Sundin finally decides!

Discussion in 'General Sports Talk Forum' started by Krimsonfire, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Phantom818

Phantom818 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GREAT pic.

No Streaming Account
  2. bradly123

bradly123 GO RIVER RATS GO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am happy for Sundin that he went to the Canucks because he knew that he wasn't going to win the cup with the maple leafs. They payed him 10 million$ which is crazy.

No Streaming Account
  3. Jingling

Jingling Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sundin took the money with a strong team. Last year in Toronto, he realized how weak defensively they were. I'm sure that played a hand in his decision on which team to sign with. Plus, Sundin brings more than just his stats to a team, he brings leadership much like Messier had (on a smaller scale perhaps) and look what Messier did for Naslund.

I never thought Luongo was better than Brodeur (at this point in their careers), so yeah I can agree that it's a stretch to call him the undisputed #1 goaltender in the world. That's left for Brodeur and he just proved it a week ago with his 552nd win... he also proved it the year he broke the regular season wins record for 1 season; with Luongo also breaking that record, but not passing Broduer in the wins column. But it's not a stretch to say he's top 3, like Foiled said. If you watched the Vancouver - Dallas series in 2007 I think you'd agree. Albeit was only 1 series, a lot of ppl say it was one of the best goaltending battles in playoff history.

No Streaming Account
  4. canucks33

canucks33 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    brodeur is a great goalie and started with one of the best team in the league. luongo on the other hand played one of the crappiest team in the league after being in the stanley cup, they were not in the same form. if luo started in a solid team with his career, im sure he'll be having some stanley cup under his belt. but he will have his chance and i hope this year.

yes sundin elevated some players in the Canucks organization. i believe he was able to help ryan kesler to develop his skills and bring confidence to this #1 pick of canucks.

No Streaming Account