Suggestion to revamp bidding.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & feedback' started by ae BIG RIG, Feb 6, 2017.

1. ae Nameless

ae Nameless #Grind

Discord:
    onobigrig#0
    Ratings:
    +246 / 9 / -3
    I would like to see bidding changed to a more reasonable timeline. Something fair and reasonable for all time zones. I would recommend 12pm to 12am bidding. Bids shouldn't be ending at 3am as this can be stressful on managers and impact other priorities.

I feel like a 10 hour starting cooldown on bids needs to be implemented instead of the current 12. Any future bid on a player should reduce the cooldown by 2 hours. An example of how this would work would be player (X) gets a 500k bid, which will expire in 10 hours. Player (X) gets a second bid up to 750k which now reduces down to 8 hours. Player (X) gets a third bid up to 1 million and the cooldown now starts at 6 hours. Once a player gets down to 2 hours it locks at that and any future bids reset it to 2 hours. The reason for this new approach to bidding is because the current system handicaps GM's ability to effectively use the timeline for bidding. 4 current bids sniped near a 12 hour deadline eats up 2 full days of bidding and a lot can happen in that 2 days. GM's shouldn't be forced to wait 3 full days to find out if a player they want is going to be available, and due to salary cap restrictions bids that take 12 hours to expire can cause a lot of havoc on other bids. I feel like this would escalate bidding and give a lot of other players the option to get picked up earlier in the bidding process instead of taking several days of clock chewing to find out what's going on. The proposed change would result in a player getting 5 bids to reach the 2 hour cooldown, and with the proposed counter sniping changes should result in higher contracted players going in the first day or by the second, instead of it taking 3-4+ days. This then opens GM's ability to make more effective bids on other players without all the question marks that the current system promotes.

No Streaming Account
  2. ae Nameless

ae Nameless #Grind

Discord:
    onobigrig#0
    Ratings:
    +246 / 9 / -3
    As a follow up, any GM can continue to bid at any time for a player, but the cooldown only runs during the proposed changes. Meaning, late night GM's can still freely bid on a player at 4am if they so choose, but the cooldown for the players timer to expire only runs during the 'open' timeline.

No Streaming Account