Please Vote! Should LG think of moving Sunday Games? (Caps Gaming)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by kpy86, Dec 4, 2020.

?

Do you think Sunday games for LG should be moved to Wednesday

1. yes

66 vote(s)
    67.3%
  2. no

26 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. other (post in chat)

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    I just want to prefix this with, I know Sharks has their games on Wednesday. But after this Wednesday, 80 teams will be out of the tournament. If I had to guess, most of those remaining teams will be from NHL or AHL or mix of, players. With that being said, I think anyone will agree that they will probably prioritize Caps Gaming over LG due to the nature of the league/tournament.

But what if the games of LG were moved from Sunday, to Wednesday. Instead of having to reschedule Caps games, you can freely play them on Sunday and since most of the teams will be out of Sharks, it should reduce the amount of team/players with a schedule conflict.

Main downside to this imo is the fact that Sharks cannot be rescheduled, while Caps can, if you are not on main screen TV. I am just putting the idea out there since I remember a bunch of people talking about this a week ago and was brought up again tonight.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kipper86
  2. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,684 / 42 / -118
    There is an option to reschedule your caps games over a like 30h period for this exact reason. You can’t reschedule SJS games, there is no real debate here.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. P4ttelite

P4ttelite Well-Known Member

Discord:
    P4ttelite#8770
    Ratings:
    +2,051 / 230 / -350
    the caps games should be moved not the LG games.

• Like Like x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
    xspezzal19lx
  4. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    where would we move them to?

Sunday - Caps/LG
    Monday - LG
    Tuesday - LG
    Wed - Sharks
    Thursday - Sharks
    Friday - CBJ

None showcase series games can be moved with the flex format

Does the community want the Sunday games to run 10-1040-1120?

With the caps series starting at 9, and running for a true swiss series (could be three games) there isn't much flex except having LGHL games late.

I respect and understand the passion this league has created where players want to play for money but also have the dedication to the league but with the recent explosion of Esports hockey, do we really have any options?

I understand sharks is ending soon, but out of the remaining teams, those would also be the top tier players in all three events remaining. So your idea kind of robs paul to pay peter

• Like Like x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. IxIDeuceIxI

IxIDeuceIxI Well-Known Member

Discord:
    IxIDeuceIxI#8332
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -3
    At least we could change CAPS Gametime. Making 9pm the official gametime seems problematic to me.
    Put it at 10;30 and you can still reschedule games if both GM agree, if none of their team playing LG on sunday ?

• Like Like x 1
    deucelepapa
  6. GrizGoal

GrizGoal Esports Commentary

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    I layed out a few different options for LG and Esports to coexist on the No Thumbs Podcast last night. The option I think works the best for all parties involved is moving LG back 2 hours on Sunday so that games are as follows:

Sunday: 7:00, 7:40, 8:20
    Monday: 9:00, 9:40, 10:20
    Tuesday: 9:00, 9:40, 10:20

Doing this at least gives people that are home all day on Sunday the option to give LG avail on Sunday and not have to rely on getting caps gaming rescheduled.

It is the most logical option that causes the least amount of disturbance throughout the schedule and will ease the burden on managers and players alike.

This option will also allow any potential reschedules to be played either Monday or Tuesday night, as well as Wednesday if the lineups are knocked out of Sharks.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Grizgoal
  7. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    I think by rules, the games for Caps can only be played Saturday or Sunday, but otherwise the idea seems fine

kipper86
  8. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    No the Caps games for Week 1 could only be moved to Saturday and Sunday because the signups closed Saturday at noon. But after this week you can reschedule your games to a time of your choice as long as your aren't picked for matchup of the week.

No Streaming Account
  9. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    We don’t have a say in that.

LG has been marketed as a platform to host high end large scale events. All of the timings and duration of events is what the organizations want based on number, sponsors and goals they are trying to accomplish during these events.

It’s the Caps Showcase, not an LG event. We aren’t the ones who are throwing up 20k. We are just supporting the event with our system and staff.

They are also the first organization that decided to have a flex schedule which is they did for their first as well. That does give teams a lot of flexibility

LeagueGamingOfficial
  10. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    A couple of things to consider
    • You can only change the date to the Saturday of the week, til the Sunday 11pm eastern of that week
    • If you are the featured series, you will not be able to change the date/time

This makes me think otherwise

kipper86
  11. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I was told otherwise but should have checked for myself then.

No Streaming Account
  12. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    I am not sure if Tris and Brodie are able to check with Caps if they will allow games to be played outside of the weekend. But it also depends on when Tris does the weekly schedule.

kipper86
  13. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    You can’t change or at least shouldn’t change the time of LG games either cause it’s not fair to those who may only be 4/9 or even 6/9 with one of those days being Sunday. You rip a day away from those players and their availability goes down and very likely their LG experience suffers cause they get waived or bounced around via trades . We ALL checked the box agreeing to availability and those game times prior to the start of the season. If your availability drops to 3/9 cause you CHOSE to play caps gaming, then that is what it is. But you can’t punish those who aren’t playing caps and signed up for LG.

Esports is exploding and it’s great LG site is getting the traffic but McDonald will have to come up with a way to mitigate this situation in the future where the esports events cannibalize the LG quality of play.

It’s very possible we see LG seasons having different days and/or game times from season to season depending on the upcoming Esports events during the season timeframe.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  14. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    I think what will legit happen if Esports start actually popping off with multiple tourneys per month, is that people will stop playing LG and only sign up for esports. Is it bad? Is it good? That is for LG to decide. if the esports is ran through LG, does not really matter, but if it does not..

kipper86
  15. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    For this season no. For next season put it to a vote. It sucks that Sharks and caps overlap, but it's not LGHL's job to accommodate the schedule. If you cannot meet the commitments you signed up for, that's your problem not the leagues.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. GrizGoal

GrizGoal Esports Commentary

Discord:
    Griz#1745
    Ratings:
    +525 / 22 / -36
    It absolutely is on the league to accommodate the schedule. You only need to have a 4/9 availability to play LG. They added additional commitments on their website that conflict with their own league. They also encourage every person possible to sign up for these tournaments. You shouldn't need to miss out on a massive money tournament that is hosted by LG because the times conflict. It's completely on them to find a solution so the leagues can coexist. That is the whole point of this post, and my post.

Grizgoal
  17. IxIDeuceIxI

IxIDeuceIxI Well-Known Member

Discord:
    IxIDeuceIxI#8332
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -3
    @Tris10 Conclusion I hear you want to please everyone and it is fine but, in the future, can we really have 2 events overcrossing again ?
    I don't think so. Unless the both events would be held on a unique day like caps gaming tourny.

deucelepapa
  18. Tha Party Poopa

Tha Party Poopa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 2 / -7
    1 late Sunday LG game after caps. 1 late LG game Monday and Tuesday.

No Streaming Account