Setting Preferences

Discussion in 'MLB 16: The Show' started by DeNMaN, Apr 9, 2004.

1. DeNMaN

DeNMaN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is a list of what I feel would be the most common setups used and just want to get a look at the number of what is liked. If a setting is not listed it is left at default.

If you don't see your settings you use then vote other and please post what your settings are.

Happy Voting.

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For me, it's really only between these 2 settings:

Pro/True Aim/1-Button
    Pro/True Aim/2-Button

I've played numberous games on AllStar and here are the problems (online only, it's fine for offline play though against the CPU):

-you don't have to actually pitch well, or know much about pitching to strikeout your opponent and/or get them out. If you make a bad pitch, instead of getting rocked, they might get a single or a hard groundout. On Pro, mistakes can get crushed if you are looking for it and time it right, if you chase bad pitches out of the zone you'll whiff. It's a good balance.

-goes with the first point, but there aren't enough extra base hits and there is a better variety of hits on Pro.

-starting pitchers last too long and don't fatigue as quickly. Even the #4 or #5 starters have great "stuff" into the 6th and 7th inning, requiring less strategy and bullpen usage.

-pitchers have too much pinpoint control, not enough walks (this is a problem on all difficulty levels, but without sliders we can't do much. At least on Pro, it seems to favor the hitter in that the pitchers wear out more quickly and lose control quicker, especially when their confidence takes a big hit).

-relievers can go 2-3 innings without a problem on AllStar, goes back to the seemingly reduced fatigue on AllStar

True Aim - there's really no other option here. This is a great system and is clearly a copy of the old High Heat batting interface (which MVP smartly copied). Cursor batting is a dinosaur. No one wants to play missle command baseball. Real hitters don't look for a specific 3" spot in the strike zone to hit the ball, they use hand/eye cooridination and time the bat to make contact with the ball in more of a general location.

1 button vs 2 button batting - still undecided on this, but the more I play on 1 button (classic) the more I like it. 2 button seems more arcadish for me, where the contact swing will artificially increase your ability to make contact with the ball and effectly make your bat bigger. Sure, real hitters will sometimes choke up and not swing as hard to put the bat on the ball, but they don't have to make the decision mid-pitch as it's coming in. I think with the variety of ability levels that we'll have in the league (especially early on), the classic setup of 1 button would be the way to go. If you're facing someone that knows what they are doing on the mound, it's hard enough to get hits and runs, even with only 1 button to worry about. Add in a 2nd swing button and we might see too many K's from average SP's. I haven't tried enough of 2 button online to make a definitive decision, but for the purpose of this poll, 1 button is my choice for now.

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yep I agree with Jon, although I have only played 5 innings online.

But however, I say the:

Pro/True-Aim/2-Button

No Streaming Account
  4. All MiT Kev

All MiT Kev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    voted pro/true aim/2 button although i guess there is no real "big" diff between 1 & 2

No Streaming Account
  5. killermonkey

killermonkey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure... just throwing it out there...

It seems that with a 1-button setup that POWER is wrapped up into that swing... is this true? If it is true than won't there be more of a chance of hitting a home run with just an everyday swing?

I like the seperation....

You can still hit a home run with the contact swing.... but not as likely as you would with the power swing. The power swing most of the time is for suckers... but on a 3 and 1 count.... I may pull it out. It's just another strategy decision... most of the time it will bite you in the ass. But when you choose wisely... you could reap great rewards!

I guessed with a power swing 1 time and guessed correctly and bombed one with Pujols... it was the best moment i've had in this game so far.

About the pitching... not sure what you mean by it... I've had to pull Matt Morris in the 5th inning in both my games... once a guy is at about 65% there is a noticeable difference in his accuracy. It drops off pretty fast... and it's not long before a pitch that you threw on the corner goes right down the heart... scary!!!

Clearly this stuff needs to be reviewed and people need to spend some more time... I'll try to play on some PRO next time I play... and see what kind of differences I notice.

Right now for me though.... All Star... Two-Button... No Cursor

No Streaming Account
  6. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    legend true aim 2 button
    its alot more realistic

No Streaming Account
  7. First Canadian

First Canadian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    damn stljohnson. you have a bit too much time on your hands with all those games. lol

No Streaming Account
  8. stljohnson

stljohnson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not all those r mine i just wanted to see what it looks like ill edit it

No Streaming Account
  9. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    all-star 1 button is the shizzle

No Streaming Account
  10. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    allstar - true aim - 1-button

or Legend - true aim - 1 button.

No Streaming Account
  11. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    i'm enjoying 2-button, if you can work yourself into a 3-1 or 3-0 it's buttoms up with the power swing, Other then that i never use it

12. dan53080

dan53080 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We should use the Legend settings with true aim.....More realistic....Pro and allstar will just inflate all the stats........Legend is true to the game....I've played about ten games on legend and all the scores were right on ....I played on Allstar and it was just an arcadish hit fest....True aim is the choice for batting...1 or 2 button doesn't matter to me.....

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who were you playing against? Someone from here or a random person on XBoxLive? What teams were used, what starting pitchers were used? There are soooo many variables involved here that you can't just discount Pro mode because you happen to beat up some noob online. I've played numberous games on Pro online, consider myself a very good player, and not many people have been able to get hits off of me (I'm undefeated so far).

No Streaming Account
  14. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So am I, although I have only played 2 games. My last was :chic: @ :bosr: and I won 1-0 in 13 innings on an Aramis Ramirez HR, it barely made it over the fence..

Gajeske85
  15. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Once you guys get off weak rookie mode ( pro ), i'll be more than happy to ruin your undefeated records

No Streaming Account
  16. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I prefer Pro, I can barely hit the damn ball.

Gajeske85
  17. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MP - I'll be happy to beat you on any skill level. :)

No Streaming Account
  18. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha riiight

No Streaming Account
  19. WilloMan

WilloMan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont see what is the big deal from going from playing on rookie to pro?(I dont see the difference) WTH the difficulty in batting and pitching doesnt improve for the user. Hell, just play on anything besides the first 2 easiest settings of the game.

Need to stop playing on these garbage difficulty settings.

Play on Allstar or Legend already. This pansy crap needs to stop already. Seriously...PRO!

No Streaming Account
  20. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Look at the exh scoreboard... i seriously doubt we will be using Legend

No Streaming Account