LGCHL Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Oct 14, 2017.

1. ndrdog

ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

Ratings:
    +72 / 34 / -208
    Last season we lost about 60 players/week to bans and quitting. Looking at CHL rosters right now more than half have no TC defensemen at all and the ones that do, many were the players who were on multi-season contracts from last season. When I mentioned the league couldn't survive losing 60 players /week and stay healthy I was laughed at. Maybe expanding wasn't the best idea. If team's are going to fold, shut some down now and save the rest.

• Like Like x 1
    Ndrdog
  2. bnoser49

bnoser49 styling and profiling WOOOOOOOOO!

Ratings:
    +334 / 25 / -62
    i sugge
    i suggest the min availability be raised from 4/9 to 5/9

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 9 / -11
    LG McDonald said:
    Any ideas or suggestions for the CHL or site in general? We'd love to hear your ideas!

Well with all the new teams that were added for S9, I believe that a smaller roster would be more profitable then what we are seeing right now, positions such as G, C and D are the lowest filled positions, and not talking numbers but rather competitiveness. Also, smaller roster means more TCs. Looking at NHL we are looking at 17+ players/ECUs, at the AHL level, it goes up to 50+ TCs/ECUs. With the new teams in place, CHL is looking at 10 TCs/ECUs at best. Smaller roster would increase the amount of games for each roster players and bigger numbers in TCs/(ECUs). Or if the roster remains at 17, have the Owner/GM/Agm an extra 2 games as ECU, unless one of them is a G in that case number of games played should remain 6, regardless of position played. (Can only play other position as ECU, not at will)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    sgtvandoos
  4. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,407 / 66 / -497
    What is the reasoning?
    I think there is balancing act at the CHL tier in regards to competitiveness / availability to play.

I've been a part of this community in the role I am in since there was no CHL, and only 15 AHL teams. Each time we expanded the league we saw the same issues; "the league isn't competitive", "we don't have enough defenders". A few seasons after each expansion, we recovered and returned to the experience we all desire.

I've been a game changer with EA now for three years now. One of the interesting facts I've learned is there is ~135,000 EASHL players EACH game... That is a PILE of players who likely don't even have a clue what LG is.

The neat thing about the CHL is it is entry level for our players. Therefore if you decide you want to be a CHL Owner for 3-6 seasons, you know every new player coming into the league is a prospect who CANNOT be called up, therefore you can stack your team full of new untapped talent every season.

Of course when the season ends you maybe back to the drawing board due to some players being drafted.

Winning at this tier continues to be the most difficult due to the structure and sheer volume of players and possibilities. But this tier is the future. This is the future NHL owners, and the future NHL talent.

I understand it may not feel as competitive, but the additional teams have opened the door to ove
    @AffordableDreams and his crew are handling this concern very well this season
    That isn't a terrible idea, but then what will the punishment be for Owner's who play four games a week and bench a player? What if that player just wants to win and is okay with? What about Owners who are goalies? What about awards?

• Like Like x 4
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  5. TheRabidPanther

TheRabidPanther Bum

Discord:
    Therabidpanther#9540
    Ratings:
    +127 / 21 / -22
    When you signup for a season, you should have multiple position pick options. Such as instead of me being LW, I should be able to pick LW/RW since I am comfortable on both. Or make it where you can choose LD/RD if you do not have a preference.

TheRabidPanther
  6. SgtVandoos

SgtVandoos Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 9 / -11
    Reading your reply to my suggestion, my question to you would then be in average, how many new players join the league each season? (for PSN version) and how long will such seasonal increase fix the problem of having little TC's for the CHL? Because what I propose could be use as a temporary solution until numbers get back up.

Also, in answer to the suggestion of having an owner play extra games, to fill in as ECU, I think it is a wonderful idea, the first part about punishment for benching a player, I believe that it is the leagues responsibility to find a punishment fitting the crime, personally the strike system can be use in this situation. He'd be naive to believe that all those breaking the rules are caught, which in this case relate to the second part of your answer, (about a player being ok to be bench). As far as owners who are Goalies, lowering the number of maximum games to 5 for goalies can be implemented and at the the any position can be added to the owner cases.

sgtvandoos
  7. bnoser49

bnoser49 styling and profiling WOOOOOOOOO!

Ratings:
    +334 / 25 / -62
    more flexability for mgt in scheulding. less rule infractions by mgt would be the result imo. with only a 4/9 min availability the commitment required by players is very minnimal imo . sorry spell check is broke.

No Streaming Account
  8. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 | Windhorst | RW #35 | LGCHL PSN Voltigeurs GM |

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +220 / 230 / -66

I will go even farther and say fix the app stats completely - The stats for some reason do not update and are usually tricky to navigate unless you know how to work it yourself. Everything else on the app is good, just the stats option.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    srubrad35
  9. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 | Windhorst | RW #35 | LGCHL PSN Voltigeurs GM |

Discord:
    LHSbrad35#6806
    Ratings:
    +220 / 230 / -66
    It may be helpful to link videos that are stored and used on the site over on a channel that is also external from the site.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    srubrad35
  10. TheRabidPanther

TheRabidPanther Bum

Discord:
    Therabidpanther#9540
    Ratings:
    +127 / 21 / -22
    Can we get those player cards with your players picture like xbox has?

• Like Like x 2
    TheRabidPanther
  11. Changuito74

Changuito74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 3 / -3
    Instead of random tc assignment to ahl/nhl. Have a team affiliate system where players can grow within an organization network. That would also encourage owners to work well with each other for success at every league level as a unit and effectively act as scouts for the upper organizations. Just a thought

No Streaming Account