Socal's Take on the Raiders

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by Shush, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Socal's Take on the

I had to move it out of the Team Assignment Thread.

Ohh yeah, I haven't played with the Raiders now that they took Rod Woodson, Barrett Robbins, and Tim Brown off the team.

Tim Brown is a little bit of a loss, but Cole, Curry, Gabriel, and Whitted always stepped up and made a play when I put them in for a few plays.

Barrett Robbins isn't that big of a loss, there is still Adam Treu, and Jake Grove as (C) Centers, and they easily replace him.

As for Rod Woodson, his loss isn't that great in the game either, as you have Ray Buchanan in the game and he is what like an 80-83 as I remember.

The Raiders really surprised me with their rankings in ESPN NFL 2K5, especially after the poor season that they had, but then again, with a team that solid all around, what can you expect?

The offense isn't that bad, and Gannon is still rated high 80's, low 90's I believe, and can scramble if needed, bomb it up, side-arm it, anything you really need from him. Tyrone Wheatley will tear it up for you on the ground, and they Jerry Receivers (Jerry Porter-84 and Jerry Rice-80) will catch a lot of balls thrown their way.

On defense, Napoleon Harris is a beast and will kill you if you try to run up the gut, or if you leave a receiver hanging over the middle...GOOD NIGHT! Harris will also chase you down if you get a good gain.

It is no secret that the Raiders seconday is one of the best in the game, with Phillip Buchanon and Charles Woodson as starting corners, and Buchanon is way underrated on that game. The level he plays, he deserves like a 90 at least. C-Wood, we all know his capabilities.

Their D-Line will eat you alive with John Parella, Warren Sapp, and Ted Washington. And should you play a 4 man down line, you will have former Patriots D-Lineman Bobby Hamilton.

No Streaming Account
  2. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's impossible to pass against his Db's. I would get Buchannon in single coverage on Roy Williams and have a good few steps on him and he would still catch up and nab the ball. 7 Int's last time I played against the Raiders.

No Streaming Account
  3. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I started manually taking over Phil and doing it, especially since time after time you were going to him, so I figured it out kind of quickly....manually guard Roy Williams and you couldn't do anything.

No Streaming Account