Since no one will say it, I’m going to.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by HatrickSwayze8, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HatrickSwayze8

HatrickSwayze8 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -0
    NHL 20 is terrible. I went from being a productive defender, to being kind of lost out there. Defense mechanisms are poor at best. (We will see as far as updates go). I’m very disappointed with my play/slow transition to this new gameplay. I just don’t see how we are going to have great LG games this season given the changes. I feel like I’m the only one struggling to perform on the same level I was on ‘19. I may just need to practice more, but I’m very disappointed with the changes in ‘20, and I do not think this is an improvement on the previous game. (Other than there being no more dressing room errors). Hopefully some of you agree, even though I feel a bit marginalized in my disappointment with the game and my poor play since switching to ‘20. I know the next season doesn’t start for a while. I know.. I know.. “be patient”/“just practice”. Looking for insight. Feel free to agree or disagree. Tips, anything...

• Get Good Get Good x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. NikkiTrashh13

NikkiTrashh13 Active Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 6 / -2
    You're not alone buddy. I'd say its gonna take some work for all of us. Glad to see someone speaking out about it though. Hopefully there are some improvements to gameplay prior to the season, but I suppose until then we gotta push through it and try and figure it out.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. Le_Homie_Yosh

Le_Homie_Yosh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 11 / -66
    Honestly, the gameplay is great. I like how the easy pass now got intercepted. I love the skating, but i understand for the defense now it's more tough.

I hope they will keep gameplay like this because i feel it's really more realistic. The only thing i would change is the L2 thing. It's more like figure skating then hockey.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    Sebastior
  4. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo BiLL3Y-BiLL3Y

Ratings:
    +187 / 23 / -35
    The games are always great come release date the updates in my opinion kill the game and hype.. I' am sick of paying for the same years game over again I miss the steady consistency where the game stayed the same as how it was made release date and let's all deal with what is given good luck to everyone

• Like Like x 3
    bill3y
  5. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Formerly Jeffrey99 @ LG & Xbox

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Honestly as a defensive defenceman I don't see much difference from 19 (I've only played a handful of games though), other then games taking longer due to replays/highlights. One complaint is drop in's feel like everyone's on turbo. LOL Clubs don't seem to be as bad.

My one biggest complaint and maybe I'm just doing something wrong, is that if I'm a right hand d-man skating down left side of the ice to pick up a puck in the corner, I can't shoot it around the boards anymore. My guy now wants to do a 180 spin and shoot it right up the middle of the ice. Maybe I need to try and start using one touch passing instead. idk.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. D1ggy420

D1ggy420 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D1ggy420#1322
    Ratings:
    +116 / 14 / -5
    I feel ya buddy. Don’t think I’ve had this rough of a start to NHL game in a long time. Defence absolutely gets taken through the ringer in this game. Loosing games on some dumb stuff. Same with the goalies to.

• Winner Winner x 1
    d1ggy4200
  7. Savage_kiills

Savage_kiills Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 10 / -7
    I agree defense is absolutely brutal with those slow ass transitions

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  8. Wiqkid1

Wiqkid1 Medicine Hat Tigers

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -8
    I love intercepting a pass to just have the forward stick lift it with full speed before I have time to do a single thing with the puck. Makes me so happy.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Wiqkid1
  9. xGlNGERR

xGlNGERR GinGer

Ratings:
    +561 / 25 / -93
    just puck chop

• Winner Winner x 1
    GeneralGingerBreadNHL
  10. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 | Windhorst | RW #35 | LGCHL PSN Voltigeurs GM |

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +273 / 286 / -73
    Same issue when killing penalties etc. etc. - What I learned is that you really have to force your left stick down and around when you try to shoot the puck around the boards...just go into practice for a minute and you'll see that it's an extra step...use to just pick it up and chuck the frozen rock thing called a puck.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    srubrad35
  11. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 | Windhorst | RW #35 | LGCHL PSN Voltigeurs GM |

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +273 / 286 / -73
    100% agreed a very rough start to 6s...every other gameplay is good and hopefully doesn't change. 6s are rough at first. Literally if you can just take one day for a decent period of time and you'll start adjusting.

