Some Thoughts w/ Goonderk: PRE-SZN

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by goonderk, Oct 11, 2018.

1. goonderk

goonderk goonderk#6561

Ratings:
    +2,919 / 14 / -27
    Quick Note: If you missed my last one, this is just basically my take on Elliotte Friedman's "31 Thoughts". Season hasn't started yet, so not as much for me to talk about. Essentially, this week's and last week's articles were just stream of consciousness writing, and I hope to make them more substantial in the future. And yeah, I might make it to 31 thoughts eventually. Here's the last one if you're interested. https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/some-thoughts-w-goonderk-bidding-szn.279089/

1. Obligatory thought: Los Angeles Kings called up @SoY LoS 19 from the AHL after trading away a steal of a contract in @iTz x Luigi x . (insert Chris Carter gif) C'mon man.

2. Doesn't seem like any other big contracts will be called up unless those players in the AHL are traded to other teams. Probably a good thing for the league, at least according to the more vocal portion of the community.

3. @Porter x 53 is going 1st overall in the S32 draft. Don't @ me.

4. First ESHL tournament went... ok? Started at around 9 PM EST and ended a bit before 1 AM EST I believe. Would have to think it'd be faster next time around, especially if manual stats can be entered after the tournament is over. I'd say it was moderately successful.

5. Update: definitely should go smoother now that we're allowed to just enter the team stats and fill out the rest later. Thank you based god.

6. I think most people would agree that it's great seeing so many people interested in ESHL. There are more than 32 teams signed up for 10/11 as I write this article. Maybe LG will add a couple extra free tourneys through out the year; not sure how everyone would feel about that, but I think it'd keep interest high.

7. It seems like issues with CC are sort of ironed out. It won't match if anyone on either team has an opposing player blocked. I think you also need to fully reset the DR after a challenge game is completed (at least that's what my team has been doing) just for added success. Also, if one team is searching with the password "APPLE" and one is searching with "EGGS", you won't find each other @KalineCubs93 .

8. Some interesting trades happening the last couples days, obviously the biggest being @BullBreed333 plus a pick to the Wild in exchange for @mfricha plus a pick to the Devils reuniting a certain dynamic duo from previous seasons.

9. @mferra32 to Canadiens and @mR Hit DaT the other way to the Blues with various picks changing hands. That lead to Canadiens acquiring @HoT RiViT from the Kings and sending @I TeMoZ I back. Blues get a great center and spend some of their cap finally, Canadiens upgrade on defense, and Kings get a little cap relief moving towards their AHL call-up. Kind of feel like that worked out for everyone?

10. Now for the main event of the evening (in Michael Buffer voice)... @Optehic to the Islanders and @Po1andsFinest to the Rangers. Definitely seems like at least a swap of play-styles. @Optehic was on a pretty good contract, but Rangers had the cap space to do what they wanted. I'd say it's a pretty even trade, though I think the Rangers are going to benefit right away with a different presence on their blue line.

11. Rumor is another trade is in the works for the Eastern Conference. Not to give away too many details, but maybe moves a team up in the "preseason rankings".

12. Shameless plug here: I'll be releasing my Eastern Conference and Western Conference predictions on Saturday. So, please consider reading them if you have any interest in reading my semi-unbiased, probably overrated opinion.

13. Here are some other rankings. Do I agree with them? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe fk yourself. https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s31-power-ranking.279048/
    https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/lghl-season-31-central-division.279189/
    https://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/lghl-season-31-pacific-division.279195/

14. There was a tuner! They didn't really fix too many of the issues people had according to the patch notes, but at least nobody can knock the stick out of my hands.

Spamming that A button is gone due to the most recent patch according to a few players. MFW I finally win a stick-lift battle in HUT :)

16. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 comes out tonight at midnight (I think?). Feel like this has been much more hyped than the last few games. Personally, I'll be playing it tomorrow. Will everyone have time for LG?

17. Don't love the IIII logo they have for the game, though. A lot of people made fun of it a bit, but realistically would IV have looked that much better?

18. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, they had II and III for the Black Ops games, so the next step in Roman numerals would have been IV for 4. Instead, they just said fk it and went with IIII.

19. I'm definitely having fun playing NHL 19, and I feel like a lot of other people are, too, despite its issues. With that being said, definitely think the population of the game falls after COD and RDR2 come out.

While we're talking about game releases, Spyro Reignited Trilogy was supposed to be out a couple of weeks ago, but they pushed the release back until November 13th.

21. OK last unrelated-to-NHL thought, but anyone remember those "Croc" video games? I believe there were 2, and they were the first video games I played on PC. Someone get the license for those and remaster them.

22. Next article in this series should be out on Thursday after Week 1 concludes. Again, my preseason predictions will be out on Saturday.

23. Saved the best for last, congrats to Fearless on winning the last ESHL tournament. Bad Intentions was the runner up. Game was decided by a PP goal in overtime scored by @rickchel . (I think, anyways. Going off what I remember here.)

Thanks for reading.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. I TeMoZ I

I TeMoZ I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    Upgrade on D? Wat?

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    @goonderk I don't think it'll effect my season all that much but I'm waiting for the KH3 release in January

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Lingross

Lingross Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 19 / -40
    Love point 7. What a headache.

• Like Like x 2
    Lingrosss
  5. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. MarcoGoes5H0LE

MarcoGoes5H0LE Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MarcoGoes5Hole#9335
    Ratings:
    +222 / 8 / -10
    Tell Soto that

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    MarcoGoes5Hole
  7. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS ?

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  8. CTRAlN 15

CTRAlN 15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +671 / 142 / -106
    He’s going second, after @Nifty

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ctrain2002
  9. Im 4thLine

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    You learn my tricks if you ever decide to join these ragssss

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Im 4thLine

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    2/9 avail won't cut it for him

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Remi l9l

Remi l9l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +365 / 39 / -25
    Porter carries me so he going 1st overall dont @ me

• Like Like x 1
    Remiaszl9l
  12. P3k1ng DuK

P3k1ng DuK Laporshkin x 71’s son

Ratings:
    +567 / 48 / -60
    Great write up shitter will enjoy these I think great thing to read before class! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    p3k1ng_duk
  13. hatemakerr

hatemakerr the material girl.

Ratings:
    +435 / 8 / -12
    "The Toilet List", where your best work is done goon.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    @goonderk what happened to your new write up

No Streaming Account