LGCHL Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by LG McDonald, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TwO_PuMp_ChUmP11

TwO_PuMp_ChUmP11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 26 / -17
    Get better thumbs??? ^^^^^

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Jopetto75

Jopetto75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Anyway we can put together a little TC tournament double elimination? Be fun and something to look forward too. I got some friends that are down and will help out in anyway. Just a thought I know it's gonna be busy for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Land-Creature

Land-Creature Left Defense

Discord:
    LandCreature#5515
    Ratings:
    +33 / 7 / -8
    3 on 3 leagues would be cool i guess

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    LandCreature
  4. Bulging_twine

Bulging_twine Retired (Xbox & PSN)

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 208 / -244
    So, a few thoughts.

I've been able to spend time as part of Media, and as TC Development. Now, I am being given a shot to run WJC for PS4. I have played a grand total of 7 seasons now I think. I have enjoyed the time here. It is fun as hell, and organized as best as I can find anywhere. Everyone will have a little thing that they wish was available to them on the site, and there will always be complaints.

There have been multiple changes to rules, options, etc. But, that happens anywhere. It's called innovation.

Just a few thoughts I have:

• TC development definitely needs to be stronger, and have a larger presence. But, there are limitations to where we can go at the moment. But, as with anything, there needs to be mutual support and involvement. We are going to have a 2nd WJC season in a few days, and it already looks like it is going to be a great experience. Well over 300 signups for it. I personally have already seen some positive things out of our TC games this season.
    • To touch on the players rights thing that keeps getting brought up, we should start basically with a good idea that as brought up earlier in this thread. The welcoming e-mail/PM to players who sign up. I've had some guys that I got to sign up for LG this season, and it was very hard explaining to them the process and navigation of the site. A well typed email or Auto PM would be great. Explaining the options, where to go to next, who and how to contact your teams management, etc.
    • Maybe the staff needs to be expanded to have a "Welcoming committee", that only works with new players. A "Moderation Committee" that deals with the overall atmosphere of the site. There are way to many times on the site in forums or even chat rooms, where the atmosphere is completely chaotic, and toxic. Thats not a good impression for anyone new coming along, except for other toxic people. I think the BOGS we have now on PS4 are flat out better than on the Xbox side, in the sense that they act quicker and are more efficient to the rules.
    • Site navigation definitely needs a touch up. Looking at the site, it seems clogged with so much information and links , it would be hard for a new player to legitimately find his place. And for us veterans, sometimes it takes too many clicks to get to where we need to be.
    • The Team locker room should be a MAJOR hub for your teams activities. More should be added there. To me it seems like a unused place on the site. Add team stats there, team leaders, etc. Once place the team can go to find out everything about your team.
    • Maybe the ideas of everyone should be placed forefront, and check them off as you go along, so the members see the progression of positive change. A "You asked for it, you got it" Board somewhere.
    • Special events like WJC and IHL should have more spiced up pages for them. It just feels like its a page, with no attention to detail. Nifty background images, color schemes, stats hubs, etc.
    • The APP, is a fantastic tool to have when on the go, but it is sometimes hard to navigate. I see improvements happening reguarly with the app though, so thats great.

I have other ideas as well. Overall I think Tris and the staff have done a great job here to be honest. You go somewhere else, and the site is bland, options are minimal, and the overall feel of those sites are flat out horrendous.

Best thing I can say is, if you want to make things better, volunteer. Jump in and help. I had issues with how TC players were used/treated, and volunteered to run TC games. And, although it could be better, I think it has been fun for those players.

Sorry so long, but, just wanted to be able to get some things cleared.

