Summer Season Fantasy Draft?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Gilbzey, Apr 29, 2021.

?

Do you want to see a summer season fantasy draft?

1. Yes

65.6%
  2. No

34.4%
  1. Nata1e

Nata1e I'm walking em

Discord:
    Natale#9564
    Ratings:
    +1,004 / 162 / -202
    @Bitcoin98x i forgot about your waiver point.

As far as waivers go. Draft picks would still be exempt from waivers, amateurs as well. Waivers would still be there to keep the best NHL players in the NHL. The status of a player in LG is what determines waivers, not salary. I actually think this system would help keep the best players in the NHL, and keep weaker talent from having to get bombarded in the NHL when they aren’t ready, and here’s why.

With no salaries, teams would be able to call up their best ahl assets if needed too. They wouldn’t have to settle for calling up a 500k third liner so they fit the teams salary cap. They’d be able to call up that 9mil ahl player who went round 1 or 2 in their draft, who could very well be in the NHL from the start. Teams would be able to make call ups based on solely skill, rather than needing to call up a player who may not be ready to play up here, but fits under the salary cap. It also provides more opportunities to those players who are on the cusp of being in the NHL. To prevent teams from ruining their affiliates, a 2 player call up limit or something similar could be implemented to help out the ahl side of things. I just think with a draft you truly are able to keep everyone who should be nhl playing in nhl, and guys who should be ahl, playing in the ahl.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    l_s4k_1
  2. NINETY ElGHT

NINETY ElGHT Warning Group

Discord:
    Ninety Elght#9689
    Ratings:
    +827 / 29 / -86
    I like the idea, I just think your asking for it with no salary cap. The league would need to review every trade and we know how that’s gone in the past.

I promise you, you will see D cores with 5-6 game 7 defenseman on them.

NINETYElght
  3. hgSparty

hgSparty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Sparty#0318
    Ratings:
    +428 / 7 / -26
    Assign salary based off of round picked in the draft if needed, obviously a big difference between the #1 pick and #32, so you could break it down by every 10 picks. There are ways to do it.
    Unfortunately with a league of this magnitude and how many working pieces are needed to make it run, trust me its more than you realize if youve never been staff, to just drop what is being done and switch it up on short notice is highly unlikely.
    Anything like this would need to be done way in advance... I actually like the idea as its a different format and could liven up whats going on here as the media and buzz around the leagues seem to be down from past seasons.

BackupGoaltending
  4. Devin Decibel

Devin Decibel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -13
    If you thought players run the show now, LOL.
    I just see this headed towards a few teams getting their G7/teammates/friends and running away with the league. In other words -- fun for a handful of managers and teams, and a big headache for the rest.

I enjoy the concept of something new, but there are too many moving pieces and gaps to iron out and not enough time.
    Maybe instead, push for a condensed LG schedule to prevent staleness/overlaps with esports.

DevinDecibel
  5. JerseyDevils 27

JerseyDevils 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    JerseyDevils 27#4349
    Ratings:
    +324 / 20 / -33
    This is the most unintelligent concept I’ve ever heard of in my life. It absolutely does not surprise me that @Gilbzey and @S4KIC are the masterminds of this idiotic format. Fucking moronic.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account