Sens vs. Pens

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by Xeno72, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So nobody is giving the Sens a chance and based on last nights game things look pretty grim. The Senators can't find a way to score on the power play. Things would be far different if the Sens had a healthy team. At the same time I will say that the Penguins team did not impress me in the least last night. That is most certainly not a team that will go very far in the playoffs. I still don't believe the series is over...especially if some of the injured can manage a way to come back in this series. The Habs and Rangers would destroy that Pittsburg team.

No Streaming Account
  2. I R Nimos

I R Nimos Toronto Maple Leafs #20

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sort of wondering what you are seeing that makes you discount the Penguins? From what I saw they dominated the Senator's, gave the Senator's a bit of hope, and then closed the door on their hands.

No Streaming Account
  3. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but I am not seeing a complete game from them. I think they will get exposed down the line if they make it past this round (which they should).

No Streaming Account
  4. FluKy

FluKy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    penguins win this serious for sure...

alfy is out, the sens have no leadership

No Streaming Account
  5. SkatingPenguin

SkatingPenguin Pens 4 Life!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're not seeing a complete game from them because the Crosby/Hossa line still hasn't clicked! lol Once that clicks they will be hard to stop.

Also regardless of how much "experience" they think they got last year losing in 5 isn't what I consider experience for the pens. I think they are out to lunch saying they learned alot last year. The only thing they learnt was not to go into the playoffs cocky.

no matter what any sports insider or writer says, Ottawa is the same team that went to the finals last year, and is the same team that went 15-2 to start the season. You gotta learn to play without your best player as the penguins did

I don't count any team out as the playoffs is a whole new ballgame...lol

No Streaming Account
  6. DaSh0wT1me

DaSh0wT1me Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't count out Ottawa either. Gerber seemed to get stronger as the game wore on so his confidence level should be good for Game 2 Tonight.

No Streaming Account
  7. swiper19

swiper19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    with Spezza out for game 3 , the Sens might have a chance to win.... figures that the only Sen I took in my pool is out :roll:

No Streaming Account
  8. Xeno72

Xeno72 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ottawa is most certainly not the same team that went to the finals last year. I realize you would like to think that the Penguins team would beat the Sens team of last year but it's not realistic. Call it an excuse if you will but the Sens shuffled some role players that have not found chemistry with their team and now are dealing with the loss of their best forechecker, best overall player and arguably best penalty killer. If all was healthy I would feel very confident that this series would not be 2-0 at the moment.

No Streaming Account