Statement to the League!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ozzyng2, May 21, 2012.

1. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Sorry this is coming out a bit later than I would have liked it to be but none the less it is needed. So I may have forgotten all the things I wanted to discuss or some details (lucky for all of you)

Since the beginning of the season there have been a few concerns about rules and what not so I wanted to explain what we are doing here and what some of our goals are while also touching base on some of the issues we have been experiencing.

To clarify, this season is set up to just be a simple season and rebuild the community. We know that some rules are not detailed or may even be missing. We also understand that with rebuilding a community there may be an imbalance in teams. This season should be an “acquaintance” season, where we get to know each other and the level of player each are. This will in turn give balance to teams and the league.

The future of the league:
    Our plans are to take this season and the rest of the summer to create a complete structured league, with hopefully enough details to not have to constantly change things until we get it right. Between the rules, guidelines and site tools we should be able to create a stable league that. We are not looking to ban, suspend or constantly baby sit players or owners. We want the league to be detailed in structure but run and maintain easily, constantly evolving the site’s tools to stay ahead of the competition.

There have been a few complaints about player’s LB’n, diving and other game play violations the past couple of weeks and I just want to let everyone know, its early and some mistakes are to be expected. We have to understand that some hard core club people may make these mistakes until they get in the habit of playing by the rules. This does not mean its “ok”, but if it happens once in the game, most likely the owner or a teammate will remind the player and it doesn’t happen again. If by chance a player seems to be abusing it by it happening more than once, please notify myself or cromags and we’ll note it on file and deal with it as needed. There is no need to panic and feel a whole team is cheating. We will try to take care of things as efficiently as possible but do not want to micro analyze everything or everyone’s game play. We are here to have competitive, enjoyable fun games and hope everyone respects the community to play the game in a sportsmanlike manner.

Important, Must Read!
    League/Site Behavior:
    As some of you may have learn or are currently learning, there will be a very low tolerance for drama and trouble making. One of the reasons I’ve chosen to come here and help start the team league back up is that leaguegaming has always held a more respectable community keeping the whining and drama to a minimum. I personally have gotten fed up with it though out other leagues that I would rather just give up then deal with it any longer. We feel that if you are just here to cause trouble whether from a big ego and not getting your way to always complaining about what others do, you can find another place to play. There are procedures to follow if you have a valid complaint and we expect everybody to follow them.

Tris10 works hard at improving the site and features to make you gaming experience easier and more efficient and we need to return the favor by conducting ourselves in a mature, sportsmanlike manner when both winning and losing. If you think you are above that or “so what, I’ll take a suspension” you will find you stay here to be very short lived. We don’t need the drama, attention seekers, or arrogant boasting egos talking down on other members of the league/site.

Also, cromags has posted up a site rule about dropping at of other leagues on the site. The NHL Team League will respect these standards from here on out. Any player signing up for other leagues and quitting, will also be removed from the team league as per those guidelines.

In ending, its a video game (not to sound cliche) and we are all here to play some competitive 6v6 games. We don't need the drama and big drawn out rulebooks, wanting to watch everyone's every move looking for a reason to suspend someone. Keep it clean, play the game and be good, mature sports. If someone does cross the line deal with it the right way and move on.

PS: Feel free to ask any questions or make a comment but keep it civil.

2. Bigsac_13

Bigsac_13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So basically this is a beta season great.

3. YouppiHabs

YouppiHabs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Better late then never!

No Streaming Account
  4. shady5545

shady5545 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed ozzy!!!!!

No Streaming Account
  5. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Not really, we're not "testing" anything, we just wanted to go simple and get the community built. We know what we are going to do in the future.

6. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    "We don’t need the drama, attention seekers, or arrogant boasting egos talking down on other members of the league/site."

Cheers to that!

good post, Nothing beats LG.
    The right to be here, only exists if you are privileged it.

No Streaming Account
  7. sauce47

sauce47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +512 / 57 / -92
    sounds good

No Streaming Account
  8. DaGuzenn

DaGuzenn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If people will just stick this season out, next season will be so much better. Everyone will have an idea who everybody is and things will get better. I'm confident that things will get better as the league grows older. Props to everyone that makes this possible.

No Streaming Account
  9. VintageMC

VintageMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So if someone makes a mistake and uses the LB on the forecheck, ends up scoring off the turnover... should the goal be reversed? Or do we ignore that they made this mistake as long as it happens just once?

No Streaming Account
  10. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    If a goal comes as a direct result of a broken rule, I hope both owners have enough sense to agree the goal doesn't count. This was more directed about people complaining about the game play. I'm sure that if when these things happen in games that the player's owner is on top of it, owners just need to communicate and let the other team know it was a mistake.

11. YouppiHabs

YouppiHabs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday vs Washington, we accidently board played in the offensive zone and as soon as we noticed we gave the other team the puck and went back on defense.

No Streaming Account
  12. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    GREAT POST, thank you, you would think this would be a given or easy to uphold.

No Streaming Account
  13. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    Anything in the rules is broken.Even if it's by mistake ,will not count if it results in a goal. I hope that clears it up :)

No Streaming Account
  14. llSelenaGomezll

llSelenaGomezll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed

No Streaming Account
  15. k0vyShowQc

k0vyShowQc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi my name does not appear on the draft list do i have to play my 4 games before??? t

No Streaming Account
  16. x1DR DRO1X

x1DR DRO1X Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    About dropping leagues I'm in the lshl n the times r pritty much the same and I signed up for that league after lg cause I wasn't sure when this league was starting back up so I was wondering if I dropped the LSHL would that be ok

No Streaming Account
  17. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    They said other leagues on this site, like GM Connected I am assuming or other leagues going on. Not LSHL or VHL or whatever

Maverik19
  18. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    This is correct, it means other leagues on this site.

19. x1DR DRO1X

x1DR DRO1X Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ozzie

No Streaming Account
  20. Dirty Dwayne

Dirty Dwayne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #thisiswhyiplayinthisleague. Great post.

No Streaming Account