Please Vote! Should players have to move up?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by DaSteelerz, Jan 28, 2020.

Tags:
?

Should players have to move up?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny
  2. Holta

Holta __________________________________________________

Discord:
    holtaa#0
    Ratings:
    +312 / 105 / -111
    Divine Mitts

HoIta
  3. sxint_pablo

sxint_pablo LGAHL BOG

Discord:
    Steel#2459
    Ratings:
    +230 / 60 / -48
    No Streaming Account
  4. GiveMeDaPuck

GiveMeDaPuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 3 / -24
    I personally think everyone should have to signup before NHL bidding, all late veterans that signup would be CHL TC and ineligible to be called up. I get that certain leagues work better for some peoples availability (myself included), but ultimately the end goal is to have the talent pool divided by skill level.

I think the only workaround we should allow for skipping NHL bidding is to commit to managing. People who really wish to play in the A, would then be more likely to take a management position in the A, which further strengthens the balance of the league down here.

The current system is flawed in design. Technically, all of the top talent in the N could just sign up late and then there'd be a shift in balance where the A was more skilled than the N, it doesn't make any sense.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    GiveMeDaPuck
  5. Scorezeh

Scorezeh Сука

Discord:
    scorezov#0
    Ratings:
    +241 / 151 / -130
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Scorezeh

Scorezeh Сука

Discord:
    scorezov#0
    Ratings:
    +241 / 151 / -130
    ?

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. C4NADA

C4NADA Well-Known Member

Discord:
    C4NADA#8873
    Ratings:
    +134 / 87 / -113
    The n is fucking aids. Period. Good day

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    c4nada
  8. xLTD23x

xLTD23x Where do I post my availability?

Discord:
    xltd23x#0
    Ratings:
    +42 / 9 / -4
    I think only prospects should be allowed to sign up late. Amateurs and veterans should be required to sign up prior to NHL bidding.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Neil x 25

Neil x 25 Former AHL Cover Boy #BACK

Ratings:
    +485 / 53 / -53
    @meka DVA meka Why be a peasant in the NHL when I can stay down here and be a God ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Barks l21l

Barks l21l Admirals GM

Discord:
    i Nylander l#8101
    Ratings:
    +405 / 35 / -39
    Players should be forced to move up why? Not everyone cares about playing in the N just to have a logo. If they wanna play CHL and AHL cause that's where they have fun let them. This league is free and having fun should be the main idea.

• Like Like x 6
    lNylanderl
  11. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    why do people care where others play? I dont understand

• Like Like x 1
    mattyhandz
  12. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    I sign up to play in the NHL every season. I’m as stunned as all of you are about why I’m still in the AHL.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    In World of CHEL
    notoriousfat00
  13. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    The more and more I think about it, the more I agree to not allowing late signups. If you want to skip NHL bidding, take management and help the league. Just like if you want full control of a team, take NHL ownership.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Lokix6x
  14. Barks l21l

Barks l21l Admirals GM

Discord:
    i Nylander l#8101
    Ratings:
    +405 / 35 / -39
    not everyone has the time/effort to manage in LG. Again its a free league if someone wants to play AHL without being management why cant they?

• Like Like x 2
    lNylanderl
  15. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217

I've always said the same thing, but when you force the better players to play in the NHL, it causes the A to bring in newer people. We can say it's a "free league" as our argument but at the end of the day, the NHL get weaker and weaker every season. This is a simulation league and simulation tells you that the AHL is another developmental league to the bigs. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it and normally I'm one to allow people to play when they want but forcing signups before bidding would make things much more interesting in the AHL and CHL.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Lokix6x
  16. Barks l21l

Barks l21l Admirals GM

Discord:
    i Nylander l#8101
    Ratings:
    +405 / 35 / -39
    Youre acting like the people who sign up late kill the balance of the league, yet maybe 5 guys sign up llate have NHL experience. i think if they wanna come down and be 9 million let them. Also, with the new rules about NHL owners not able to bid on AHL guys unless given permission will fix some of the balance problems with top line NHLers signing up for AHL. The AHL is still a developement league, theres tons of DPs every season who go off and move up and theres some who dont, just like real life. I think the culture in the NHL needs to be fixed before people like myself want to move up and try it out. Not fun when youre being counted out 10 minutes after accepting ur offer and guys retiring on you before bidding even starts lol.

