streaming Account
  14. wrm88

wrm88 kessel= 1nut pu$$y

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea iam not in this league but reading all of this cubbies it just sounds like ur bitching. its part of the game just play better D

No Streaming Account
  15. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    you guys dont think i wqas running spys every play? uh duh, the problem is when you cover that every play then the screens open up nad the out route to the sisdelines which was his backup play to the QB run.
    i didnt say anything in this forum until he tried to call me out by the way. this is supposed to be a PM thing.
    i had to cover five wides then having him go right up the middle after teh secondary goes deep. on and key 3rd and 10 play this is what he did. i dont care if its a rule i jsut want people to know that he'll play as cheaply as possible to win.

thats fine and i dont care. i think people just have a right to know how the people in this league play. just wait until you play him and see how much you like it. maybe becasue i said something you'll be ready for it and you can thank me later.

if you call skill taking advantage of the cheap parts of the game then you can call it that. i really dont care. what does your opinion mean anyway? thats why this is meant for PM's. so stupid.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  16. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    If you think he is cheap then quit the league. And how can you say all people in this league play in a way you don't think is fair? (maybe that was a misprint but you said "people have a right to know how people in this league play" ...that sounds like you are talking about every member in the league). You played one guy and you don't like the way he plays, that doesn't mean you won't like how everyone else plays. You can't genarlize that every member plays the way you don't like.

This is Just my opinion but you came in to this league in what, the 2nd or 3rd week? If I recall correctly Oklahoma was #3 the week before you joined. You either won a game and got them to #1, or when we advanced the week to when you joined they became #1. Some might think it is cheap that you just come in and steal the #1 team, and not have to work for recruits or anything, basically everything is handed to you. You inherited the #1 team in the League, guys are going to be aiming for your head no matter what, if you like it or not.

I just think that your D and your team as a whole, is good enough with the players you have, to stop any play. If he runs with the QB every play against me then I would work to stop it and view it as a challenge. Maybe you should try different defensive plays. It sounds like he was mixing plays correctly if he had you thinking run, and then he passed. I didn't know we had to let the opposing player know what play we are running before we snap the football.

just my 2 cents...not trying to call you out just wanting to see your opinion on what I said.

No Streaming Account
  17. MURF DIZZLE 88

MURF DIZZLE 88 Captain Matt, My Hero

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i gonna speak as an outside observer who witnessed the game. the only time he really jus tucked it and ran with the QB was when his offensive line failed him (he is baylor and u had oklahoma) and it was the only way to save the play, what would u have him do? take a sack? when ran correctly and at the right time the option is without a doubt the hardest play to defend and its the most frustrating play to play against. cursed i feel ur pain, he is my brother and he kicks my ass all the time but he isnt one of those guys who would do something like that on purpose, he gets pissed whenever some1 does it to him.

and as far as 'taking advantage of the cheap parts of the game' isnt that professionals do? in the steelers-patriots game last season how many times did the patriots abuse anthony smith, i think it was at least for 3 touchdowns. or in baseball if the guy is weak against breaking balls would the pitcher say 'oh i dont want to be known as a cheeser so i better throw some fastballs to this guy' no he will throw all breaking balls.

cursed i kno it sucks that u lost to baylor as oklahoma but jus think of how many times me and yung drunk have suffered the same thing

No Streaming Account
  18. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    for the millionth time, i dont care. it wasnbt jsut on passes than broke down, on 3 different 3rd and 9 or 10 playes 5 wides, no backs, obvioulsy i have tto cover the outside. then recievers run deep, middle wide open even with mlb spy and a first down every time. its cheap beacue it will work nearly everytime and i did stop it quite a few times. i dont care about losing #1, big deal. i just think it violates the golden rule of how i would play the game and therefore like to have it played agaisnt me. look at the game stats and make your own opinion. in the end i lost, big deal, jsut wait until its you and youll e glad you know how to defend now. youre welcome

No Streaming Account
  19. DTA Today

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    To each his own...what I mean is you can't transfer the golden rule of real life into a video game. That comparision is rediculous. For the simply fact that some guys may think one thing is cheese, and others may think the exact opposite. That will always happen in the world of video games. In real life if you are truly a man, deep down in your heart you know what is right and wrong. Interpretations of cheap moves or cheese in video game varies greatly.

No Streaming Account
  20. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    you play him and then you can chime in with your opinion rusty. til then i dont really care. and thats tunny cause the golden rule is in the madden rules.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
    No Streaming Account