Media ***Self Indulgent media alert*** The Journey

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by NotoriousFAT 00, Apr 17, 2019.

1. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    This article is a little self indulgent so if you aren’t interested in myself NotoriousFAT 00 I get it. Move along this isn’t for you. But if your one of those people that has been around me for many seasons enjoys my banter or has watched and enjoyed my media you may find this little history lesson somewhat interesting.

The Journey.

Well it’s happened. I’m in the playoffs. Finally!

First time I’ve ever qualified for the “real season” in the AHL as a roster player. I’m truthfully not even sure what to do with myself after week 9 of the schedule. It’s so surreal. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. Usually around this time I’m getting ready to put out some media about the teams/players involved. Much like the fat girl who doesn’t get a date to the prom. I think I just figured I was destined to be the perennial loveable loser of LG. The one other players think of as a nice guy that always finishes last. The player just content to play a couple games a week and and fuck around with some media. Well that’s just not true. Never was. My desire to win was/is always high. I have just found myself in situations that were not conducive to victories and success. That’s not a slight on my past teammates or managers just a reality of competitive online hockey. Some teams win, Some teams don’t. I have always understood that and been good with it which I think has always allowed me to be a good teammate. AKA not cancerous.

This whole situation makes me smile and the real fun part of the story here is how I started in competitive online 6’s hockey and where I am now. Cue the flashback sequence. Doodily doo! Doodliy doo! Doodliy doo!

I hope I’m not using a taboo word here but I started my online career in the IOHL because of some guys I met in a drop in game. They thought I was a decent goalie and wanted me to join so they could snatch me up. I was intrigued and signed up the next day. I was assigned to a team which if I remember correctly was the Philadelphia Flyers. Much like all new guys I tried to figure out how I play games and how to get noticed. So I bombarded the guy running the team and told him just how amazing I was and how he would be making a huge mistake not to use me. What a fucking ass clown I was! Like who the fuck are you? Show up in the league and start making demands. Luckily for me the guy I was harassing was super chill and basically told me I was not likely to play on his team as he already had the goalies he wanted. Seeing my desire to play he did me a solid and offered to move me to a team that was in need of a goalie. So I packed my virtual bags and got the exposure I wanted. I was off to the Island. Long Island that is. Where I proceeded to get absolutely lit up like Times Square. Long Island was radiant and felt more like 3 mile island. It was also a great place to get gapped out. Oh my poor pooper.

Fast forward to next season and beyond when I stumbled upon LG through associates I had made through the New York fiasco and decided that it was gonna be the place to make my mark. It was bigger, more organized and frankly where the best of the best plied their trade. So without delay I signed up and played 3 seasons in the CHL. I then added another 8 in the AHL 5 as a goalie and the last 3 as a D-man. Again success was never a real friend of mine. I try my very hardest to not be a cancerous cunt by demanding trades and being a dick. (Other than season 30 in Belleville sorry I was an ass and still regret being like that) So I generally always remain on the team that bids on me. I’ve been traded before, several times from shitter to shitter but season 32 was different. (But here’s where the story comes together) I was traded this season at the deadline from Utica (Tip of the hat to Utica managers @Prey For Pocius, @Jelly x 35 and @That 1 Odd Guy) to Binghamton. A team that at the time of my arrival was in the playoff hunt and on paper a pretty decent squad. Could it be? Am I going to the loffs? After finishing out the season 7-2 with my new linemates to begin my time here you better believe I am and I couldn’t be happier. Can I say how refreshing it is to finally play on a team where I play with the same 4 guys each game. What a concept! Now the real kicker is the guy who brought me in to get a shot at playoffs in the AHL is the very same guy that gave me a chance to discover and enjoy 6’s hockey all those years ago in Philadelphia. The chill manager from the IOHL is the same GM of the Binghamton Devils today @l SaIty I. In all honesty had Salty not traded me to the New York Islanders to get my stool pushed in early and often in the IOHL I probably would never had continued. I know what your saying why would taking beatings make you want to continue? Truth is I’m very competitive and I wasn’t gonna let this little virtual world chew me up. I needed to win. I’m glad I stayed with it. All the great people I have met and played with here at LG. Friendships. The hours upon hours of video media I have produced and been a part of. The pages and pages of written material I have pecked into a keyboard with just two stubby little fingers. The support I received from the community during my health scare. All of it. Gone. There is a reason I call Salty “sensei”. I’m sure he couldn’t have known that moving this overbearing, braggadocious and desperate goalie all those seasons ago would have had him reunited years later doing media and now again here with the Devils. But I for one will always be grateful to the Salty Sailor that wasn’t all that salty after all. What a great ride it has been.

Moral of the story here is simple.

Players be humble, work hard, persevere and try not walking around the world wide web flexing your internet muscles. It can truly result in good things and great relationships that you carry for years.

To the managers give a kid a chance. You really never know. Using that kid on your TC could be spawning the next great content supplier or a diamond of a player in the rough. He could also just be an asshole but let’s reserve judgement.

Kindness is quickly becoming a rare commodity in this world so do your best to not waste precious resources. And most importantly stop using dumb fucking words like cook, hum and dodge.

Now let’s get that Calder Binghamton!

-NotoriousFAT 00

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    notoriousfat00
  2. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,164 / 9 / -45
    Ctrl + F // input: "Charlotte" "Checkers" "Wicked" "Wickedly" "Moist"
    0/0 Results Found
    cmd: did not read

------

Congrats on finding your rythm, and i told you s30 that if you kept practicing youd get better. Glad to see that im LGs top influencer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Congrats on the first playoff appearance. One man that deserves a shot is you. HUM NOW

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Tatawaka

Tatawaka why do people claim me...

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -3
    Congrats on finally reaching the playoffs!
    I’m living the exact reverse situation, where I came in and got playoffs and banners the first few seasons, and have now missed playoffs for a second straight season. Now I understand how lucky I was to be on winning teams the first few times around.

On both losing seasons I did find “diamonds in the rough”, and some real turds too. Haha.

One thing I understand now after doing some AGM at mid-season on a team already way out of postseason, is that management is a hell of a job to do. As a player the least you can do is show up to games, and dont start shit in the team chats. If you want to talk shit do it in private or DMs.

Good luck in the postseason, if you need a song or hype video I might have some free time starting next week...lol

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Now why would you type in "Wickedly" after not finding a match with "Wicked" ...

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    I’ll admit, TLDR.... but I do know what the general idea of the article is so with that being said; CONGRATS!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    Quality media and a well told story takes time my friend Fox. Save this for your next porcelain painting experience.

• Like Like x 1
    notoriousfat00
  8. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Salty trades fat in banana
    Fat gets 6’s career started
    Salty trades for fat in lg to give him taste of playoffs.

The end. Summed up

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. NotoriousFAT 00

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    But you left out all the juicy bits.

notoriousfat00