South Korea Bound

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Latdogg, Sep 10, 2010.

1. DemonSpawn78

DemonSpawn78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No Streaming Account
  2. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes and no. We have our own measures we take to practice defending our base. The thing is; when North Korea invades they will have 3,000 of their special forces here at Osan within 2 hours. There are only 400 of us cops here to defend our base. My only job as Security Forces is to to hold off the attack long enough for the A-10s and the F-16s to take off. After that we pretty much are sitting ducks because it will take a week for our back-up to get here. The war will be in the air and via missiles. The threat is real and that is why we do so many drills here. I'm confident we would win the war but us here at Osan and Kunsan will be wiped out pretty quickly, we are speed bumps. So long as we get those planes off the ground we will win the war though.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
    Gajeske85
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    :shock:

What do you know? lol

4. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    lol, I actually know a lot. We get intel briefs quite regularly. It will happen eventually, they are failing as a country. The people are starving, there is hardly any electricity, and all the money goes to the military. Kim Jon-Il handed over power to his 20-something year old son who is also a loose cannon. So now we have a 20 year old dictator with a full military at his hands. I don't know.....it will have to happen eventually. When it does it will be crazy though seeing what China and Russia do.

Gajeske85
  5. Nosa12

Nosa12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear that you are enjoying the experience of being in a different Country with a different culture I hve been fortunate to travel all over the world and it is amazing how much you learn and grow from dealing and understanding different cultures. Be safe and don't get into any trouble:)

No Streaming Account
  6. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, being in a different culture is a shock for sure but I am enjoying it. My job here is really tough and demanding but the off-time is worth it.

Gajeske85
  7. slow elk

slow elk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everything I read in the news is trending towards North Korea turning a new leaf. Seems like they are not trying to be the "hermit" country and are willing to talk about things. BUT, then I go to the Stars and Stripes and they act like the end of the world is coming

No Streaming Account
  8. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    The thing is that the North tries to be tough and intimidate the South. Here in the South we don't bite and when the world takes notice the North tries to act like they are being the bigger person. The North is corrupt and they are up to no good. They recently walked out on negotiations again so them appearing to turn a new leaf is a ploy. They are still very active in their military drills. Oh do I love the U-2 :)

Gajeske85
  9. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope you remain safe while you are over there Latt.

10. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I'm good to go so long as the North does not advance. Oddly enough there are also a lot of middle easterners that hang around on the outside of the base, that seems to concern the higher ups so we do more foot patrols out there as a deterrent. But overall it isn't very dangerous here, unless you get drunk and let the juicy girls rob you, lol.

Gajeske85
  11. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if you guys have been keeping up with the news or not but North Korea is at it again. They are going to run out of food in the not so distant future (for their military AND civilian population) and are demanding aid from China and the United States. They want to resume talks with Russia, China, the US, and other nations about their nuclear program. They also are demanding the United States sign a peace treaty so that the Korean War can officially come to an end. I do NOT see the US doing this and China has already said no to the aid. Here is the story. I'm interested to see what will happen once the North realizes they messed up big time.

Gajeske85
  12. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy.. have not been keeping up with that. Seems like there is so much going on everywhere no a days.

13. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The media is obsessed with domestic issues right now, not much news from overseas.

No Streaming Account
  14. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea they seemed to be covering the budget issue pretty hard. I don't really get to see much American news unless I look for it on the internet. I mostly see stuff about North Korea or South Korea and Japan fighting over some island. Mix in the fact that my Korean isn't super good and I'm sort of lost when it comes to world events, lol.

Gajeske85
  15. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You would have seen it if you didn't get paid. When the GOP was stalling a deal part of the problem could have been servicemen not getting paid.

No Streaming Account
  16. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, both sides were stalling. The republicans and democrats are equally to blame. They want to do what is good for their political careers and not what is good for the country as a whole.

17. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I agree. That is what really upsets me. They only do what is best for them, not what is best for the country. It is very sad to be honest.

Gajeske85
  18. jcon77

jcon77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    And in the end the ridiculous posturing on both sides cost us our AAA rating. Funny fact a friend of mine told me, all the the remaining countries with AAA ratings have some form of socialized medicine that spends less per person than our current (broken) system and covers everyone.

No Streaming Account
  19. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I really do not see why our government can't just get with reality and fix everything. Do what is in the best interest for the USA rather than having a dick measuring contest between each political party. There is no room for stubbornness in politics if you want everything to run smooth.

Gajeske85
  20. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but did they also tell you that they way they cover medical issues is a bit different. If you go in with a problem with your knee, they just hand you a can and send you on your way. lol