Should traits have a negative effect in EASHL?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by SweetLou9208, Sep 26, 2019.

?

Should putting a trait (1 or 2) on your player have a negative effect on attributes

1. Yes

14.7%
  2. No

85.3%
  1. deadbloatedgoat

deadbloatedgoat Goat_Goatingham

Ratings:
    +2 / 3 / -11
    I'm on board with that!

No Streaming Account
  2. AnAmericanPsycho

AnAmericanPsycho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Base level attributes for “player types,” (goalies and skaters alike) but no caps on them. You earn attribute points as you level up, and you apply them as you wish. I hate being hamstrung with a shit shot as a playmaker and hate that snipers have a max deke rating of 84 I think. Not all power forwards are slow and I’m pretty sure there are danglers in the nhl that exceed 6 feet in height. Keep the special talents but let me make my own player and tailor that player to how I like to play. They did this several years back.

No Streaming Account
  3. X Lube X

X Lube X Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x_lube_x#0
    Ratings:
    +69 / 3 / -2
    If I have have to purchase anything extra in EASHL to have a level playing field I will literally be uninstall the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. BlaznZigZagz420

BlaznZigZagz420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The goalies need work big time ... Some of the weakest stuff go in and then some of the hardest stuff ur not supposed to save u save it's ridiculous that if my team is 4-0 in the 3rd and in a matter of seconds it's tied like wtf thought EA took out momentum .. I guess not

No Streaming Account
  5. BlaznZigZagz420

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think they should bring back NHL 14 the goalies and the gameplay was much better and the fact that u can actually play around with attributes and u had to keep your legend status should be implemented into this gen just tweek the goalies and the fucking ridiculous momentum switch and the way every pass gets picked off and it would be a great game

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. BlaznZigZagz420

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Fuck hut !!! You guys spend too much damn time on hut!! It's boring to me I haven't played hut since 16

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Savvyy4

Savvyy4 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +519 / 40 / -84
    Idk maybe it’s just me and I’m a shitter but to me defense is underwhelming. You play a pass perfectly and intercept it and less than a sec later you lose it in someone’s skate or they skate through your stick and it’s a guaranteed goal and it’s frustrating to play a situation perfectly and not get rewarded for it. But than again I may be a shitter

No Streaming Account
  8. Doc_Peep

Doc_Peep Good vibes only

Discord:
    Doc_Peep#6385
    Ratings:
    +495 / 23 / -53
    I would just like to see more parity in the game. The stats all feel meaningless except speed and agility. I've seen people using enforcers dangling the puck around people and every build can shoot sniping clappers.

I'm pretty sure if you take any build in eashl, plug the numbers in to create a player, every player is rated an 86. So the builds matter less than the player skill. Which is fine, but sometimes i just want to see the different traits actually have more effect on the game. See what people can build.

doc_marshmallow
  9. LetEmKnow617_Dan

LetEmKnow617_Dan Member

Discord:
    LEK#0755
    Ratings:
    +6 / 1 / -6

LetEmKnow617
  10. MAGZ I3I

MAGZ I3I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    magz_3#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 1 / -11
    You do not HAVE to purchase as you also have the choice to earn free by playing and achieving goals within WOC.

No Streaming Account
  11. ItsUncleLeooo

ItsUncleLeooo Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Goalie Traits and Specialities
    Primary Trait value adds more points than secondary
    Secondary Trait value is less than primary trait value

No Streaming Account
  12. GxblinSlayer

GxblinSlayer Normalize Central Servers

Discord:
    GxblinSlayer#6969
    Ratings:
    +290 / 16 / -51
    Get rid of Marathon Man. Useless if everyone is using it. Like Faceoff Master before it, Marathon Man seems more like a necessity than any perk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    gxblinslayer
  13. I-SCRATCH-l

I-SCRATCH-l I-SCRATCH-l

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -3
    I love the new traits. I do miss the face off trait though

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. LtSplinter

LtSplinter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1
    Don't know if this is totally relevant but I believe they need to bring back faceoff master in some form.

A natural centerman should have the stat advantage over say a winger in the dot.

Doesnt have to be massive but if a centerman and a winger perform the same faceoff move the natural center should win. Either being in the center position gives you a +10 to faceoff or center builds get an additional slot for faceoff master or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    The issue with the full customization was you had to play what 300 games to get to legend 3? Just unlock everything from the beginning

No Streaming Account
  16. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    It's relative because everyone is subject to the same rules. Doesn't really matter as long as it's balanced and there's not a ''Meta'' build.

No Streaming Account
  17. NevynDragin

NevynDragin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Traits should not give negative effects. They should only boost what was intended. In real life, enhancing one trait rarely makes you shittier at other things. It general improves your overall ability.

Giving the a set amount of points to be distributed as a user sees fit would be best. Leave some preset options as well though, but nothing should take away from the base class.

No Streaming Account
  18. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Holy shit. First off, learn some punctuation so people don't run out of breath reading what you're trying to say. Next, keep your legend status? Umm, once you got whatever card you got, you had it for the rest of the game. Momentum, you mean the ice tilt that they claim was never in any of their games? Back to legend status, yeah, no thanks. Just give us the attributes instead. Not everyone has the time to grind to Legend 3 nor the want with their piece of shit game that literally has gotten worse every year. Especially since they moved to the current generation systems.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. LowJacK604

LowJacK604 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't answer the poll because I think the current system of traits is broken regardless.

The current Trait System was put in place in an attempt to not discourage new users to the game. People that can only play the game occassionally were severely mismatched when playing against someone who could play more frequently. In their attempt to resolve this issue it cost users the ability to customizer their skater for their play style.

An alternate solution to the old system would be to implement a system which encourages users to reset their character, similar to prestiging in Call of Duty. Use all the visual customizations (colored skate laces, visors...etc) as incentive to prestige.

Lastly, the entire attribute system needs a major overhaul and some common sense put into it. Strength should also control body checking and shot power. Aside from extending a leg to try to stay onside or legal deflections, offensive and defensive awareness should be based off the users own ability, not an attribute.

Anyway, I'll stop there. Glad to hear that you've got EA's ear. Hopeful that changes for the better will occur in the next installment.

No Streaming Account
  20. CptMorgan745111

CptMorgan745111 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bring back face off trait ... it will be a good start

Btw , your game have so many bogus ... traits should be the last of things you should try to fix .

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    No Streaming Account