• Like Like x 3
    bulging_twine
  5. Farx9

Farx9 S8 Hamilton Bulldogs Owner

Discord:
    Farx9#0786
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1
    Not sure if this idea has ever been brought up but I feel like the league would be a lot less about who you know if it was mandatory or automatically done by the site that if the owner doesn’t change the line up by a certain period of time and has to use a tc that the player who was scheduled gets an automatic strike as opposed to the owner choosing to not discipline because they are friends, this would really open up positions for Tc’s to make the move up by removing unreliable players. So if I was to not give (Example) 2 hour notice that I can’t make the game then I’m automatically written up when the game is completed, this will also ensure that player give proper notice to missing games making it much easier for a owner and gm to find replacement. Anyways just an idea, let’s not all get angry about my suggestion as it prob will upset some owners if this was implemented but ultimately help the league

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. XtremegamerL

XtremegamerL Quebec GM

Discord:
    XtremegamerL#7962
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    a suggestion would be to maybe have like 3-4 roster players who aren't mgt be able to also be utility players with no pos lock

xtremegamerl
  7. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 Season 8 Medicine Hat Tigers GM

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +367 / 22 / -50
    Then why have position lock? That means 7/17 players wouldn't have a lock.

• Like Like x 1
    MrImster
  8. XtremegamerL

XtremegamerL Quebec GM

Discord:
    XtremegamerL#7962
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    tbh i dont like the pos lock at all but it is something i doubt they would be willing to remove so i thought about this

xtremegamerl
  9. ndrdog

ndrdog 200+ negative ratings and 97% are from 4 people.

Ratings:
    +52 / 32 / -206
    To many TC's disappear every season for a number of reasons. I believe the two major factors are a difficult time getting started in the league and just a lack of playing. Why not schedule TC games at the same time and nights as the teams play. No stats would be needed and no broadcasting necessary. It's just to play the games. If management wants to play they can. NO ROSTER PLAYERS. This is not necessarily to get seen or noticed, it's to play and get used to the scheduling and playing with your teammates. This is expounding on an idea from Thatguyscamping and discussions we have had. So proper credit is given.

• Like Like x 1
    Ndrdog
  10. Gschlez

Gschlez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473 / 33 / -65
    Having 2 days of later games so we can have more westcoast players in the league

• Like Like x 3
    Windmillsfordayz
  11. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +367 / 22 / -50
    PLEASE. My availability was all sorts of fucked because I had sports after school which means I almost never got home in time for 8:30 games (5:30 here)

MrImster
  12. VRain_19

VRain_19 Goalie/ R. Wing

Ratings:
    +409 / 17 / -52
    Going off the multi year contracts for CHL players how about update the contract system.
    • Veteran players get Vet Contracts that are one way contracts and must have the player clear waivers to be sent down (generic contract currently in use).
    • Amateur contracts that are 2 way (no waivers for NHL to AHL moves but to the CHL will involve waivers).
    • Prospects contracts For the CHL only which give CHL players that wish to stay can stay (can range from 1-3 seasons).
    • Finally Draft contracts that give free movement between the 3 leagues but will have restrictions (2 to 3 seasons only allowed for these contracts).

No Streaming Account
  13. D1SCOFEVER

D1SCOFEVER Chris Disco

Discord:
    D1SCOFEVER (LW)#9536
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -1
    2 seasons per title. Leave July August open for off-season months. Just as it is in the real NHL. You can take those 2 months and do a TC Challenge tournament with group stage and knockout sorta like a combine for TCs and this will give all TCs a good chance to show their skills or instead of that create a World Junior tournament for CHL/TC players only. However you want to to work that out. All in all I think having 2 seasons is a good balance for each year and gives a long enough off-season break. Not that the schedule format is anything wrong I just think expanding the seasons out a bit and eliminating that 3rd season would feel a lot more realistic.

For example :

Season 8:
    Oct Nov Dec Jan (including playoffs)
    off-season: Feb - Mar - Apr

Season 9:
    Apr May Jun Jul (including playoffs)
    off-season: Aug - Sep - Oct

Now during those off-season months:

Couple ideas:

World Juniors
    (LGCHL eligible players only)

LGTC Tournament Combine/Challenge
    (LGCHL eligible players only)

Both would help Owners & GMs or scouting teams players to look at during the off-season and gives TCs a good way to compete. I've gotten a good amount of feedback on this idea as well.

