Someday soon, NO more lag!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pop0331, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nosice

nosice Only Texans Fan @ LG

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually i have a different belief then that, that's scripture... in Day 6 the bible says it created man in his image... and saw that it was good... then it says in day 7 he rested... Then he talks about FORMING man (adam) out of the dust of the ground then makes a home for him and and puts him there...

Now you hear about Cain and abel, adam's kids and cain sacrifices to God and his sacrifice is not accepted so he gets jealous and kills abel, being the first murder in the bible.. Then you Find Cain finding a wife in NOD.. Well where did these people come from.. Day 6

(now whether you believe this or not its not worth saying right or wrong.. Because We're all decidents of Adam because of the Flood..)

No Streaming Account
  2. SlapHappy

SlapHappy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LMAO...sweet post. That made me laugh out loud. I never thought about it, but now I'm scared as hell. :D

No Streaming Account
  3. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No Streaming Account
  4. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Huh? I'm not following how letting gays marry will eliminate gays. :?

No Streaming Account
  5. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A lot of the "in the closet" gays will come out of the closet. Therefore they won't have to fake a marriage with someone of the opposite sex and possibly "pollute" their children's sexuality/mindset. This is all hypothetical though, just kind of throwing out ideas.

No Streaming Account
  6. Pyrogerbil

Pyrogerbil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont believe it says anywhere that Adam and Eve were the only ones on earth or whatever i dunno.

The whole point is its about faith so it wouldnt be in God's best interest to make every thing crystal clear for you. *shrug*

A few possible explanations...
    1) there were several Edens and the fall happened again and again, all over the world, hence there were lots of cast out people all over the place;
    2) extra people were created later (and their creation story is lost or not recorded) so as not to compound the first family's original sin with that of incest;
    3) the Eden story isn't the story of the first people on the planet, it's just the story of the first people whose descendents can eventually be traced to Abraham, then Moses and then Jesus. But there were other people and their creation story is (as in #2, above) either unknown or not mentioned; or
    4) poor quality control on the part of the writers and compilers of the Bible.

No Streaming Account
  7. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its not the writer or compilers poor quality control it's THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIFFERENT INTERPRETATION, and most of the serious mistake is to formulate a Theology then get the passage of scripture to support it, without getting the REAL Message of the Entire Passage. For example, you will commit a possible mistake IF YOU TRY TO EXPLAIN THE MEANING OF 1 VERSE WITHOUT KNOWING THE ENTIRE CHAPTER.

now in your "possible explanation" sorry to point out, but if you'll base it in the Bible there are several flaws in your explanation:

1. there is only 1 EDEN.
    2. God give his creation, man and woman particularly, the choice, either do what he say or against Him. the reason why we were cast out because of the sin of ONE MAN (Romans)
    3. Eden is a place where God put HIS FIRST CREATED MAN AND WOMAN. the rest was propagation (sp?) of these man and woman (adam and eve)

regarding the incest question in Cain, THE LAW did not existed yet until Moses time. so incest at that time was not a sin.

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's not a genetic issue, you're not born gay, you turn gay. Letting them marry isn't going to stop the gay pediphiles from raping innocent young boys and the cycle continues....

No Streaming Account
  9. canucks33

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    homosexuality is not genetic as jon said, it is a LIFESTYLE. you choose to be one not born as one.

No Streaming Account
  10. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ill give someone a dollar if they lock this idiotic thread already.

No Streaming Account
  11. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if I had admin powers, you would be signing my name on a check this time 2 days ago at least :roll:

No Streaming Account
  12. IndigoVDub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First off I would like to say socal's prfole is gay. now that that's out of the way, the whole gay thing must come from some sort of influence. I mean if I don't know nevermind, it's probably never going to go away and I guess we have to live with it. Carry on freiend s carry on.

No Streaming Account
  13. wokeupinaz

wokeupinaz WHO!?!?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well said canucks and Jon. Homosexuality is just as much as a choice as going to the grocery store. Who came up wuth the idea that you are born gay??? Thats the problem now a days no one wants to blame themselves you notice that? If your a criminal its because you came from a bad neighborhood..If your gay your born with it, If your depressed its because of someone else so you have to pop a few pills. Society has degressed so much the past twenty years...its sad.

No Streaming Account
  14. wokeupinaz

wokeupinaz WHO!?!?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    why would you guys lock this thread? People are expressing their opinions and beliefs. Isnt that what forums are for?

No Streaming Account
  15. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    well i do think a lot of "gays" aren't born gay, And it is a choice, i however don't think the case stands for every gay person. Just as people are born with disabilities or defections, People can be born with low levels or testosterone or estrogen which naturally attracted them to the same sex.

I'd also like to point out to all the "religious" people, Religion is nothing more then a personal opinion, and that personal opinion isn't a healthy way to make decisions on the whole. This is why (thankfully) we have a separation of church and state

16. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just like this bogus statement is your personal opinion.

No Streaming Account
  17. canucks33

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this is what i DONT UNDERSTAND TO BOTH AMERICANS AND CANADIANS ALIKE. whenever you hear or read about the MORALITY base on Religion (particularly the Christian Morality and Ethics) they always CRY OUT: there should be a SEPARATION BETWEEN CHURCH AND STATE.
    do you mean that the CHURCH OR THE Christian FAITH must not be involved in the State Decision (as like in gay marriages, abortions etc.)

1. first of all, the Christian Faithful will always be against these acts (gay marriages and abortions) because it is contradictory to their Faith. besides the Forefathers of this 2 great nations have Christian Background.

2. Most people have the wrong notion of separation of Church and State really means. Thomas Jefferson Letter dated January 1, 1802 to the Danbury Baptist Assoc. of Connecticut is often misquoted by this generation. please read the following link so you will have an idea of what Jefferson really meant when he wrote this letter:

http://www.noapathy.org/tracts/mythofseparation.html

http://www.jeremiahproject.com/culture/ch_state.html

My question is: where do you base the RIGHT AND the WRONG in our society?

No Streaming Account
  18. Drake

Drake <b>Administrator</b>

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    An interpretation of Jefferson's letter by a Christian web site.....wow thats really unbiased.

Separation of church and state is a good thing because guess what? Not everyone believes in the same religion as you. Yes the founding fathers had a christian background, they also had slaves. Whats your point?

No Streaming Account
  19. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Anyone who wants a "religious" state GOTO IRAN, or Afgainistain before 9/11.

It simply DOES NOT work, all western country's are smart enough to realize the people as a whole benafit more when where's a seperation of church and state

20. wokeupinaz

wokeupinaz WHO!?!?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, some gays do have a chemical imbalance but very very very few. I would say 98% are by choice and choice only.

Seperation between church and state isnt all good. Look at the taking down of the ten commandments and the removal of prayer in public schools. The United States has gone through such a moral decline.

Hey Canuckss notice how no one has answered your question at the end of your last post.

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.