• Like Like x 4
    lNylanderl
  17. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Fun for whom?

If a player is only in a lower league because they refused to risk playing against people who average closer to their own skill level, I guess that could be fun if said player prefers games on easy mode. Doesn’t seem like it’d be as fun for the players who naturally belong in a lower league and would end up there anyway in a bidding system which more strongly promoted a competitive structure.

It’s misleading to characterize it as “being forced to move up.” A more honest phrasing would be “forced to risk playing amongst other players closer to your own perceived skill level.”

That said, I dodged ahl bidding my last time through because there was always at least one manager who mistakenly believed I am anything more than a #7 D. Sometimes you need the freedom to save people from themselves.

LG has to strike a balance between competitive structure and overall fun, but let’s call it what it is. If you’re dodging, it’s because you don’t think you’ll be able to hack it at that higher tier and win enough games to enjoy yourself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +454 / 2 / -17
    I think this comes down to how McDonald and Tris want LG to look. You can either have a “# of players on site” option or a “quality of play” option. Pros and cons to each.

# of players Option: Current format where people can sign up after NHL bidding.

PRO: People can sign up for league that works better with their schedule and/or has more of their friends in it. More fun for those players.

CON: Can create an AHL that is almost as good as NHL. Also can ruin experience for many NHL players because only a handful of teams could have true NHL talent forcing others to play on bad teams.

Quality of Play Option: Any non-prospect who doesn’t sign up before NHL bidding is a CHL TC.

PRO: The best of best are truly in NHL aside for a few management exceptions. Leagues are more balanced overall

CON: You run risk of losing players who are forced to play in a league they may not wish to play in. This could cause LG signups to go down.

This is one of those discussions where I feel could truly go either way and it boils down to how Tris and McDonald want LG to be showcased

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    You're all missing the point. The guys who should be in the NHL that come to the AHL pay the price. Allowing a guy like @Redmile89 to manage in the A when he's a successful NHL owner and player is the issue. @GB521 last season had 10 wins. @Xx LoL xX 9 had one of his worst LG seasons in terms of wins. You pay the price with those contracts. I wouldn't say Colorado had any "NHLer" per say as Dunks and Vinny were probably their 2 guys with NHL experience both played up and saw a little success but nothing out of the ordinary. They won the cup. I wouldn't say they are THAT much better than AHLer. So what's the balance issue then?

There is none. The only issue is coming from the guys who are tired of losing in the NHL because they sign up for it, but would still lose in the A. You're just shit. Has nothing to do with when you sign up.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Dumb x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    FrenchMoron mentions "people who come down from NHL to manage" as being a bigger problem.

Some ideas:
    • Anyone who wants to be an NHL Owner or AHL GM applies ahead of bidding season.
    • LG Staff select and assign NHL Owners and AHL GMs.
    • NHL has no managerial responsibility concerning AHL, and AHL is not responsible for finding ECUs for NHL.
    • Any AHL roster player is eligible to ECU for their NHL affiliate if they are not scheduled to play an AHL game at the same date/time. If NHL uses an ineligible player, the game is forfeited.
    • NHL owners can only trade players drafted by them and on their entry level contract, or players picked up in NHL bidding.
    • NHL bidding is given a couple extra slots to pick up players with the intent of assigning them to the AHL affiliate and future ECU use.
    • AHL GMs can trade any players picked up in AHL bidding, or RA's. Drafted players on their ELC can be assigned to the AHL roster. AHL cannot trade drafted players on their ELC.
    You get more players interested in managing AHL because NHL can't monkey fuck them as easily - the scope is small, and rules are clearly defined. AHL has full control over most of their roster.

More people may be interested in or focused on NHL management because they don't have to spend time worrying about AHL crap. They don't have to go find an AHL GM, deal with AHL drama, or get hit with a complaint because AHL management goofed up on something. (On the downside, the NHL GM and AGM may have to take a more active role helping the Owner, as AHL management won't be there to act as Jr Managers.)

Thanks for reading mac's best hits from his rehashed, past season management forum suggestion posts.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account