WC of Hockey
    (LGNHL / LGAHL eligible players only) Since the NHL does take part in this tournament every 4 years . How about do this one every 4 seasons. I know it sounds like a long stretch for a lot but it only feels more authentic that way and gives us all something to look forward to.

Winter Olympics:
    (LGCHL players eligible)
    Some of you are saying no way. Well since the NHL doesn't take part in this for the time being then you can do this one every 4 seasons too. Idk how a lot of players would feel about this one but another one that some thought might not be a bad idea. This would take place in the first season of each title during the winter months.

NHL All Star game and voting format:
    This would be a great feature. I actually have no idea if it already exists during the season but maybe a good idea and gives us a good shot to vote for players in and makes it more competitive.

I think that's all I have for the time being. For the most part I'm enjoying playing in this league. It's been a good experience and hope it continues to succeed. Great job LG team!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    chrisdisco48
  14. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    LG McDonald#5572
    Ratings:
    +10,289 / 65 / -440
    Summer seasons to still have 3500 sign ups..kind of hard to cancel a season with that much interest

• Like Like x 1
    Lg_commissioner
  15. Mike Lowe

Mike Lowe New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    First, I've had an great amount of help from folks taking time out of their schedule to help me and answer my questions. It's much appreciated!

If I could offer one suggestion as a newbie, it would be to simplify the number of places for new people to be looking/doing things. I work as an instructional design manager in elearning/online education, and while the industry is far from perfect, it's something we're continually working towards improving. This league seems great, and they are definitely focused on being even better. One of the biggest concerns we have in my line of work is retention, and most students who end up dropping courses do so very early on because they feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to look and where to start.

With a leaguegaming website and app, and then a separate Discord account and app, and then multiple threads and channels within each of these, and automated emails asking us to sign up for games, and then signing up for games but then not being eligible to play in games...it just gets very confusing and can be quite deflating, even combing through numerous topics in a help section. I think I get the gist of the league, but for someone who is very comfortable with technology and existing online (I have worked remotely for nearly 5 years now), it certainly is far more cumbersome than it probably needs to be for new folks starting out.

My suggestion for the league would be to setup a very streamlined mentorship program. There are a thousand ways to do this, but for now I'll just float the idea out there...and then wait and try and figure out when and where I might actually play some EASHL with ya'll! :)

Thanks for reading. I truly hope this helps, and only share in an attempt to help the league(s) grow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. crazeematt1

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +367 / 22 / -50
    When I got here I was very confused. I had no idea what I was doing and there were so many forums, sign up buttons, shoutboxes; I was lost as hell.

I at the very least would like there to be an all-in-one in depth guide as to how stuff works, something that would clear a lot of stuff up.

Having everything so spread out, along with just throwing new players into the pit without any guidance upon joining, makes those new players want to leave. It takes a while to get used to everything, for some people too long.

I think that having something along the lines of mentorship or a guide would benefit the site and keep new players around.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    MrImster
  17. TheRabidPanther

TheRabidPanther Goal Scorer

Ratings:
    +66 / 13 / -17
    I suggest ECHL... I want to be the ultimate scrub

TheRabidPanther
  18. Canadianbacon197

Canadianbacon197 New Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -1
    I strongly believe that ECHL is the next big step for LG. This would keep interest in the LG community for all players not just the roster players. Seems we all know of players who quit LG because of there being a lack of playing time for them. As i was captain for red and blue tc games, i have seen very high interest for a new TC league (ECHL). Maybe start with 8-12 teams for one season to see how it goes?

Candianbacon197
  19. Mike Lowe

Mike Lowe New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    An ECHL league sounds like a great idea. Playing some drop-in last night and ugh, it just made me want to get with an actual team here so badly!

No Streaming Account
  20. Farx9

Farx9 S8 Hamilton Bulldogs Owner

Discord:
    Farx9#0786
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1
    I would still just add it as a new tier with the rest of the league, slot them in just below the Ahl, and owners in the chl that clearly should be in a higher tier automatically get a team in echl, I wouldn’t want it below the chl if the league is trying to keep it realistic as possible but I love the idea of expansion but i doubt it’ll happen till nhl 19

No Streaming Account