I agree half way on the stealing passes. I like that passes have to be more precise, but I don't like the idea that someone can be completely skating backwards and pick off a pass like it's their job. Maybe it is their job? I just wish that there had to be some change in the left stick to take passes or certain buttons for that matter. Or at least show the animation of the players head turning a bit to pick it off...then I wouldn't yell at the screen as much when that happens :)

Love the game play, just needs to be cleaned up not by EA, but actually by the players!

Defense and goalie will be a struggle at first...but I think it will come. SV% I think will dip this year, but GAA will be relatively okay as a league. I think. I hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    srubrad35
  12. Wiqkid1

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -8
    Stick lifts are my only complaint and will always be. Cut a pass the other day and the guy didnt even turn his head, he was 2 feet past me and his arm made some unrealistic motion and he stick lifted it and just kept going like I never cut the pass to begin with. Think now I'm just gonna be ready to hit X the second I intercept a pass from now on. Oh and if it's a lose puck in front of the net RIP all.

• Like Like x 1
    Wiqkid1
  13. Pookie4lyf

Pookie4lyf Active Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 2 / -14
    Just a small suggestion. Puck protect, quick passes, and sauce on D is even more important. I love 20. Personally as I find the fast moving game and team game is so much more important. I understand the frustration and think having a good D partner is even more important now than ever. Keep grinding dude.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Wiqkid1

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -8
    I like the game alot. And I do protect puck but then you'll have the incident occassionally where you tie them up causing a penalty. Just think it shouldn't be as easy for forwards to stick lift dmen. I mean there has to be one thing dmen are better than forwards at lol.

• Like Like x 1
    Wiqkid1
  15. TheSchwartz14

TheSchwartz14 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -12
    It's fine. You have to adjust. I had a rough start to the Beta with the back skating transitions and guys skating past me and around me but if you are back skating and a forward is coming at you full speed, he should blow past you. A player shouldn't be able to back skate and turnaround and keep pace with a forward at full speed.

Passing is more difficult for everyone not just defense. You need to slow down and play smarter. Learn to carry the puck a little more and find better passing lanes.

Defense is harder that doesn't mean it's bad. You need to learn from your failings and get better.

• Like Like x 1
    pschwartz14
  16. LeKotkaniemi

LeKotkaniemi The Alexander Graham Bell of LG Writeups

Discord:
    JaneauTrudel#4895
    Ratings:
    +486 / 15 / -27
    This game is way more punishiing for everyone and I like it. As a forward, make a bad pass, it's much more likely to get intercepted than it would have been in 19. As a a defenseman it is the same thing, you leave a lane open or let a guy get behind you? YOU WILL BE MADE. The reason defensemen are feeling the blunt of it is because making a bad pass or a mistake as a defenseman is much more costly than it is for a forward.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    mike71111
  17. D_sIsIvE1

D_sIsIvE1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 27 / -28
    Body contact is pretty OP. I get bumped and slide down the ice 60ft. Then take 15 more seconds to actually get up. The few games I played a D so far I really haven’t had an issue. Puck pick offs are great and it really forces you to play positionally. If you get caught flat footed, you’re burned and that’s how it should be. Imo it forces you to read the play and adjust quickly. If you’re using a larger build defenseman, be prepared to forget about offense if you want to stay in front of the puck lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. HatrickSwayze8

Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -0
    This really helps made. I see you gave me the ‘get good’ thing but I’m not even mad. This helps me understand the parameters I need to work within to actually get good again. Thanks

No Streaming Account
  19. HatrickSwayze8

Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -0
    This really helps me***

No Streaming Account
  20. DeathRoe9

DeathRoe9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -4
    • Like Like x 1